Options

Anyone Want to do "Fantasy League" For the Tour?

Comments

• Options
    rriversrrivers Posts: 3,688
    I got 10 bucks that we will see a lot more "Please play X at Y" threads this tour :lol:

Ha!

And after they play X at Y there will be threads saying: "Don't play X again!!!!"
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Options
    theJawastheJawas Posts: 395
    Reserve?
  • Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    rrivers wrote:
    I got 10 bucks that we will see a lot more "Please play X at Y" threads this tour :lol:

Ha!

And after they play X at Y there will be threads saying: "Don't play X again!!!!"
    :lol::lol::lol:
    Exactly!
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    I contacted 4 people from the reserves in an attempt to fill out those who I havent gotten responses from. We should be ready to go shortly. In fact, the McCready Conference is full and ready to email.

I will also throw in a mystery poster to the Overall Points winner of the 3 conferences.
  • Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,095
    MayDay10 wrote:
    I will also throw in a mystery poster to the Overall Points winner of the 3 conferences.

:clap: :thumbup:
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    im in! Email is <!-- e --><a href="mailto:nalumbaugh@yahoo.com">nalumbaugh@yahoo.com</a><!-- e -->. ill pledge a bootleg from the goods section. My name is Nick Alumbaugh
    Nick
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,945
    too late to join?
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    I would join if still open.
    9.29.96, 8.28.98, 9.1.00, 7.5.03, 9.30.05, 6.1.06, 6.19.08, 6.20.08, 6.24.08, 10.27.09, 10.28.09, 10.30.09, 5.20.10, 9.3.11, 9.4.11, 9.2.12, 7.19.13...

2013- Brooklyn2, Philly1, Philly2, NOLA
  • Options
    Okay
    McCready Conference has been emailed, as well as the Gossard Conference.

If you have not received anything, Please check your Junk/Spam folder.

The draft order for the McCready Conference has been set via list randomizer:

1.Bob Mayo on the Keyboards Bob Mayo
    2.JB23237
    3.JLWhite1076
    4.Jeff2040
    5.Mayday10
    6.SissonP33
    7.FrankieG
    8.EdVed007
    9.On2Legs
    10.Skipwilsonjack
    11.Sparky_Fry
    12.JimmyV
  • Options
    So, I'm from Sweden and have never played a "fantasy league" so there might be some things you take for granted that I have not a a grip on. But I'll guess that will be shown with time. Will be fun!!! :)

But I have some questions also.

1. Why is it that songs will be crossed off when someone picks them? In what way will it affect the drafts/game in a negative way if e.g me and two other people all have choose Given To Fly? Pearl Jam have so many songs to choose from, and with the rules of "1 play equals 25 points, 24 plays equal 1 point" there are endless of possibilities even if people have chosen the same song in some instances. Is there maybe a reason for this I don't understand? Why have a draft order? Isn't it as fun or more fun to choose your own "all stars"-team without that rule? (my guess is, no one will choose the exact same list of songs anyways but all can choose their "team" more freely and without having to turn down songs because someone else have taken them)

2. Why is a list made to choose songs from instead of just letting everyone choose whatever songs they can think off? I don't see how that will affect the game either... :) Let's say I go "balls out" and picks Hard Sun, a cover of Britney Spears "Sometimes" and Barack around the Clock. Will the counting and everything be harder if there is not a pre-decided list of X songs to choose from?

3. Will I pick my 8-10 songs then before the tour and stick with them and getting points through out? Or do you "trade" songs or something between shows? (I'm guessing not, but in sports fantasy leagues I'm guessing maybe this is how it is done... hehe (I'm dumb).

So if I get this right. I pick 8-10 songs, two of these are DTE and GTF. If DTE is played the first night I get 25 points for that song. If that one is played the next night also, the points are lowered to 24. GTF will have 0 points till the first time they play that on tour. Is this correct? :)
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    1. Why is it that songs will be crossed off when someone picks them? In what way will it affect the drafts/game in a negative way if e.g me and two other people all have choose Given To Fly? Pearl Jam have so many songs to choose from, and with the rules of "1 play equals 25 points, 24 plays equal 1 point" there are endless of possibilities even if people have chosen the same song in some instances. Is there maybe a reason for this I don't understand? Why have a draft order? Isn't it as fun or more fun to choose your own "all stars"-team without that rule? (my guess is, no one will choose the exact same list of songs anyways but all can choose their "team" more freely and without having to turn down songs because someone else have taken them)
    Typically thats how "Fantasy Football" works. Just stocking your own roster with song-overlap would be another way to do that (and maybe easier if the drafts are too much).

2. Why is a list made to choose songs from instead of just letting everyone choose whatever songs they can think off? I don't see how that will affect the game either... Let's say I go "balls out" and picks Hard Sun, a cover of Britney Spears "Sometimes" and Barack around the Clock. Will the counting and everything be harder if there is not a pre-decided list of X songs to choose from?
    The song list is to basically be a reference point (and includes Hard Sun). We can permit reaching off of the list for a longshot.

3. Will I pick my 8-10 songs then before the tour and stick with them and getting points through out? Or do you "trade" songs or something between shows? (I'm guessing not, but in sports fantasy leagues I'm guessing maybe this is how it is done... hehe (I'm dumb).
    I think we can allow trading before the tour, but not during, in order to not open anyone up for suspicions of funny business (in bad fantasy football leagues, you find people conspiring and loading up one team)

So if I get this right. I pick 8-10 songs, two of these are DTE and GTF. If DTE is played the first night I get 25 points for that song. If that one is played the next night also, the points are lowered to 24. GTF will have 0 points till the first time they play that on tour. Is this correct?
    That is correct.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,589
    I'd like to get in on this if a space opens up. Sorry I missed it way back when it was posted. :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    mjservs806mjservs806 Posts: 160
    Too late to join??
  • Options
    MayDay10 wrote:
    Typically thats how "Fantasy Football" works. Just stocking your own roster with song-overlap would be another way to do that (and maybe easier if the drafts are too much).

2. Why is a list made to choose songs from instead of just letting everyone choose whatever songs they can think off? I don't see how that will affect the game either... Let's say I go "balls out" and picks Hard Sun, a cover of Britney Spears "Sometimes" and Barack around the Clock. Will the counting and everything be harder if there is not a pre-decided list of X songs to choose from?
    The song list is to basically be a reference point (and includes Hard Sun). We can permit reaching off of the list for a longshot.

I think we can allow trading before the tour, but not during, in order to not open anyone up for suspicions of funny business (in bad fantasy football leagues, you find people conspiring and loading up one team)

So if I get this right. I pick 8-10 songs, two of these are DTE and GTF. If DTE is played the first night I get 25 points for that song. If that one is played the next night also, the points are lowered to 24. GTF will have 0 points till the first time they play that on tour. Is this correct?
    That is correct.

I like it where everyone has their own songs within each conference i.e. only one person will have Given to Fly in the Ament Conference. I think it works better that way. Just my two cents.
  • Options
    bah sounds like fun... does this include special appearances?
  • Options
    status update:

McCready Conference is set to start drafting today

Gossard Draft order is in:

There were 12 items in your list. Here they are in random order:
    1.Ando
    2.PH40764
    3.PJ
    4.iisee
    5.Eddies in My Tree
    6.Yield98
    7.Vant0037
    8.Wilds
    9.Mike's Side
    10.Black Diamond
    11.Zelx77
    12.Ringo
    Timestamp: 2013-08-08 13:51:07 UTC

Will email Ament Conference today to get moving

Fantasy-Football-Its-nothing-more-than-Dungeons-and-Dragons-for-jocks.jpg
  • Options
    Ready, Set, lets go
  • Options
    jeff2040jeff2040 Des Moines, IA Posts: 1,588
    Ready, Set, lets go

Agreed! Let's get this thing going! I've got my sheet ready to go with all of my "sleeper picks" lined up! :)
    Sometimes you find yourself
    Having to put all your faith
    In no faith
  • Options
    iiseeiisee Charlotte, NC Posts: 485
    MayDay10 wrote:
    status update:

McCready Conference is set to start drafting today

Gossard Draft order is in:

There were 12 items in your list. Here they are in random order:
    1.Ando
    2.PH40764
    3.PJ
    4.iisee
    5.Eddies in My Tree
    6.Yield98
    7.Vant0037
    8.Wilds
    9.Mike's Side
    10.Black Diamond
    11.Zelx77
    12.Ringo
    Timestamp: 2013-08-08 13:51:07 UTC

Will email Ament Conference today to get moving

Fantasy-Football-Its-nothing-more-than-Dungeons-and-Dragons-for-jocks.jpg

Excited! Thanks again Ryan for doing this!! I havent got my picks outlined yet but guess I better get cracking if I am #4 on the list.... :o
    8/25/92 – Charlotte, NC
    10/4/96 – Charlotte, NC
    8/4/00 – Charlotte, NC
    4/16/03 – Charlotte, NC
    9/5/05 – Edmonton, Canada
    6/16/08 - Columbia, SC
    6/17/08 - VA Beach, VA
    6/26-27/12 - Amsterdam, NL (I and II)
    7/19/13 - Wrigley Feild, Chicago, IL
    10/30/13 - Charlotte, NC
    11/22/15 - Rio De Janeiro, Brazil
  • Options
    rrivers wrote:
    I like it where everyone has their own songs within each conference i.e. only one person will have Given to Fly in the Ament Conference. I think it works better that way. Just my two cents.
    Hmm. Please explain why. Is it because you sort of would have your "own songs" to root for? :)

I think it would be fun to be able to choose whatever you really think would earn you the most points, without being held back by the 5-10 people before you who got to pick before you. It would be like picking lottery numbers or filling up a bingo chart, the songs you really believe in and the optimal combination you can find. It's still the combination that will earn you the win - not individual songs that overlap.

If we would be in the same group/conference and have these listings:

Rrivers
    1 Hard Sun
    2 Corduroy
    3 Do The Evolution
    4 Given To Fly
    5 Just a Girl
    6 Brother
    7 Hit me Baby one more time
    8 Pry to

Spiritual_Chaos
    1 Porch
    2 Why Go
    3 Do The Evolution
    4 Small Town
    5 Just a Girl
    6 Yellow Ledbetter
    7 Alive
    8 Pry To

Would the overlap really matter in a negative way? And, people would be able to choose their optimal listing. :)

Yeah, but ofc, I still play if the songs are crossed off and those are the rules! That would still be fun, :) Just an idea that gives everyone an equal opportunity to make the best combination of songs!
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    rrivers wrote:
    Hmm. Please explain why. Is it because you sort of would have your "own songs" to root for? :)

I think it would be fun to be able to choose whatever you really think would earn you the most points, without being held back by the 5-10 people before you who got to pick before you. It would be like picking lottery numbers or filling up a bingo chart, the songs you really believe in and the optimal combination you can find. It's still the combination that will earn you the win - not individual songs that overlap.

If we would be in the same group/conference and have these listings:

Rrivers
    1 Hard Sun
    2 Corduroy
    3 Do The Evolution
    4 Given To Fly
    5 Just a Girl
    6 Brother
    8 Pry to

Spiritual_Chaos
    1 Porch
    2 Why Go
    3 Do The Evolution
    4 Small Town
    5 Just a Girl
    6 Yellow Ledbetter
    7 Alive
    8 Pry To

Would the overlap really matter in a negative way? And, people would be able to choose their optimal listing. :)

Yeah, but ofc, I still play if the songs are crossed off and those are the rules! That would still be fun, :) Just an idea that gives everyone an equal opportunity to make the best combination of songs!

Yeah I think for me it is because I would have my own songs to root for. Plus, for me and I think a lot of people who play any kind of fantasy, the draft is one of the most fun parts. If everyone can just pick any song, there is no need for a draft. It's also fun to think a certain song (or player) is going to really well and then find out it won't (or vice versa). Like I imagine Even Flow would be on very few people's list since by the end it will only get you at most a couple of points. But what if they just stopped playing it?

I respect your opinion, but I just feel that it would be better scratching songs off. I get the impression that is the way we are going (at least I hope!)
  • Options
    rrivers wrote:

By the way, I don't know how you got access to my song list, but I would have appreciated it if you didn't share my sleeper pick. :D
  • Options
    rrivers wrote:
    rrivers wrote:

By the way, I don't know how you got access to my song list, but I would have appreciated it if you didn't share my sleeper pick. :D
    Sorry, man :) Won't happen again Spears-lover. :)
  • Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    Put me on the waiting list please. I'm not sure how I never clicked on this thread.Sounds cool .
  • Options
    PJ23PJ23 Posts: 73
    I'll join the waiting list as well.

Anyone on the waiting list now up for starting and running a new league by any chance?
    98: Barrie / 00: Toronto / 03: Buffalo, Toronto, Hershey / 04: Toledo / 06: Toronto I & II / 07: Lollapalooza / 09: Toronto / 10: Buffalo, New York I & II / 11: Alpine Valley I & II, Toronto, Hamilton / 13: London
  • Options
    I have not yet been invited to a mailgroup or something like that?

When will the draft of my conference, Ament be?
  • Options
    Email to Ament will be out today.

I have it layered for an easier ability to manage. McCready has started drafting (although Bob Mayo on the Keyboards Bob Mayo is AWOL), and Gossard may begin today.

We will get everyone on email in Ament, and probably start early next week.

IF YOU ARE IN MCCREADY OR GOSSARD AND HAVENT BEEN RECEIVING EMAILS, CHECK SPAM
  • Options
    PJ23 wrote:
    I'll join the waiting list as well.

Anyone on the waiting list now up for starting and running a new league by any chance?

You are more than welcome to...

We are also working out the kinks so by then it should be paved.

Ill provide the templates, rules, etc... I would even track it come tour time. 48 people though will be tough to do the emails, prizes, etc. 36 is a huge handful.
  • Options
    BN8419BN8419 Posts: 290
    I'd love to do this! E-mail coming
  • Options
    I have not recieved an email (in Ament).