07/22/2006, The Gorge
    09/25/2009, Vancouver, BC
    09/25/2011, Vancouver, BC
    12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC
    12/06/2013, Seattle, WA
  • Options
    oona leftoona left Posts: 1,672
    benjs wrote:
    Some posts leave me astonished at the lack of understanding of how a system works, so let me explain it for the OP:

Some people go to concerts for pleasure. Some go for their business (scalping). Ticketmaster does what it can to deter the scalpers by making increasingly challenging security 'checkpoints', and invest good chunks of money into those ventures - but so do scalpers.

Scalpers exist because fans are willing to pay premiums for tickets, regardless of their original selling price, and scalpers exploit this. In other words, the people who support this industry are the people who are so damned concerned about seeing a concert that they are willing to buy from scumbags at inflated prices.

So long as people leave themselves unconcerned regarding the price of a concert and happily buy from sleaze bags, these captures will get more difficult.

Oh, one more thing. Remember when first you said 'fuck ticketmaster' for their captcha program? Then you said 'fuck ticketmaster' for allowing phones to be used, which bypass the captcha? WERE YOU EVEN THINKING WHEN YOU WROTE THESE THINGS IN BIG, DUMB, CAPITAL LETTERS, NOT REALIZING ONE PROBLEM YOU HAVE IS THE SOLUTION TO ANOTHER?

Everyone in this room is now stupider. I award you no points, and may god have mercy on your soul.

Classic quote :lol:

Nicely done!
  • Options
    PJStatTrackerPJStatTracker Posts: 2,400
    also saying suing ticketmaster is ridiculous, so was suing mcdonalds for spilling coffee on yourself, but people won that lawsuit, people win lawsuits for dumb stuff.

ticketmaster asked a question about a president multiple choice who is barried in grants tomb? not everyone buying tickets is American, that is a racist question, why didn't they ask a question about argentina or something, then people would bitch about it too, that can be looked at as racist, why are you asking political questions that have nothing to do with a ticket sale?

When did Americans become a race?? :lol::lol:

also...what color was George Washington's white horse?
    Download the unofficial <a href="http://bit.ly/PJStatTracker">Pearl Jam Stat Tracker</a> app for iPhone/iPad. It's <em>FREE.</em>

PM me with any comments or suggestions for the app - or weigh in <a href="http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=167611
    ">here</a>.
    or
    <a href="http://www.facebook.com/pjstattracker">Join the discussion on facebook</a>

• Options
    Don't think anyone else caught this but ...
    I did get 1 good philly ticket from the sale even though I wanted a pair so that good, on stubhub that area is selling for $1300 a piece, maybe I can trade that philly ticket, for 3 or 4 singles to other shows of not as good seats
    how does stubhub work? can you sell tickets to stubhub and then they resell them? if a ticket is going for $1400 on stubhub and I have the same section, can I talk stubub say into buying it for $1000 or so if they want to reflip the same section for $1400? I never use stubhub how it work, do people only sell to people, or you can sell your extra to stubhub and then they will sell it to someone else and pay you?

dude wants to scalp
    Mansfield 7/3/2003 | Boston 5/24/2006 | Boston 5/17/2010 | Worcester 10/15-16/2013
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    :lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,606
    ^^^ You're right. He's going to scalp.... I wonder if he got 10c tix to scalp as well? :think:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Don't think anyone else caught this but ...
    I did get 1 good philly ticket from the sale even though I wanted a pair so that good, on stubhub that area is selling for $1300 a piece, maybe I can trade that philly ticket, for 3 or 4 singles to other shows of not as good seats
    how does stubhub work? can you sell tickets to stubhub and then they resell them? if a ticket is going for $1400 on stubhub and I have the same section, can I talk stubub say into buying it for $1000 or so if they want to reflip the same section for $1400? I never use stubhub how it work, do people only sell to people, or you can sell your extra to stubhub and then they will sell it to someone else and pay you?

dude wants to scalp

I did catch this, but was speechless afterward :lol:

I doubt I'm the only one.

And yeah, that's exactly how stubhub works. Just send an email to <!-- e --><a href="mailto:HelpMeScalp@stubhub.com">HelpMeScalp@stubhub.com</a><!-- e -->. They'll reply with their offer.
  • Options
    dougfloyddougfloyd Fishers, IN Posts: 2,544
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    :corn: :corn: :corn:

This thread is fantastic. :lol:

Pass the popcorn, this is classic! :corn: :corn: :corn:

Anytime you see a bitching thread started by pearljamdude420 you know you're in for some good entertainment...

So I'm late to the game here, what exactly are we suing ticketmaster for, asking multiple choice questions?? Did a new law get passed that I haven't heard about yet? Damn, if so, somebody better start telling the schools soon before the school year starts, a whole lot of test are going to have to be rewritten, that's going to cost taxpayers a shit ton of money. Thanks a lot Obama!! :evil:
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
  • Options
    dougfloyd wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Anytime you see a bitching thread started by pearljamdude420 you know you're in for some good entertainment...

So I'm late to the game here, what exactly are we suing ticketmaster for, asking multiple choice questions?? Did a new law get passed that I haven't heard about yet? Damn, if so, somebody better start telling the schools soon before the school year starts, a whole lot of test are going to have to be rewritten, that's going to cost taxpayers a shit ton of money. Thanks a lot Obama!! :evil:
    I haven't quite worked out the details of this particular class action lawsuit... I'm still working with my attorney to figure the best way to sue bands for not playing their entire set list and then putting it on a shirt. :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    dougfloyd wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

I haven't quite worked out the details of this particular class action lawsuit... I'm still working with my attorney to figure the best way to sue bands for not playing their entire set list and then putting it on a shirt. :lol:

Don't forget the racist angle of the question about American politics :fp:
  • Options
    Paul AndrewsPaul Andrews Posts: 2,489
    benjs wrote:

Everyone in this room is now stupider. I award you no points, and may god have mercy on your soul.

Perfect use of this quote. :lol:
  • Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    thread-of-the-year.jpg
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210

also...what color was George Washington's white horse?
    anigif_enhanced-buzz-16902-1367938579-12.gif
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    584455125_20322722_answer_1_xlarge.png
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    Wilds wrote:
    584455125_20322722_answer_1_xlarge.png
    :lol::lol::lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    GludfssrGludfssr Posts: 56
    JB128716 wrote:
    Get_Right wrote:
    im guessing most people here have not been to many concerts. I have been to over 400 or 500 shows, I bet most of you people on here have not, ticketmaster gets worse and worse each year with what they release and you never know with these idiots
    Dude,
    You would be surprised at the number of shows people have seen. This is a concert going community many of whom are in their 40s (and 50s).
    You are just awakening to a problem that has been in existence for a LONG time. TM holds seats. They have been doing it since the 90s. The last time you could get great seats through TM. I know there are some exceptions and that some people do score good seats. But its the exception not the rule.

If brad pitt wants a ticket to a pearl jam show do you think he is buying it off stub hub?
    Think about it. He makes a call and gets good seats. Probably for free. What about the VP at the company that sponsors the venue? The company that runs security? Probably hundreds of people at each venue with that kind of pull. Where do you think those tickets come from?

Now, what if all of those people ask for four tickets, two so they can attend and two to flip to make some coin?
    Or even worse, they ask for six just to flip because its so damn easy to flip these days. Easy money. Id bet you would get in on the game if you could make a couple grand each month doing very little. All you need is access.

And what if TM is now taking 10% of the best seats for tickets now?

How many good seats are left for the public onsale? Nada. Bupkiss. Zero. Zilch. Nyet. Back to my original post, the seats you were hoping to get were never available, for the most part.

Get the picture?

I need a shower.

You also forget that most of these venues hold basketball and hockey season ticket holders. Many places offer season ticket holders first shot at all concerts in the arena.

Yes and how about the band's fan club. Does not leave a lot left for the normal buying public.

Some of what you are saying is correct, but the blame really is not all ticketmasters fault. If you only knew how many tickets get put up for sale on the first day you might be shocked. Even though most of you don't what to believe it but ticketmaster does not decide how many tickets are put up. They get a list from the promoters, venue, and the bands management of the amount they need first. Then anything else gets put up for the public, yes ticketmaster also does get some for there employees but it is a very small amount. This is why some shows do sell out quickly and why even if you get through at the moment they go on sale the good seats are already gone. You think the promoters, the band and the venue are going to take the crap seats.

Yes there are scalpers that do get seats over the Internet, but most of them have deals with the venue or even the band, and these tickets are the ones that you never had a chance to get in the first place
    Most of what you see on stub hub and ebay are from everyday epode who want to make a few bucks here are there. Just look at stub hub right now to see what's available nothing really good. Pretty much the same sections that probably someone on this board might have got as well.

Good seats are still there to get if you are patient and willing to take a chance on not purchasing them on the first day of them going on sale. As anyone who goes to a lot of shows knows tickets are released to just about every event and most of them are better than what you could get when they went on sale. You just have to be wiling to check for them.

Unfortunately there is no solution that will make everybody happy, this is about supply and demand and a quick and easy way for anybody with a computer to make a few extra dollars while sitting at home.

Trust me you do not want to go back to the days before the Internet and having to stand in line to get the tickets. For all of you that do remember, if the show attracted more than 20+ people it was a wristband sale which was just like the lottery. Also you were only able to purchase tickets to your local city, made it very hard to get tickets to another city, which is now a breeze with the Internet. This would eliminate the stay at home scalper, so you would have a better chance of getting tickets since it would take longer to sell out an event, but the best seats would still not be available, because of all the requests for them.

Lets also remember why Pearl Jam where upset with ticketmaster it was not about where the tickets went it was the money part of it. Even though you might not want to admit it ticketmaster or any ticket site is doing you a service of not having to drive down to your local record store (do you remember these) to purchase tickets, you can do it 24 hrs a day from anywhere you are. Makes it a lot easier to get tickets as close to the day of the event, which was never really an option before unless you were willing to take the chance and going to the venue on he day of the shw to try and score tickets at the box office, if not you hopefully had a scalper to help you out.
  • Options
    pearljamdude420pearljamdude420 Posts: 1,380
    I got fucked on good la seats cause I thought I could search more than 1 show at once never tried before so it gave me san diego instead, some bullshit if I had know I would of gone 1 at time, and not each one 20 seconds apart other people said it was fine to do that too though? so im shocked when it didn't give me la

now I had to pay $1200 on stubhub for ga floor for la night 2, and I thought ga floor is only 10c member seats that what 10c wrote before? im gonna be pissed if im getting it from 10c person for that price, now I have to eat mac n cheese for 2 weeks :fp:
  • Options
    I want to shoot these motherfuckers greedy assholes the scalpers selling face value $80 tickets for $1200 motherfuckers :evil:
  • Options
    one way to some the scalping prices in arenas, is if pj demand is so high for tickets play bigger venues, if they played some stadiums like college football stadiums etc, they could do all general admission shows, if a show is all ga, it will cut the scalping prices down, I don't care if the show has seats or not just want to see pj, they could play shows of 40k general admission in 80k football size stadiums college stadiums are not ridiculous prices to rent out especially the smaller ones
  • Options
    I just hate ticketbastard, it is a very bad monopoly
  • Options
    RE4790RE4790 Posts: 795
    I would posit that since only a handful of the shows are sold out, bigger venues are not a good solution since they couldn't justify the demand. It's not 1995 anymore.
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,516
    The demand in this situation far exceeds the supply. It really is that simple.

Op scored tix for one or two shows, that's a lot more than some people got.
  • Options
    jeffmack22sdjeffmack22sd Posts: 384
    Everyone stop complaining, this is getting ridiculous!!! Just be happy you got tickets.
  • Options
    nutbarznutbarz Posts: 227
    I think the biggest problem with ticketmaster now, is people just cant use the internet on computer that was good if that was the case I don't think it be as bad, now people using phones too is making it ridiculous. ticketmaster was never meant to have all these internet connections going at it. be nice if they banned the internet from phones lol for ticketmaster anyway, then people could only use computers to get on the internet like before :lol:

it going to get worse if more stuff gets internet too.

they banning google glass here

Um... What?
  • Options
    jbarbianjbarbian Posts: 991
    :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
    THANK YOU FOR THIS ENTERTAINMENT!!!!
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Someone deserves a MENSA nomination :fp:
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,561
    nutbarz wrote:
    I think the biggest problem with ticketmaster now, is people just cant use the internet on computer that was good if that was the case I don't think it be as bad, now people using phones too is making it ridiculous. ticketmaster was never meant to have all these internet connections going at it. be nice if they banned the internet from phones lol for ticketmaster anyway, then people could only use computers to get on the internet like before :lol:

it going to get worse if more stuff gets internet too.

they banning google glass here

Um... What?

I think what he is trying to say is that it was the Germans who bombed Pearl Harbor!
  • Options
    TrueReligionTrueReligion Posts: 134
    seems like school kids picking on the "special kid" :fp: but its a funny read :mrgreen:
  • Options
    I got fucked on good la seats cause I thought I could search more than 1 show at once never tried before so it gave me san diego instead, some bullshit if I had know I would of gone 1 at time, and not each one 20 seconds apart other people said it was fine to do that too though? so im shocked when it didn't give me la

now I had to pay $1200 on stubhub for ga floor for la night 2, and I thought ga floor is only 10c member seats that what 10c wrote before? im gonna be pissed if im getting it from 10c person for that price, now I have to eat mac n cheese for 2 weeks :fp:
    Either you just bought a fake ticket from stub hub or admitted to buying a scalped 10c ticket. Either way, not good for you.
  • Options
    I want to shoot these motherfuckers greedy assholes the scalpers selling face value $80 tickets for $1200 motherfuckers :evil:
    What, are you saying that to try and cover your ass when 10c confronts you about how you are apparently buying scalped 10c tix and telling the world how you're going to be scalping tix as well?
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346

Well, if you have to live on mac 'n cheese for two weeks because you bought a scalper ticket for 1200 bucks, you are in a fortunate financial situation.
    Instead of cursing your heart out here, you could have invested a little time in trying to get tickets from a fellow board member for a reasonable price.

If seeing them is so important to you, be happy that you are in the building. We will be behind the stage for two shows, but I couldn't be more excited. And we will have to live on bread and water for the rest of the year to make this tour happen ... Be glad you got tickets at all!
This discussion has been closed.