Options

Anyone Want to do "Fantasy League" For the Tour?

Comments

• Options
    CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    Yep! I want in..

keep me posted..

you fuckers are going down!!!!
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • Options
    photogirllizphotogirlliz Posts: 2,491
    I want in as well. It sounds fun. Let me know if there are more spots.
    "I am myself...like you, somehow."
  • Options
    I'm 100% in
    -Chris
    Male, 34

I'm on Facebook - facebook.com/christopher.leesye1

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2008 LA 2, San Diego 1 (EV)
    2009 LA 1, 2, 3 & 4, San Diego
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
    2013 Chicago, Dallas & OKC
  • Options
    sparky_frysparky_fry Posts: 760
    Also how about the rare event of a tie? Everybody guess the total number of songs played on tour? Or total number of times a LB song is played? or something like that
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    Thats a good point on a tie...

hmm...

Whoever has the most songs from one album played?
  • Options
    I will update the top of the OP with any updates so people can check and know if they have action.

The next step is to coordinate the prizes. People declare what they want to give. Personally I have to look when I get home.
    Just post it here and I will update the OP.

We can do this over time as long as people dont forget/lose interest/willingness. I would like to wait to "draft" until the tracklist comes out... unless we are going into mid September.
  • Options
    zelx77zelx77 Posts: 8
    I'm interested if you get more spaces.
  • Options
    jlwhite1076jlwhite1076 Posts: 164
    I will donate (1) bootleg for winners choice from the shop.
  • Options
    sparky_frysparky_fry Posts: 760
    I think a new thread for each division would work better than a live draft. Whoever picks first will post the song they want, followed by second pick and so on. Easier to organize and keep track of teams.
  • Options
    sparky_fry wrote:
    I think a new thread for each division would work better than a live draft. Whoever picks first will post the song they want, followed by second pick and so on. Easier to organize and keep track of teams.

Yeah, I was thinking of making a thread for each Conference. Dont know if Kat would bring down the hammer though for the clutter. Would be more organized.

I am thinking we have so much time, a draft over time would be easier than live. Just PM whoever is next, give a time limit, and move on.

There will be 3 separate drafts. One for Each Conference (someone PMed me confused that it was one pool).
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,072
    If another conference would open up, I would gladly join it!
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Wonder if we should go to email format of setting things up, that way we do not have to search for the threads.
  • Options
    PH40764PH40764 Posts: 16
    I think it would probably be easiest if we did it by email. Maybe each conference could have an email thread? We could do the draft by email, giving each person a certain amount of hours to submit a pick when it is their turn. Just an idea...
  • Options
    rriversrrivers Posts: 3,688
    Thanks again, MayDay! This sounds fun!

I like the idea of just drafting the track #s for the new album. As in if I have a pick, I'll take track 1 off Lightning Bolt. That way we have no idea what song we are getting until the tracklist is out. It could be a Just Breathe that is played all the time or Help, Help, we won't know until the tour gets going.

Just a thought.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Options
    thats a good idea. We could move it to email as well. I have no problem doing that.
  • Options
    sissonp33sissonp33 Posts: 80
    Love this idea...wish I had seen this thread earlier. Put me on the wait list if spots open up...
  • Options
    rriversrrivers Posts: 3,688
    MayDay10 wrote:
    thats a good idea. We could move it to email as well. I have no problem doing that.

Maybe we should do the draft sooner than initially thought so it's before the tracklisting is released. It's kind of cool that we know a few of the songs but not where they will be in the tracklist. Future Days seems like a song Ed will want to play a lot.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,095
    Once you fill up the Ament conference you should change the title of the thread so more people dont join :lol: :roll:
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    jeff2040jeff2040 Des Moines, IA Posts: 1,588
    I'm down for buying the winner their choice of bootleg from the shop but I don't think I'll have to worry about that since I'm going to win! ;)
    Sometimes you find yourself
    Having to put all your faith
    In no faith
  • Options
    jethrojam420jethrojam420 Foxborough MA Posts: 1,075
    PH40764 wrote:
    I think it would probably be easiest if we did it by email. Maybe each conference could have an email thread? We could do the draft by email, giving each person a certain amount of hours to submit a pick when it is their turn. Just an idea...

This works best for me, as I am on my email all the time with the phone but on the board just once or twice per day. And I am surely not the only one.

Oh and I pledge a winners choice boot that can be purchased here.
    8/29/00*5/2/03*7/2/03*7/3/03*7/11/03*9/28/04*5/24/06*6/28/08*5/15/10*5/17/10* 10/16/13*10/25/13* 4/28/16*4/28/16*8/5/16*8/7/16 EV 6/15/11 Brad 10/27/02
  • Options
    teemanteeman Posts: 337
    I will pledge a bootleg from goods.
  • Options
    KM78948KM78948 Posts: 107
    i will also buy the winner a bootleg of their choice from goods. also agree that the draft should be it's own ongoing thread for each division. would be tough to set up a chat at a time when everyone has a free hour or 2.
    '98 - washington, dc (tfc) & columbia, md
    '00 - columbia, md
    '03 - bristow, va & hershey, pa
    '06 - washington, dc
    '08 - washington, dc
    '09 - philadelphia, pa (halloween)
    '10 - bristow, va
    '13 - baltimore, md & charlottesville, va
    '15 - new york, ny (gcf)
  • Options
    PJPJ Posts: 282
    Ill do a bootleg or maybe some stickers from this upcoming tour. Going to a bunch of shows ill probably pick up something "small" like a bootleg for my donation to the winner.

I still like the live draft idea cause it will go so much faster in like an hour rather than the span of weeks checking emails and whatnot. After the draft maybe we could,start our own conference threads with everyone's teams?

Love this whole idea again it's gonna be more fun than my fantasy football league
    2006-06-01 E. Rutherford 1
    2008-06-24 NYC: MSG 1
    2008-06-25 NYC: MSG 2
  • Options
    CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    Will bonus points be awarded for non-typical performances??

suppose they do slow lukin?

what if the 1st encore of a show is sit down acoustic and they do a sweet, stripped down version of a song?

Maybe they crazy and play the 45 second punk version of just breathe that I just dreamed up?

a bonus 5 points?
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • Options
    joannawilsonjoannawilson Posts: 341
    Yeah, I'm in for email! Prizes? Not sure yet...Surprise! haha
  • Options
    OK. I will start to PM people for email addresses. I will start 3 email "threads" where we can organize, get prizes together, etc. We can still use this thread for chatter and I will keep updated information on the OP. If you see this, PM me your email address to save me time.
    Itll take me a few days.

It seems like we are split on the draft method. I personally think the draft over time would be better. First step though is to square the prizes and the email threads.

As far as altered versions, I was thinking that a song is a song. If you choose Lukin.... Slow or fast its all worth the same.
    I would also say that they need to play at least 50% of the song for it to count (so if they start something, fuck it up (or just tease with a few notes) and move on, it doesnt count).

As far as tie breakers at the end. I am leaning toward the roster with the most Pearl Jam albums represented wins as the first tie breaker. 2nd tie breaker is the least number of cover songs.
  • Options
    We have half the McCready Conference accounted for in less than a couple hours. That is encouraging.

Once I get that Conference completed, I will send out PMs to the Gossard Conference.

If you are in the Gossard or Ament, feel free to PM me with your email and prize "pledge".

We will vote on how to draft in each Conference Email thread.
  • Options
    Got 9/12 from the McCready Conference already.

2/12 from the others without attempting the PM blast yet.
  • Options
    Mayday great job.
  • Options
    Update:
    Went off the grid a bit over the weekend as my brain shorted out after the public onsales.

I updated the OP.
    Still waiting on 2 from the McCready Conference. I may send out the PM call to the Gossard Conference today for email addies. The Ament Conference is rolling in without prompting.

Once I get a full Conference, the email thread will start and we will discuss how everyone prefers to draft. Each Conference can potentially opt for a different method.

This week I will also knock out some of the clutter from the OP and lay out the rules (which are open for discussion). Gotta close any loopholes.