Lyrics: Vedder
    Music: Vedder

YELLOW MOON
    Music: Ament

FUTURE DAYS

Besides Getaway, I prefer all the songs that Ed DIDN'T WRITE THE MUSIC TO. I have taken SBM, Future Days, and Sirens off my iPod. Too bad I can't skip them on the vinyl! :lol:
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    Has anybody been able to import ANY of the formats into iTunes??? If so what's your secret? Should I just have bought the album in iTunes in the first place? - I hate iTunes, never works right on the pc.
    If you are on PC and not using either an iPhone or other iDevice - might I suggest that you look into a different program for your music enjoyment?

Also, in worst case - you have some pluug-ins to WinAmp that can help you transfer to iPod's etc.
  • Options
    Wow, for some reason, I didn't realize EV wrote the lyrics to every song on LB! :shock:
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    Had hopes of being happy on return, but no CD yet.
    Checked with 10C for shipping times - great news... :(

"Normal transit time is 10-14 business days.

These are worst case shipping times. Orders are shipped without tracking.
    International orders shipped via UPS Mail Innovations can take up to 4-8 weeks for processing, shipping and delivery. At this time, there is no tracking information available for International shipments. Please take into account holidays and poor weather conditions. Shipments to Canada, Mexico, South America and Australia can expect delays due to increased Customs scrutiny. Orders that have not arrived within 90 days of order placement will be considered lost and will be resent if stock remains or store credit will be given in full amount of purchase.

Thanks-
    10c"

Means that 18th is still a valid normal date of delivery.

And while the digital download was nice - I realize that I paid for more or less nothing special. The files aren't HD or anything - simple CD quality wav/Flac at best. :S
    Color me less impressed by now...
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,935
    Yesterday during my lunch break I went to Best Buy, Futureshop, Walmart & Taz Records. None of them had the Lightning Bolt CD. I have one coming from 10club but I want a CD for work.

So today I stopped by Mic Mac Mall's HMV store. And low & behold .. IT WAS THERE!!! :D

gvyDUwX.jpg?1
  • Options
    GETAWAY

MIND YOUR MANNERS
    Music: McCready

MY FATHER’S SON

SIRENS
    Music: McCready
    --Why
    LIGHTNING BOLT

INFALLIBLE
    Music: Ament & Gossard

PENDULUM
    Music: Ament & Gossard

SWALLOWED WHOLE

LET THE RECORDS PLAY
    Music: Gossard

SLEEPING BY MYSELF

YELLOW MOON

FUTURE DAYS

Besides Getaway, I prefer all the songs that Ed DIDN'T WRITE THE MUSIC TO. I have taken SBM, Future Days, and Sirens off my iPod. Too bad I can't skip them on the vinyl! :lol:

Why Sirens? McCready wrote the music for that?

I wish they would have found someting else to put on the album besides SBM. I don't see the point of it being on there.
    "Do you think the carpetpissers did this?" - The Dude
  • Options
    papa_pearls_jam.pj20papa_pearls_jam.pj20 Chicago USA Posts: 2,142
    Ms. Haiku wrote:
    This album is not the easiest to understand.

When I listen to it there seems to be something off except for on the song, "Future Days." I tried to figure out what it was, as if something was forced in the making. As the voice is an instrument it sounds like it is in conflict with the rest of the instruments. Very different approach towards the interaction of the voice and the rest of the instruments.
    I'm having a better understanding of the songs from listening more than the "official" lyrics on pearljam.com. It's odd to me that there's not a better source than the official band website to get the lyrics of the songs.
    Posimists. Fuck the pessimists...fuck'em.
  • Options
    Brane_of_JFKBrane_of_JFK Maryland Posts: 1,900
    Listened to the album 3x through already, and I have to say, even as a die-hard fan, I am completely disappointed. Outside of Getaway, Mind Your Manners and possibly My Father's Son, the rest of the album is incredibly mellow and, IMO, boring.

The entire album sounds wayyyyy to 'POP' for my taste. Who knows, maybe I'll change my mind in the future, but I feel that this is by far their weakest album...
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,608
    demetrios wrote:
    Yesterday during my lunch break I went to Best Buy, Futureshop, Walmart & Taz Records. None of them had the Lightning Bolt CD. I have one coming from 10club but I want a CD for work.

So today I stopped by Mic Mac Mall's HMV store. And low & behold .. IT WAS THERE!!! :D

gvyDUwX.jpg?1
    Isn't HMV selling vinyl yet??? Even London Drugs is selling vinyl now...
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,935
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

gvyDUwX.jpg?1
    Isn't HMV selling vinyl yet??? Even London Drugs is selling vinyl now...

Not yet. Well, for this store that is.
  • Options
    So I get there's a delay in getting the vinyl via mail. I just checked and finally actually have tracking info and it says expected delivery is October 21 now. A little bummed but what are you going to do? Anyway was wondering if anyone out there has gotten the 10c version yet is it black, red, white or what? Sound quality? Any cool inserts? Also I've been listening to my digital and I have to say I love getaway, pendulum, sirens, MYM, lightning bolt. Hoping sleeping grows on me. Records and infallible were way better live in pittsburgh but sure they'll grow on me too. Not huge on my fathers son but maybe will grow too.
    Pit 10/11/13
    Philly 10/22/13
  • Options
    petrimppetrimp Finland Posts: 161
    petrimp wrote:
    Just received email:
    "Your Ten Club LLC order is on its way!" :o

So stoked, can't wait :thumbup:

I still haven't received my CD :? Well, tomorrow. Perhaps. Meanwhile, I've listened to it from Spotify over and over again... and will do so again now.

LB is not too good of a soundtrack for running, btw :lol:
    hearts and thoughts they fade, fade away...
  • Options
    Foolwolf wrote:
    Had hopes of being happy on return, but no CD yet.
    Checked with 10C for shipping times - great news... :(

"Normal transit time is 10-14 business days.

These are worst case shipping times. Orders are shipped without tracking.
    International orders shipped via UPS Mail Innovations can take up to 4-8 weeks for processing, shipping and delivery. At this time, there is no tracking information available for International shipments. Please take into account holidays and poor weather conditions. Shipments to Canada, Mexico, South America and Australia can expect delays due to increased Customs scrutiny. Orders that have not arrived within 90 days of order placement will be considered lost and will be resent if stock remains or store credit will be given in full amount of purchase.

Thanks-
    10c"

Means that 18th is still a valid normal date of delivery.

And while the digital download was nice - I realize that I paid for more or less nothing special. The files aren't HD or anything - simple CD quality wav/Flac at best. :S
    Color me less impressed by now...

Waiting, watching the mailbox :(
    2006 Antwerp Belgium
    2007 Werchter Belgium
    2010 Nijmegen Netherlands,
    2010 Werchter Belgium
    2012 Werchter Belgium
    2014 Amsterdam 1 Netherlands
    2014 Werchter Belgium
  • Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,090
    Wow, for some reason, I didn't realize EV wrote the lyrics to every song on LB! :shock:
    Hasn't Ed pretty much written all the lyrics since "Pearl Jam"?
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,853
    CD arrived in the mail today :D . Not sure if it's been mentioned...in the liner notes the album is "dedicated to Uncle Neil" 8-)
  • Options
    CTD10CTD10 Posts: 351
    This album gets better with every listen.
    ctd
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    I've been reading a lot of reviews of the album - whether it's hear on the forum, or online articles - and a lot of people are really expressing disappointment. I, for one, love it! Had the CD since Saturday and it's been playing non-stop! Can't wait to finally get my vinyl in the mail!
  • Options
    I've been reading a lot of reviews of the album - whether it's hear on the forum, or online articles - and a lot of people are really expressing disappointment. I, for one, love it! Had the CD since Saturday and it's been playing non-stop! Can't wait to finally get my vinyl in the mail!
    Remember, a lot of people don't like Riot Act or Binaural either. It's totally meaningless. ;)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    atomohatomoh Posts: 37
    demetrios wrote:

gvyDUwX.jpg?1

Bought it myself in HMV in Dublin...but for 16.99EUR... :wtf:
  • Options
    spencer958spencer958 Louisville, KY Posts: 279
    Got my CD yesterday, listened to it about 3 times. So far I think "Infallible" is my fav.
  • Options
    bazzer wrote:

You know, he probably has, and I just didn't realize it! :lol:
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    bazzer wrote:

You know, he probably has, and I just didn't realize it! :lol:
    I believe he also wrote every single lyric for Vitalogy (and Backspacer... bad example if I'm trying to defend him :lol: ).
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    jjflash wrote:
    CD arrived in the mail today :D . Not sure if it's been mentioned...in the liner notes the album is "dedicated to Uncle Neil" 8-)
    I haven't seen that mentioned anywhere yet. Very cool!! :)
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    There are a set of four descending notes in Yellow Moon that remind me of Low light- both Jeff's songs.

The chorus in Lightning Bolt "lightning bOOOOlt" reminds me of when Ed sings "breakerfall" in Breakerfall.

Find it interesting that Boom has been there for many years & tours, yet he is still listed like a session musician on the album credits.

Really enjoy the vocals on Infallible, played it multiple times today during my home commute, but I am not into the keyboard section in the beginning and pre-chorus... too poppy for my taste.
    Lollapalooza @ Great Woods 8-8-92~~CU Field House 11-26-93~~Red Rocks 6-20-95~~Randall's Island 9-28-96~~Randall's Island 9-29-96~~Columbia, Maryland 9-24-96~~EV solo Hartford, CT 6-18-11~~EV solo Albuquerque, NM 11-6-12~~ Denver 10-22-2014~~Fenway II 8-7-2016
  • Options
    brutusbrutus Posts: 8
    Been with the band since 1991(picked up the ALIVE single and fell in love) LB sounds great but I'm not sold. Stone is right...My Fathers Son is great and my fav right now. LB starts out firing, Sirens is just magic but it does get a bit mid to slow tempo from the half way point to end - shame. I know the slower songs will pull me in but I really was hoping for more fire in the belly. I'm still not HAPPY with "Sleeping By Myself" being on there, I love the EV solo track and really can't understand WHY they did it.....Sorry Brendon but I feel ripped off by one track. I'm not sure this is the CLASSIC we wanted but it sure does have some great music to live and breath too. Enjoy :)
  • Options
    I have also been with the band since -91. I haven't liked everything, but with time even the ones I didn't like has grown on me. Still - not everything is good OK. :)

I have always liked that Pearl Jam has gone in their own direction, challenged their music, exploring, changing sound etc. I believe a band has to do that to stay in shape and continue to deliver great music.

I'm only on my 3rd thorough listen through of the album, and I have to say that this album has some great songs, but IMHO also some not so good ones. I believe that mostly it is the anticipation. I have NEVER seen an album so heavily promoted by PJ as LB. That kinds od builds up anticipations, and with PJ - those get pretty high and to me - LB haven't been able to live up to them. Also, I feel that many more songs than before feels like "pop hits". Secluded songs that feels more like radio hits than before. Could be just how it feels right now. I'm pretty sure that some weeks from now, that may change after more listening to it.

I wouldn't say this ,IMHO, is one of their best albums, but it is still a good one that I will continue to enjoy! Some songs are really great :mrgreen:

For now though, I'm also bummed that I haven't received the CD. I have the digital downloads - but I found the quality not to my liking. I had hoped that "(Downloads will be available in the following formats: MP3, FLAC, Apple Lossless and WAV) " meant high res files and not just some silly CD rip. I can do that myself. I sincerely hope that the CD comes with something goodie or the 10C version was a rip...
    Can someone ease my mind who hgas gotten their 10C CD?
  • Options
    Don't post very much but would like to post about lightning bolt.

So far it's been good listening the usual PJ mix of songs and they are all growing on me like all PJ songs do. Like some of the other people posting I have followed the band since ten came out in 1991 and love them as much now as I did then.
    One thing though! Why did they put 'sleeping by myself' on this album. It's a waste of a slot on the album, we have all heard it before and I like it on ukulele songs! I don't like it on LB though they have ruined it, it sounds like a goofey & rosie commercial jingle for a TV show or AD. That's all!!

OF
    Perth 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Melbourne 13 Nov 2006
    Adelaide 21 Nov 2006
    Adelaide 22 Nov 2006
    Adelaide 2009
    EV Adelaide 27 Mar 2011
    EV Adelaide 28 Mar 2011

'Always amongst the waves'
  • Options
    rangers72rangers72 lockerbie.uk Posts: 143
    still not came yet! but listening on download(still prefer cd) about 5 times now and for some reason i think let the records play dosent quite fit,not that i dislike the song.actually really like swallowed whole,has a rem vibe to it.
  • Options
    HebejebeHebejebe Posts: 108

Find it interesting that Boom has been there for many years & tours, yet he is still listed like a session musician on the album credits.

I know what you mean but that's all he is.
  • Options
    Don't know why I'm surprised but still waiting in the UK good job I got it off Itunes!!