Options

NEW PEARL JAM ALBUM “LIGHTNING BOLT” AVAILABLE OCTOBER 15

Comments

• Options
    yesterday I was watching the new Jeff Ament vignette on youtube. Right at the end of it, the riff to MYM comes on, and my 7 year old (who is currently obsessed with Aqua-you know, "Barbie Girl"), she says "I really like that song, Daddy, can we listen to it?".

I'm sorry, but it nearly made me cry. Either she likes it just because she knows I do (she always announces "it's your favourite song, Daddy" when it comes on my iPod), or she actually likes it.

Either way, gotta love it.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    jumbojetjumbojet Posts: 1,484
    I'm sorry, but it nearly made me cry. Either she likes it just because she knows I do (she always announces "it's your favourite song, Daddy" when it comes on my iPod), or she actually likes it.

Either way, gotta love it.

Either way, sounds like a good bond between dad and daughter. :thumbup:
    What's your part, who you are?

2012: Arras, Berlin 1-2
    2013: Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires
    2014: Milano, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: NY MSG 1
  • Options
    brianlux wrote:
    I'm really looking forward to hearing Lightening Bolt on vinyl!

All of you above who have talked about the advantages of vinyl have really hit it on the nose- a pleasure to read! I especially encourage anyone thinking about going into vinyl to get a decent system-- CROJAM95 gave a great example of a fine mid-range system-- add to that (and use it, even on new records) a decent cleaning system (I'm very happy with the Spin Clean system I got from needledoctor.com), get some help or learn how to set the tracking weight properly in order to extend the live of your vinyl, and protect your album covers with clear outer sleeves- my copy of Yield, for example, still looks new.

Enjoy your new and improved listening experience! :D

And if you have a cat, keep the turn table cover on while spinning a record. :lol:

Man, you're killing me with all this vinyl talk.
    Houses in Europe are small, no place to place all those instruments, no place for the required acoustics and no place to keep all those large vinyls.
    :evil: :evil: :nono:

• Options
    Red Mosquito75Red Mosquito75 Moline IL Posts: 1,034
    Will we get the CD on or before October 15. I'm trying to remember how it was with Backspacer. I know I went to Target to get the CD but also preordered one here
    This is Not For You
  • Options
    Will we get the CD on or before October 15. I'm trying to remember how it was with Backspacer. I know I went to Target to get the CD but also preordered one here

my pre-ordered Backspacer came about 3 fucking months after release date. I think that's why this time around it was stated something like "cd's and vinyl will ship before release date" or something to that effect.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,935
    jumbojet wrote:
    brianlux wrote:
    I'm really looking forward to hearing Lightening Bolt on vinyl!

All of you above who have talked about the advantages of vinyl have really hit it on the nose- a pleasure to read! I especially encourage anyone thinking about going into vinyl to get a decent system-- CROJAM95 gave a great example of a fine mid-range system-- add to that (and use it, even on new records) a decent cleaning system (I'm very happy with the Spin Clean system I got from needledoctor.com), get some help or learn how to set the tracking weigh
    Enjoy your new and improved listening experience! :D

And if you have a cat, keep the turn table cover on while spinning a record. :lol:

Houses in Europe are small, no place to place all those instruments, no place for the required acoustics and no place to keep all those large vinyls.

Just have to learn to use space carefully. My office in my house is 10 X 10 feet (3.048 meters X 3.048 meters) and in it I have 2 desks, a settee, 6 books shelves, 6 guitars, 1 guitar amp, my receiver-amp/turn table/2 speakers, about 600 vinyl lps, a floor lamp, desk chair, 2 stools, a floor standing case full of cassette tapes, lap top and printer and about 40% to 45% of the floor space is clear. :)
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,935

my pre-ordered Backspacer came about 3 fucking months after release date. I think that's why this time around it was stated something like "cd's and vinyl will ship before release date" or something to that effect.

I can't even remember when I ordered my copy of L.B. By the time it arrives I'll be like, "Holy shit! Look at this! A New Pearl Jam album!" It will be like Christmas in... well, I hope not December. :lol:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,747
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    animal1684 wrote:
    I"m contemplating buying a record player so I can make Lightning Bolt my first vinyl purchase ever, but is vinyl truly worth the money? I've never actually listened to music played off a vinyl record.

if you get a decent record player and some good speakers theres nothing like it. You dont have to spend a ton of money but dont waste your time with one of those all in 1 players crosley etc

I have a Denon reciever
    Polk tower speakers
    Audio Technica record player

all middle of the road equipment that I got for around $600 give or take....not cheap but some systems can easily get into the thousands. Mine sounds great

Vinyl is something you break out from time to time when you really want to FEEL the music and maybe have a SCOTCH 8-)

Good luck
    All good points! Except that i think vinyl is something you break out every single day of your life and spin for as long as you can possibly manage, during pretty much all home activities besides, I suppose, watching TV and sleeping, and really FEEL the music every single time. :D It's true, there is nothing like vinyl.

A great was to go is used refurbished equipment if you have a good electronics store that specializes in that (fortunately I have a store where I am that is dedicated to refurbishing and selling such equipment). You can get a system that sounds like $2000 for maybe $500 - $600. :)

Anyway, yup, I can't wait for LB to be delivered into my hands!!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Johnny WongJohnny Wong Wauwatosa, WI Posts: 193
    of the available download formats:

Pre-order the "Lightning Bolt" digital download and get instant access to "Mind Your Manners" in your www.pearljam.com account.
    Both the single (instant), and the full album will be available in your account in the following formats:
    MP3
    FLAC lossless
    Apple lossless
    High Resolution WAV File
    "Lighting Bolt" digital download will include 12 tracks. (Downloads will be available in the following formats: MP3, FLAC, Apple Lossless and WAV)

Which will be the highest resolution with the greatest dynamic range? Or, will all of these formats be available for one price?
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
  • Options
    brianlux wrote:
    jumbojet wrote:

Just have to learn to use space carefully. My office in my house is 10 X 10 feet (3.048 meters X 3.048 meters) and in it I have 2 desks, a settee, 6 books shelves, 6 guitars, 1 guitar amp, my receiver-amp/turn table/2 speakers, about 600 vinyl lps, a floor lamp, desk chair, 2 stools, a floor standing case full of cassette tapes, lap top and printer and about 40% to 45% of the floor space is clear. :)

You know the saying: Picture or it doesn't exist.

No, I trust you, actually. .)

That's an art you're talking about. :)

• Options
    of the available download formats:

Pre-order the "Lightning Bolt" digital download and get instant access to "Mind Your Manners" in your http://www.pearljam.com account.
    Both the single (instant), and the full album will be available in your account in the following formats:
    MP3
    FLAC lossless
    Apple lossless
    High Resolution WAV File
    "Lighting Bolt" digital download will include 12 tracks. (Downloads will be available in the following formats: MP3, FLAC, Apple Lossless and WAV)

Which will be the highest resolution with the greatest dynamic range? Or, will all of these formats be available for one price?
    Pretty sure you get each format in a list and can download any or all of them.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    If we pre-ordered through tenclub, will we get Sirens on Thursday?
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,834
    having read a few reviews now, and having heard people talk about tracks on this record I for one cannot wait to get this one now.....

It can leak all day long but I am not listening to anything (other than the singles presuming sirens comes in a few days) until I have the package in my hands.....

were talking a few weeks now....whooooooooooooooooooooo
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    wt
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,951
    For the love of god, can we get a song request forum?
    This front page is brutal to look at.

Yes, this tour has been out of control. And this is from someone with a request thread :oops:.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    Aga81Aga81 Posts: 808
    Can't wait for this album. And hope they will visit Europe soon...
    Some may ask, "Why act now? Why not wait? - The answer is clear. The world could wait no longer

04.07.2012 ~ Berlin
    31.07.2012 ~ London
  • Options
    I have to say I'm really liking Sirens, although I'm not crazy about Mind Your Manners. I'm looking forward to hearing the whole album.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,747
    Just received a delay from CDJapan on my Lightning Bolt MIJ copy.

Hi. Thank you for shopping at CDJapan. We have just received an update from the distributor. The release date of the following item(s) has been changed from 2013/10/16 to 2013/10/23.
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,876
    20 days. New PJ(in)20 days. Tick Tock. :D
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    Just received a delay from CDJapan on my Lightning Bolt MIJ copy.

Hi. Thank you for shopping at CDJapan. We have just received an update from the distributor. The release date of the following item(s) has been changed from 2013/10/16 to 2013/10/23.

:shock:
  • Options
    PingfahPingfah Posts: 350
    Does anybody know what the difference between the fan club edition vinyl and the standard edition is?
  • Options
    Pingfah wrote:
    Does anybody know what the difference between the fan club edition vinyl and the standard edition is?
    I think all we know is that there is some kind of bonus material. I think digital?
  • Options
    PingfahPingfah Posts: 350
    Ah ok thanks, I don't think I can wait for it to ship from the States for that, I must have it the day it comes out!
  • Options
    oysterjaroysterjar NH Posts: 1,235
    I started a thread asking this, but I should have posted my question here:

Any chance of an early shipment of the album for 10C members who preordered?

Wind this thing up.

• Options
    oysterjar wrote:

I believe the pre orders explicitly said that pre orders would ship so people would hopefully get the album on release day. fat chance now, with two weeks to go and nothing shipped yet.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,542
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,747
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Pingfah wrote:
    I think all we know is that there is some kind of bonus material. I think digital?

It's pretty much digital. You'll receive the digital album download via Mp3, Flac, Alac & Wav formats.
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Pingfah wrote:

It's pretty much digital. You'll receive the digital album download via Mp3, Flac, Alac & Wav formats.
    Yeah, but isn't there supposed to be some kind of bonus material for members as well?
  • Options
    oysterjaroysterjar NH Posts: 1,235
    oysterjar wrote:

I believe the pre orders explicitly said that pre orders would ship so people would hopefully get the album on release day. fat chance now, with two weeks to go and nothing shipped yet.

Thanks. I just didnt know how my local record store could 4-5 days prior? Just trying to figure out when I can get my grubby hands on LB! But the real question is: WHAAT DID YOU DO WITH TSHIRT GIRL!?!?!?

Wind this thing up.

• Options
    BN8419BN8419 Posts: 290
    So, the countdown ends at noon EST on 10/14. Is that correct?

I'm assuming this means downloads available then? This should give me time to get acquainted with it quite will before my flight the next morning to Boston/Worcester shows.... Kick ass