05-09-05 Edm Alb;05-09-02 Vanc
    06-07-02/ 03 Denver 1 + 2;06-10-21/22 Bridge 1 +2
    4/3 + 4/2/08 Vanc Vedder ; 6/24+25 MSG /Toronto 09/buffalo 10/EV Chic 1-2
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,292
    edited July 2013
    Ryan wrote:
    sgtppr67 wrote:

Not too many people on the Facebook events pages going to Calgary or Vancouver. These might be easier to get than past Canadian tours (week nights, less Americans traveling).

I would agree. The Vancouver shows are in way less demand when the preceed Seattle shows. The '05 shows were kind of funny. PJ announced the Canadian tour first with no Seattle date. Vancouver sold out pretty quick that year because of the influx of fans from Washington. When they announced the Gorge show a bunch of Canadians bought tickets to that instead. I went to both and it was really weird. I kept meeting Americans at the Canadian show, and Canadians at the American show.

I missed Vancouver '09 but I heard the 10c count was really low. Lots of people got awesome seats. I was bummed to have missed it. I don't think the prairie provinces ever have a strong turn out for 10c members. There was a long gap where Pearl Jam never played there, so people didn't buy them.

I selected Vancouver GA, Seattle Reserved, Seattle Ga, Vancouver Reserved. I really don't expect Vancouver to sell out. I figured GA tickets in Seattle could be a tough draw. If chose Seattle GA, then Vancouver GA, I was afraid I'd miss both GA's (instead of gambling on going for both).

It'll also be interesting to see how a 2nd Seattle show shapes up. If there is going to be one (and I can only assume there will be) will they sell 10c tickets for it.. or will it magically appear on TM within seconds of the 1st one selling out? It's been kind of hit/miss over the years as to whether or not 10c has offered 10c tickets for night 2.
    Post edited by Zod on
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    ^^^ I' really excited about going to Vancouver. Tbh Canada's probably not somewhere I would have made it to otherwise so YAY! With missing Calgary I'm hoping to have time for some sightseeing both in Seattle & Vancouver. Make the most of being there etc. 8-):D
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    evenflowmanevenflowman Posts: 1,345
    The Vancouver shows I thought were way better and besides Eddie yelling at the front row I felt they were into it more then Seattle.
  • Options
    The Vancouver shows I thought were way better and besides Eddie yelling at the front row I felt they were into it more then Seattle.

Yah the last Seattle shows felt like something was missing.. I can't put my finger on it. They barely ran past 2 hours which is on the short end for the average length of a PJ show. They played very similar encores on both nights, which is kind of meh, when your trying to energize a crowd that already saw that the night before... The setlist on the 2nd night was much better.. but it felt like something was missing.

The last few shows I saw in Vancouver were pretty good. I thought the '11 show had lots of energy (except those people in the front). The band played for quite a while (2 hours 40 mins) and blew past the 11pm curfew.

The 2005 was the most energized I've seen a PJ crowd in Vancouver. It was on par with the Springsteen crowd I saw in November. It was electric!
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,978
    I'm really excited going to Vancouver. To see PJ @ the Rogers Arena. The place where my Boston Bruins beat those Canucks for the Stanley Cup!

It's gonna be fun on the bun!!! :D
  • Options
    I've been recommended to go to the EMP Museum in Seattle. Sounds kinda like they have stuff similar to at the Museum at PJ20 but for lots of artists.

Looks pretty cool:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EMP_Museum
    http://www.empmuseum.org/
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
  • Options
    mr_perfectmr_perfect Posts: 153
    demetrios wrote:
    I'm really excited going to Vancouver. To see PJ @ the Rogers Arena. The place where my Boston Bruins beat those Canucks for the Stanley Cup!

bring your bruins jersey and lets see where it gets ya ;-)
  • Options
    mr_perfect wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

bring your bruins jersey and lets see where it gets ya ;-)

Maybe I will. :P
  • Options
    DamianKDamianK Posts: 192
    leekstokie wrote:
    I'm hoping to fly across from the UK for the Seattle gig, always wanted to visit the great city. Just gotta hope I'm lucky in the ten club ticket lotto

Planning on doing the same thing! Hopefully see you there!!
  • Options
    arqarq Posts: 7,938
    Lisa please add me to the list!
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • Options
    14 year old grunge girl me can't believe I'm going to Seattle!!!! 8-):D:lol:shuffles away in shame.....
    <hr>
  • Options
    morello wrote:
    14 year old grunge girl me can't believe I'm going to Seattle!!!! 8-):D:lol:shuffles away in shame.....

I can't believe I'm going to Seattle too. It's been a dream of mine since grade 7 back in junior high school! :D
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    demetrios wrote:

When they announced Vancouver in 2011, I was all excited that PJ were going to play in the same place the Bruins won the cup ... I was all ready to take pics and send them back east to all my friends back home ...

... and then, the disappointment when I realized the Pacific Coliseum was NOT the Rodgers Center.

Sad face - me.

At least I got to see Milan Lucic's retired number on the wall for his time with the Vancouver Giants, as they play at the Pacific Coliseum.

Happy to be in the better of the two buildings this time around, and be heading back in Seattle for the first time since 2009 ... lottery fingers crossed.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    In the words of Jeff Spicoli
    right here dude

I'm in. Flew from NYC to the Gorge shows but never to Seattle proper. Gonna be a blast.

And BC too :crazy:
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    I'll be in on this shindig.
    NERDS!
  • Options
    giventofly69giventofly69 Vancouver Posts: 849
    Seattle is my #3 ... so no hope of getting a ticket through the draw...

But count me in! Whether I have a ticket or not, I am going to head down to Seattle for the weekend ... because I love Seattle and ... hopefully there were be a few 10C single tickets floating around.

:D
    "Your light's reflected now, reflected from afar. We were but stones, your light made us stars."
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,640
    jimed14 wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

When they announced Vancouver in 2011, I was all excited that PJ were going to play in the same place the Bruins won the cup ... I was all ready to take pics and send them back east to all my friends back home ...

... and then, the disappointment when I realized the Pacific Coliseum was NOT the Rodgers Center.

Sad face - me.

At least I got to see Milan Lucic's retired number on the wall for his time with the Vancouver Giants, as they play at the Pacific Coliseum.

Happy to be in the better of the two buildings this time around, and be heading back in Seattle for the first time since 2009 ... lottery fingers crossed.
    The coliseum has pretty good acoustics... Just as good as Roger's Arena IMO. It's just that it's old and not fancy pants, and it's way harder to access by transit. Roger's Arena is right at a skytrain station downtown, which is great for convenience.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Princess BulldozerPrincess Bulldozer Mannheim, Germany Posts: 952
    I wish I could come back for this!
    Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure - science.
    ~Edwin Powell Hubble

Men love to wonder, and that is the seed of science.
    ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Options
    KathiKathi Posts: 1,828
    morello wrote:

haha, your inner 14 year old will love it! :D from all the places I saw on my 2011 US trip, Seattle was my favorite. I can't wait to go back.

Now to get tickets for this show.. :?
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    The coliseum has pretty good acoustics... Just as good as Roger's Arena IMO. It's just that it's old and not fancy pants, and it's way harder to access by transit. Roger's Arena is right at a skytrain station downtown, which is great for convenience.

Actually, I thought the sound at Vancouver 2011 was amongst the worst of any PJ show I've ever been to ... and I was about 15-20th row on the floor.

And yeah, we, along with 1,000 folks, walked for about an hour after the show before we got anywhere near a cab. Which, in the grand scheme of things wasn't all that bad, it was nice out. But glad to hear the pub trans will be better this time around.

Oh, and the awful old person/urine smell in the place the pre-party was ... oh my!

No really, I loved Vancouver! :lol:

Back to Seattle ... yeah ... 2009's preparties were pretty damn fantastic at the bar with the outdoor area. Hopefully something similar can be arranged.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    jimed14 wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Actually, I thought the sound at Vancouver 2011 was amongst the worst of any PJ show I've ever been to ... and I was about 15-20th row on the floor.

And yeah, we, along with 1,000 folks, walked for about an hour after the show before we got anywhere near a cab. Which, in the grand scheme of things wasn't all that bad, it was nice out. But glad to hear the pub trans will be better this time around.

Oh, and the awful old person/urine smell in the place the pre-party was ... oh my!

No really, I loved Vancouver! :lol:

Back to Seattle ... yeah ... 2009's preparties were pretty damn fantastic at the bar with the outdoor area. Hopefully something similar can be arranged.

I agree that the sound in GM Place is way better than the coliseum. I always attributed it to the fact that older arenas weren't built with acoustics in mind. GM Place was built in the mid 90s, and the acoustics were given alot of though.

As you mention too, the location of GM Place is much more convenient as well. I'm glad the 'nucks weren't playing the night they wanted to book.
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:

God Bless the Boston Bruins! God bless Tim Thomas!

Could you imagine how miserable my life would of been had the 'nucks won. I do nothing but bad mouth them, and living in BC I'm surrounded by 'nucks fans.....
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013

oh Jodie! I wish you could come back for this too!

and morello, yes, you should check out EMP, not sure if the Nirvana exhibit will still be there or not, but it is a really great exhibit.

Depending on when you get here, maybe we can go do some 'touristy' things-drive by the Singles apartment, the old Off Ramp and OK Hotel (that area might be under construction though). I know of some other places too... ;)
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:

and morello, yes, you should check out EMP, not sure if the Nirvana exhibit will still be there or not, but it is a really great exhibit.

Depending on when you get here, maybe we can go do some 'touristy' things-drive by the Singles apartment, the old Off Ramp and OK Hotel (that area might be under construction though). I know of some other places too... ;)

I just saw an ad for the OK Hotel. It's now a luxury apartment complex. :cry:
    NERDS!
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013

:(

Just like the old RKCNDY, which is now a Double Tree.

At least I can take her to Magnuson Park...that's still here. :lol:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:

:(

Just like the old RKCNDY, which is now a Double Tree.

At least I can take her to Magnuson Park...that's still here. :lol:

http://www.theokhotel.com/

Just like my favorite Portland club is now a Japanese/Korean restaurant. :evil:

Surprised the Singles Apartments haven't been turned into Micro-housing units yet. :-|
    NERDS!
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:

OMG that would be SO cool!! Any help I can get for doing as many of the 'touristy' things as poss in the time I'm there will be FAB! I don't leave until 6pm on the 9th so have an extra day(including counting on the hopefully 2nd show) so really hoping to check off as many things as possible while I'm there. :)
    <hr>
  • Options
    LOV2ROCKLOV2ROCK Minneapolis/St.Paul Posts: 822
    Put me down + 1
  • Options
    Princess BulldozerPrincess Bulldozer Mannheim, Germany Posts: 952
    RKCNDY wrote:

Lisa, so want to be there!

Jen, EMP is awesome... Spent two days there when I was in Seattle!
    Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure - science.
    ~Edwin Powell Hubble

Men love to wonder, and that is the seed of science.
    ~Ralph Waldo Emerson