Options

NEW PEARL JAM ALBUM “LIGHTNING BOLT” AVAILABLE OCTOBER 15

Comments

• Options
    narnianarnia Posts: 635
    TS143444 wrote:
    Really like this song. I'm feeling a little bit of Comatose on this one.

I think it's a cross between Comatose & Spin the Black Circle. I can't stop playing it, I LOVE IT!!
    I escaped it...a life wasted...I'm never going back again
  • Options
    amarinamarin Posts: 5
    Eraserhead wrote:
    Caught a Bolt of Lightning...

:)

I thought the same, the moment countdown went off and read the title...one of my favorite phrases in one of my favorite songs now in an album title!
    Can't wait for Oct 15..
    Athens, 30 Sep 2006
    London, 25 Jun 2010
    Stockholm, 7 Jul 2012
  • Options
    PJForceofNaturePJForceofNature Posts: 3,087
    Absolutely LOVE MYM-can't wait to hear the new album! :D:D:clap::clap:
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    PJMosquitoPJMosquito Posts: 40
    Wow. Color me wildly excited. MYM absolutely rocks, and all of my friends who also listen to/love PJ agree. I also LOVE the album artwork, colors, and title. It totally works.

I love this band...very happy.

:D:D:D8-)
  • Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    New song is definitely solid. Have only listened to it a few times, but like what I hear.

Definitely going to grab the vinyl, but not sure if I want to pay the high shipping costs (like others). If I can support my local record store I will probably go that route. Don't really need the bonus content.

Either way, pumped to have a new album coming out and a new tour to support it!
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    delliupdelliup Posts: 2
    I'm so excited for this. Can't wait to seem them in Pittsburgh. By any chance can we get am early release so we can hear the whole album before the show. Just dreaming. This will be awesome.
  • Options
    jerseygenxjerseygenx Posts: 106
    Love, love, love it! Punk and quick and NICE!!!!'

And while on the topic of MIND YOUR MANNERS, can we please stop hating on Backspacer or The Fixer, some of us (ME) love it to death! Besides, if you don't have anything nice to say....... than put a cork in it! :nono:
  • Options
    BSullyBSully Indiana Posts: 1,091
    So excited already...
    Will enjoy MYM for the meantime...love it already!!!
    1998: Noblesville, IN 08-17
    2000: Noblesville, IN 08-18
    2003: Noblesville, IN 06-22
    2006: Cincinnati, OH 06-24
    2010: Noblesville, IN 05-07
    2016: Lexington, KY 04-26, Wrigley Field 2 08-22
    2018: Wrigley Field 1 08-18, Wrigley Field 2 08-20
    2022: St. Louis, MO 09-18
    2024: Noblesville, IN 08-26, Wrigley Field 1 08-29, Wrigley Field 2 08-31
  • Options
    OzzieOzzie Posts: 230
    Think new song is awesome - put in for NY tickets, fingers crossed! If the new stuff is this good it would make it even more of a tremendously worthwhile trip!
    Isle of Wight, 23rd June 2012
    Brooklyn, 18th October 2013
    Memphis, 14th October 2014
    Krakow, 3rd July 2018
    London, 8th July 2022
  • Options
    jerseygenxjerseygenx Posts: 106
    93.3 in Philly this morning, they said they heard the next record/single "Sirens" and they said that it is even better than MYM. 5+ mins in length with more melodic tendencies. One of the tools, claims to be a huge PJ fan, yet had no idea that STBC even existed.... :roll:
  • Options
    ved-hedved-hed Posts: 10
    LOVE IT ALREADY!!!! Thanks for the new PJ music.... PLEASE come to INDIANA & play! or somewhere close? PLEASE!?!?!?! :D Maybe the 94 day countdown will unlock my answer???? I hope it unlocks to announce a midwest tour!
    Kate
  • Options
    Save MeSave Me Posts: 147
    Just adding my 2 cents on MYM. I absolutely love it. It kicks serious butt. Punk rock grunge PJ style with a Spin The Black Circle vibe. The bridge is my favorite part. That melody is awesome. Can't wait for the album, tour and can't stop listening to the song.
    "The Wild is chasing after me. Hot on my trail won't leave me alone. All I can see is your blood right in front of me, and I can't kill The Wild." Me
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Recorded (at least partially)at Henson Studios, Hollywood CA
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    strummersstrummers Posts: 2,611
    Of the Earth - cracking tune!

Hope that, combined with a punky edge, is the direction this album's heading in..... :)
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    http://www.strummersphotography.com

<object width="360" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><PARAM NAME=FlashVars VALUE="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow"><embed src="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf&quot; FlashVars="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="360" height="300"></embed></object>
  • Options
    Twiggy57Twiggy57 Posts: 136
    TS143444 wrote:
    Really like this song. I'm feeling a little bit of Comatose on this one.

What do you think of Brain of J. I hear that somehow a bit in it.
    But it become beter and beter and we here in Europe have to be really patient to see Eddie perform
    MYM :roll:
  • Options
    snefrydsnefryd Posts: 3
    I've listened to MYM for hours and have a draft of the lyrics. Would it be ok to post it?
    “Life is a train of moods like a string of beads; and as we pass through them they prove to be many colored lenses, which paint the world their own hue, and each shows us only what lies in its own focus.”

― Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Options
    cyrielbuyssecyrielbuysse Posts: 196
    What an awesome song! Cant stop playing it, when it kicks in and eddie starts to sing, some heavy rock and roll! Was discussing the definition of a good rock and roll song with a colleague, he said its a song you want to start a mosh pit on, well this is it! Eddie s voice is back to a lower level and they let mike use the echo again,awesome!

Also very fond of the instrumental bit they played in the video announcing the tour, perfect intro to mind your manners! Like mike said it s got this pink floyd vibe to it, or even the cure (a reflection, first track on the seventeen seconds album), good things to come!
    2006 Arnhem - Antwerp - Paris 2007 Nijmegen - Werchter 2009 Rotterdam 2010 Nijmegen - Arras - Werchter 2012 Amsterdam - Werchter - Arras - Berlin 2014 Amsterdam - Berlin - Werchter 2018 Pinkpop - London - Berlin - Werchter - London
    @BelgianPJfan
  • Options
    AndGabAndGab Posts: 29
    Love it!
  • Options
    PJForceofNaturePJForceofNature Posts: 3,087
    snefryd wrote:
    I've listened to MYM for hours and have a draft of the lyrics. Would it be ok to post it?

I would love to see the lyrics, as I'm having trouble understanding them-lovin' the music though, and Ed's voice sounds great! :clap::clap:
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    Um, $8.01 to ship the CD to Philly???
    08/12/92,10/30/93, 11/5/93, 06/24/95, 11/04/95, 11/06/95, 11/07/95, 07/10/98, 08/23/00, 09/02/00, 04/28/03, 07/05/03, 10/01/04, 10/03/05, 05/28/06, 6/19/08, 8/04/08, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/31/09, 09/02/12, 10/21/13

Ten Club 146XXX
  • Options
    PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,049
    Um, $8.01 to ship the CD to Philly???
    http://www.amazon.com/Lightning-Bolt-Pe ... PDKIKX0DER

There is the Amazon.com preorder for the CD. I'll bet the price drops a lot before it releases. Amazon doesn't charge you until they ship and you pay the lowest price (up to release date). Also, if you are a Prime member it will be free shipping and you'll get it on release date.
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
  • Options
    salvo12salvo12 Posts: 5
    If the first song and the title of the album are any indication what comes to mind is the line from Tony Montana in Scarface, "I don't fok around".
  • Options
    lightingbolt.jpg
    When I see this all I can think of is this :)
    minion1.jpg
    minion2.jpg
  • Options
    BoltOfLightnin'BoltOfLightnin' South Jersey Posts: 708
    I have to say it...I love the album name! ;)

MYM sounds pretty great too!
    No time to be void or save up on life...you've got to spend it all.
  • Options
    snefrydsnefryd Posts: 3
    Ok, here's my rough draft, there are some things I'm unsure of - hope everybody can live with that, positive suggestions are good. I'm not sure that I will follow up on this post so I'm passing the ball here ;)

The places I'm unsure of are in the "And then they're gonna..." , I'm pretty sure it's It and not Him in reference to God, I think it's wave it to the sky and not wear but I kept both versions, and I'm not sure of the tense in the I'll live or if it's I'd live - and that could be intended. In my mind these lyrics contain an entire novel. I also believe the similarity to Brain of J is intended, as a reference.
    Oh, yes, we're having an election this fall, where I live, and this text is so to the point, it really gets how I feel about the whole thing.
    Yep - live long and prosper :)
    Apologies: Yes, maybe I should have posted in a different thread, I probably got the lyrics wrong, and my post is way to long - but I am only a Bear of Very Little Brain ;)

Mind your manners
    Pearl Jam july 12. 2013

I’ve got an unfortunate feeling
    I’ve been beating down
    I feel I don’t believe
    Another good day’s coming out
    What they’ve taken is
    More than a wow
    They’ve taken your Nemisis
    And then they’re gonna go
    Burn him by the hour

Oh lonely sailor
    Mind your manners

I called myself a leader
    But I needed God
    And if It’s out there somewhere
    We sure could use Him now
    Child, my facetious
    My facetious child
    This world is a lonely planet
    That makes me want to cry

Oh lonely sailor
    Mind your manners
    Satan’s sailor

Stop realizing that I’m
    Physically redeemed
    And I’ll live another life
    And I’ll solve our mystery
    Right around the corner
    Could be bigger than ourselves
    We could wear it to the sky
    Or we could something else

Oh lonely sailor
    Mind your manners
    Always praying

Stop realizing that I’m
    Physically redeemed
    Right around the corner
    We could wave it to the sky

Go to Heaven
    That’s right
    How do you like it?
    Live in Hell!
    “Life is a train of moods like a string of beads; and as we pass through them they prove to be many colored lenses, which paint the world their own hue, and each shows us only what lies in its own focus.”

― Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Options
    rival_AK71rival_AK71 Posts: 33
    snefryd wrote:
    Mind your manners
    Pearl Jam july 12. 2013

I’ve got an unfortunate feeling
    I’ve been beating down
    I feel I don’t believe
    Another good day’s coming out
    What they’ve taken is
    More than a wow
    They’ve taken your Nemisis
    And then they’re gonna go
    Burn him by the hour

Oh lonely sailor
    Mind your manners

I called myself a leader
    But I needed God
    And if It’s out there somewhere
    We sure could use Him now
    Child, my facetious
    My facetious child
    This world is a lonely planet
    That makes me want to cry

Oh lonely sailor
    Mind your manners
    Satan’s sailor

Stop realizing that I’m
    Physically redeemed
    Right around the corner
    We could wear it to the sky

Oh lonely sailor
    Mind your manners
    Always praying

Stop realizing that I’m
    Physically redeemed
    Right around the corner
    We could wave it to the sky

Go to Heaven
    That’s right
    How do you like it?
    Live in Hell!

Nice one snefryd. I I hear some differences that are pretty significant, ahem, lyrically speaking. But most of it, your guess is good as mine. The only clear thing Ed really says in the song besides MYM is "physically redeemed" and maybe a couple others

Lonely sailor cracks me up, but I think its, "I'm only sayin - mind your manners" :):D:):lol:
    I hear, the truth is coming out
    Vow not wow
    Instead of "and I'll" I'm going with:
    "May not live another life
    May not solve a mystery"
    ...which if true, is quite the profound difference :lol::lol::lol: :corn:

And what about:
    Go to heaven - that's swell
    How do you like your living hell?

Nice one snefryd! I'm sure after NEXT FRIDAY AT WRIGLEY I'll walk out sayin, nope, still no f*in idea what he's sayin 8-):lol:8-) Although, I mean, it does seems to have some undertones of a criticism on religion. If it's "I caught myself believing / I needed god"... anyway great energy from a great single, tight, on message, GREAT to hear something fresh from the guys.

Viva the epic OTE! Find a video from Pensacola last year and tell me the crowd thought it was a downer.
    Viva Backspacer! A satisfying, mature, even poetic record.

Lightning Bolt.... Way to PJ for hanging on to theirs.
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,487
    Bring on "Sirens" :twisted:

Por favor
  • Options
    JG49071JG49071 Posts: 77
    so, it's about the rapture?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6dmW_RP6g4
  • Options
    woutermahuwoutermahu Posts: 30
    Does anyone know if there will be a special vinyl release, like the white vinyl of Backspacer?
    Rotterdam (NL) - Jul 03, 2000 (cancelled) - Irvine (US) - Jun 02, 2003 / San Diego (US) - Jun 05, 2003 / Arnhem (NL) - Aug 29, 2006 / Antwerp (BE)- Aug 30, 2006 / Paris (FR)- Sep 11, 2006 / Pistoia (IT) - Sep 20, 2006 / London (UK) - Jun 18, 2007 / Nijmegen (NL) - Jun 28, 2007 / Rotterdam (NL) - Aug 13, 2009 / Berlin (DE)- Aug 15, 2009 - June 22, 2010 / Dublin (IR) - July 4, 2010 / Rock Werchter (BE)
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,212
    OMG I've completely had the "metaphysically redeemed" line going around & around in my head all evening now! 8-)
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011