Options

NEW PEARL JAM ALBUM “LIGHTNING BOLT” AVAILABLE OCTOBER 15

Comments

• Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Loving Pendulum.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    nothinasitseemsnothinasitseems New Jersey Posts: 1,507
    Just realised my album cover is black?
    All the online images are white?
    Is the US version white and Int'l black?

I live in the US and my version is black too.
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1, Brooklyn 2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Philly 1, Philly 2, MSG 1, MSG 2, Fenway 2
    2018: Fenway 1, Fenway 2
    2024: MSG 2, Philly 1, Philly 2, Fenway 1, Fenway 2
  • Options
    e89d79be-9ede-4aa4-b863-f55ae9806943_zps990a6e74.jpg

837e128d-0f8a-4048-a76c-8d07c9de7ffb_zps9753d498.jpg

50e68390-8fac-4f11-b45a-87384a57d134_zpsf18c67e4.jpg

24f2829b-71b5-44bf-b40d-b0842633af86_zps7a72627b.jpg

:D:o:mrgreen: :P
  • Options
    Didn't know pre-ordering would get the album early :P.
  • Options
    kenny olav wrote:
    Great album! Big step up from Backspacer. One thing I've always loved about Pearl Jam is their ability to write different kinds of songs, but Lightning Bolt seems to have more variety than ever before, and yet they all go together well. There is a renewed passion throughout the album... sure, I think it can be argued that PJ's songwriting peaked in the Vitalogy thru Binaural phase, but the new material is very strong and I can't wait to hear it all live... next week!!

It's funny that Backspacer is generally upbeat and ends with a devastatingly sad song whereas Lightning Bolt generally has a dark mood and ends with a very optimistic song.

now I am through... and double this one!
    I am in love with the music today and very very happy. And yup: I like the optimistic note , too. What a great album... and because I like it sooo much: thanks for swallowed whole + yellow moon -
    they give me even hope again...
    so overall I call out: WOW - again a great and fantastic listening experience with happy impact :P
    there is no way to peace, peace is the way!
    ...the world is come undone, I like to change it everyday but change don't come at once, it's a wave, building before it breaks.
  • Options
    Does anybody know what the "bonus digital content" is that's included if you buy the album from 10 club? If it has already been said, I apologize, but I couldn't find it. Trying to decide if I should get it from a store or from 10 club.
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    Does anybody know what the "bonus digital content" is that's included if you buy the album from 10 club? If it has already been said, I apologize, but I couldn't find it. Trying to decide if I should get it from a store or from 10 club.
    I haven't seen anything about it yet. Anyone know?
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    morello wrote:
    I haven't seen anything about it yet. Anyone know?

We'll know what it is when they add the download to our accounts.

Unless you ordered the vinyl. :fp:
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Hoping my LB vinyl arrives on Tuesday, since no mail Monday because of Columbus Day. If it doesn't arrive on Tuesday, may have to go get the CD at Target! :)
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options

I am so happy my CD came! The book that it comes in is very cool as well. Nice art and album cover! (see my photos above).
  • Options
    Force Of NatureForce Of Nature Hertfordshire, England Posts: 950
    Even though it is released in Europe tomorrow, im guessing the digital download wont be available until Tuesday?
  • Options
    Even though it is released in Europe tomorrow, im guessing the digital download wont be available until Tuesday?

More than likely. Here in Australia it was released on the 11th, but I still don't have access to the digital download in my order history.
    Terrible bonus digital content for fan club members? That's a paddlin'
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    Wonder if the download goes live Monday night at midnight. Hope so
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    So I am sure this question has already been answered but I am sick and feeling lazy, does anyone know if the format for the 10 club version of the CD is going to be different than the regular store version? I remember how with Avacado it was like that cool cardboard book thing. I am wondering if it is going to be the same. Since I am looking at ordering and the difference is about 6 bucks compared to ordering from amazon. And with shipping times to Canada ordering from 10 club means waiting a few weeks rather than a few days. I really don't listen to much downloaded stuff so the Itunes version isn't a big selling point for me.

Go with amazon. I wish i had. The CDs are all hardcover this time.
  • Options
    Ian CIan C Posts: 3
    I'm in the UK where the album is released on the 14th. I contacted the 10 club before ordering their digital download version to confirm I would receive on the 14th and not the 15th. The reply confirmed I would receive it on the 14th. Here I am sitting at home on the 14th with no download. Do I wait for it to arrive or do I order again from I-tunes so I can listen to it today??
  • Options
    rangers72rangers72 lockerbie.uk Posts: 143
    Ian C wrote:
    I'm in the UK where the album is released on the 14th. I contacted the 10 club before ordering their digital download version to confirm I would receive on the 14th and not the 15th. The reply confirmed I would receive it on the 14th. Here I am sitting at home on the 14th with no download. Do I wait for it to arrive or do I order again from I-tunes so I can listen to it today??
    in the uk too mate and my cd hasn't arrived today :cry: if its not here tomorrow im just going to buy another copy at the local hmv store.
  • Options
    groovyfgroovyf Posts: 173
    Same for me. Got the confirmation of shipping on 4th Oct from 10C... still no CD.
    :: Caesaria - Israel 1995, Wembley 1996, Manchester 2000, Leeds 2006, Manchester 2009, Manchester 2012, Manchester 2012 (EV), Leeds 2014, London 2018 ::
  • Options
    HebejebeHebejebe Posts: 108
    I'm right at top of Scotland so if you guys still don't have it then there is no chance of me getting it tomorrow :(
  • Options
    JossieJossie Posts: 505
    I can't wait for it, it's tommorrow!!! LOOKING FOWARD!!!!! TOMMORROW!
  • Options
    Very few albums in recent memory have transported me the way that this one did. Granted, the hype for me for Lightning Bolt marks a new high, but listening to this one from start to finish without interruption made me feel like I was back in junior high, doing what I did every time I got a new CD - laying on the floor next to the stereo and paging through the lyrics song-by-song.

Part of my nostalgia definitely comes from feeling like I've grown up with PJ. Ten was one of the first CD's I bought - I was 8 years old and just learning to play the drums. They've been my favorite band since. Their sound, music and message has evolved over the years, but for me, listening to PJ somehow always brings me back to the things in my life that are most important and reminds me who I really am. The Wrigley show was the ultimate form of that for me, and this album captures all of that and then some. Here's a few of my thoughts from my first listen.

Getaway - Great way to kick an album off. This song is SO much fun and I think really represents that sense of renewed passion and energy we've all heard from the band in our first listen.

Mind Your Manners - Probably goes without saying, but MYM immediately vaults into my top 10 favorite PJ songs ever!

My Father's Son - Jeff Ament!

Sirens - I've heard this song described as "commercial" or "pop-rocky". For me, there is enough "PJ" in it to keep it from falling into those categories. A lot of that comes from Cready's lead. Some of Ed's finest lyrical work, as well. Reminded me a little of Force of Nature in the sense that there isn't a single word or the way it's sung that you could change.

Lightning Bolt - I'll always think of Wrigley when I hear this one.

Infallible - Similar to Empty Ocean by DMB in that the beat, melody and sound of the chorus is so uplifting that if you're not paying attention, you'd miss what it's really about.

Pendulum - AWESOME! There is so much depth and space to this song. Brings more range and variety to Lightning Bolt than any other PJ album.

Swallowed Hole - There's a few of them on the album, but I was made aware of the Uncle Neil tribute with this one. Especially in the bridge. And the key change at the end gets me high!

Let the Records Play - There is an easy freedom to this song. Made me feel like tumbleweed just getting bounced around wherever Matt Cameron wanted me to go.

Sleeping By Myself - Always loved this song. REALLY love what the whole band brings to it.

Yellow Moon - This is an Alpine Valley song if I've ever heard one. Hope to hear it there someday.

Future Days - Wonderful closer.

Part of living in the world today is being witness to pain and tragedy. This music makes that struggle less daunting. There are songs on this album that are just plain fun, some that inspire change, and others that remind us to be grateful for the love we have in our lives. What more can you ask for?

Thank you, Pearl Jam!
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,853
    Jossie wrote:
    I can't wait for it, it's tommorrow!!! LOOKING FOWARD!!!!! TOMMORROW!

:D
  • Options
    BigdaBigda Posts: 469
    i live in Poland and still haven't gotten any pre-ordered vinyl or CD, or even digital version in my 10c account.
    don't want to complain again, but what's the point in pre-ordering directly from the band, months ahead, when they can't deliver it on time in Europe?
    ok, even if this is too much of an operation, why wouldn't they make digital version available on release date in given regions? this i can't understand.
    Prague '95 (w/Neil Young), Warsaw '96, Seattle '98, Katowice x2 '00, Berlin '00, Berlin '06, Katowice '07, Copenhagen '07, Belfast '10, Berlin '10, Amsterdam '12, Prague'12, Berlin x2 '12, Vienna '14, Berlin '14..
  • Options
    groovyfgroovyf Posts: 173
    ...but listening to this one from start to finish without interruption made me feel like I was back in junior high, doing what I did every time I got a new CD - laying on the floor next to the stereo and paging through the lyrics song
    Quoting this.

I used to do that and feel less "connected" to a lot of music these days. Here's hoping when I get my CD I'll get completely lost in it.
    :: Caesaria - Israel 1995, Wembley 1996, Manchester 2000, Leeds 2006, Manchester 2009, Manchester 2012, Manchester 2012 (EV), Leeds 2014, London 2018 ::
  • Options
    janemathiesonjanemathieson Cornwall, UK Posts: 72
    Ian C wrote:

Same here... and as we ordered the 10C version I'm just going to have to sit it out :cry:
  • Options
    same mistake, ordered by 10 club.

so i couldnt download from my iphone, better ordered by itunes, i dont get it
    Santiago I 2005
    Santiago II 2005
    West Palm Beach 2008
    Alpine Valley PJ20 I 2011
    Alpine Valley PJ 20 II 2011
    Santiago 2011
    Lima 2011
    Buenos Aires 2013
    Brooklyn I 2013
    Brooklyn II 2013
    Santiago 2015
    Bogota 2015
    Ft Lauderdale 2016
    Miami 2016
    Rio de Janeiro 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • Options
    Got it today on U.K. Release day!! its bloody brilliant. More the creative vibe of no code/binaural/riot act :D. Some weird ideas going on but fantastic and totally a grower too! People next time pre order on Amazon and pay extra shipping for release day, Amazon never fails!!!

:D
  • Options
    lynchtplynchtp Posts: 17
    rangers72 wrote:
    Ian C wrote:
    in the uk too mate and my cd hasn't arrived today :cry: if its not here tomorrow im just going to buy another copy at the local hmv store.
    I'm in ireland. Officially released last Friday still no sign of the cd. The digital download is also not available, despite emails from this site still selling it to me as - out now.

Very poor.
    10c should be ashamed.
    Cork, Dublin x3.
    They just keep getting better.
  • Options
    thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    I didn't even order from the 10C this time...mostly because I don't want to pay so much for shipping....Which means I'll just pick the CD up tomorrow at Best Buy. Can't wait to actually have the CD and lyrics in my hands!
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    As others have said still not even the digital downloads available.

10c can someone advise when we'll have those especially as so many of us don't have our physical copies & it's now past release day(here in NZ anyway)?
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,391
    I pre ordered from 10c and haven't received it here in the UK yet. I also pre ordered from Amazon and received that copy today :D

I'm guessing everyone gets the digital content and digital album download tomorrow on U.S. release day.
    2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
    2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009: Manchester
    2010: Belfast, Berlin
    2012: Manchester I & II
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam II