Options

NEW PEARL JAM ALBUM “LIGHTNING BOLT” AVAILABLE OCTOBER 15

Comments

• Options
    Jerome230Jerome230 Posts: 903
    I had to step out of work and go sit in my car at 2 minutes before the MYM release. I opened my Pearl Jam Stat Tracker app on my phone (hapless plug!), pulled up PJ Radio, connected Bluetooth to car radio, and waited. As soon as the opening riff started, I started trembling, and didn't let up for 2 minutes and 38 seconds.

If this is the tone for the rest of the album, count me the F in.
    Ed...buddy...pal...stay true to your word and play Boise again.

Seattle, 12.7.93
    Salt Lake, 6.21.98
    Mountain View, 10.30.99
    Mountain View, 10.31.99
    Boise, 11.3.00
    Portland, 9.26.09
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,487
    Really digging the new song ;) lotta cool stuff going on

Excited for this release, the shows.

Had to wait all day before hearing it, crazy day of work made awesome by new music

Preordered
  • Options
    electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,458
    I can hardly wait!!! YAY Pearl Jam!!!
    <3<3<3
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    I can hardly wait!!! YAY Pearl Jam!!!
    <3<3<3

we all have to... I didn't care much about the dining table, I liked it, but didn't care much, I really like the album artwork though, not too fancy and cool as backspacer, still trying to figure out what it is about, and I don't think it's actually the real cover, but I wouldn't mind if it is, I like it...
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Options
    PatrickBatemanPatrickBateman Posts: 2,243
    preordered vinyl...blasted MYM on repeat all the way home in the car....looking forward to LB!
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • Options
    Like the new song, not crazy about it, will be interesting to hear live, i think we better start learning the lyrics fast to help Eddie out.
    Gonna see my friends... Tour or no tour. :-)
  • Options
    jaboodeyjaboodey Rochester, NH Posts: 90
    $8 for shipping a cd seems kinda steep, but I do love the rock return of MYM...
    Rochester NY '94, E Rutherford NJ '98, MSG '98
    Jones Beach 2000, Mansfield 03, Camden 03, Hershey 03
    Boston VFC 04, Halifax 05
    Hartford 06, Boston 06, E Rutherford 06
    Mansfield I & II 08, Philly Spectrum -Halloween 09! Hartford '10
    Eddie -Boston 6/16/11, Worcester 2013, Amsterdam 6/16/14,
    Quebec City '16, Ottowa '16, Fenway Nights 1 & 2 2016
    London 1 2018, Fenway Nights 1 & 2 2018
    Got Id?
  • Options
    SpyderDanSpyderDan Posts: 12
    Does anybody know if there is a place to read the lyrics yet? I'd hate to have to wait until October.
    "Why are you hitting yourself...come and hit me instead..."
  • Options
    MK88178MK88178 Chicago Posts: 523
    Reminds me of Motörhead.
  • Options
    AtPeacewithMyLustAtPeacewithMyLust Louisville,KY to Toronto Posts: 125
    Love it,love it! Can't wait to hear it in London and Wrigley! Hope the new album is as awesome as this!

I didn't even hear the entire song before my decision that I loved it :D :P

Maybe it's because of the 4 year wait for new songs......No. That's not it. I just love it.
    1st show-1995 Soldier Field
    10th show-2005 Thunder Bay,ON
    40th show-2012 Berlin II
    50th show-2014 Amsterdam II
    57th show-Moline,IL
    58th show-Mexico City
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    edited July 2013
    Post edited by Dr. Delight on
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    Hub.Hub. Posts: 1,990
    MK88178 wrote:
    Reminds me of Motörhead.

I guess this is the song Stone was referring to, a while ago :
    Oh and you probably never expected to hear Pearl Jam compared to Motorhead but that’s exactly what band one of the new songs reminds Gossard of. According to Gossard, McCready wrote a tune “that’s fantastic that reminds me of Motorhead. I hope that that one is in the mix coming up.” So, if we couple that with how McCready recently described the writing sessions – saying that the new songs are a mix of experimental, straight forward rock and beautiful ballads and you’ve got one diverse collection!

http://loudwire.com/pearl-jam-channelin ... -new-disc/
  • Options
    TS143444TS143444 Posts: 11
    Really like this song. I'm feeling a little bit of Comatose on this one.
  • Options
    TobyToby Posts: 5
    Ohhh god damn, my mind manners, this is going too be fucking amazinggggggg :twisted: :twisted:
    ...Immortality, is that good?
  • Options
    Hi Guys -not been on here for AGES (shame on me!)

Hello again to everyone \m/

Only had a chance to listen to MYM once so far and I LOVE it!! :twisted:

Cannot wait for the new album, just what I'll need to help cheer me up as the nights start to draw in!
    Stand for something or you'll fall for anything (Skindred-Stand For Something)
  • Options
    weebleweeble Bristol, England Posts: 133
    Wow I'm loving Mind Your Manners.Just 2 minutes and 38 seconds of PJ total class riffin'! :)

Pre-ordered the new 10C album. Being from the UK probably means I'll have to wait even longer for it to arrive but that's okay - always feels like I owe it to order from the site! :)

Sooooo can't wait to hear it!!!!
    This might pass, this might last, this may grow
  • Options
    EraserheadEraserhead Stoke-on-Trent Posts: 2,886
    Caught a Bolt of Lightning...

:)
    Manchester 04.06.00, Leeds 25.08.06, Wembley 18.06.07, Dusseldorf 21.06.07, Shepherds Bush 11.08.09, Manchester 17.08.09, Adelaide 17.11.09, Melbourne 20.11.09, Sydney 22.11.09, Brisbane 25.11.09, MSG1 20.05.10, MSG2 21.05.10, Dublin 22.06.10, Belfast 23.06.10, London 25.06.10, Long Beach 06.07.11 (EV), Los Angeles 08.07.11 (EV), Toronto 11.09.11, Toronto 12.09.11, Ottawa 14.09.11, Hamilton 14.09.11, Manchester 20.06.12, Manchester 21.06.12, Amsterdam 26.06.2012, Amsterdam 27.06.2012, Berlin 04.07.12, Berlin 05.07.12, Stockholm 07.07.12, Oslo 09.07.12, Copenhagen 10.07.12, Manchester 28.07.12 (EV), Brooklyn 18.10.13, Brooklyn 19.10.13, Philly 21.10.13, Philly 22.10.13, San Diego 21.11.13, LA 23.11.13, LA 24.11.13, Oakland 26.11.13, Portland 29.11.13, Spokane 30.11.13, Calgary 02.12.13, Vancouver 04.12.13, Seattle 06.12.13, Trieste 22.06.14, Vienna 25.06.14, Berlin 26.06.14, Stockholm 28.06.14, Leeds 08.07.14, Philly 28.04.16, Philly 28.04.16, MSG1 01.05.16, MSG2 02.05.16
  • Options
    I am ready for some new PJ!!

Mind Your Manners is a great tune, heavier than all of Backspacer which indicates a heavier album

Let's hope Of the Earth is on it!!

Oh god I hope not, I love this band to pieces but that is one horrible, uncoordinated mess of a song that deserves to be buried away with Olé and never spoken of again. At every gig I heard it at it absolutely murdered the atmosphere every time.

Like the new song, hope the new album continues that vibe
    Really?

I would even go as far to say that in my opinion Of the Earth is the best song they have done in 10 years!

Listened to it again this morning from Hyde Park '10 - still can't stand it, still sounds like a massive mess to me. There's no real flowing structure to it, sounds like a bunch of mismatched parts that are just stuck together.

But different strokes for different folks
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,834
    This is what Got Some wishes it could have been.

Killer track. This album is going to be amazing!

totally agree, what a great way to return
  • Options
    SuzyntheqSuzyntheq Posts: 48
    Punk Iron Maiden. :D
  • Options
    Sea wrote:
    the highly acclaimed Backspacer
    mHM3DMk.gif

really....seriously....it was and is highly acclaimed.
  • Options
    how can the thread for the TENTH ALBUM be only 4 pages long??? Mind Your Manners is a blistering ear melting awesomeness.

Can't wait to hear the rest. A studio version of Of The Earth would be kick ass.

ha nicely put. Love it how you always seem to speak what im thinking
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,468

Listened to it again this morning from Hyde Park '10 - still can't stand it, still sounds like a massive mess to me. There's no real flowing structure to it, sounds like a bunch of mismatched parts that are just stuck together.

I agree.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options

I agree.

yes also agree, the song seemed to be a rough version at the time, and it didn't work terrifically well for me either. However if it makes the album im sure they will have made it work....or they wouldn't use it. and that's IF they use it.

I believe the tracklists seen so far are way off the mark
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,468
    pdalowsky wrote:
    Sea wrote:
    the highly acclaimed Backspacer
    mHM3DMk.gif

really....seriously....it was and is highly acclaimed.
    Yes. And Nicholas Cage is laughing about it. :)
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    but there is nothing incorrect about that statement......it was very highly acclaimed.

Its well documented that you are not fond, I think you've made that clear. But subjective user reviews were hardly factored into that statement.

see here for all you need: -

http://www.metacritic.com/music/backspa ... ic-reviews

But its ok, you clearly don't like it ;) we get that.
  • Options
    I am ready for some new PJ!!

Mind Your Manners is a great tune, heavier than all of Backspacer which indicates a heavier album

Let's hope Of the Earth is on it!!

Oh god I hope not, I love this band to pieces but that is one horrible, uncoordinated mess of a song that deserves to be buried away with Olé and never spoken of again. At every gig I heard it at it absolutely murdered the atmosphere every time.

Like the new song, hope the new album continues that vibe

A matter of taste... I think Of the Earth is good solid rock, I would love having it on the album – totally agree with Olé, can't hear it, but it's just my own personal thing. Really looking forward to October!! :-D
    She holds the hand that holds her down...
    She will... rise above...
  • Options
    & btw I love MYM, really cool heavy punky stuff!!! :-D
    She holds the hand that holds her down...
    She will... rise above...
  • Options
    HedwichHedwich Posts: 3,237
    weeble wrote:
    Wow I'm loving Mind Your Manners.Just 2 minutes and 38 seconds of PJ total class riffin'! :)

Pre-ordered the new 10C album. Being from the UK probably means I'll have to wait even longer for it to arrive but that's okay - always feels like I owe it to order from the site! :)

Sooooo can't wait to hear it!!!!

YEAH! Here the same!! I simply love that song! Today morning, i heard it in my car very loud... it was great!
    I have to wait here in Germany also. But, i decided to pre-order the Album too! I couldn't hold myself back! :lol::lol::lol:
    Concerts
    Berlin: 2000, 2006, 2009, 2010, 2x 2012
    Düsseldorf: 2007
    Amsterdam 1+2, Milano, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Stockholm 2014

Pearl Jam exhibition in Rome 2013

Eddie rocks my life!!!
  • Options
    billyruffbillyruff Posts: 534
    Totally awesome !!!!!!....cant wait to hear MYM in London....