Options

*** Wrigley Field Fanviews Here 7/19/13 ***

Comments

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,539
    Was a great show. It is a little sad to think of what could have been without the delay (not really the songs but the energy of the crowd). Still an amazing night and I loved the setlist that was played. Merchandise is taking over (I'm as guilty as anyone) and some of us need to take a step back from it.

I've been lucky to see Crown of Thorns four times before Wrigley and getting to hear Chloe Dancer was one of the best PJ moments I've seen. Ed's voice was as good as I've heard it in several years. Ernie Banks showed up. Eruption was played. Three new songs. Hold on! Release opener. Spending 8 hours in Wrigley Field. Ballpark food.

I don't see how someone could complain about this night. One to remember and hopefully they'll come back to Wrigley soon and do it right.
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    Edit: oh and SuMay...Slight of Hand instead of E-Flow or DTE :nono: :P
    Yea you got a problem with that?

:mrgreen::mrgreen:

Oh man, sorry we didn't get to meet. I was all about getting on the rail if you haven't already figured out from my posts! Glad you had a good time!
  • Options
    edwhoedwho Posts: 811
    edited August 2013
    edwho wrote:
    1992: Bridge School Benefit
    2013: Chicago

damn, dude. impressive.

Thank you Andy, means tons to me.

An amazing journey continues.
    Post edited by edwho on

Three Fish

July 1996 San Francisco

June 1999 Chicago

• Options
    TresentPenseTresentPense New York City Posts: 551
    I loved the Wrigley experience. Sure, wasn't without a hitch and I was EXHAUSTED by the end of it, but I'm so glad I made the trip and can't wait for the fall tour. So many great songs played that evening, and special memories from the show (Ernie, Mike's balls, Eddie's speech before CD/CofT, hearing a few new songs premiere, etc). Hearing Release & Present Tense out the gates was a dream come true for me, considering that they're my two favorite songs by the band, and I've never heard them in the same show (but show 33 came through!). Yes - it stung a little the next day when I saw the 'original' setlist and saw what got left on the table (Sleight of Hand & Man of the Hour in particular) - but I can't and won't fault the band for doing their best to make the best of a bad situation and put on the best show they could under the circumstances. Kudos to them, their road crew, their management, the Wrigley powers-to-be AND staff, the city council members (I believe?) who approved the curfew lift, and lastly the rest of the fans who stuck it out and hung in there late into the night. I'll gladly return any and every time a show at Wrigley happens. See you all in Brooklyn, Philly, and Los Angeles!

Final note: I sat out the merch lines, as I was with friends who I see rarely and did not share a mutual interest, so I wasn't going to disappear for hours on end for posters. That said though, I've got the show posters from every show I've ever been to and will patiently acquire the set of four from this - but I'm going to need help, I think, given the demand and variety. Anyone who picked up spares, I've got cash or plenty to trade! Hoping a little karma is on my side here, because on my way out of the W City Center upon checkout, I saw a girl with a few tube-less posters, and gladly gave her the empty tube I brought along for my own purchases - but never used - so hers could make it home in the best condition possible! So, if you're reading, you're most welcome - and the rest of you, I'm still looking to complete my collection! Thanks :D
    '98: 8/22
    '00: 8/23 8/24 8/25
    '03: 4/30 7/2 7/3 7/8 7/9 7/11
    '04: 10/1
    '06: 5/13 5/27 5/28 6/1 6/3
    '08: 6/24 6/25 6/27 6/28 7/1
    '09: 10/30 10/31
    '10: 5/15 5/18 5/20 5/21 6/25
    '11: 9/3 9/4
    '12: 9/2 9/22
    '13: 7/19 10/18 10/19 10/21 10/22 11/23 11/24
    '14: 10/19
    '15: 9/26
    '16: 4/8 4/9 4/11 4/28 4/29 5/1 5/2 8/5 8/7
    '17: RNRHOF 4/17
    '18: 9/2 9/4
    '21: 9/18
  • Options
    bobhopebobhope Posts: 63
    Mohawk Mike! Hawaii 5-0! (and brother with the dugout!) Neon green, mr. and mrs. tambourine! BOB!!!! Alaska is really 90 in the summer! Our peeps in the front by Stone, Mr. David Gilmour himself! Release winning the pool, as expected with 4 votes. Hope you all got home safe and sound.

We are back in OhiO, after our obligatory P4K attendance the next 2 days, after getting home at 4 on Friday with a hornet stung leg as swollen as a bowling pin, standing for 12 hours. But the best time ever. Best show ever. The slooooowest mooooving retreat from a probably safer spot, to foul ground. lightning was going to hit the stage - and then if anything fell, it would have gone right over us! moving us made us more in the line of fire. but it all worked out. 5 tense minutes (X2) when we were let through the gates like cattle, with some awesome people stopping, yelling, making sure it was not a disaster. and then trying to find Bob, and explaining to people who were not there with us for the last 8 hours, why they needed to move back, at least a row or two of people. cooler heads prevailed. and with patience - we were all back where we should have been for what was the conclusion to an adventure we will never forget. even watching the 3 high school kids, who did not belong in GA, who had pushed their way forward to the front, enjoy seeing the band I have seen 25 times, that close, was fun. That is what I would have (probably) done at a U2 concert, or somewhere else I was not part of the community.

PM me if you were part of the crew. I have some great pictures, and would like to see others. The security guards were awesome in front of us, and took some great shots as well.

From Lolla in 92 at Blossom, hitting plastic golf balls with Ed and Cornell in a tsunami, to both nights of Randall's Island, in pit - eventually in front row, (in rain on the 28th), to Wrigley - i might be able to say if i don't see them again, i am happy. oh, and State College and both MSG shows in 03. Next show, might be with my 7 year old daughter, when she is about 10, who loves Big Wave - or my 4 year old, when he is 8, who loves In My Tree and Smile.

Nice hanging with all of you....peace
  • Options
    vomikus39vomikus39 Posts: 250
    Epic show!!!!
    Who the f*ck goes around skinning cats~~Ed

It all comes down to changing your head~~John Lennon

MSG 6-24-08/MSG 5-21-10/Philly MIA 9-2-12/Chicago Wrigley Field 7-19-13/Brooklyn NY 1&2 10-2013/Philly 1&2 10-2013
  • Options
    oona leftoona left Posts: 1,672
    Suziemay wrote:
    I think I'm finally ready to post here. Wrigley was by far the most emotional Pearl Jam experience I've had. It wasn't epic and not even close to the best show I've seen, but it was definitely memorable and I don't regret any of it for a second.

Highlights in no particular order:
    • Chloe Dancer/Crown of Thorns! Been waiting to hear it since 2000 when I first heard the LV boot
    • Hold On! Always such a treat to hear a Lost Dog
    • Bugs!
    • Jeff, uh, gesturing during the Mike has 4 balls story
    • Watching Mike go off towards the side to do a McMelty right in front of Steve Gleason and watching Steve light up
    • Come Back dedication. I cried, and had to text a friend who was also at the show who had recently lost his love as well (I never text at shows)
    • Being on the rail with Jenna (and with Rob and Cheryl for the first 7 songs) on Mike's side!
    • Watching Ed's expression when Ernie Banks was talking on stage
    • Locking eyes with Mike McBallsey (ok I will never use that again :lol::lol: ) for what I'd like to think was multiple times!
    • All the awesome new friends I made waiting in line for GA entry (thanks Bob for the sliders and the magical misting bottle, thanks Denver Chris for the canopy, BIG THANKS to Graham for facilitating the process and liaising with the Cubs security, an even bigger THANK YOU to Sean for letting me squeeze in front of him next to Jenna after the rain delay to reclaim the rail spot, congrats to Carter and his Dad Layne for getting on the rail and for Carter's first PJ concert)
    • Hearing my name being called out in downtown Chicago (I know next to no one who lives there!) only to realize that they were fellow PJ fans!
    • Finally meeting Released1980, Chief Broom and RedMosquito02 in person after exchanging many PMs and texts

Not so high points:
    • The songs that got cut (no one's fault) but I did wish they had cut Evenflow or DTE instead of Sleight of Hand!
    • Wish there was a Happy Birthday Stone worked into the show, although maybe Stone didn't want it? How often do you get a birthday show?!?
    • Realizing I had been standing in a pile of puke after the lights came on :sick:
    • The merch situation was ridiculous and totally unacceptable.
    • The lack of organization in getting the GA folks back in the pit after the rain is unforgivable.
    • The lack of info about queuing up for GA entry was frustrating.

When I'm old and senile and my memory starts to fade :lol::lol: , the two things that will stay with me from the Wrigley experience:
    • Pearl Jam is special. Not many bands can recover from a 3-hour rain delay to come back and keep a crowd 40,000 strong rocking. As a friend said, it wasn't the show we wanted due to conditions no one had any control over, but it was still a fucking awesome show and will truly be memorable given the circumstances
    • The display of camaraderie amongst the many fans I waited in line with to get a spot on the rail. The first people came at 3AM, I arrived at 6:30AM so we spent a great deal of time together. We were not all on the same page for awhile given that we had assembled at 3 different entrances but somehow managed to consolidate into one group through many group huddles facilitated by Graham. There are many people hating on the list but in my opinion, the group of people I was with were the finest display of PJ fans that I've ever seen. You can disagree which is totally fine, but I have to believe that everyone who was there know exactly what I'm talking about.

This is a terrific summary. Thanks for taking the time to share.
  • Options
    jopetto75jopetto75 Posts: 397
    Loyalty, isn't it nice to know that someone cares
    Trust, as a family you have to trust in each other
    Lets all be Thankful that they are as loyal and trusting
    to us as we are to them.
    Thats what makes all this so special!
    The element of surprise we never know whats going to happen next.
    Thats what keeps us holding on!!
    Thanks to you the crew and the city of Chicago
    and PJ of course, for a night I will never forget!!!
    until next time......
  • Options
    FE55353FE55353 Greenville, SC Posts: 63
    My ninth show and the best concert I have been to.

I shed a tear for Come Back. I hope Adam can use this as a springboard for moving on.

I personally loved the pace of the mini set to start. My seats were near first base so we didn't move for the delay... It had to be rough leaving GA. All you needed was perspective, there were 40,000 of us behind you. There had to be 20,000 behind me. I met a few at Sluggers that needed tickets, so perspective is important.

By the time I went to bed I had been up 24 hours, it felt like a battle of attrition between me and a day that didn't want to end. I think I kicked it's ass :lol: I was entertaining the ladies next to me singing every song and knowing most of the lyrics. Eddie's energy and the sound of the band was the best. It was truly memorable show for everything it was, the fans, the band and the weather.

I can't wait to see them in Charlotte. I know I will be closer because the arena is much smaller.
    "If you are listening to this bootleg in Alaska, open the front door." Eddie Vedder 10/8/00

Alpine Valley: 6/26/98, 10/8/00, 6/21/03, 9/3/11 Target Center: 6/30/98
    Summerfest: 6/30/06 Music Midtown: 9/22/12 Wrigley Field: 7/19 & 7/20/13, 8/20/16
    Charlotte: 10/30/13
    Greenville: 4/16/16, Columbia 4/21/16, Wrigley Field: 8/20/2016
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    I will never understand why people up in the stands would spend so much time watching the GA crowd, especially if it is upsetting enough to make you leave the show??? WTF??? How about people spend time worrying about their own concert experience.

Wrigley could have been epic...if it wasn't for the weather. It was still a really kick ass show, probably in my top 5 of the 28 I've seen though. The rain delay did take a lot out of people, but how can you blame them?

The fact that the band stuck it out and played a full (yet reduced setlist) show is amazing. I am very thankful they did that for the fans. No one can control the weather, but I felt like the band and most of the fans controlled what they could to make it a special night.

I think there were a couple of things not so great about Wrigley:

1) Selling merch outside the venue - good in theory, terrible in practice. And I do believe that before they decided to sell to scalpers, they should have figured out a pre-sale for fans.
    2) Wrigley beer selection - hahaha, I know not the bands fault but for the love of god chicago, you have some amazing breweries in your city or very nearby, stop drinking bull piss.

I had a blast. Had they cancelled and rescheduled, I doubt I would be able to make it. I think what they did was one of the biggest favors they could for their fans in that situation. Not going to work out for everyone, but I think it worked best for the most.

Oh, and Lowlight, Hold, On, Mother, Chloe Dancer/Crown of Thorns, 3 new Pearl Jam songs including 2 premiers, Ernie Banks, and BUGS!?!?!?! That is killer. Sure, would I have switched out some songs (Get rid of Leatherman and black and instead fit in Otherside and Alive)? Yes I would have...but I'm certain Black made someone else's night.

I'm just thankful that they thought enough about the traveling fans to stick it out and deliver. Now, as for Merch - they need to hire an actual business manager to take care of that shit, it was pathetic. ;)
    awesome!! love to read this
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    I have been to many shows over the years and this was by far one of the toughest tickets ever. Pretty surprising too since it's a stadium gig with 35,000+ tickets in circulation. I got shut out in the 10C presale and didn't bother with the public onsale. I live in the city but a friend was flying in from Detroit so we definitely had pressure to get in the door. We arrived at Wrigley at 6pm with no tickets and started walking around and were stunned by the prices scalpers were commanding. Hundreds for upper deck and thousands for the field. After making a loop around the stadium we notice that there are two box office windows located all the way at the end that say "closed" but there are about 20 or so people in each line. We split up and one of us gets in each of the the two lines. At this point it's about 7:30 and at least half of the people in line were scalpers. We're told that they have been releasing a pair of tickets every once in a while but not very many. By 8:15 a lot of people had given up and my friend is in the front of the line but we see the box office staff counting out their money and our hope is dwindling. Then we hear from someone in line who works for Chicago PD and knows box office staff that more tickets will be released at 8:30. We decide to hang around for a few more minutes --- by this point the band is coming onstage and we clearly hear "Release" being played and my heart just sinks assuming we aren't getting in to the show. Then suddenly at 8:35 the ticket seller comes back to the window with his money drawer where my friend is first in line and goes "you need 2 tickets, that will be $160." I start going nuts jumping up and down, and as we are running towards the gate to go into the show my friend says we got "Field M, 11 rows behind the GA pit". Needless to say this was an emotional roller coaster but it all worked out in the end. The point here people is that when it comes to tickets, you NEVER give up. Even if the band is onstage, you don't give up!

wow...good for you man!!
    +1
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    vomikus39 wrote:
    Epic show!!!!
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    nycrats wrote:
    re: SETLIST COMPLAINERS

Everyone is entitled to their opinion of course, but that setlist was 1000% deliberate and intended by the band as the crowd control it needed to be. The "pre shower" set had to be slow. Ed/they wrote that list knowing when the radar said it would be "go time" to get people to safety before the storm. Play it slow and then break the news gently. If they had come out corduroy, solat, spin the black circle, etc and had 40k+ revved up and foaming at the mouth, the announcement that we had to stop would have maybe caused a little (to maybe even a lot) more rage and chaos. Considering this band's history with past crowd mishaps, they do and always will err on the side of caution, sometimes going "campfire mode" to ensure things don't reach a boiling point. They had to start Wrigley slow to ease people into the inevitable disappointment that they knew was coming in this age of many a recent concert stage disaster- especially when high winds are involved. There is a massive amount of liability too in having people huddle up for 3 hours and then playing til 2 am. It seriously is amazing, and a testament to what the band and organization thinks of us fans to come out finish.

Then as people are complaining they should have come back harder than "all the way", again it makes sense to have a song like that to ease people back into the concert in an orderly fashion. If someone is late to realizing the show re-started, theyre not gonna be too bummed coming out to see Ed up there alone giving it a go. Had they set up the stage and come out to Animal, Porch, Leash etc, there would have been serious rushing to get to the seats and there were thousands of drunk, overheated, dehydrated people who were in old, packed concrete hallways and would have been tripping over each other to get out there. I say smart choice. A lot of the floor people were inside clueless packed like sardines and wouldnt have known the show was starting again til they heard music. Not everyone was on twiiter, and a lot of people had no signal to even use a phone. The fact that All Night was next up just tells me Ed wrote this set at 7:30 pm while monitoring the doppler. His way to let people know youre getting a full show, put it all behind you and lets go.

If you couldn't enjoy the rest of the show setlist wise, I'm sorry. I won't say it was the best show ever but they did all they could from that point on to deliver. You have to appreciate what they did and give thanks to be so fortunate to get that show.

Lastly, some complained they scrapped Alive, YL, Daughter, Better Man, Baba etc, which surprises me, as we have all seen these countless times, if something's gotta go at the end, im ok with it. As for those who brought their wife or someone new, I get it, would have been good to have some of those for them, but I think the band thought "an evening w/ pj" was mostly diehards and scrapped some of the right songs.

I think originally they thought it was only going to be an hour delay and they planned to play all of those songs and still end well after midnight, but (according to someones iphone near me during the break) after the first storm rolled through there was a second, unexpected cell of storms forming that had potential to be just as nasty, hence an extra hour of waiting with no info, and the hour or so (with encore breaks) of music they chopped.

Like the show, dislike the show, but be appreciative of just how great it was they came out and finished for us. A monumental show of love to the fans.

AMEN!
  • Options
    Chloe/Crown of thorns was worth the wait!
    :D:D:D:D
  • Options
    This is why PJ fans are the best much much credit to all you guys/gals for hanging in there till the end , i'm happy to be part of such a community ..Ps i was not there only in spirit ..
    :wave: :clap::clap::clap:
  • Options
    OctopuS27 wrote:
    Mike should give us a solo album
    we don't need lyrics, we sing Argentina way :D
    :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: :thumbup: :thumbup: :wave:
  • Options
    Hats off to Pearl Jam....just awesome

The rain delay was brutal. It was about 150 degrees in the concourses and people were losing their minds in there. Just a sweaty drunken mess. And goddammit they told me in the Captain's club that they were serving alcohol until midnight and they shut it down at 1130pm. Really wanted some more to drink but I guess with the delay things were getting a little out of control with some people.

I always get frustrated with the setlists at the shows I attend. I want to start fast and end fast. I don't mind some slower songs but I felt like this show started really really slow. Present Tense was #3 and got things moving a bit but then we got slow again. Of course then the 3 hour delay set in.

After the break (with a few exceptions) the show was legendary. All Night, DTE, CD/COT were awesome. I really thought Faithfull and RVM were absolute perfection.

Mind your Manners sounded great live. Lightning Bolt sounded good but I need to hear it again....

Was anyone else a little put off by Future Days when they booted Boom out and had BO'B play keys? And did the keyboard intro and ending remind you of old Lionel Ritchie tunes? I mean seriously....how the hell did that get on a Pearl Jam album? Maybe I'm jumping the gun but that just sounded goofy....not the song, just the keyboard is what I'm referring to.

I was disappointed to not see any songs from Binaural or Riot Act. Seems like some of the slow stuff could have been tweaked for at least one song from each. Did we really need to hear Bugs? That didn't go over well. Give me Cropduster or Insignificance in its place.

All bitching aside, these guys are absolute professionals. I knew that going in but last night confirmed it. Just a fucking awesome band and I'm glad to be around to witness it.
    :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
  • Options
    oona left wrote:
    Last night was amazing.

I've lived in Chicagoland all my life, and am a lifelong Cub fan. Just seeing things like 'An eveing with Pearl Jam' spelled out on the out of town scoreboard and the Seattle and PJ flags flying out near the marque gave me chills.

The band sounded fucking fantastic. Holy shit.

We were in GA. Looking back at the first and second levels of the stadium, you could tell people were rocking out all the way to the back.

The weather delay was unfortunate, but Ed told us we were going to get through it together, and we did. Everyone handled it really well. We hung out outside, had some drinks, met dome cool people from all over the country, and tried to make the best of it.

This being as special an event as it was, just calling it a night and issuing refunds or rescheduling the show was not as 'easy' as it usually would be. I can't help but wonder if there wasn't some pressure in the band to do just that when it looked like there was more severe weather on the way in. Coming back on after two hours probably wasn't easy for them. Their dedication cannot be understated.

It was an amazing night. Tremendous energy from the guys. A great group of people who were willing to wait out the storm, then went back and rocked out some more.

For what it's worth, I don't know a single who left 'deflated.' I was fucking exhausted, as were the others in my group. The states may look similar from the outside, but they are miles apart.
    :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
  • Options
    This was a great show. Thank you to the Band and all the fellow 10c members I met in Wrigleyville.
    I went to Chicago with Wife on Thursday with no tickets. Spent Thursday night in Wrigleyville and met some great people and listened to the soundcheck.
    We got down to Wrigley at 9am Friday hoping to score tickets. I knew it was going to take patience when you see that the street scalpers didn't have tickets. We waited all day, go sunburned, talked with people and watched.
    Yes it was very hot but when they released more tix and we got 2 floor seats for face it was magic.
    Many things can be said about the setlist but for a fan like me it was almost perfect.
    I love Wrigley field and this Band and again Thank you.
    This was a show for us the fan club members. The heat during the delay sucked for us but we all made it and saw one hell of a show.
    Nothing is perfect and this was sure an adventure for us.
    I never thought I would see Chloe Dancer/Crown of Thorns and Bugs!!!!
    Come Back was special in so many ways.
    Kick ass Release...
    Eddie Crowd surfing!!
    3 new songs...Awesome.

THANK YOU PEARL JAM
    :clap::clap::clap::clap:
  • Options
    Heisenberg wrote:
    Kudos to everyone involved. The band could not have handled such a difficult situation any better, the crowd was completely positive and cooperative (at least where I was), and the Wrigley staff did a great job of maintaining order. I fully expected GA to be an overrun train wreck once we re-entered after the dleay and it was anything but. Fantastic experience all the way around and thanks to my ticket buddy Tim for the last minute save.

Oh, and 3 more words...

MIKE FUCKIN' MCCREADY!!!!!
    :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
  • Options
    I was there and from Philly and proud of it, but I'll be honest they would of canceled the show by 11o'clock much props to CHI TOWN OH Yeah I was in paninc they weren't coming back out :fp:
  • Options
    WHIPSONWHIPSON St. Paul Posts: 86
    Thank You Pearl Jam for the Special Evening! Worth every penny and minute of THE day and the months leading up.
    Lolla St. Paul 1992
    Minneapolis 1998
    Minneapolis 2003
    St. Paul 2006
    Kansas City 2010
    Wrigley 2013
    St. Paul 2014
    Wrigley1 2016
    St. Paul Night 1 2023
    St. Paul Night 2 2023
  • Options
    LastExit23LastExit23 Posts: 32
    I hope this is the right place to share this.

I have a sports podcast called The Sports-Casters. During the slower summer months we often explore pop culture.

This week we had the chance to interview Grantland's music critic, Steven Hyden.

Here is a link to Steven's review of the Wrigley show:

http://www.grantland.com/blog/hollywood ... gley-field

Here is a link to our interview with Steven:

http://www.garbageradio.com/podcasts/sp ... s03e18.mp3

The interview begins at 1:24:32

The interview is essentially 35 minutes of Pearl Jam talk. I hope you enjoy it.
    let the ocean swell, dissolve away my past...
  • Options
    CrazyJazyCrazyJazy Posts: 51
    What a great experience! Took my sister to her first Pearl Jam show (and her first time at Wrigley Field) and she had a great time. My 10club seats were in Field M which were better than I expected. The only downer of the experience was the merchandise. I waited in the merchandise line Thursday for two hours, but had to leave as street parking was only good for 2 hours. Had it not been for that, I probably would have been able to get a shirt. As for the songs at the show, I took a peek at twitter during one of the breaks and saw the leaked setlist. Really the only song I was let down about missing was Speed of Sound, since they never play it live.

The highlight for me was the new songs, as I am really looking forward to the new album. I can see Future Days being a radio hit, much like Just Breathe.
  • Options
    MichaelMcKevinMichaelMcKevin Posts: 1,161
    Does anyone have any sort of idea when the bootleg might be released?
    Camden I '06, Camden II '06, Bonnaroo '08, Camden I '08, Camden II '08, Philly Spectrum II/III/IV '09, MSG I '10, MSG II '10, Made In America '12, Wrigley '13, Brooklyn II '13, Philly I '13, Philly II '13, ...
  • Options
    Does anyone have any sort of idea when the bootleg might be released?
    we dont know yet..to early to tell
  • Options
    MhfrenchMhfrench Posts: 14
    Waited 20 years to finally see my favorite band play live and it was a life changing show...did not think it possible to be more obsessed than I was before but I am. Trying to figure out how to make up for lost time and see at least 5 shows this fall. The rain delay only added to the entire experience. Was blown away by how all the fans in the pit handled the delay...no problems at all and it gave me the opportunity to meet and have concert veterans share prior experiences with me. Epic night, epic show, epic band and epic fan base.
    It's an art to live with pain,... mix the light into grey,..
    2013: Chicago, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Philly, Baltimore, Phoenix, Los Angeles, Seattle
  • Options
    wall05wall05 Posts: 304
    Came from Philly and had such an incredible time! It was my tenth PJ show and I feel like I get spoiled by this band with the shows I've seen! I was beyond elated that the band came back out and gave us the show they did, not to mention the opening 7 song sequence that I absolutely LOVED! I had been telling my girlfriend for months that if they did either a Release or Oceans opener it would be incredible and they delivered! I also had been dying for a Come Back ever since the one from Philly 09 was aborted and having lost my mother since then, and I was able to cross that off the list as well. We got an incredible mix of classics, rarities, debuts, and awesome covers! (Mother and Eruption! HOLY CRAP!) I honestly felt that the rain delay added to the specialness of the show and raised my respect for this band to a whole new level (and it was already REALLY high). Their determination to put on that show was incredible and I wouldn't have wanted to be anywhere else last Friday night. I'm still in complete awe! I'll never forget that show. Pearl Jam playing Wrigley till 2 a.m. in the face of some extreme weather and giving the fans their all was definitely one for the books in my eyes. THANK YOU PEARL JAM!
    2008 - Camden, NJ 1
    2009 - Philadelphia, PA x4
    2010 - Newark, NJ, New York City, NY x2
    2012 - Philadelphia, PA
    2013 - Chicago, IL, Philadelphia, PA x2, Hartford, CT
    2016 - Philadelphia, PA x2, New York City, NY 2, Fenway 2