Options

Anyone Want to do "Fantasy League" For the Tour?

Comments

• Options
    jlwhite1076jlwhite1076 Posts: 164
    MayDay what all shows did you get tickets for?
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    I got:
    Buffalo for 6 friends (already had 10C Reserved)
    Pittsburgh (2)
    Philly I (single)
    Philly II (single)
    Baltimore (single)
    Seattle (single)

at this point, I am not 100% sure I can make the Phillys and Seattle. If there is a Seattle II and I win GA, I would likely go.
  • Options
    jlwhite1076jlwhite1076 Posts: 164
    Cool,
    I am doing
    New Orleans
    Dallas
    Okl
    and thinking about Philly 2 (would have to get behind the stage).
  • Options
    Alright.
    I just tried to clean up the last 2 of the McCready Conference (one of the 2 I failed to PM on the first round).

Also sent PMs to those in the Gossard Conference for emails/prizes.

Once the Gossard Conference is nearly set, I will clean up the Ament Conference.

Once we have responses from all 12 participants, for whichever Conference, the email chain will begin.
  • Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,095
    MayDay10 wrote:
    12 Teams

Roster of 8-10 Songs.

A song starts out with 0 Points. If it gets played, the song earns 24 points. Each time the song is played, it loses a point. So if you have "Brain of J", and it gets played in Pittsburgh, then Buffalo, then not for the rest of the tour, it will be worth 23 points.
    If you pick "Fatal" and it doesnt get played, it earns 0.
    If you have "Do The Evolution" and it gets played at each stop, it would end up with 1 point.

So are we still on for these rules? I personally think this is a better draft goal than to just pick which songs will be played the most.

How long are we going to have to determine our 'draft order' before the actual draft?
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    rriversrrivers Posts: 3,688
    FrankieG wrote:
    MayDay10 wrote:
    12 Teams

Roster of 8-10 Songs.

A song starts out with 0 Points. If it gets played, the song earns 24 points. Each time the song is played, it loses a point. So if you have "Brain of J", and it gets played in Pittsburgh, then Buffalo, then not for the rest of the tour, it will be worth 23 points.
    If you pick "Fatal" and it doesnt get played, it earns 0.
    If you have "Do The Evolution" and it gets played at each stop, it would end up with 1 point.

So are we still on for these rules? I personally think this is a better draft goal than to just pick which songs will be played the most.

How long are we going to have to determine our 'draft order' before the actual draft?

I agree. I wasn't sure about this at first, but the more I think about it this is a better way to do it. I also like the 8-10 songs. Somewhere in there is a good number. Anymore I think would be too many.

Dumb question, but we won't have to do anything once we have our songs, right? I only ask because I'm going to the Oakland show and was going to try to stay away from setlists until the show. Of course, I've tried this before and failed. :D
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Options
    Im in if your trying to make another division! Sounds fun.
    Nick
  • Options
    No. Once drafted, just sit back and watch the updates/Follow your "team".

We will have to recalibrate it slightly on the account of the extra shows. So 1st play would be worth 25 now and decrease so on (until we learn of the Seattle/possible Albany show(s)).

8-10 songs/team is probably good, we still have time to decide exactly how many. 10 songs would make it 120 total for each conference.

I got a number of PMs last night and I will update the OP after lunch. I think we may have completed the McCready Conference so we can get rolling on that. Once the Gossard Conference is almost complete, I will PM blast who I havent heard from the Ament Conference.

Later this week/this weekend I will try to come up with the list of available songs

I have an excel workbook with all this, and that is where all the rules for each Conference, etc will be memorialized. Everyone will be provided this via email to avoid any misunderstanding as things 'develop' over the course of a thread. he list will be on a worksheet too so everyone has the same thing to work from.
  • Options
    Im in if your trying to make another division! Sounds fun.

Ill add you to the reserve list.

If everyone gets locked in, you guys would be more than welcome to start a new bracket. And Ill track it. 3 Conferences is my max for full-on organization
  • Options
    Updated

Right now we are missing one from the McCready Conference. For some reason, my PMs arent going out to him. Ill try again

(Its TimDogg)

Gossard Conference has 3 "missing" although I just PMed yesterday afternoon.

Ament PMs will go out either later today or tomorrow morning.

Thank you everyone for being so responsive. I havent had time to reply to each PM, but its all very cool.
  • Options
    PJPJ Posts: 282
    MayDay10 wrote:
    Thank you everyone for being so responsive. I havent had time to reply to each PM, but its all very cool.

Thanks for organizing this :thumbup:
    2006-06-01 E. Rutherford 1
    2008-06-24 NYC: MSG 1
    2008-06-25 NYC: MSG 2
  • Options
    photogirllizphotogirlliz Posts: 2,491
    I just pmed you with the email addresses/prizes for photogirlliz and Joey Eakins. Let me know if you need anything else. Also thanks again for organizing this.
    "I am myself...like you, somehow."
  • Options
    yup I got it. Thanks. Will update tomorrow.

It looks like the Ament Conference might be completed before I even have to run through and PM everyone.
  • Options
    MusicDude415MusicDude415 Philly Burbs Posts: 171
    Im in too if you fill up another conference.
    5/26/06 - Camden, NJ -- 10/31/09 - Phila, PA -- 10/21/13 - Phila, PA -- 10/22/13 - Phila, PA -- 04/28/16 - Phila, PA -- 04/29/16 - Phila, PA -- 09/14/22 - Camden, NJ
  • Options
    OK, just PMed the remaining people in the Ament Conference

We have
    1 left in McCready
    3 left in Gossard
    2 left in Ament

Can someone please try to PM "Mike's Side" and "TimDogg"? My PMs are not going through to them.

Thanks
  • Options
    MayDay10 wrote:
    OK, just PMed the remaining people in the Ament Conference

We have
    1 left in McCready
    3 left in Gossard
    2 left in Ament

Can someone please try to PM "Mike's Side" and "TimDogg"? My PMs are not going through to them.

Thanks

Bump ^^^^^
  • Options
    My PM was released to Mike's Side and he responded.

I will update today as I think Im sitting on 2-3 PMS. Hopefully they result in a full Conference.

I have started the Song List as well. Up to about 128. I am trying to trim a lot of stuff. Covers that were played 1x, Improvs, etc.
    I think I may leave the Into the Wild tracks though if anyone wants to take a flier on Hard Sun

The SS will include the Song/Draft list. It includes title, last played, times played, and studio album

I think 10 songs/team should work
  • Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,095
    MayDay10 wrote:

I will update today as I think Im sitting on 2-3 PMS. Hopefully they result in a full Conference.

I have started the Song List as well. Up to about 128. I am trying to trim a lot of stuff. Covers that were played 1x, Improvs, etc.
    I think I may leave the Into the Wild tracks though if anyone wants to take a flier on Hard Sun

The SS will include the Song/Draft list. It includes title, last played, times played, and studio album

:thumbup:

How long are we going to have to figure out the draft order prior to the draft?
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    FrankieG wrote:
    MayDay10 wrote:

:thumbup:

How long are we going to have to figure out the draft order prior to the draft?

We have a lot of time. I figure we will roll that out for each Conference's email. We can probably figure out the order early, its just a matter of agreeing on the method of random selection.
    The most challenging part of this is going to be holding a full-participation draft.
  • Options
    MayDay10 wrote:

That's a good call. "Setting Forth" was played at Wrigley I'm almost 100% sure of without checking.
  • Options
    I agree hopefully we don't loose any one, if so we can just kick them out and it will be one less person in that conference. I feel since you have done all the work this far, you could do a random drawing of the order. I have faith and trust you.
  • Options
    if people trust me, I would be fine and honest about picking.

It would be tough/impossible to leverage any sort of advantage anyways in draft order. I can probably think of like 12 songs Id pick 1st overall. It will be "snaking" as well... Do you go for the homerun, 1-song outer.... or go for a song you know for nearly a fact that will be played like 3 times?

Itll be interesting. Not sure if it will be that fun/enjoyable. Maybe it will. Maybe if we are close we can tweak it and try again for the Aussie tour?
  • Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    edited August 2013
    MayDay10 wrote:

It would be tough/impossible to leverage any sort of advantage anyways in draft order. I can probably think of like 12 songs Id pick 1st overall. It will be "snaking" as well... Do you go for the homerun, 1-song outer.... or go for a song you know for nearly a fact that will be played like 3 times?

Itll be interesting. Not sure if it will be that fun/enjoyable. Maybe it will. Maybe if we are close we can tweak it and try again for the Aussie tour?
    Pick away
    yanni-picking-nose1.jpg

man-picking-nose-and-winking-on-live-tv.gif
    Post edited by Black Diamond on
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    MayDay10 wrote:

I think it will be a lot of fun. I am completely okay with you picking the draft order! You definitely won't lose me or Joey Eakins from the Ament Conference.
  • Options
    Ill use that list randomizer on the 1st page then.

Just entered the latest contacts.
    The Ament Conference wins the race and has been completed. :)

Gossard is missing 2, McCready 1. We have 6 reserves, so if I dont hear anything through the weekend, I can go through them. Would like for enough to pop up where they can have a new Conference...

I will shoot out an email to the Ament Conference today. Was hoping to get the song list done beforehand, but whatevs.
  • Options
    We need a definite close date if the others have yet to respond. I think we need a good lead time for choices, Honestly I already have a list of 50 song, I am ready to go.
  • Options
    Who is the Adrian Peterson here?

Slight of Hand? You know they have it rehearsed, were going to play it at Wrigley and didnt... so someone should get it, right?
  • Options
    I lied.
    Ament Conference has 1 missing.
  • Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    I got 10 bucks that we will see a lot more "Please play X at Y" threads this tour :lol:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    MayDay10 wrote:
    I lied.
    Ament Conference has 1 missing.

I'm fine with you picking the draft order. I'll start making my dream team.

Did we decide on how we are handling Lightning Bolt? I still like the idea of just picking the track numbers (except for Mind Your Manners). But, obviously, that depends on if the draft happens before the tracklist is released.