Options

"Jonny Bails Floatin" My new novel, now available!

Comments

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,647
    Jumping on a cross country flight today and will bring this book w/me!

I hear its a quick easy read. :D:mrgreen: Where ya headed?

:lol:
    SF. In a wedding for one of my best friends. Crazy month w/PJ mixed in and another wedding that I am in at the end of the month in LA.
    Lots of plane time = lots of reading time! ;)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    Jumping on a cross country flight today and will bring this book w/me!

I hear its a quick easy read. :D:mrgreen: Where ya headed?

:lol:
    SF. In a wedding for one of my best friends. Crazy month w/PJ mixed in and another wedding that I am in at the end of the month in LA.
    Lots of plane time = lots of reading time! ;)

Well awesome, have fun! Sounds like good times. :mrgreen:
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,647
    Enjoyed the book, finished it on the plane ride back yesterday.
    Lots of things I liked about it but I think the characters were the best part, for me. I totally bought into the fantastic elements of the story and wanted to understand more. I think it sets up really well for a deeper dive into the world if you wanted to revisit at some point.
    Great work, hope many more people get the chance to read it and that you keep writing. Enjoyed my time spent in Key West and wish that I was going to have a beer at Sloppy Joe's to watch the band tonight.
  • Options
    guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,396
    My wife finally submitted her amazon order yesterday. Looking forward to the read.

Hoping the book shows up before my tour travels next week 8-) .
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • Options
    Enjoyed the book, finished it on the plane ride back yesterday.
    Lots of things I liked about it but I think the characters were the best part, for me. I totally bought into the fantastic elements of the story and wanted to understand more. I think it sets up really well for a deeper dive into the world if you wanted to revisit at some point.
    Great work, hope many more people get the chance to read it and that you keep writing. Enjoyed my time spent in Key West and wish that I was going to have a beer at Sloppy Joe's to watch the band tonight.

F me, thanks so much for the kind words! :D You know, I set out to write one novel, but a few people have mentioned questions about characters or things left unanswered. And since I miss the world of Jonny Bails, I could definitely see re-visiting it one day soon. But in the meantime, I have another separate novel underway...but I may just have a small cameo from one of my favorites from Jonny Bails. :mrgreen: Again, thanks so much, it means a lot to me.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    My wife finally submitted her amazon order yesterday. Looking forward to the read.

Hoping the book shows up before my tour travels next week 8-) .

guacJoe, thats good news -- I hope it is to your liking! I think amazon ships it pretty quick.. and there's a lot of music and band life in the book, so it might make for a good tour companion. :D
  • Options
    Well, they got Charlie Hunnam to star in 50 shades of Grey. I dont want him for Jonny Bails any more. :lol: slut.
    I wonder who could play Jonny Bails in a movie? 8-)

Good question...sometimes I have a lock on who I think looks like the lead character but in this instance the lights sort of took him over.
    I sort of had him as a younger Sam Elliott or maybe Viggo Mortensen. The contemplative drunk guy who has a sparkle in his eye. "Smarter than he looks" - that sort of actor.
    Maybe a Jon Hamm w.his scruffy beard look? He did play a character on SNL called Jonny Prosciutto and that is close to Jonny Pistachio, lol.
    I want to once again thank all of you for your support.
    This isnt just a lame bump either... I have a question.

For those of you that have read the book (or are currently reading it), what GENRE would you say it falls under?

Thanks! :mrgreen:

I would say Contemporary Fantasy or Urban Fantasy....but it is a tough one to peg, I can see how that is a difficult question!
  • Options
    oh man a younger Sam Elliot would be awesome. Viggo is awesome too. I never thought of those guys. I've been watching a show called the New Girl, and I think Zooey Descahnnel might make a good Leila. 8-)
    I'll have to look up the Jonny Prosciutto! :lol:

Yeah, I thought i was crazy with the genre thing, but it really is hard to nail down.
  • Options
    cubBEE_girlcubBEE_girl Waiting for next year... Posts: 3,365
    oh man a younger Sam Elliot would be awesome. Viggo is awesome too. I never thought of those guys. I've been watching a show called the New Girl, and I think Zooey Descahnnel might make a good Leila. 8-)
    I'll have to look up the Jonny Prosciutto! :lol:

Yeah, I thought i was crazy with the genre thing, but it really is hard to nail down.

Yes! Zooey as Leila would be brilliant. I love her.

i love the packers. :|
    I lost a bet...
  • Options
    mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    I loved reading your book - :thumbup: I finished your novel a few weeks ago and I'm just now getting around to letting you know how much I enjoyed your book.
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • Options
    mikalina wrote:
    I loved reading your book - :thumbup: I finished your novel a few weeks ago and I'm just now getting around to letting you know how much I enjoyed your book.

Mikalina! Thanks so much for the feedback!

So, who do you think could play the cast in a movie? :D

Do you have a few moments to add an Amazon review of the book? 8-)

Thanks so much for your kind words.
  • Options
    Jonny Bails got a nice review...scored 95 out of 100. And there's a little author interview if you want to see my huge beard and hear about my strange obsession/fear of losing my fingers:

http://magnoliablossomreview.blogspot.c ... n-and.html

:D
  • Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Jonny Bails got a nice review...scored 95 out of 100. And there's a little author interview if you want to see my huge beard and hear about my strange obsession/fear of losing my fingers:

Do you find it overwhelming? i think i Would.
  • Options
    Wow, fear the beard!
    Dude, you should play for the Red Sox with that bad boy! I tried a few times to grow my beard out (after wearing one in my 20s for a while) and the scratchy stage got the better of me every time and I buzzed it off. My wife didn't like it either. ;)
    Nice review, congratulations.
  • Options

The fear of losing my fingers, the interview or the reviews? ;)
    Interviews are tough. I dont mind them though because I get a chance to explain the background, which I think is cool.
    Actual reviews - thats a harrowing experience. I knew about this review for a few weeks, and yes, its easy to lose sleep thinking they will tear it apart or they will call me out on grammar or something.
  • Options
    Wow, fear the beard!
    Dude, you should play for the Red Sox with that bad boy! I tried a few times to grow my beard out (after wearing one in my 20s for a while) and the scratchy stage got the better of me every time and I buzzed it off. My wife didn't like it either. ;)
    Nice review, congratulations.

:lol: Oddly, my wife likes the beastly beard. Bless her soul.
    The scratchy stage does suck though!
  • Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158

Interviews are tough. I dont mind them though because I get a chance to explain the background, which I think is cool.
    Actual reviews - thats a harrowing experience. I knew about this review for a few weeks, and yes, its easy to lose sleep thinking they will tear it apart or they will call me out on grammar or something.

I ment the accolades :D and You are NOT going to lose your fingers!!!
  • Options
    EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,996

Very cool review. I kept wondering why your book wasn't showing up in my Kindle and I realized I got the book book version of it and saw it in my book pile yesterday. Duh. Will read ASAP. Loved the interview and I like beards.
  • Options
    Enkidu wrote:

Very cool review. I kept wondering why your book wasn't showing up in my Kindle and I realized I got the book book version of it and saw it in my book pile yesterday. Duh. Will read ASAP. Loved the interview and I like beards.

Thanks Ann :D I hope you like it!
  • Options

Last time I was cutting the hedges with the giant hedge trimmers, I thought there was no way I could accidentally cut off my fingers - self-fulfilled prophecies dont happen like that...then oddly enough, I was sweating too much and I got freakin electrocuted (very mildly, dont worry). At least it wasnt the fingers! :lol:
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,759

Last time I was cutting the hedges with the giant hedge trimmers, I thought there was no way I could accidentally cut off my fingers - self-fulfilled prophecies dont happen like that...then oddly enough, I was sweating too much and I got freakin electrocuted (very mildly, dont worry). At least it wasnt the fingers! :lol:

Aughh! Cringe! Oh, do I dare tell this story? Why not...

Back in around 1976 I split open the top of my left middle finger into what kind of looked like a red four-leaf clover while using a power mower. Stupid young man! The doc said he would have to amputate the finger at the first joint. I begged him not to so he picked what debris he could out of the injured finger and carefully sewed it up. I soaked it in Epsom salts everyday for weeks- each soaking so painful I just sat there with tears running down my face. The finger- at least most of it- was saved. I lost the tip of the finger bone so the top of the finger is a bit shorter now, slanted and kind of stubby but at least I can still play guitar. However, that little two fingered D7 chord gets messed up almost every time. :fp:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    brianlux wrote:

Back in around 1976 I split open the top of my left middle finger into what kind of looked like a red four-leaf clover while using a power mower. Stupid young man! The doc said he would have to amputate the finger at the first joint. I begged him not to so he picked what debris he could out of the injured finger and carefully sewed it up. I soaked it in Epsom salts everyday for weeks- each soaking so painful I just sat there with tears running down my face. The finger- at least most of it- was saved. I lost the tip of the finger bone so the top of the finger is a bit shorter now, slanted and kind of stubby but at least I can still play guitar. However, that little two fingered D7 chord gets messed up almost every time. :fp:

:shock: :shock: See? See that there Bj? could happen! ;)

Well, Im glad you didnt listen to that doctor Brian!
    The visual of the split open flour leaf clover gave me an idea...your finger had fingers! Imagine how you could rip on guitar with seven fingers on one hand?! Must be how McCready pulls it off. :P
  • Options
    mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    mikalina wrote:

I was thinking that maybe I could play the part of Leila ( LOL ) there's drama, romance, sex and glow in the dark parts.... :P Ill get back to you about the leading man...

I would be happy to add an Amazon review of your book. :thumbup:
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • Options
    mikalina wrote:
    mikalina wrote:

I was thinking that maybe I could play the part of Leila ( LOL ) there's drama, romance, sex and glow in the dark parts.... :P Ill get back to you about the leading man...

I would be happy to add an Amazon review of your book. :thumbup:

:D Thanks Mikalina, you're hired! If funding comes through, be prepared to get drunk for two months in Key West :mrgreen:
  • Options
    brianlux wrote:

:shock: :shock: See? See that there Bj? could happen! ;)

Well, Im glad you didnt listen to that doctor Brian!
    The visual of the split open flour leaf clover gave me an idea...your finger had fingers! Imagine how you could rip on guitar with seven fingers on one hand?! Must be how McCready pulls it off. :P

:lol::lol: But I've gotta say, Jon, if I had the bioluminescence, the darned thing would have healed itself and I'd have been happy to just go with five fingers. :lol:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,396
    Book arrived in Florida yesterday, but I'm up in NYC anticipating my 5th straight show, in Hartford 8-) . Looking forward to the reading when I get back home to south Florida. Also looking forward to that warm summer feel back home. It's f**kn COLD up here already :fp: . 52 degrees is our winter low :lolno: .
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • Options
    brianlux wrote:
    :lol::lol: But I've gotta say, Jon, if I had the bioluminescence, the darned thing would have healed itself and I'd have been happy to just go with five fingers. :lol:

I'd take the bioluminescence instead too.
    by the way, did you see the review from the Keys News I posted a few days ago. The reviewer was skeptical about the idea so he did some research and found that humans actually emit tiny amounts of light similar to bioluminescent organisms, its just too hard to detect. So anything is possible. :mrgreen:
    Book arrived in Florida yesterday, but I'm up in NYC anticipating my 5th straight show, in Hartford 8-) . Looking forward to the reading when I get back home to south Florida. Also looking forward to that warm summer feel back home. It's f**kn COLD up here already :fp: . 52 degrees is our winter low :lolno: .

Have fun at the show joe! And yeah the book goes well with a warm cozy climate. 8-)
  • Options
    Looks like I'm heading down to the Keys next week with a few books to give out to shops and book stores to see if they'll carry the book. I'm going to shoot some video too...to put together a short video trailer. :D
  • Options
    Looks like I'm heading down to the Keys next week with a few books to give out to shops and book stores to see if they'll carry the book. I'm going to shoot some video too...to put together a short video trailer. :D

Excellent! Now lets see if Cameron Crowe or Jonathan Demme or (my choice) Jim Jarmusch pick up the movie rights! :D

• Options
    brianlux wrote:

Excellent! Now lets see if Cameron Crowe or Jonathan Demme or (my choice) Jim Jarmusch pick up the movie rights! :D

:D8-)
    That would be sweet!
    I know the first two, but I'll have to look up Jim Jarmusch.

...Anybody know how to get a book into their hands? :lol::mrgreen: