SEATTLE!!!

Comments

• Options
    DamianKDamianK Posts: 192
    Just booked my flights & hotel! It's really happening!! Woo hoo!! :D
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    DamianK wrote:
    I'm not sure on budget yet, more interested in being in a good spot for exploring Seattle. Is it best being downtown or closer to the venue? Parking isn't an issue for me as I won't be hiring a car. Thanks for your help, very much appreciated!

The Key Arena is 1.5 miles from downtown. You can take a bus or the monorail to downtown.
    Seattle Center has 'touristy' things, there is a billiards club (used to be Jillians, now is called World Sports Bar or something), The 5 Point (I highly recommend this place if you enjoy a good dive bar-the drinks are stiff and the waitstaff is sassy), and a few bars here and there. MOHAI (Museum of History and Industry) is there at Lake Union, and the Chihuly Glass Garden is under the Space Needle. Not much open after a show.

I stayed at the Courtyard Marriott on Lake Union this past January. It is a nice hotel, you can tell the last time they updated the hotel was in the 90s. There is a restaurant/bar (can't give a review as it was closed for the off season). It is within walking distance of several restaurants.

Downtown: So much to explore, just keep your street smarts about you, and you will be fine. Stay away from Pioneer Square and the International District/Chinatown (east of Pioneer Square)-pretty much don't go past S. Jackson St.-after dark.

Pioneer Square:
    th?id=H.4612980659193627&pid=1.7&w=253&h=182&c=7&rs=1

I've stayed at the Hotel Max-http://www.hotelmaxseattle.com/ and *love* it. Go to the website and they have FB and twitter deals. The hotel was built in the 1920s so the rooms are small, but has an 'art deco' feel to it. You can even request to stay in the Pearl Jam room-or at least on the Seattle music floor-your room will be furnished with a turntable and vinyl.

Any other questions, ask away, I will try to help as much as possible!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    DamianKDamianK Posts: 192
    RKCNDY wrote:
    DamianK wrote:
    I'm not sure on budget yet, more interested in being in a good spot for exploring Seattle. Is it best being downtown or closer to the venue? Parking isn't an issue for me as I won't be hiring a car. Thanks for your help, very much appreciated!

The Key Arena is 1.5 miles from downtown. You can take a bus or the monorail to downtown.
    Seattle Center has 'touristy' things, there is a billiards club (used to be Jillians, now is called World Sports Bar or something), The 5 Point (I highly recommend this place if you enjoy a good dive bar-the drinks are stiff and the waitstaff is sassy), and a few bars here and there. MOHAI (Museum of History and Industry) is there at Lake Union, and the Chihuly Glass Garden is under the Space Needle. Not much open after a show.

I stayed at the Courtyard Marriott on Lake Union this past January. It is a nice hotel, you can tell the last time they updated the hotel was in the 90s. There is a restaurant/bar (can't give a review as it was closed for the off season). It is within walking distance of several restaurants.

Downtown: So much to explore, just keep your street smarts about you, and you will be fine. Stay away from Pioneer Square and the International District/Chinatown (east of Pioneer Square)-pretty much don't go past S. Jackson St.-after dark.

Pioneer Square:
    th?id=H.4612980659193627&pid=1.7&w=253&h=182&c=7&rs=1

I've stayed at the Hotel Max-http://www.hotelmaxseattle.com/ and *love* it. Go to the website and they have FB and twitter deals. The hotel was built in the 1920s so the rooms are small, but has an 'art deco' feel to it. You can even request to stay in the Pearl Jam room-or at least on the Seattle music floor-your room will be furnished with a turntable and vinyl.

Any other questions, ask away, I will try to help as much as possible!

Hi RKCNDY

Thanks for the tips. we just ended up getting a great package deal - flights with BA from London Heathrow and 4 nights at the Warwick hotel for £875 all in. Can't really complain about that! Stiff drinks and sassy waiting staff you say? I'm in!! Can't beat a good dive bar in my opinion!!

Cheers,

Damian
  • Options
    THe Mrs. and I are in. We fly in Friday at about 11 am. staying at the Nobel House Hotel. First time in Seattle so any ideas would be great. We are there unitl Sunday mid morning. Would love to hook up for a PJ tour so to speak and hoping to be busy on Saturday night for a second show!
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,353
    No luck on the lottery for this one... anyone wanna help me avoid the public sale?

Looking for 2 ga or reserved. Pretty please, with a cherry on top.
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    RKCNDY wrote:
    I'll vote for Feedback lounge as a place to congregate. It's a cool place and West Seattle is less likely to be super crowded.

Do you have an 'in' with them? I'm sure they won't mind a bunch of PJ fans taking over the place, but I'd like to warn them.

Also if anybody stays down there, there is an express bus that runs straight downtown 10 minutes, and they can take a bus/cab back. I'm probably gonna call up an uber car for the ride home. 8-)
    I don't, but I guess we should probably wait and see where everyone is staying anyway before we decide.
    NERDS!
  • Options
    bump for anybody else that would like to join in any sightseeing/pre-show lunch/dinner or something...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    KathiKathi Posts: 1,828
    I'm in for whatever you guys plan really. Definitely want to return to the EMP, as I've some people with me who have never been there before, and I don't mind visiting again.
    Just hoping to score tickets in the public sale! I'll relax and start planning flights etc once those are secured.

We'll have a car this time, and will be in Seattle for +- a week, so have some time to actually see things that might not be directly in the city center. I know we definitely want to go to the TOTD lighthouse, any other suggestions on what we might want to explore?
  • Options
    Hi guys!

I will go to Seattle for the first time ever with a friend just because of PJ :P
    We can't be more excited :lol:
    I got two Reserved Seats for the show but we really want two GA
    If anyone is interested please let me know by PM ;)

• Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    RKCNDY wrote:
    bump for anybody else that would like to join in any sightseeing/pre-show lunch/dinner or something...

If we win, we will be in! That rhymes, and what rhymes is good :mrgreen:
  • Options
    YefaYefa Posts: 1,133
    I'm coming to the show and am really excited! I went to the 2009 shows and love visiting Seattle. I look forward to meeting more people and seeing others again.
    You see me empty, Sir, do not pause and inquire, simply assume and refill.
    - Al Swearengen

http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com
  • Options
    sk8drchiksk8drchik Posts: 213
    By the way is somebody going to tell the band where to meet up with us? They are invited too, right? ;):lol: Just a thought!!!
    Li
  • Options
    mattcozmattcoz Chicago Posts: 2,181
    I was really hoping to get 10c tix for this, but I think I'll still try for the public sale. I'll need a vacation around that time and I have a good friend that lives out there I can go and stay with.
  • Options
    eds' biggest faneds' biggest fan Tampa, FL Posts: 11
    Hell yeah I'm in....plus 1! Snagged reserved in the lottery and will be there for a week. I love Seattle! Where's everyone staying? I booked the Sheraton Seattle for now.
  • Options
    hammahamma Posts: 88
    I booked the Paramount for now.
  • Options
    Crazy MarcusCrazy Marcus Posts: 1,823
    A little sumpin' sumpin' I'm workin' on for the Seattle show:

PJThunderbirdsLogo_zps6c1e2fee.jpg

:D
  • Options
    I have a recommendation for anyone looking for somewhere to stay in Seattle. I've just stayed at the Silver Cloud Inn on Lake Union 3 weeks ago,

http://www.silvercloud.com/seattlelakeunion/

It's a really good base for getting around the city and is within walking distance of the Key Arena providing you don't mind walking around 2 miles. Besides, the hotel runs free shuttles to the base of the Space Needle which is where the arena is and the EMP (highly recommended). The hotel is very reasonably priced and has free (yes FREE!) parking and breakfast. If you have a ticket for the Seattle gig my advice would be to book this hotel now. Anyone going to the Portland show should know that there is also a Silver Cloud Inn there but it's a few miles from the venue. Again, i was there a short while back.

I'm gonna bump my own post here because this is a really good hotel and very well located for the venue if anyone is still looking for accommodation. I'll re-state the FREE PARKING too. We've been 3 times and it's always been good.

While in the city try a trip over Puget Sound to Baninbridge Island on the ferry, it's much cheaper than a cruise and if the weather's clear then the views are amazing. And a trip to Easy Street Records in West Seattle too, well worth a visit and easy to find.
    Manchester 17.8.09, Manchester 21.6.12, Copenhagen 10.7.12, Manchester 28.7.12 (EV), Phoenix 19.11.13, San Diego 21.11.13, LA 23.11.13, LA 24.11.13, Vienna 25.6.14, Leeds 8.7.14, London 6.6.17 (EV), London 18.6.18, Krakow 3.7.18, London 17.7.18, Dublin 3.7.19 (EV)
  • Options
    BikePHLBikePHL Posts: 471
    I havent made my hotel reservation yet, but I will book at one of the Kimpton hotels. Most likely the Alexis.
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 03, 2011, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 04, 2011, Eddie Vedder Solo - Tower Theater - June 25, 2011, Tres Mountains - TLA - March 23, 2011, Brad - World Cafe Live- Oct. 10, 2010, Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 31, 2009, Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 27, 2009, Eddie Vedder Solo - Tower Theater- June 12, 2009, Eddie Vedder Solo - Tower Theater- June 11,2009, Susquehanna Bank Center - Jun 20, 2008, Susquehanna Bank Center - Jun 19, 2008, Tweeter Center at the Waterfront - May 27, 2006, Wachovia Center - Oct 03, 2005, Fleet Center - Sep 29, 2004, Tweeter Center - Jul 02, 2003, Tweeter Center - Jul 11, 2003, First Union Spectrum Arena - Apr 28, 2003, Blockbuster Music Entertainment Center - Aug 29, 1998, RFK Stadium - Jun 14, 1998
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177

Love it! :thumbup:
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    jeffbr wrote:

Love it! :thumbup:

nice job Marcus!

though, technically, aren't they the Renton T-Birds?... ;)

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    trentktrentk Posts: 62
    Hey everyone. This may sound weird, but is there is way to set up an alert or push notification type thing within the forum? My wife and I were both shut out in the lottery for Seattle tickets and I'd love to know if anyone ever offers Seattle tickets: singles, GA, reserved, it doesn't matter. We just don't want to miss out.
    I doubt this is possible but please let me know if it can be done!
    We'll try Ticketmaster on Saturday but at this point I am convinced ticket brokers will get the best of what's left (hopefully not).
  • Options
    skanji32skanji32 Posts: 592
    i'm in - please include (Ottawa) beside my name! ;)

i really know no one out west, and leaving all my east coast pj family behind!

lf to meeting everyone...
    My 22 shows:
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Montreal, Toronto
    2000 - Montreal, Toronto
    2003 - Toronto, Montreal
    2004 - Boston I, Boston II
    2005 - Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa
    2011 - Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa
    2013 - London, Seattle
    2016 - Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II
  • Options
    Crazy MarcusCrazy Marcus Posts: 1,823
    RKCNDY wrote:

nice job Marcus!

Lisa - They play in Renton but are called the Seattle Thunderbirds.
  • Options
    Ahr MannAhr Mann Posts: 141
    trentk wrote:
    Hey everyone. This may sound weird, but is there is way to set up an alert or push notification type thing within the forum? My wife and I were both shut out in the lottery for Seattle tickets and I'd love to know if anyone ever offers Seattle tickets: singles, GA, reserved, it doesn't matter. We just don't want to miss out.
    I doubt this is possible but please let me know if it can be done!
    We'll try Ticketmaster on Saturday but at this point I am convinced ticket brokers will get the best of what's left (hopefully not).

Maybe the new Pearl Jam iPhone app? Haven't tried it myself yet.

Good luck on those tickets! If you get to the show, look for me: I'll be the guy *not* filming it through my phone...
  • Options
    KathiKathi Posts: 1,828

awesome!!
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:

nice job Marcus!

Lisa - They play in Renton but are called the Seattle Thunderbirds.

I know they are called 'Seattle', but really, if they play in Renton, they should be called Renton... :lol:

I will update the list in a few hours!

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,981
    skanji32 wrote:
    i'm in - please include (Ottawa) beside my name! ;)

i really know no one out west, and leaving all my east coast pj family behind!

lf to meeting everyone...

See ya soon!! :D
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    You can take the 'maybe' of against my name! I'LL BE THERE!! Count me in for any shenanigans. Flights done, Seattle concert tix done, Seattle accom WIP............
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    YLed2YLed2 Des Moines, IA Posts: 5,534
    As I said before, my best friend and I are making our first trips out to Seattle and can't say enough how fucking stoked we are for this show and to check out everything that Seattle has to offer and make a weekend out of it. Really looking forward to meeting everyone and some more jammers from the NW and east coast.

I haven't really looked through all of the thread, but can anyone let me know which hotel most people are staying at or suggestions?
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• Options
    kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909
    I don't recall adding myself to this list ... :think:

Meh. Either way, I'm down like Charlie Brown. Woot!

tumblr_m9ssfxdbpy1qc184to1_250.jpg
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."