Options

10c GA Pits for every date.

Comments

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    those tall chicks.. ;)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    So this is what it feels like when 20 years of senority goes up in a puff of smoke.

That above I understand, no matter how little money I had I have kept up my membership since 1996(let it lapse once before then, never again) so 17 years and no show closer then 4 hours from my home in Kentucky in all that time, often more then a 8 hour drive...for almost 20 years just to be close to the band and now my only choices are sit in the back of the floor or get moshed and smashed to just seem them play.

I almost cried, I feel like I have done all this, waited so long, and kept up my number and it has been for nothing. I am was soooooo excited and then I saw the GA and was crushed. It's not being elistest, it's just paying my dues and now it was for nothing. I hate it.
  • Options
    So this is what it feels like when 20 years of senority goes up in a puff of smoke.

That above I understand, no matter how little money I had I have kept up my membership since 1996(let it lapse once before then, never again) so 17 years and no show closer then 4 hours from my home in Kentucky in all that time, often more then a 8 hour drive...for almost 20 years just to be close to the band and now my only choices are sit in the back of the floor or get moshed and smashed to just seem them play.

I almost cried, I feel like I have done all this, waited so long, and kept up my number and it has been for nothing. I am was soooooo excited and then I saw the GA and was crushed. It's not being elistest, it's just paying my dues and now it was for nothing. I hate it.

Yep. I had the same feeling. Maybe if you didn't go through those years of paying dues you really don't understand what it feels to have it all evaporate. This is usually a happy time for me. A good size tour is announced with dates 15 minutes from my house (Hartford) and in the city that I was born and raised (Worcester). I should feel great. And part of me does. But the other half is worried about getting tickets. Should I go GA and risk not getting 10C tickets? Or should I play it safe and get side stage seating? I guess that everyone is wrestling with the same questions.

I guess what bothers me the most is that everyone seems to be vilifying anyone who has a low number. I'm sure that there are some who don't rock out the way that everyone else says they must. But people make it seem like PJ has to take anti-depressants just to get on stage because of the lack of energy. Come on. That's just ludicrous.
    Boston (4/10/94), Hartford (10/2/96), Barre (8/22/98), Hartford (9/13/98), Mansfield (9/15/98 + 9/16/98), Mansfield (8/29/00 + 8/30/00), Mansfield (7/2/03 + 7/11/03), Boston (9/28/04), Hartford (5/13/06), Boston (5/24/06 + 5/25/06), Hartford (6/27/08), Mansfield (6/28/08 + 6/30/08), Philadelphia (10/31/09), Hartford (5/15/10), Worcester (10/15/13 + 10/16/13), Hartford (10/25/13), New York (5/1/16), Boston (8/5/16 + 8/7/16), Boston (9/2/18 + 9/4/18)
  • Options
    MC1173MC1173 Posts: 12
    I like the idea that there will be a GA at every show. It harkens back to old-school PJ shows (I remember being at one in the old Boston Garden where the floor seats were being ripped up because there was no GA area initially). Even though moshing is long over for me, the crowd intensity can be really pumped up with no seats to keep you still.

I'm still on the fence on if I want to do the GA or reserved seating though. In high-intensity GA shows, once the lights go down, folks who want to get into the GA area just come down into it anyhow (regardless if they have tickets). They jump the wall, they run past security, etc...once they make it into the general crowd, they are there to stay for the show. It can make it a little cramped down there haha.
  • Options
    PJ88PJ88 Birthplace of the Toll House Cookie Posts: 1,074
    MC1173 wrote:
    I like the idea that there will be a GA at every show. It harkens back to old-school PJ shows (I remember being at one in the old Boston Garden where the floor seats were being ripped up because there was no GA area initially). Even though moshing is long over for me, the crowd intensity can be really pumped up with no seats to keep you still.

I'm still on the fence on if I want to do the GA or reserved seating though. In high-intensity GA shows, once the lights go down, folks who want to get into the GA area just come down into it anyhow (regardless if they have tickets). They jump the wall, they run past security, etc...once they make it into the general crowd, they are there to stay for the show. It can make it a little cramped down there haha.

The chairs being ripped out happened on the first night of the two Garden shows in '94. I saw it happening and everyone was passing them around! :lol: Between the band/music/energy and the craziness in the stands these were awesome shows and an amazing time to be a fan! I sure miss those days! :D
  • Options
    PedalBrake88PedalBrake88 Posts: 7
    edited July 2013
    Post edited by PedalBrake88 on
    trying to find an approach ... and a way to live.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    qcrete wrote:
    this is a big mistake by the band and ten club
    GA pits are DANGEROUS
    hopefully history doesn't repeat itself
    http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/112170 ... eath.jhtml
    :fp: :fp: :fp:
    That was in really bad taste.

Yup, super lame.
  • Options
    WhyNotSwedenWhyNotSweden Sweden Posts: 4,270

Sad that you don't like to se youre favourit band from another place than row 3, i becom a member 1993, they have played here 3 times since that, all GA. Most of us are over 30 now and not that athlets any more. I'm going to London and Wrigley, didnt win any lottery but still happy to be inside the house, but thats me.
    -95, Stockholm (MirrorBall Tour)
    -00, Stockholm
    -07, Copenhagen
    -09, Berlin
    -10, Berlin
    -11, East Troy 1+2
    -12, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, EV London 2
    -13, London, Chicago
    -14, Amsterdam 1+2, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo
    -16, TOTD San Francisco 1+2
    -17, EV Amsterdam 2+3
    -18, Amsterdam 1+2, London 1+(2), Barcelona, London 2
    -19, EV Brussels

• Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,721
    The low number team all seem convinced of their right to sit front row

I can't imagine why

So you think if I've been a customer of my bank longer I should be able to Waltze to the first cashier ahead of everyone else?

Ok the bank didnt promise seniority ... Although not did PJ forever. It was a perk that wasn't even there when many of the complainers first joined. Times change.
  • Options
    WhyNotSwedenWhyNotSweden Sweden Posts: 4,270
    pdalowsky wrote:
    The low number team all seem convinced of their right to sit front row

I can't imagine why

So you think if I've been a customer of my bank longer I should be able to Waltze to the first cashier ahead of everyone else?

Ok the bank didnt promise seniority ... Although not did PJ forever. It was a perk that wasn't even there when many of the complainers first joined. Times change.
    They do still get the best seats in the house :fp:

Reserved Seating:
    Reserved seated tickets are being held for the Ten Club in some of the best seat locations in the house, which include floor seats behind the GA pit and 100 level seats. Reserved seated tickets are assigned to members based on seniority in the Ten Club. Remember: public seated tickets fall behind the fan club seats, so no matter your seniority your fan club seats still put you at an advantage. There will be more reserved seated tickets than GA tickets for Ten Club members.
    -95, Stockholm (MirrorBall Tour)
    -00, Stockholm
    -07, Copenhagen
    -09, Berlin
    -10, Berlin
    -11, East Troy 1+2
    -12, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, EV London 2
    -13, London, Chicago
    -14, Amsterdam 1+2, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo
    -16, TOTD San Francisco 1+2
    -17, EV Amsterdam 2+3
    -18, Amsterdam 1+2, London 1+(2), Barcelona, London 2
    -19, EV Brussels

• Options
    helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,262
    i have a decent 10c#, joined in 1997
    i dont want ga
    BUT i dont want reserved back of the floor...behind the ga pit...

i'm trying to find out if i can pick level 100(lowest level) and not back of floor reserved

anyone know?

i'm so confused...
  • Options
    jamburgerjamburger Posts: 1,775
    i dont want ga

i'm trying to find out if i can pick level 100(lowest level) and not back of floor reserved

anyone know?

i'm so confused...

You can't. Instead, have faith that the 10 Club management has seen the inside of an arena before and understands that low sides wings would be more appropriate to satisfy the priority seating perk than 1/3 to 1/2 back on the floor.
  • Options
    Who I AmWho I Am Posts: 647
    Step 1 - wait in GA line three days
    Step 2 - upon entering venue, run to nearest concession stand to buy two gatorade bottles
    Step 3 - ensure each bottle is large enough to hold two solid urinations
    Step 4 - get as far up front as possible
    Step 5 - sell 2nd bottle to purple faced fan during first encore break
    02MAY2003 - State College, PA
    08JUL2003 - New York, NY (L@TG)
    14JUL2003 - Holmdel, NJ
    01OCT2004 - Reading, PA
    01OCT2005 - Atlantic City, NJ
    03OCT2005 - Philadelphia, PA
    27MAY2006 - Camden, NJ
    01JUN2006 - East Rutherford, NJ
    03JUN2006 - East Rutherford, NJ
    30SEP2009 - Universal City, CA
    09OCT2009 - San Diego, CA
    06JUL2011 - Long Beach, CA (EV)
    19JUL2013 - Wrigley Field, IL
    21OCT2013 - Philadelphia, PA
    22OCT2013 - Philadelphia, PA
    27OCT2013 - Baltimore, MD
    29APR2016 - Philadelphia, PA (TEN)
    05AUG2016 - Fenway Park, MA
    07AUG2016 - Fenway Park, MA
    27AUG2016 - Dana Point, CA (Ohana)
    18AUG2018 - Wrigley Field, IL
    20AUG2018 - Wrigley Field, IL
    18SEP2021 - Asbury Park, NJ
    14SEP2022 - Camden, NJ

• Options
    jamburger wrote:
    i dont want ga

anyone know?

i'm so confused...

You can't. Instead, have faith that the 10 Club management has seen the inside of an arena before and understands that low sides wings would be more appropriate to satisfy the priority seating perk than 1/3 to 1/2 back on the floor.

true dat. IMO back of the floor are some of the worst seats you can get.

i tried looking for the ticket link but couldn't find it
    anyone have that? thanks :)
  • Options
    i dont want ga

anyone know?

i'm so confused...
    and thats exactly here is the problem with what to pick.,
    cos imo they should say how they will work seniority and what tickets will give based seniority
    so the 1st lower number will get behind the GA or at 100 section??
    and has to do with the venue,,others are different the arena,smnaller,or the 100 section
    i believe they should clear that,before people make their choice with lottery..
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    I dont like the idea of ga. Lots of shitty experiences with pushy people and overcrowding. It may get me closer than I could otherwise be... but im sure I would spend the night fighting and clawing to keep my spot.
  • Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    i dont want ga

anyone know?

i'm so confused...

I was a little further back on the floor for Boston 2010 (would have preferred the wings), but still had a great time. The one perk to Pearl Jam shows is that you are often surrounded by awesome fans that really add to your experience, no matter where your seats end up being
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    MayDay10 wrote:
    I dont like the idea of ga. Lots of shitty experiences with pushy people and overcrowding. It may get me closer than I could otherwise be... but im sure I would spend the night fighting and clawing to keep my spot.

Completely agree. There's always a few assholes in GA that ruin it.
  • Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    MayDay10 wrote:

I like this approach for the tour. We'll see how is goes. The one problem I can see is people stubbing down their friends, therefore overpacking the GA. But, thats the nature of the beast
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    does the lottery rows 1&2 and 9&10 even apply anymore, now that ga is up front. i assume not
  • Options
    NoloadNoload Monticello, Georgia Posts: 1,630
    Who I Am wrote:
    Step 1 - wait in GA line three days
    Step 2 - upon entering venue, run to nearest concession stand to buy two gatorade bottles
    Step 3 - ensure each bottle is large enough to hold two solid urinations
    Step 4 - get as far up front as possible
    Step 5 - sell 2nd bottle to purple faced fan during first encore break
    So true. I've noticed now that if you imply that GA can be more dangerous than reserved floor seating, you've crossed a line. :lol:
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    jervin007 wrote:
    MayDay10 wrote:

I like this approach for the tour. We'll see how is goes. The one problem I can see is people stubbing down their friends, therefore overpacking the GA. But, thats the nature of the beast

Re: Assholes -- that's what security is there for. I've seen people complain to security about assholes that resulted in either the asshole's removal or a curtailing of asshole behavior.

You've just gotta speak up.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    it would be great if 10c let us know our seats BEFORE the general on sale

but ummmmm
  • Options
    jamburgerjamburger Posts: 1,775
    jervin007 wrote:

Probably not if they use the combination of ticket stubs and wrist bands like I believe they are using for Wrigley.
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884
    Like the idea of GA, just don't like the idea of having to choose using priority on GA OR seating. think it would have been better if you won a pair for a show, they filled up GA first with winners, and after that it went to seating. Or allowing winners to opt out of GA if they preferred. Way it is now, it seems everyone has a smaller chance at a smaller allotment of seats, and your chances decrease with the more shows you try for.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,890
    I LOVE the idea of GA, assuming I can actually win a pair of tix!!!
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    jervin007 wrote:
    [

or now finally,some friend can go all together in the show,and not to pick just one..and be more than 2 at the same place !!
  • Options
    ozlifterozlifter Posts: 50

I totally get where you're coming from. I haven't seen the band play in over 10 years because they never play in my area. So, I've been patiently waiting and paying my dues, thinking, my day will come! Just wait. And then, I saw they were playing OKC and Dallas. I was so stoked!!!! Maybe, after all these years, my relatively low 160xxx number will score me a great seat.

Then, I see the GA announcement. I can't be on my feet for long periods of time because of some health issues, so GA is out for me. Not to mention I'm short, and wouldn't be able to see.

I'm still entering for the reserved tickets and hope I get a decent seat that is NOT right behind the GA Pit where I still won't be able to see.

I'm happy that I'll get to see my favorite band again this year. 10 years is WAY too long, although I did see Ed solo last November. I'll take what I can get, although I can't help but be disappointed. Happy for you guys who can do GA.
  • Options
    iamicaiamica Chicago Posts: 2,628
    does the lottery rows 1&2 and 9&10 even apply anymore, now that ga is up front. i assume not

I highly doubt it, since there basically is no front row anymore. I think they're going to get rid of that lottery altogether.

I wish they would create an option, when we're selecting preferences (seating/GA), to choose between back of the floor or seats near the side of the stage. I would choose side seats over back of the floor seats any day of the week.
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
  • Options
    iamica wrote:

I highly doubt it, since there basically is no front row anymore. I think they're going to get rid of that lottery altogether.

I wish they would create an option, when we're selecting preferences (seating/GA), to choose between back of the floor or seats near the side of the stage. I would choose side seats over back of the floor seats any day of the week.
    i think all fans saying that..would be cool if they say it before you enter the lottery

for me ,they should give the option,like ,add me for 100 level,if not score put me in for seated behind GA

BUT..then,you will loose you number 1 priority,and you go behind all the others put number 1 priority the seated behind GA..
    meaning,difficult to score..

maybe they put another choice,like the best available??