Options

NEW PEARL JAM ALBUM “LIGHTNING BOLT” AVAILABLE OCTOBER 15

Comments

• Options
    Well, I figure we might have different countdowns then. In Germany the LB release date is October 11 (according to various music magazines and amazon.de), while it will be released October 14 in the UK (amazon.co.uk) and one day later in the US. So even though I also preordered the 10C-vinyl I will have to pay my local record store a visit next friday :-D
    Hamburg - 2000/ Lisbon - 2006/ Scheessel - 2007/ Berlin - 2010/ Berlin 1 & 2 - 2012/ EV-Manchester - 2012/ LA 2 - 2013/ Seattle - 2013/ Amsterdam 1 & 2 - 2014/ Berlin 2014/ Chicago 1 & 2 - 2016/ EV-Dublin - 2017/ Krakow -2018/ Prague - 2018/ Berlin - 2018
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    demetrios wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    I think all we know is that there is some kind of bonus material. I think digital?

It's pretty much digital. You'll receive the digital album download via Mp3, Flac, Alac & Wav formats.
    Yeah, but isn't there supposed to be some kind of bonus material for members as well?

2013 PEARL JAM 10C VERSION LIGHTNING BOLT VINYL LP
    $24.99
    ADD TO CART
    DETAILS
    "LIGHTNING BOLT" VINYL + DIGITAL DOWNLOAD (TEN CLUB MEMBERS-ONLY VERSION)
    Members-only version contains exclusive digital content delivered on album release date.

Release Date: 10.15.13
    Pre-order the "Lightning Bolt" vinyl + digital download and get instant digital access to "Sirens" and "Mind Your Manners" in your http://www.pearljam.com account.
    Both the single (instant), and the full album will be available digitally in your account on release date. Your vinyl LP will be shipped to arrive on release date.
    "Lightning Bolt" vinyl + digital download will include 12 tracks pressed on one 180 gram LP. (Downloads will be available in the following formats: MP3, FLAC, Apple Lossless and WAV)
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,677
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

It's pretty much digital. You'll receive the digital album download via Mp3, Flac, Alac & Wav formats.
    Yeah, but isn't there supposed to be some kind of bonus material for members as well?

2013 PEARL JAM 10C VERSION LIGHTNING BOLT VINYL LP
    $24.99
    ADD TO CART
    DETAILS
    "LIGHTNING BOLT" VINYL + DIGITAL DOWNLOAD (TEN CLUB MEMBERS-ONLY VERSION)
    Members-only version contains exclusive digital content delivered on album release date.

Release Date: 10.15.13
    Pre-order the "Lightning Bolt" vinyl + digital download and get instant digital access to "Sirens" and "Mind Your Manners" in your http://www.pearljam.com account.
    Both the single (instant), and the full album will be available digitally in your account on release date. Your vinyl LP will be shipped to arrive on release date.
    "Lightning Bolt" vinyl + digital download will include 12 tracks pressed on one 180 gram LP. (Downloads will be available in the following formats: MP3, FLAC, Apple Lossless and WAV)
    Soooo... we do get some bonus content? We've all already received the singles for Sirens and MYM. That's why I am reading it as getting something more on release day, on top of the singles and the album download. Right?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Soooo... we do get some bonus content? We've all already received the singles for Sirens and MYM. That's why I am reading it as getting something more on release day, on top of the singles and the album download. Right?

Since it mentions exclusive content for the 10c edition on release date, yes, I would assume we are getting something new. Anyone, member or not, can purchase the album and singles in digital format.
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,391
    http://exclaim.ca/News/mike_mccready_ta ... ett_martin
    Really excited to hear "Yellow Moon". Mike says it's a tip of the hat to Neil Young. And David Gilmour like with the solo.
    (Also post-Mad Season spawn due out in 2014.)
  • Options
    Just pre-ordered the CD with included digital version, along with the Sonics looking PJ sticker. Stoked! :mrgreen::D
  • Options
    hipfan1 wrote:
    I have to say I'm really liking Sirens, although I'm not crazy about Mind Your Manners. I'm looking forward to hearing the whole album.

I and some buddies were feeling a bit just the opposite. Though I need to "get to know" Sirens more. I am sure I will end up loving the whole thing. The snippet of "Let the Records Play" in the axe throwing vid that has Eddy in it sounds killer too!
  • Options
    petrimppetrimp Finland Posts: 161
    Just received email:
    "Your Ten Club LLC order is on its way!" :o

So stoked, can't wait :thumbup:
    hearts and thoughts they fade, fade away...
  • Options
    Received my shipping notice for the vinyl and cd as well :D:D
  • Options
    petrimp wrote:
    Just received email:

I received that notice as well! So I guess us club orders might get ours a few days early!
  • Options
    VMAVMA Santiago, Chile Posts: 56
    petrimp wrote:
    Just received email:

I received that notice as well! So I guess us club orders might get ours a few days early!

Yup, me too. It might take a while to receive the items in Chile. But at least I will have the digital version available on release date.

Bye!
    8-)
  • Options
    StinkfootStinkfoot Posts: 546
    petrimp wrote:
    Just received email:

ME TOO!!! WOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!
    "I get into a state of consciousness that I can't explain. It is about feeling and not thinking. I get positive chills and insight into things that I can't get to any other way. It is Healing of the Soul." - Mike McCready
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,084
    Just Released: Pearl Jam's Lightning Bolt stream on iTunes! Start streaming now: http://bitly.com/PJstream https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 0643_n.png
  • Options
    My 25th birthday gift came early! :mrgreen::lol:8-):D;)
  • Options
    So iTunes says available now to buy as well as stream. Anyone know if this is accurate? If so, why can't I get my pre-ordered digital download from here?

Streaming it now and I'm loving what I'm hearing :)
  • Options
    So iTunes says available now to buy as well as stream. Anyone know if this is accurate? If so, why can't I get my pre-ordered digital download from here?

It appears that buying it right now is still just a pre-order (which I did as soon as the stream popped up haha).
    * Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
    * Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
    * Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
    * East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
    * Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *
  • Options

It appears that buying it right now is still just a pre-order (which I did as soon as the stream popped up haha).

I would have too if I hadn't already pre-ordered on here Still get to listen to it though :) Nothing I haven't loved so far. On the title track now and it's great. Nothing slowing it down at all. And as always it will only get better with listens.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,084
    I fucking love it! :D
  • Options
    Yeah, it's super good!!!! :thumbup:
    Sleeping By Myself is the requisite stinker on this album. Other than that, I think it's pretty fantastic. :D
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    May 30thMay 30th Posts: 1,670
    awesome disc, the boys did a great job. my father's son and pendulum are something we have been missing on recent albums. only on swalled whole but this album is kick ass.
  • Options
    PrimalPrimal Posts: 41
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Sleeping By Myself is the requisite stinker on this album. Other than that, I think it's pretty fantastic. :D
    Really? That's a lot better than I'd been anticipating - I'd say the only 'stinker' is Let The Records Play - and even that's pretty good...
  • Options
    wasa1971wasa1971 Calgary, Canada Posts: 2,144
    Now on my second time around, I'm blown away, completely exceeded my expectations. ;)
  • Options
    Primal wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Really? That's a lot better than I'd been anticipating - I'd say the only 'stinker' is Let The Records Play - and even that's pretty good...
    I like Let the Records Play WAY more than SBM here. I think it sounds kind of ridiculous on this album. If it stood alone, I would probably have a better reaction, but for me it doesn't fit AT ALL with the rest of the album, so it probably sounds worse than it actually is in that context. I find it hard to believe there was nothing else that they had to put on this album instead of SBM. It's a really weird choice IMO. But besides that, fucking awesome album! :)
  • Options
    PrimalPrimal Posts: 41
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Primal wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    I like Let the Records Play WAY more than SBM here. I think it sounds kind of ridiculous on this album. If it stood alone, I would probably have a better reaction, but for me it doesn't fit AT ALL with the rest of the album, so it probably sounds worse than it actually is in that context. I find it hard to believe there was nothing else that they had to put on this album instead of SBM. It's a really weird choice IMO. But besides that, fucking awesome album! :)
    Fair call - easily could have been replaced by Of The Earth or Cold Confession
  • Options
    Wow. "My Father's Son."
    Philadelphia - October 3rd, 2005
    Camden - May 27th and 28th, 2006
    Camden - June 19th and 20th, 2008
    Philadelphia - October 28th, 30th and 31st, 2009
    Philadelphia - October 21st, 2013
    Philadelphia - April 28th, 2016

• Options
    JP67545JP67545 Posts: 13
    Very Impressed, I feel like the whole album is a collaboration of everything they have done over the last 21 years with some added experimentation. Getaway frigen rocks and I love Yellow Moon!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me!
  • Options
    I didn't think it could get worse than Sirens, but Getaway is pretty awful. :? Mind Your Manners and My Father's Son is sounding good.
    I live my life like an Ocean in disguise
  • Options
    october22october22 Posts: 2,533
    It may be "new music giddyness" but I think this is their best album since Binaural (which is my favorite). I like RA and ST a lot but I think this beats them both.

Regardless of whether or not this is their best record in 13 years is one thing but for a tenth album, this is very, very impressive. So alive, so much energy and so vibrant. After BS, I was worried they'd lost their way so to speak, but holy fuck have they found it again.
  • Options
    Pendulum :D
    I live my life like an Ocean in disguise
  • Options
    KodiakKodiak Posts: 16
    Music is amazing. What is one person's trash is another person's treasure. Some of the songs that you all hate are my favorites and vice versa (not a huge fan of My Father's Son).

I will say that overall, I really enjoy the album. I definitely like it better than 3 of their last 4 albums. I was a huge fan of their 2006 avocado album and I think this has just as many good songs. Backspacer was good but not great (too short). This is definitely better than Binaural and Riot Act. I didn't dislike those albums...but I just didn't find myself listening to nearly as many songs front to back as some other PJ albums.

Some of these songs sound very Pearl Jam...others have a bit of a different sound...but that's okay. I am a little disappointed that Sleeping By Myself is on this album. While I like the song...I feel like it was just a throw in to round out the album. Would of preferred another original song.

With that said...there are 10 songs that range from very solid to great on this album. I found myself listening to this ablum over and over. Can't wait to get the CD and start blasting it in my stereo.