Options

10c GA Pits for every date.

Comments

• Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    Normally not a fan of GA, but for Baltimore, what has to be done will be done cuz it's my birthday!! 21st at that--hoping for a sip of Ed's wine to celebrate :D
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,262
    jamburger wrote:
    jervin007 wrote:
    I like this approach for the tour. We'll see how is goes. The one problem I can see is people stubbing down their friends, therefore overpacking the GA. But, thats the nature of the beast

Probably not if they use the combination of ticket stubs and wrist bands like I believe they are using for Wrigley.

easy to stub down if you go with more than 1 person. FYI
  • Options
    jamburgerjamburger Posts: 1,775
    jamburger wrote:
    jervin007 wrote:
    I like this approach for the tour. We'll see how is goes. The one problem I can see is people stubbing down their friends, therefore overpacking the GA. But, thats the nature of the beast

Probably not if they use the combination of ticket stubs and wrist bands like I believe they are using for Wrigley.

Are the wristbands easy to remove and get onto someone else's wrist without showing signs of stress or breakage?
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,605
    ozlifter wrote:

I almost cried, I feel like I have done all this, waited so long, and kept up my number and it has been for nothing. I am was soooooo excited and then I saw the GA and was crushed. It's not being elistest, it's just paying my dues and now it was for nothing. I hate it.

I totally get where you're coming from. I haven't seen the band play in over 10 years because they never play in my area. So, I've been patiently waiting and paying my dues, thinking, my day will come! Just wait. And then, I saw they were playing OKC and Dallas. I was so stoked!!!! Maybe, after all these years, my relatively low 160xxx number will score me a great seat.

Then, I see the GA announcement. I can't be on my feet for long periods of time because of some health issues, so GA is out for me. Not to mention I'm short, and wouldn't be able to see.

I'm still entering for the reserved tickets and hope I get a decent seat that is NOT right behind the GA Pit where I still won't be able to see.

I'm happy that I'll get to see my favorite band again this year. 10 years is WAY too long, although I did see Ed solo last November. I'll take what I can get, although I can't help but be disappointed. Happy for you guys who can do GA.
    It sounds like you are ruining things for yourself. You're going to have a great time, and with that number where you are, you will probably get a really good seat! Do what you want, but I suggest that you stop harshing your own mellow.... It doesn't sound like you have anything to be disappointed about! the show will be great and you'll have a good time - particularly high energy because of the pit getting the band going!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    jamburger wrote:
    jamburger wrote:

Are the wristbands easy to remove and get onto someone else's wrist without showing signs of stress or breakage?
    No. If you stretch them just a bit you can tell they've been stretched. They are pretty unyielding. And after Missoula I actually couldn't get the thing off without using scissors or my teeth.There is no way I could have shared that wrist band. Plus, they check them on your way in. If your wristband was hanging off your wrist enough to be able to just pull it off without damaging it, they wouldn't let you in like that (I guess they would give you a replacement and watch while you put it on). 10c knows what they're doing, and they know every scam in the book and are watching for them.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    At primus a few months ago I had a great spot. Got there very early... didnt piss... didnt move during the set break, etc. Second set started and suddenly my area was super crowded. I was being pushed out of my area sideways... I couldnt even reach my hand up to scratch my nose. Ended up watching the remainder of the show from the very back.

Ga is a poor idea in the usa. There is too much of a general copetitive/go get it/entitlement attitude with very little awareness of others.
    I had a friend I used to go to shows with... the entire tim ed was spent plotting how to get fown to the front. The tricks this guy had... I would not participate.

Other places I can picture people acknowledging "ok you got here first enjoy the spot buddy". Not most people in the states.

i trust people in the 10 club for the most part... but im not sure if everyone is on the same page, or friends, or people who managed to scalp... or people sneaking in
  • Options
    MayDay10 wrote:
    At primus a few months ago I had a great spot. Got there very early... didnt piss... didnt move during the set break, etc. Second set started and suddenly my area was super crowded. I was being pushed out of my area sideways... I couldnt even reach my hand up to scratch my nose. Ended up watching the remainder of the show from the very back.

Ga is a poor idea in the usa. There is too much of a general copetitive/go get it/entitlement attitude with very little awareness of others.
    I had a friend I used to go to shows with... the entire tim ed was spent plotting how to get fown to the front. The tricks this guy had... I would not participate.

Other places I can picture people acknowledging "ok you got here first enjoy the spot buddy". Not most people in the states.

i trust people in the 10 club for the most part... but im not sure if everyone is on the same page, or friends, or people who managed to scalp... or people sneaking in
    My one PJ pit experience wasn't like that at all. It was pretty much all good and respectful in MT, and that wasn't even an all 10c pit. I think it was 50/50.
  • Options
    helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,262
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    No. If you stretch them just a bit you can tell they've been stretched. They are pretty unyielding. And after Missoula I actually couldn't get the thing off without using scissors or my teeth.There is no way I could have shared that wrist band. Plus, they check them on your way in. If your wristband was hanging off your wrist enough to be able to just pull it off without damaging it, they wouldn't let you in like that (I guess they would give you a replacement and watch while you put it on). 10c knows what they're doing, and they know every scam in the book and are watching for them.

rookies. ha ha

bring a mini pair of scissors(dollar store-sewing kit type) and clear gift wrap tape. BINGO YOU ARE IN

you gotta work in pairs

have fun in the PIT :lol:
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:

rookies. ha ha

bring a mini pair of scissors(dollar store-sewing kit type) and clear gift wrap tape. BINGO YOU ARE IN

you gotta work in pairs

have fun in the PIT :lol:
    Well okay, I guess. Doubt that is happening much. And yes! I will have tons of fun in the pit!! Thanks!

Seriously not sure what people saying such things are worried about. You do all know that GA at concerts are really common in the US and that they are pretty much all completely fine, right? I just don't understand where these concerns are coming from. Just people's imaginations, as far as I can tell.
  • Options
    choopchoop Posts: 1,060
    the wording that they have more reserved seats than GA seats, even with GA taking up to 1/2 the floor, makes me think they have a ton of tickets. even with 1/3 of the floor GA, that's probably almost 1000 pairs. looks like if you are going for anything but the NE shows or Seattle, you should be golden.
    "If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: The only proof he needed for the existence of God was music." KV Jr.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,242
    I think GA can be tastefully done.

In my experience the worse GA's are:

1) When the entire venue is GA. Everyone wants to be on floor so it ends up being a clusterfuck.

2) Festivals - If they don't put fences into break the pressure of 100000 people trying to push up front. it sucks.

Best GA formats:

1) When they split the seats and the floor, and only the floor is GA. It limits how many people can be on the floor. Which limits how many people are trying to press to the front.

2) The Springsteen/U2/ and now Pearl Jam method. Divide the floor up and have a pit section in the front. Even less crowd pressure to push to the front.

Conclusion: GA get's worse the more people have access to the GA tickets. The smaller the section, the better it gets. I don't really for see any problems with such a small GA pit.
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    Zod wrote:
    Conclusion: GA get's worse the more people have access to the GA tickets. The smaller the section, the better it gets. I don't really for see any problems with such a small GA pit.
    Not normally the biggest fan of GA, but this and the fact that the pit will be all 10c definitely puts me a bit more at ease about the GA situation!!

Now, if I could only change my 5'3" height, GA would be perfect :lol:
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    NormanNorman Posts: 109
    Zod wrote:

1) When the entire venue is GA. Everyone wants to be on floor so it ends up being a clusterfuck.

2) Festivals - If they don't put fences into break the pressure of 100000 people trying to push up front. it sucks.

Best GA formats:

1) When they split the seats and the floor, and only the floor is GA. It limits how many people can be on the floor. Which limits how many people are trying to press to the front.

2) The Springsteen/U2/ and now Pearl Jam method. Divide the floor up and have a pit section in the front. Even less crowd pressure to push to the front.

I think these are some great points. I like this new system, however I do think they should give seniority to the stoners. Nothing's worse than getting a seat at the end of the row and fearing that security is going to steal your shit. GA solves this problem nicely.
  • Options
    ozlifterozlifter Posts: 50
    edited July 2013
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    It sounds like you are ruining things for yourself. You're going to have a great time, and with that number where you are, you will probably get a really good seat!

I totally get what you're saying - and I even agree with you; I know I'll enjoy the hell out of the show. I really didn't want to be one of those guys who came on here and complained either. Haha. I know 10C is in pretty much an impossible situation here. They're never gonna please everyone.
    But, as a longtime fan who's always had a dream of being up close to stage, but never had the chance, I'm just being honest that it's a little disappointing that it won't quite work out for me this time either.
    But hey, a new album and a ticket to see my favorite band in 4 months? Can't get *much* better than that. ;)
    Love PJ!
    Post edited by ozlifter on
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    Zod wrote:

Best GA formats:

great post!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    So whats the deal? Say the buffalo show I win ga. When do I show up and wait? If im front in line do I still need to sprint to the rail?
  • Options
    choopchoop Posts: 1,060
    MayDay10 wrote:
    So whats the deal? Say the buffalo show I win ga. When do I show up and wait? If im front in line do I still need to sprint to the rail?

knowing how pj fans can be, i'd say 8am, and yes. i'm hoping for the pit but am cool towards the back of it. i did the wait both days in Atlantic City many years ago, and people were definitely there super early.
    "If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: The only proof he needed for the existence of God was music." KV Jr.
  • Options
    So does the gate open... then bedlum? Or are people somewhat cool and dont trample/pass those in front?
  • Options
    DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
    will there be ANY way to get GA tix not through fan club??? I stupidly did not renew.
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • Options
    will there be ANY way to get GA tix not through fan club??? I stupidly did not renew.
    sorry,no..10c already said that at tickets infos..the have the whole GA pit only for the fan club
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,396

If you can post, then you can beg on here. :? Good luck.
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • Options
    My last GA experience with PJ was the 2000 Commodore show in Vancouver and it was awful. It was all radio contest winners, big enough fans to try to win, but a good number of just plain old assholes. And enough of them to ruin the experience. The band clearly didn't enjoy watching the mass of people struggling in front of them the whole time.

I'm one of the lucky ones with an OK membership number that has never been shut out for tickets. I fear this might be the first. And still don't know what to do about GA/Reserved.
    There's a lot to be said for nowhere...
  • Options
    DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131

If you can post, then you can beg on here. :? Good luck.

yea... I've been a member since 06... I waited too long to renew and still retain my number though, or so I thought. I guess I should email 10c and look into it. I've gotten 10c tix in the past and only had ok seats, whereas I paid a little more from a scalper (I know, I know) and had great ones. So this year I waited unsurely on what I wanted to do. Either way, I will end up with good seats! I am determined! But going the pure 10c is the way I always want to go! Planning on Hartford, the Brooklyns and Worcester. But shit, what bad timing to not renew, with this whole GA thing. I've been extremely lucky and seen a lot of shows, but being in college makes it difficult.
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • Options
    MC1173MC1173 Posts: 12
    Don't get me wrong, I think the GA thing is cool. I guess my concern comes down to how big the GA area is going to be and the security of the events.

Even in my older years, I can handle a few assholes in a GA area. But I don't feel like dealing with a situation where they have 1500 tickets reserved for the pit, and 30 minutes into the show there are 3000 people in that 1500 person area.

It's easy to set up a wristband system for the first few rows of a standard show. It's a security nightmare to try and control a large GA area when the lights go down. People just run on by, into the GA crowd and they are in for the duration. Security simply cannot spend the manpower to be looking through thousands of people for wristbands.

The thought of it makes me think "I've seen PJ quite a few times with some solid seats, I don't need that headache of getting crushed by an overpacked GA area." Until I think about the prospect of putting in for reserved seats, and getting selected for the floor area behind the GA...the back of the arena at floor level might be hard to swallow.

Damn...decisions. I'll just be happy if I win some tickets. A show is a show after all.
  • Options
    backseatLover12backseatLover12 Posts: 2,312
    Reading some of these posts make me think that an awful lot of people don't know how to attend a concert. :shock:
  • Options
    LD_and happyLD_and happy Portland, OR Posts: 107
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Yeah, I don't think anyone has anything to really worry about in an all-10C pit. Most members respect each other in the pit I think?

Anyway, I think they have probably gone this way because the seated floors were getting really lame. People just standing there for the most part. That doesn't seem to be what the band need to be pumped on stage. I am assuming they decided to go 10C-only GA because they get the energy that only a pit brings, but keep the pit reasonably controlled with all 10C members. I think it's a great decision. As someone else mentioned, a lot of fans are getting old, especially the ones with seating seniority, and for many (not all) that means they are less and less apt to rock out in a seat (and less apt to go for GA tix, keeping the trees out of pit). That has to be getting lame for the band, which loves to feed off the energy of the crowd in front of the stage, and they knew it was time for a change. Remember Vancouver 2011? I don't think they want a repeat of that shit!

I was wondering how to put my thoughts into words and yours were more eloquent than I could come up with. Us "older" fans (I am 56 and a 10c member since 1995) are getting a bad rap in a lot of the comments being made on this board and I thank you for specifying not all of us are too old to rock out. Hey, I'm closer in age to the guys in the band than most of the "younger" fans on here. That said, I see your point and am happy to have been part of the ride since the beginning, and will ride the ticket wave wherever it takes me.

I respect that and agree. I am 50 and can rock the PJ night as any 10c member. I am the same age or close as most of the boys. To say we can't rock any more is just ridiculous. I'll see you all there and hope for mutual member respect in the pit.
  • Options
    Reading some of these posts make me think that an awful lot of people don't know how to attend a concert. :shock:
    Yeah..some people think GA is like going to Avganistan....
    Well,its not..
  • Options
    MC1173MC1173 Posts: 12
    Well,its not..

I'll admit, it's been a long time since I've been to a show in the GA section. So, I guess that is part of my trepidation here. Heck, one of the last GA shows I attended was a PJ show a long time back in Hartford ( I think it was when they were doing No Code). It got a little nuts in the GA section; but, I had one hell of a time haha.

I have to agree that a GA section would be cool, maybe get more people to rock out instead of just standing about and head-nodding.
  • Options
    MC1173 wrote:
    Well,its not..

I'll admit, it's been a long time since I've been to a show in the GA section. So, I guess that is part of my trepidation here. Heck, one of the last GA shows I attended was a PJ show a long time back in Hartford ( I think it was when they were doing No Code). It got a little nuts in the GA section; but, I had one hell of a time haha.

I have to agree that a GA section would be cool, maybe get more people to rock out instead of just standing about and head-nodding.
    i understand ..its the unknown..but its ok..
    GA shows happen every day..pj plays to other continents all those years GA shows
    we are not worriors here at Europe..isnt a fight or a war....we go to the shows and want to return safe home...its ok..
    no need to mention alot of us are old farts,cant do the shit we did 20 years ago.. :lol:
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,721
    agree with Dimitris here, GA over in Europe for a rock artist like PJ is fairly civilised. Anyone expecting the crowds of 93 and 94 would be way off the mark. Sure you could pop and see rancid and get roughed up by the hard core punks but that's not really on offer here. I was down the front in the thick of it for the 6 shows I saw last year and on at least 4 of those I had my own space.....there was no pushing, shoving, or cramming in. It was very comfortable throughout, yet the energy was incredible.