Options

Big Day Out 2014– Aust&NZ– Pre-partys, Travel Info&Roll Call

Comments

• Options
    twojawastwojawas Posts: 318
    edited July 2013
    Bad news about the sideshows. I've avoided BDO for years now because of the huge concentration of bogans but I guess I'll have to put on my bogan repellent to see the mighty PJ.
    Post edited by twojawas on
  • Options
    Eraserhead wrote:
    I flew with Tiger Airlines for internal flights on the 2009 tour and had no problems. Have things changed since then?

http://www.webjet.com.au was very handy too.

Enjoy the shows! :)

Tiger is known for sudden flight cancellations and stranding their passengers in airports. Virgin Blue is more reliable.
  • Options
    kezzannekezzanne Posts: 4
    I am gutted to think that I have to go to BDO. But how can I not when it is my only chance to see them?
  • Options
    kezzanne wrote:
    I am gutted to think that I have to go to BDO. But how can I not when it is my only chance to see them?

I hear you.
  • Options
    No CoderNo Coder Brisbane Posts: 1,126
    Wow, great effort Jodie!!!

I'm in for GC!! Graf idea with looking out for each other with tickets too. Now the presale stress starts!!!

Would love to do more shows, but funds don't permit. As someone else said, I would see them anywhere, including a toilet
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me

*BEC, Brisbane, March 1995
    *BEC, Brisbane, March 1998
    *BEC, Brisbane, November 2006
    *QSAC, Brisbane November 2009
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane March 10 and 12 2011
    *Big Day Out, Gold Coast, 19 Jan 2014
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane, 22,23 & 25 Feb 2014
  • Options
    your move nowyour move now Posts: 1,165
    Will be at as many as possible, is it possible to be reluctant and excited at the same time?
    I don't mean to offend anyone, a lot of what I say should be taken with a grain of salt... that said for most of you I'm a stranger on a computer on the other side of the world, don't give me that sort of power!
  • Options
    Will be at as many as possible, is it possible to be reluctant and excited at the same time?

Oh yes, you are not alone.
  • Options
    I was really hoping for a stand alone tour but I'm still pretty excited about getting to see them.

Melbourne BDO for me!!!
    2003: Melbourne 1
    2006: Verona, Vienna, Zagreb, Melbourne 1-2-3, Adelaide 1-2
    2009: Melbourne
    2010: Belfast
    2012: Werchter
    2014: Melbourne, Adelaide, EV Melb 1-2
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    Awesome job Jodie...

enjow the shows everyone!!! :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Princess BulldozerPrincess Bulldozer Mannheim, Germany Posts: 952
    Eraserhead wrote:

Thanks added to the first post :)
    Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure - science.
    ~Edwin Powell Hubble

Men love to wonder, and that is the seed of science.
    ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Options
    Awesome job Jodie...

Thanks Dimi!

You coming? Or wait for a non-festival tour of Australia to come down?
    Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure - science.
    ~Edwin Powell Hubble

~Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Options
    EraserheadEraserhead Stoke-on-Trent Posts: 2,847
    Eraserhead wrote:

Thanks added to the first post :)

No problem! I got a flight from Sydney to Adelaide for $15!
    Manchester 04.06.00, Leeds 25.08.06, Wembley 18.06.07, Dusseldorf 21.06.07, Shepherds Bush 11.08.09, Manchester 17.08.09, Adelaide 17.11.09, Melbourne 20.11.09, Sydney 22.11.09, Brisbane 25.11.09, MSG1 20.05.10, MSG2 21.05.10, Dublin 22.06.10, Belfast 23.06.10, London 25.06.10, Long Beach 06.07.11 (EV), Los Angeles 08.07.11 (EV), Toronto 11.09.11, Toronto 12.09.11, Ottawa 14.09.11, Hamilton 14.09.11, Manchester 20.06.12, Manchester 21.06.12, Amsterdam 26.06.2012, Amsterdam 27.06.2012, Berlin 04.07.12, Berlin 05.07.12, Stockholm 07.07.12, Oslo 09.07.12, Copenhagen 10.07.12, Manchester 28.07.12 (EV), Brooklyn 18.10.13, Brooklyn 19.10.13, Philly 21.10.13, Philly 22.10.13, San Diego 21.11.13, LA 23.11.13, LA 24.11.13, Oakland 26.11.13, Portland 29.11.13, Spokane 30.11.13, Calgary 02.12.13, Vancouver 04.12.13, Seattle 06.12.13, Trieste 22.06.14, Vienna 25.06.14, Berlin 26.06.14, Stockholm 28.06.14, Leeds 08.07.14, Philly 28.04.16, Philly 28.04.16, MSG1 01.05.16, MSG2 02.05.16
  • Options
    No Coder wrote:
    Wow, great effort Jodie!!!

I'm in for GC!!

Thanks, see you at GC!
    ~Edwin Powell Hubble

~Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Options
    mauseummauseum Caves Beach, Australia Posts: 22
    is it possible to be reluctant and excited at the same time?
    How about saddened and disappointed?

They may be my favourite musicians but I won't be shelling out $185 just to see them, at a terrible venue filled with drunken idiots.
    03/11/95 - Eastern Creek Raceway, Sydney, Australia
    03/12/98 - Entertainment Centre, Sydney, Australia
    02/13/03 - Entertainment Centre, Sydney, Australia
    11/07/06 - Acer Arena, Sydney, Australia

...walks on his own with thoughts he can't help thinking...
  • Options
    mauseum wrote:
    is it possible to be reluctant and excited at the same time?
    How about saddened and disappointed?

They may be my favourite musicians but I won't be shelling out $185 just to see them, at what I'm sure will be a terrible venue filled with drunken idiots.

I'm excited to see them, and I went to PJ20 so it hasn't been as long for me as a lot of us, I'll shell out and show up and am sure I'll not regret it but right now I have very mixed feelings
    I don't mean to offend anyone, a lot of what I say should be taken with a grain of salt... that said for most of you I'm a stranger on a computer on the other side of the world, don't give me that sort of power!
  • Options
    doomponydoompony Wellington, NZ Posts: 4,497
    this is how the phone convo just went with my friend

*answer*
    "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"
    "I KNOW. THIS IS BEST WORST NEWS EVER!"
    "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO but yay?"
  • Options
    doompony wrote:

*answer*

Haha!
    ~Edwin Powell Hubble

~Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Options
    KhuntzaKhuntza Posts: 21
    2nd Sydney show it is for me!!
  • Options
    Really looking at the lineup....very unimpressed..have seen blur before at the Horden Pavillion. ...they were ok.

So I assume PJ will play last.....so who's going down to the main stage and going to stay there all day?
    Sydney Ent Centre: 10/03/1995

All the rusted signs we ignore thoughout our lives
    Choosing the shiny ones instead
  • Options
    Awesome job Jodie...

Thanks Dimi!

You coming? Or wait for a non-festival tour of Australia to come down?
    ill wait to married a rich lady that will pay my travelsl for pj.. :lol:
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Really looking at the lineup....very unimpressed..have seen blur before at the Horden Pavillion. ...they were ok.

So I assume PJ will play last.....so who's going down to the main stage and going to stay there all day?

yep! will see you there
  • Options
    Snippet from 10C email

Ten Club has arranged a special Ten Club members only pre-sale through the festival website. Pre-sale tickets will not be available through the Ten Club site. Due to the nature of festivals, there will not be a Ten Club early entry. Ten Club pre-sale tickets are simply being offered to help our members get tickets before the public pre-sale tickets sell out. Supplies are limited, tickets not guaranteed.

To Purchase Tickets:
    At the designated pre-sale time, click the link to the show you want to purchase. The links and password to purchase tickets are listed below. To ensure these tickets go to members only, please do not share this password.

PRE-SALE Begins Thursday 1st August 2013 at 9am local time until sold out or until Friday 2nd August 2013 at 9am local time, whichever comes first.
    ~Edwin Powell Hubble

~Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Options
    doompony wrote:

*answer*
    :lol:
  • Options
    MangoMango Brisbane, Australia (via Dublin, Ireland) Posts: 1,049
    Okay okay someone help a brother out here. I've never been to BDO and wouldn't be going except for PJ (and Arcade Fire!!). I've heard lots of stories about it, drunken idiots etc but I don't care. Im going. Simple. Now, does this festival sell out usually? I can afford a few tickets tomorrow but I'm going home to Ireland for Christmas and its costing me and the wife $6k to do that so as you can imagine me shelling out hundreds of dollars right now will result in me losing my testicles. Am I safe getting them in a few months?

Jodie I will PM you now.

Thanks
    "Life comes from within your heart and desire"
  • Options
    So from the email, they are going to close the blue stage...so that's where I will be all day..not moving
    Sydney Ent Centre: 10/03/1995

All the rusted signs we ignore thoughout our lives
    Choosing the shiny ones instead
  • Options
    doomponydoompony Wellington, NZ Posts: 4,497
    they've been unable to sell out in recent years in some cities, and sell out quickly in others... from what i gather.
  • Options
    So from the email, they are going to close the blue stage...so that's where I will be all day..not moving

Where does it say this?
    ~Edwin Powell Hubble

~Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Options
    Hey I'm real glad Pearl Jam are heading to Oz in the summer but I won't be going.
    Big Day Out is so far from an ideal environment to see these guys. Even though there are some decent other bands on the bill, I can't handle paying that much essentially just to see Pearl Jam while being surrounded by 30000+ wankers that think Flume is the greatest thing to happen to music (no offence Flume!).
    Hopefully some folks will get to see PJ for the first time and really enjoy it.
  • Options
    mwplummwplum Posts: 1,510
    It's too bad no sideshows but 2 hours of Pj isn't overly scaled back from a 2.5+ hr own show, so not the worst news. Add in Arcade Fire and Blur??? Possibly the best top 3 at a one day festival ever (imo)!!! I've already booked hotels (its 4am here haha) and will be booking flights from Vancouver soon. This is epic....be positive!

Source....http://www.thevine.com.au/music/festiva ... -for-2014/

"Pearl Jam will follow Arcade Fire on the main stage and play for two hours. Blur will start on the new LOVE stage immediately after Pearl Jam. No crossover!

Pearl Jam will play different sets across the two day Big Day Out event in Sydney. They won't be doing any sideshows"
    1992-07-21 Vancouver
    1993-9-4 Vancouver
    1996-9-16 Seattle
    1998-7-19 Vancouver, 7-21 Seattle, Memorial Stadium
    2000-11-6 Seattle
    2001-10-22 Seattle
    2002 -12-09 Seattle
    2009-8-17 Manchester, 9-25 Vancouver
    2011-6-16 Seattle (EV), 9-3/4 PJ20, 9-25 Vancouver
    2012-6-27 Amsterdam (#2!)
    2013-11-29 Portland, 12-4 Vancouver, 12-6 Seattle
    2014-AUS - 1-26 Sydney, 1-31 Adelaide, 2-11/12 EV Sydney State Theatre, 2-13 EV Opera House
    2014 - USA - Memphis, Detroit, MOLINE, St. Paul, MILWAUKEE, Denver, 25/26 Bridge School
    2016 - Lexington, Philly x 2, MSG x 2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto x 2, Pemberton, Fenway x 2, Wrigley x 2
    2018 - Seattle x 2, Missoula, Fenway x 2
  • Options
    mwplum wrote:
    It's too bad no sideshows but 2 hours of Pj isn't overly scaled back from a 2.5+ hr own show, so not the worst news. Add in Arcade Fire and Blur??? Possibly the best top 3 at a one day festival ever (imo)!!! I've already booked hotels (its 4am here haha) and will be booking flights from Vancouver soon. This is epic....be positive!

Source....http://www.thevine.com.au/music/festiva ... -for-2014/

"Pearl Jam will follow Arcade Fire on the main stage and play for two hours. Blur will start on the new LOVE stage immediately after Pearl Jam. No crossover!

Pearl Jam will play different sets across the two day Big Day Out event in Sydney. They won't be doing any sideshows"

See you at the shows :)
    ~Edwin Powell Hubble

~Ralph Waldo Emerson