Options

*** Wrigley Field Fanviews Here 7/19/13 ***

Comments

• Options
    TM189265TM189265 Posts: 1
    To all the haters out there- please drop your memberships' to the Ten Club so the faithful can move up a few notches. This was my 13th show (lucky 13 indeed :twisted: ) and we flew in from Boston for the affair. Still bitter about the Cup, we were not to be beaten again by Chicago be it by the weather or the whiners or anything else for that matter. Certainly everyone is entitled to their own opinion but if you really feel you've seen it all, Eddie's voice is all done, the band phoned it in, the set list sucked, blah, blah, blah, then why even go to the show? Or more importantly why go on a fan website forum to bitch about it? On the trip and at the concert we met some amazing Chicagoans and of course plenty of cool PJ fans and even more during the delay and I can say without a doubt, the positive still outweigh the negative. For those who feel otherwise, go away. Go bother some Dave Matthew fans or something like that. We don't need/want you here and if you can't appreciate a historical event like Pearl Jam at Wrigley you're missing the boat.

I am one of the 40 somethings that have been following the guys from the beginning and I've seen some fairly historic shows. We saw their first outing here in Boston after Kurt Cobain ended his life and it was amazing. Later in life we saw them open up for themselves and play an entire acoustic set before coming back and playing 2+ hours of plugged in mayhem. They bring it every time and if you're a true fan you know what I'm talking about. I've seen a pretty substantial range of bands from bubble gum rock to heavy metal and everything in between but no one comes close to the energy and the excitement of a live Pearl Jam show. Obviously my opinion is biased since I'm a fan and a devoted one at that. My friends and I all thought the show was amazing. Of course there were other songs we all wished they'd played and the storm delay was an exhausting twist for the crowd and the band but it was history in the making. If you were part of the 6 hour Wrigley Field Pearl Jam show you truly saw something special that will not be repeated. Ever. Now if only we can get them out here at Fenway...
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    pbultimate wrote:
    I'll skip to the delay. We shuffled out and hung out inside the stadium, but not under anything. Think right center field where the Gate was on that side. Some dude was hiding IN the ivy from the rain. That was awesome. I think there was a "Dawson"? joke, but I didn't get it.

sounds like you were by me.... i heard the andre dawson comment. there is a baseball commercial about stuff getting lost in the ivy, and somebody finding and pulling the hawk out of the ivy.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    DB238392DB238392 Posts: 9
    by DB238392 » 22 Jul 2013 13:56

Wrigley was awesome, my only gripes are the lines and envy thing selling out OVER and OVER again. I mean how many times can you wait 3-4 hours in line in 2 days. My answer is 3 times lol. About 9 total hours of waiting and still didn't get the cracker jam poster I wanted The other thing i didn't care for was the lack of true fans there. We had good seats even and were surrounded by non fans I feel. I have NEVER seen so many people not singing or moving. Even sitting down thru half the set. Was disappointing the lack of participation at this one. I was thinking its probably just because if the number of people there. I prefer roofed stadium shows and the constant goosebumps. Anyways, I LOVED the rarities and the new stuff is freakin awesome!!! We saw BUGS both times it's been played in the states and I can't believe it also hold on was amazing. That song has gotten me thru some tough times. I now have 2 new favorite versions of rearview and porch! My wife has a favorite new song in future days and I do also. Lightning bolt was EPIC! All in all it was an experience to remember and I can't wait for the tour. Scored 5 shows!!!!! I hope these guys play for 25 more years at least!!
  • Options
    NormanNorman Posts: 109
    What a fucking blast. Seats were in section R second row back. Surrounded by the nicest PJ fans. I'm not sure I could love the band any more than I already do, but I left loving Chicago. What a great city. Thanks so much for the hospitality. You guys are some lucky motherfuckers. Please make this an annual event. I need an excuse to revisit this city. I've seen somewhere around 20 shows and this one is one of my favorites.
  • Options
    smac1974smac1974 Posts: 23
    Wrigley Field was an experience I will never forget. The good and the bad. All of it made for one amazing trip! Can't wait to do it again! It can't all be as easy as Boise, ID! LOL.
    Nov 1, 1995 Salt Lake City, June 21, 1998 Park City, Nov 3, 2000 Boise, July 6 2006 Las Vegas, September 28, 2009 Salt Lake City, September 3, 2011 East Troy, September 4, 2001 East Troy, September 30, 2012 Missoula, July 19/20, 2013 WRIGLEY FIELD, October 29, 2013 C-Ville, Oct 30, 2013 Charlotte, Nov 30, 2013 Spokane
  • Options
    michael_augustinemichael_augustine Chicago Posts: 40
    This show was a big mix of really great and really terrible experiences.

Showing up early in the day to hang out with the first group of 10C members to show up (the first 100) was a blast. Met some really cool people from all over the U.S. and got to hear everyone talk about what PJ meant to them and their experiences seeing them live in so many different places. The fact that we got a little bit of special treatment for being there so early was great (got in the second row, just between Mike and Ed- perfect). The first 7 songs were fantastic, never have I been so close to the boys. The energy was high, and the exhaustion of waiting for 9 hours in the baking sun was totally worth it for the front of the PIT. However, after it was announced that we had to move out of the pit for the rain the energy level just plummeted amongst those who had been waiting for so long to be in the front. The il-prepared Wrigley staff began moving people toward the exits from the front back, not the back first. This was a punch to the stomach for those who had waited for so long. Everyone knew they would never get their spot back. Once the delay was over there was a mad rush for the stage, and I only saw a few of the original people who had waited all day back in the front. I made it back to the 6th row, which was probably fortunate on my part. Some of the people tried to make it back to the front, and both 10C members and casual fans (no wristband morons) denied to even be cordial to them. There was some violent and angry energy after the break in the crowd, and it was a real shame to witness for a group that should be embracing the atmosphere of a 10C GA. I saw some of these ladies who had been waiting since early in the morning about in tears being scorned by other 10C members. It was shameful to watch from a distance. When they did finally start playing again some of the energy came back, but it wasn't the same as before. Instead of the boys going "balls to the wall" which EV had promised, they spent 20 minutes hanging out with an aging athlete. The ONLY way to get the energy back would have been to play a high-energy set. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE all of their material, but for the crowd who was waning in the GA it wasn't enough to keep us going strong. It COULD have been so epic. If they had started on time we would have had a real treat with a less-painful intermission. I have never been so exhausted after a concert in my life (even after sitting in the pouring rain waiting for PJ20 to start). This will be a memorable night, but a little bit of a bumpy ride on the Long Road.
    Cincinnati 00'
    Cleveland 03'
    Pittsburgh 03'
    Cincinnati 06'
    Chicago 08' (EV Into the Wild 1 & 2)
    Chicago 09' (1 & 2)
    Chicago 11' (EV Uke 1 & 2)
    East Troy 11' (PJ20 1 & 2)
    Chicago 13' (Wrigley)
    Brooklyn 13' (1 & 2)
    Moline 14' (No Code)
    Milwaukee 14' (Yield)
    Chicago 16" (Wrigley 1 & 2)

• Options
    coco buttercoco butter Posts: 1,438
    edited July 2013
    One of the best Pearl Jam shows I've ever been apart of. I ranked it only behind Philly night 4 2009, PJ20 Alpine Valley, and The Gorge 2005. Had a great time standing in line (Sunburned bad!) for the merchandise Friday morning for 4 hours. Met a ton of great fans and didn't get one drop of rain on me during the delay as I was seated in section 213 that was covered. Loved The set-list and didn't mind they took a few songs off most of us have heard a ton at previous PJ concerts due to the time.

Love this band.

Thank god I bet on the right horse back in the summer of 1995 and went to see Pearl Jam at Summerfest in Milwaukee because who knows... I might have been following Phish these days and had to go home early Friday night!
    Post edited by coco butter on
    Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that.
  • Options
    FlannelGalFlannelGal Minneapolis, MN Posts: 532
    I don't even know where to begin.
    First off, a huge THANK-YOU to the three people that hooked me up with tickets. Words can not express my gratitude. I was resigned to the fact that I would be paying $500 a ticket, and than BAM! - phone call and tickets are available for me (thanks for not selling them to the scalpers!)! Then a few hours later I'm contacted from two other members that have extra tickets. Now all my friends can go! One was actually about to buy on SH, but forgot his password when he got the call (his first show btw)! So, thank you, thank you, thank you! My friends were amazed at what transpired (You don't even know these people and they gave you tickets? For face value? When they know they could sell them for more? You don't even know these people?!?) I know not everyone was as lucky as me with getting tickets, and that fact is not lost on me. One day I hope I can return the favor.

Also a big hello to the people I met in the merch line Friday. I know I didn't stick it out with you, but I had a great time meeting you and appreciated the support and celebration in my ticket search! I hope the line eventually moved and everyone got what they wanted!

Now, the highlights for me and my group.
    I did think there was a long wait for the show to start, however, I agree with an earlier post about the amount of people still coming in. I got to my seat right at 7:30, and there were a lot of people in the concourse and outside. It seemed like not very many were in the seats yet. I think it would have been bad if the first notes of Release had started at 7:30
    -Opening with Release- always good, but my friend, who has been to many shows, and is local Chicogan, had never seen it, and had been waiting.
    - Guys next to me were pissed when my friend told them we "bought" these seats from other fan club members. They seemed to warm up when they realized knew all the words to all the songs. Also, think a saw a faint smile when I said, holy shit, BUGS! as soon as I saw the accordion. Guess I passed the test :lol:
    - Hold On, RVM, MYM, Black were my favorites of the evening
    - So glad I finally got to hear Chloe/Crown of Thorns!
    - Rain delay sucked, but got to hang out with great people from the around the globe. My friends seemed to have no problem getting beers! If you looked at the lighting rig during the storm you would have agreed it was the right thing to do - it was swinging pretty hard. No need for fans or band to get hurt! It's too bad it lasted for longer than needed (I know they thought another storm was coming). I actually never thought they would cancel the rest of the show - Ed said they were coming back! :D I guess that's just my eternal optimism! Was surprised they played as long as they did!
    -BUGS! Not exactly one I would request, but still thought it was awesome that I got to see it!
    - New songs I thought were good, still evaluating. MYM was awesome live, as I hoped it would be!
    - Staff at Wrigley was great, I thought. Ushers friendly and chatty.
    - I thought the band sounded great, Mike particularly, but EVERYONE seemed on and having a good time, and Ed sounded great.

The not-so highlights
    -Merch lines seemed ridiculous. I waited a few hours, but then I had to pick up my friend. all kinds of rumors that they were out of this and that. Ended up buying a shirt at the show, out of stickers, though, at the stand by our section. Not that big of a deal, but still not the greatest. Not sure what could have been done to remedy the situation, anyway.
    -I did feel an energy shift after the rain delay. It didn't look like a lot of people left, but I thought the energy was just a bit more subdued.
    -No Yellow Ledbetter! My poor friend, this is really the only song she cares about seeing. I always tell her, "of course they will play it!". Of our 5 shows together, it has been played twice and twice (including this show) it has been nixed from the set. Yes, I do think it is some what humorous, but I still feel bad for her! Hopefully it is played in Dallas!

All in all it was great. Definitely one of my memorable shows, for a variety of reasons.

Sorry for those that it was not-so-great. There will always be shit heads at concerts that try to ruin the experience. I try to not let it, but know it isn't easy. Hopefully people take with them how much they enjoyed the band and music and not the silly things like not getting poster or t-shirt that they wanted, or how much the people around them were or were not enjoying the show. Life is what you make of it.
    07-09-95 Milwaukee, WI (Summerfest) - 10-08-00 Alpine Valley Music -06-16-03 St. Paul, MN - 09-03-11 Alpine Valley Music Theatre -09-04-11 Alpine Valley Music Theatre - 09-30-12 Missoula, MT - 07-19-13 Wrigley Field - 11-15-13 Dallas, TX - 10-3-14 St Louis, MO - 10-19-14 St Paul, MN
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,751
    All three Wrigley audience sources. Source 3 is the best to my ears:

http://wegotshit.blogspot.com/2013/07/w ... -flac.html
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Spoony CSpoony C Posts: 278
    FlannelGal wrote:
    Sorry for those that it was not-so-great. There will always be shit heads at concerts that try to ruin the experience. I try to not let it, but know it isn't easy. Hopefully people take with them how much they enjoyed the band and music and not the silly things like not getting poster or t-shirt that they wanted, or how much the people around them were or were not enjoying the show. Life is what you make of it.
    "And if you make it death, well, rest your soul..." :lol:
  • Options
    haytown13haytown13 Posts: 4
    SIMPLY AMAZING!!!

Best show ever, since i am a huge die hard Cubs fan and huge PJ fan!!! So Ernie Banks!!! OMG Made it so awesome!!!

BTW, my sister got engaged in GA, please let me know if you have pix!!

LOVE LOVE LOVE PJ...the whole weekend was worth it, starting with hearing sound check thurs nite, 6 1/2 hours in line to get merch before the show, and the show!!!
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    Wrigley Field was my tenth time seeing PJ, and also the biggest concert I have been to so far. I had a blast meeting lots of people from the board before and after the show and was enjoying Chicago with Cav. I thought the show was great and I loved the fact that PJ decided not to cancel it. It was an awesome couple of days, but somehow I couldn't properly connect with the show itself. Maybe it was due to the delay, I don't know. We spent the break time next to the dumpster in the stadium. We talked to some really nice people, which shortened the waiting time. However, the whole scenario with all these people squeezing into this place that only had three exits made me more than nervous. I couldn't stop thinking about the events at the tunnel during the last Loveparade in Germany and was hoping that no mass panic would break out :| The extreme heat during the day and the length of the show took a lot of energy out of me. And somehow I can still feel the exhaustion today :oops: :lol: I was pissed with the merch situation, when we saw the lines, we didn't even try to get something.
    But in the end, it was certainly a show to remember. I would have loved some of the left out songs, but I was thrilled to hear Bugs for the first time and thought that the band was in superb spirits and shape :D
    I also loved the screens next to the stage. However, I think I don't wanna see them again in such a big show.
    20 000 and less, that's enough :P 8-)

Truly wonderful was everything that we experienced with fellow tenclubbers. What a moment, when we went outside for a smoke and suddenly realised that Off He Goes was not playing in the bar, but live soundchecked inside Wrigley Field! It was hot like in a sauna, but we all had goosebumps :mrgreen:

Here's to the fall tour!
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,975
    Probably the closest i've seen them since we had GA/pit although i wasn't right up front. We were on McCready side about halfway in the pit. It was great to meet other jammers at the pre-party despite i'm pretty sure i was getting dehydrated at Sluggers on Thurs. I started sweating all of the sudden, couldn't finish my beer. Didn't get to do the post parties cause it was late and my friend was very tired. Despite the weather it was a weekend i'll never forget.

Some pics i took.

https://www.facebook.com/david.mooney.7 ... 733&type=3

and videos:
    Release- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tz22Wc1dVIE

Come Back- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szCCLVkcIXM

All the Way- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zczH-bOaKIs

All Night- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXekKbz_OwY

Bugs- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUa2PmwJMhs

Mind Your Manners- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HPJ9WkaPSw

Lightning Bolt- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAdSMAIeftY

Future Days- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoLG287GXWc

Black (snippet)- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZwxW9dzVRM

Chloe Dancer/Crown Of Thorns- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObSicSvy0yA

Rockin' In The Free World- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1Ktlmt3jt8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0QwqoXppo4
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    fapjfapj Posts: 32
    the show sounds like it was amazing...but i've been wondering and maybe someone already asked this question but when security made the fans leave for cover during the storm did they also make the 10c fans in ga leave also?
    and if they did,how did they get back to the same order...or did they?
  • Options
    KB262864KB262864 Posts: 67
    I thought the show was fantastic. One thing you can't control in this world is the weather, and I thought they took a bad situation and made it great. It definitely made for an exhausting day/night. We didn't get back to the hotel until 3 am, and then my son wakes up at 6, so I got about two hours of sleep. But I wouldn't have missed this for anything. The delay sucked, but afterward, I felt they tried to cram so many songs in to such a small window it had a different pace than any other show I have been to. They barely took any breaks. Eddie was putting so much effort in to it, you could tell how much this show meant to him. He was like a man possessed. Corduroy was fantastic, the new songs sounded great, Mother was awesome, Chloe Dancer/COT was powerful, and Bugs was fucking cool.

And props for playing Come Back and dedicating it to that fans deceased wife. I had seen the post before the show and I really hoped they would acknowledge it. I just think it shows what a classy, caring band they are. I know it isn't reality, but the reason I fell in love with Pearl Jam is because they make it feel like they care about the happiness of each individual attendee. Each show feels so personal and genuine.

I agree with previous sentiments...any 10C member who is dissatisfied is welcome to get of this bus at anytime. I very much look forward to my seating priority improving.

Thank you Pearl Jam!

P.S. Come to Florida in 2014.
  • Options
    DP17DP17 Posts: 68
    all i do know is wrigley made $$$$$$$$$$-MILLIONS-$$$$$$$ off us pearlJAM FANS and they TREATED US WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

was it there 1st RAIN STORM DURING a CONCERT??????/ HANDLED TERRIBLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil: :twisted: :evil:

i wish i SOLD my 10c TIX for THOUSANDS!!!!! and was kicked out of the club!!!!!!!!!!! ED I HOPE U READ THIS MAN.

THIS IS DIRECTED TOO THE WRIGLEY MANAGEMENT.. pearlJAM was GREAT.. 10c always says we try too get the BEST SEATS in the venue... NOT FOR THIS SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OBSTRUCTED VIEW.. ED this is PURE BULLSHIT

FOR US THAT BEEN IN YOUR FAN CLUB 20+ YEARS!!!!!!!! NOT HAPPY!!!! :nono: DON..
  • Options
    An experience unlike any other. Was about 20 yards back on Mike's side throughout both portions of the show. Met some great folks throughout the night that seemed like it went on forever. The band delivered and I even got my white whale with Bugs. All in all I could not have written a script like that for my 10th show. The only issue I had all night was when they began to realease us back onto the field and we were being pushed into some baracades. I turned around and told people the needed to chill and to a man/woman they all backed up. Cannot wait for the next show, whenever and wherever that may be.
    RFK 6/13/98 -Tibetan Freedom, Pittsburgh 8/25/98, Merriweather Post 9/4/00, Grand Rapids 10/03/04 - MoveOn.org, Palace of Auburn Hills 5/22/06, Grant Park 8/05/07 - Lollapalooza, Verizon Center, DC 6/22/08, Chicago 8/22/08 - EDDIE, Baltimore 6/14/09 - EDDIE, United Center 8/23/09, Verizon Wireless 5/7/10
  • Options
    otto48313otto48313 Posts: 50
    funniest part was seeing the RF ivy turning into a urinal and moments later some folks picking same ivy to take home as a wrigley souvenir. hah !

adoffin wrote:
    Pit tickets and was two rows back in front of Stone all night....some of my observations.

1. Most all of us that didn't leave the field area had no clue beer stands were even still open because the ones on the field CLOSED!

2. Dennis Rodman and Chris Chelios were both in attendance and both made their way down next to us (barging their way in, whatever) for the encores. Chelios promptly spilled beer all over my buddy, but Rodman had a refill for him I think before the can even hit the ground. Didn't look like one of Cheli's sons liked or knew Chloe Dancer, so he motioned to Chris to leave...Cheli just shook his head in disgust and turned to go back to the VIP area, I presume.

3. McCready chucked about 50 picks at the end of the show and kudos to the security staff for moving equipment and rails to get every last one that didn't make the pit..and out to fans (like me).

4. I'm confused as to why Eddie decided to crowd surf, but I was equally confused as to why the crowd didn't actually surf him around! They just held him there...awkward.

5. I will be curious to know if the RF for the Cubs next home game notices a new odor to the ivy, because I witnessed a LOT of ivy watering during the weather delay
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    Reliving through an audience boot right now. Yes, it was an awesome and memorable show :mrgreen:
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    I think I'm finally ready to post here. Wrigley was by far the most emotional Pearl Jam experience I've had. It wasn't epic and not even close to the best show I've seen, but it was definitely memorable and I don't regret any of it for a second.

Highlights in no particular order:
    • Chloe Dancer/Crown of Thorns! Been waiting to hear it since 2000 when I first heard the LV boot
    • Hold On! Always such a treat to hear a Lost Dog
    • Bugs!
    • Jeff, uh, gesturing during the Mike has 4 balls story
    • Watching Mike go off towards the side to do a McMelty right in front of Steve Gleason and watching Steve light up
    • Come Back dedication. I cried, and had to text a friend who was also at the show who had recently lost his love as well (I never text at shows)
    • Being on the rail with Jenna (and with Rob and Cheryl for the first 7 songs) on Mike's side!
    • Watching Ed's expression when Ernie Banks was talking on stage
    • Locking eyes with Mike McBallsey (ok I will never use that again :lol::lol: ) for what I'd like to think was multiple times!
    • All the awesome new friends I made waiting in line for GA entry (thanks Bob for the sliders and the magical misting bottle, thanks Denver Chris for the canopy, BIG THANKS to Graham for facilitating the process and liaising with the Cubs security, an even bigger THANK YOU to Sean for letting me squeeze in front of him next to Jenna after the rain delay to reclaim the rail spot, congrats to Carter and his Dad Layne for getting on the rail and for Carter's first PJ concert)
    • Hearing my name being called out in downtown Chicago (I know next to no one who lives there!) only to realize that they were fellow PJ fans!
    • Finally meeting Released1980, Chief Broom and RedMosquito02 in person after exchanging many PMs and texts

Not so high points:
    • The songs that got cut (no one's fault) but I did wish they had cut Evenflow or DTE instead of Sleight of Hand!
    • Wish there was a Happy Birthday Stone worked into the show, although maybe Stone didn't want it? How often do you get a birthday show?!?
    • Realizing I had been standing in a pile of puke after the lights came on :sick:
    • The merch situation was ridiculous and totally unacceptable.
    • The lack of organization in getting the GA folks back in the pit after the rain is unforgivable.
    • The lack of info about queuing up for GA entry was frustrating.

When I'm old and senile and my memory starts to fade :lol::lol: , the two things that will stay with me from the Wrigley experience:
    • Pearl Jam is special. Not many bands can recover from a 3-hour rain delay to come back and keep a crowd 40,000 strong rocking. As a friend said, it wasn't the show we wanted due to conditions no one had any control over, but it was still a fucking awesome show and will truly be memorable given the circumstances
    • The display of camaraderie amongst the many fans I waited in line with to get a spot on the rail. The first people came at 3AM, I arrived at 6:30AM so we spent a great deal of time together. We were not all on the same page for awhile given that we had assembled at 3 different entrances but somehow managed to consolidate into one group through many group huddles facilitated by Graham. There are many people hating on the list but in my opinion, the group of people I was with were the finest display of PJ fans that I've ever seen. You can disagree which is totally fine, but I have to believe that everyone who was there know exactly what I'm talking about.
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257
    DP17 wrote:
    all i do know is wrigley made $$$$$$$$$$-MILLIONS-$$$$$$$ off us pearlJAM FANS and they TREATED US WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

was it there 1st RAIN STORM DURING a CONCERT??????/ HANDLED TERRIBLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil: :twisted: :evil:

i wish i SOLD my 10c TIX for THOUSANDS!!!!! and was kicked out of the club!!!!!!!!!!! ED I HOPE U READ THIS MAN.

THIS IS DIRECTED TOO THE WRIGLEY MANAGEMENT.. pearlJAM was GREAT.. 10c always says we try too get the BEST SEATS in the venue... NOT FOR THIS SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OBSTRUCTED VIEW.. ED this is PURE BULLSHIT

FOR US THAT BEEN IN YOUR FAN CLUB 20+ YEARS!!!!!!!! NOT HAPPY!!!! :nono: DON..
    Bitch, moan, bitch, moan.

:fp:
  • Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957
    DP17 wrote:

THIS IS DIRECTED TOO THE WRIGLEY MANAGEMENT.

:fp:
  • Options
    Hopped UpHopped Up Posts: 223
    DP17 wrote:

Yes, this was certainly the first time they had to clear the entire field section at a Wrigley concert as far as I can recall. Last year's Springsteen night 2 had a lot of rain, but not enough wind to merit clearing the field. They've only had concerts at Wrigley for the last 8 years and only maybe 2 or 3 a summer, so this was a new experience for the staff there.

I was in the terrace reserved so was spared being part of the crowd packed under the concourse, but where I was it was really heartening how civil the fans were during the delay. I can see being packed in the concourse not being fun, but that's obviously something they'll have to work on now for future shows. But, all in all, I thought fans were well behaved. I can see being disappointed about losing a GA spot you'd waited for all day, but then I'm also someone who thinks a bit too much importance is placed on such things (and will happily stand in the 20th row for the one GA show lottery I won instead of being pressed against the rail and spending my day in line).
  • Options
    Ok so here I go and know that what imgonna say first I would have said even if this didnt turn out to be one of the best things ever in my life and ive had a pretty accomplished one. To the people who are just bitching all I have to say is REALLY? What are you like in general day to day life? Number one im sure this show was a huge ordeal just to put together at all. Then throw in an act of God and how easy do you think it was to figure out the best safest way to handle this all in a short period of time while being as safe as possible so I dont know several thousand people dont get hurt? Then you really want to complain that it was too slow after the delay blah blah. Again REALLY? Ya lets just ramp the shit out of people who are hot, tired and maybe ( probably) drunk as well. Wow. I was at soldier field. Do you know how many people were not and wish they were? Appreciate the fact that you got in. If you think Eddie sounded horrible (wow) you should go get your ears checked. The man was Awesome probably the best PJ Eddie I have heard live in the past 18 yrs. Mike was Awesome. Life IS what you make it that is a fact. If your that pissed off get out of the 10c and go bitch to someone else. People do they best they can with what they are given. I am in pain everyday of my life sometimes i have trouble walking even standing. somedays my hands dont work. Some days im ok. I have a host of medical problems. I shouldnt have made it out of 2011. I did and my entire life has changed. Instead of looking at the negative things everyday I look at the positive no matter how small. I am gracious and helpful to whoever I can be. Whenever I can be. Its a choice ive made and its made me the happiest ive ever been. Several days before I came to Chicago ( born and raised here and a Chicagoan down to my soul but I live in Ohio now) my sump pump went out during a huge storm /flood my basement flooded and a tree fell on my fence. I handled it with the help of my fabulous neighbors and it was ok because I was going to see Pearl Jam. Fri my asthma was insane. The staff at wrigley was amazing truly. I was in the ada section and I got to sit behind the two fabulous ladies signing the show. They got the setlist and i said i dont want to see it. Well after the delay was funny because I had to tell them the songs. They kept turning around. Wonderful women. Stacy and your fabulous kind and humorous sisters thank you so much for your kindness and letting me use your phone when mine was dead. And for waiting til the end too make sure I was ok. Awesome people I hope I make it to 55 shows someday. Heather thanks for the coke! Needed after how hot it was In the bullpen. Come back was wow. Crown of thorns hit my soul. During Porch Eddie came down and stopped about 4 ft from me and went back on stage. I was so close....ugh. But I changed my brain to im here and its great. I was in 2nd row for EV Chicago 2011 I was on rail getting smushed at lolla in 07. 3rd row in summerfest 06. Those shows were closest ive been. Never got to meet him or have my hand slapped etc. all other PJ shows/ solo shows farther away. So then comes Rockin in the free world Eddie handed me a tambourine and he was right there in my face. Dream realized. I have succesfully shown horses. My dogs have been ranked amongst the best in the country and I even bred the best betta fish who won over450 others. Ive done alot in my life, but this was a truly amazing thing for me. I keep looking for videos etc to see if I could catch myself lol. I had my I Love Eddie Vedder hat on. And as always my stickman and release lyrics tattoos. So I know that this is long, but its meaningful to me. I had same said hat on at rail at lolla in 07 I was there all day never moved never peed. Tomas Young was on stage during the day ( i think it was during Kings of Leon not positive) with his girlfriend an they were taking pictures. He saw me in my hat and started waving pointing at me. Then he starts waving to people behind a curtain frantically well Eddie pops out and Tomas was pointing for him to look at me holy shit it was a fleeting quick awesome moment. Sometime after that we made a hat that said I Love Tomas Young. His story is so moving. This hat was for Eddie, but for whatever reason I hadnt gotten it to him yet. I had it at wrigley and couldnt get it to him during the tambourine thing. So after concert my new found signing friends said do you want to meet Eddies mother shes right there. What?? I go up to her and say I love your son and it turned into a conversation which lasted long enough for the staff to say we had to leave. I gave her the hat and she told me several times be sure and know he will get this. Then she gave me a true real lasting hug. OMG! Worst part was worrying about having to kill someone if they tried to take my tambourine on way out and waiting outside a long while for my ride. Though it was pretty awesome the several people that said I saw him give that to you and can I touch it. too cool. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but too many people just look at the negative things and thats how they life life. Flip your switch. Dont make the negatives win look at the positives. And everything is not about you. When you spend time helping others good things really do come back to you.im living proof. Oh and I Love Eddie Vedder because his voice and the lyrics have helped me through some rough badass shit and he supports great causes and he is just a phenomanal human being I have so much respect for him. Not in the omg schoolgirl way. He is the only person i would love to meet and have a conversation with. Think what you will of my post its just the truth as I see it. Night all
  • Options
    It was my first show , an it was the best thing i have ever experience in my life ! Every day since friday , i been wishing i could go back to the memorable moment.
  • Options
    edwhoedwho Posts: 811
    edited August 2013
    We had a fucking blast all weekend. Non-stop at go. Airport, Family, PJ, Friends, Phish, Food, White Sox and another airport home.

Traveling fans rule.

See you in Oakland :wave:
    Post edited by edwho on

Three Fish

July 1996 San Francisco

June 1999 Chicago

• Options
    konopheekonophee Posts: 64
    I am not so suprised by many different experieces of this mega show. But I am so suprised by so many real negative a and ugly comments, not even in this thread, but in previous live thread and in Live Chat during the show and after that. :nono:

I am really shame on some "fans", because its obvious that it was just a WEATHER, which take this show and just turn to another show. And we have to respect weather, no matter what. Band has to respect this too! And in my opinion they do the best than could to protect you. :!: :!: :!:

OK, not every concert is perfect, it depends on your setting as well as the band fell. Maybe they should start earlier, maybe it was so slow start and maybe IT WAS JUST HUGE SHOW....!!!!

I prefer smaller shows and I think to PJ fits show up to the 15-20K attendance or even smaller. F*ck this mega shows, f*ck festivals and focus on upcomming tour. I hope the band will continue to AUS/NZ, Asia, Europe nad than back home.
    Prague 2000, Berlin 2010, Prague 2012, Berlin I. 2012
    2014 EU TOUR: Milano, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin - done!!!
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    Friday was one hell of an emotional roller coaster ride. Started drinking Thursday pre flight in PA. Got to town, checked in the Hyatt and right to Wrigleyville. Met some friends at Slugger's and made some new ones. Drinking continued till it was time to head back to the hotel at midnight. Met some fans at the Hyatt bar. Went out till about 3:00 am :fp:

Friday....Hot and Humid as fuck. Hungover. Went to Goose Island. Had a beer that lasted 2 hrs :lol: Plenty of water during the day. Still, felt like shit all day. I'd walk outside to move around and the heat just killed.

Get to Wrigley for gate time. I wanted to walk around the stadium and take it all in. Instantly felt 100% better. The $1.00 waters outside were delicious.

Band starts, emotions high. Hear the thunder, ehhh felling worse. Delay...not getting any better. Make my way to the upper concourse and watching the lightning, I wouldn't even talk to my buddy. He knew I was pissed. Not really pissed, just upset. Lot of money to get there for 7 songs.

Crew starts taking of the plastic protecting the gear. Back on a high. Ernie Backs!!! Even higher emotions and I'm a Phillies fan.

On an on the band plays. Each song, I'm feeling better and better. The the opening notes to Porch at 1:35am....fuckin' right I tell my buddy.

My first time in Chicago, it won't be the last. Had a blast all weekend. Even the 9 hours in O'hare Sunday just to have my flight cancelled can be overlooked now.

Thank you Pearl Jam, 10 Club (seats were great!), the fans I met, the bartenders...everyone else. Never forget it.

Most importantly, thank you to my wife. She gave the go ahead for this great weekend :D

Edit: oh and SuMay...Slight of Hand instead of E-Flow or DTE :nono: :P
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,208
    edwho wrote:
    1992: Bridge School Benefit
    1993: San Francisco & Reno
    1994: Bridge School Benefit x 2
    1995: Sacramento, San Francisco, San Jose
    1996: Seattle, Bridge School Benefit x 2
    1997: Santa Cruz, Oakland x 4
    1998: Alpine Valley, Chicago, Indianapolis
    1999: Bridge School Benefit x 2
    2000: Indianapolis, Alpine Valley, Rosemont, St. Louis, Kansas City
    2001: Bridge School Benefit x 2
    2002: Chicago, Seattle x 2
    2003: Champaign, Mountain View, Chicago, Alpine Valley
    2004: Asheville & Kissimmee
    2005: Thunder Bay, Kitchener, London, Chicago
    2006: Chicago x 2 , Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Milwaukee x 2, Portland, George x 2, Bridge School Benefit x 2
    2007: Copenhagen, Nijmegen, Belgium, Chicago
    2008: Washington D.C.
    2009: Chicago x 2, San Francisco, Salt Lake City
    2010: Newark, New York x 2, Bridge School Benefit x 2
    2011: Vancouver
    2012: Missoula & San Francisco
    2013: Wrigley Fucking Field ~ Chicago

damn, dude. impressive.
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,774
    The Fanview threads are only for Fanviews. Thank you for cooperating. You can make another topic for other discussions.
    Falling down,...not staying down