Options

"Jonny Bails Floatin" My new novel, now available!

Comments

• Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    imalive wrote:
    imalive wrote:
    :lol::lol:

was he an influence on your infamous post of 2010? :? ;)

If I say I dont remember my own infamous post, can I chalk that up to Captain Morgan as well? :lol:

I was mistaken...it was johnny ABRUZZO who went off in 2010.....aren't you both phillies fans? :?

:lol: Nope, Im not a Phillies fan..I show up in the Yankees thread every now and then. 8-)
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    cubBEE_girlcubBEE_girl Waiting for next year... Posts: 3,365
    Finished your book this weekend, Jonny. Well done! I didn't want it to end, I enjoyed being lost in Jonny's world. :mrgreen:
    I lost a bet...
  • Options
    Finished your book this weekend, Jonny. Well done! I didn't want it to end, I enjoyed being lost in Jonny's world. :mrgreen:

Thanks cubBEE!! :D
    I wish I was still lost tin that world too!
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options

I've always been a fan of trilogies. Just sayin' :D
    I lost a bet...
  • Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158

I've always been a fan of threesomes.. Just sayin' :D
  • Options

I've always been a fan of threesomes.. Just sayin' :D

Those too. ;):lol::lol::lol:
    I lost a bet...
  • Options
    :lol: You guys!

I never really intended on a sequel, but I've realized that I left a lot of stuff open ended. I like to let people guess...but that has made me think of revisiting it one day.

If I could ask you a big favor cubBEE, could you do an amazon review pretty please with sugar on top?? :mrgreen:
  • Options

I never really intended on a sequel, but I've realized that I left a lot of stuff open ended. I like to let people guess...but that has made me think of revisiting it one day.

If I could ask you a big favor cubBEE, could you do an amazon review pretty please with sugar on top?? :mrgreen:

Sure thing, Jonny. No problem. It will be my first Amazon review too. :mrgreen:
    I lost a bet...
  • Options

Oh crap :shock:

EDIT: Did it :mrgreen:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options

:lol: Thanks Adam!

And CubBEE!
  • Options

And CubBEE!

::sarcastic comment removed after better judgement wins::
  • Options

And CubBEE!

::sarcastic comment removed after better judgement wins::

Do not start censoring yourself NOW! :lol:
  • Options

:lol::lol::lol:but i do censor myself
  • Options

:lol::lol::lol:but i do censor myself
    :corn: :corn: :corn:
    I lost a bet...
  • Options
    hgpjam11hgpjam11 Posts: 1,328
    Just started lastnight, I can't wait to get back to it. I'm hoping to have plenty of time this weekend. :)
    I win.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,650
    Have it on my list and look forward to reading!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    hgpjam11 wrote:
    Just started lastnight, I can't wait to get back to it. I'm hoping to have plenty of time this weekend. :)
    Have it on my list and look forward to reading!

:D Thanks guys!
  • Options
    I want to once again thank all of you for your support.
    This isnt just a lame bump either... I have a question.

For those of you that have read the book (or are currently reading it), what GENRE would you say it falls under?

Thanks! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Smut! :evil:
  • Options

:lol::lol: Ok Ok, what SUB-genre? ;)
  • Options

Fantasy/Fiction/Music/Romance... it's tough buddy, you covered a lot genre's.
  • Options

Fantasy/Fiction/Music/Romance... it's tough buddy, you covered a lot genre's.

Yeah I know. I'm having a hard time being specific. I'm submitting the book to a bunch of review sites, magazines, stores, etc, and they all want to know what genre.
  • Options
    -ish
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    So, I received a review from a blogger. http://hinesandbigham.wordpress.com/
    She also emailed me to explain -- She liked the story and characters, but grammar and punctuation problems resulted in 3 out of 5 stars. Not bad I guess.. but perhaps I should've hired a professional editor. :fp:

Here's what she said:

"This book is set in the fun an entertaining Key West. The atmosphere is perfect for the main character, Jonny. He thrives in the “party-goers paradise”. As a single man he lives the bachelor’s dream: sex, drugs, and rock n’ roll. Until a woman walks into his life and everything changes. Leila brings out a side of him that he’s never known. His bioluminescence side.

The beginning is extremely slow and I kept asking myself, “Where is what I’m reading leading to,” but it eventually gets there. The storyline has a unique mix of friendships, romance, and science. The characters and their personalities come alive, and they mostly stay true to the nature of the story.

The unique bioluminescence aspect is intriguing and keeps you reading.

My Favorite “Secondary” Character: Booker – he is interesting with a lot of character. I love the way he takes care of Jonny and his natural ability to turn any situation into a pleasant one.

My Favorite Part: Jonny and Leila’s first fishing trip. It was downright magical.

Overall, I give this book 3 stars."
  • Options
    That's Cool, personally i liked the first and third acts the best.

Oh and hey i had a thought, that short story at the end of the poems book, thats guy should have a cameo if there's a sequel. open for the band or something.
  • Options
    That's Cool, personally i liked the first and third acts the best.

Oh and hey i had a thought, that short story at the end of the poems book, thats guy should have a cameo if there's a sequel. open for the band or something.

That is a great idea! 8-)

I love intermingling worlds...
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,759
    Great read, Jonny. Fun and fast moving. Finished it last week and enjoyed it quite a bit. My only minor criticism would be, yes, hire a professional editor- there were a few little spots that needed touching up. But that didn't get in the way of enjoying the book and besides, I should talk- if I ever write anything that long an editor will be absolutely essential.* :lol:

AND I have a copy signed by the author! :D

Nicely done and hoping for more in the future!

*I actually am working on an anthology of my many years of writing little vignettes and poems which my step-daughter will edit for me. She did a fine job editing a book about the history of Placerville, CA written and compile by Nancy Dunk of The Bookery: http://thebookeryplacerville.blogspot.c ... untry.html
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    brianlux wrote:
    Great read, Jonny. Fun and fast moving. Finished it last week and enjoyed it quite a bit. My only minor criticism would be, yes, hire a professional editor- there were a few little spots that needed touching up. But that didn't get in the way of enjoying the book and besides, I should talk- if I ever write anything that long an editor will be absolutely essential.* :lol:

*I actually am working on an anthology of my many years of writing little vignettes and poems which my step-daughter will edit for me. She did a fine job editing a book about the history of Placerville, CA written and compile by Nancy Dunk of The Bookery: http://thebookeryplacerville.blogspot.c ... untry.html

Thanks so much Brian!
    Yes, I think the next time around I will hire an editor. I went through the book twice, editing to the point that I almost went crazy.
    I had my mother, who is a high school English teacher, edit it also. And, my wife, who is excellent with grammar di a one time through... but its just not easy to catch everything in 72,000 words!

Best of luck finishing yours Brian! and when it is complete, I expect a signed copy too. :D
    (Ps-Can I hire your step-daughter the next time around?)
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,759
    brianlux wrote:

Thanks so much Brian!
    Yes, I think the next time around I will hire an editor. I went through the book twice, editing to the point that I almost went crazy.
    I had my mother, who is a high school English teacher, edit it also. And, my wife, who is excellent with grammar di a one time through... but its just not easy to catch everything in 72,000 words!

Best of luck finishing yours Brian! and when it is complete, I expect a signed copy too. :D
    You got it!
    When you get to that point, let me know. She really is good. She caught so many of the errors from all who contributed to Nancy's book that we jokingly say she wrote it. She learned a lot by attending an editors conference in Chicago last year.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    brianlux wrote:
    When you get to that point, let me know. She really is good. She caught so many of the errors from all who contributed to Nancy's book that we jokingly say she wrote it. She learned a lot by attending an editors conference in Chicago last year.

Excellent! I'm about 40 pages into my next one...I will (hopefully) remember this conversation 6-8 months from now and maybe she'd be willing t o work with me, (if I can afford it).. :)