Options

10c GA Pits for every date.

strummersstrummers Posts: 2,611
edited July 2013 in The Porch
Sweet - about time the States got a shot at GA gigs. There's nothing better! Makes it more worth a trip over the pond. Only thing we need now is that lottery win :D

However, let the bitching commence.... ;)
http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
http://www.strummersphotography.com

<object width="360" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><PARAM NAME=FlashVars VALUE="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow"><embed src="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf&quot; FlashVars="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="360" height="300"></embed></object>
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    fugawzifugawzi Posts: 874
    Good. I was hoping for this. With GA, at least everyone has a fair shot at getting a good spot regardless of member #. I know this bothers some of the senior members with really low numbers who kept their membership current, unlike me who let it lapse twice (I was 16, fuck!) Anyway it's nice for us that don't have great numbers for whatever reason. The lottery kinda scares me though, u might not even get the chance. I do like this new ticketing system that 10C seems to be moving toward.
    West Palm 2000 I & II/West Palm '03/Tampa '03/Kissimmee '04/Vic Theater '07/West Palm '08/Tampa '08/NYC MSG I & II '08/Philly Spectrum III & IV '09/Cleveland '10/Bristow '10/PJ20 I & II 2011/Pensacola '12/Pittsburgh '13/Denver '14
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,243
    Is the whole floor GA or are they doing a small GA pit up front?

It would change my strategy for acquiring tickets. IE it would suck to waste your #1 pref on something that only has a hundred or so pair of tickets, but if the floor was GA, its not nearly as risky.
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Zod wrote:

It would change my strategy for acquiring tickets. IE it would suck to waste your #1 pref on something that only has a hundred or so pair of tickets, but if the floor was GA, its not nearly as risky.

one half to one third of the floor, depending on the venue.
    GA (General Admission Standing) Tickets:
    Pearl Jam has decided to include a GA pit in front of the stage at each venue taking up 1/3 -1/2 of the floor. Ten Club has acquired the entire GA pit for fan club members only; therefore there will not be a need for early entry. Please know there are less GA pit tickets available in the drawing then there are reserved seated tickets. If you are not interested in standing for the entirety of the show, do not enter the drawing for GA tickets.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    GoatboyGoatboy Posts: 509
    I think they said 1/3 to 1/2 the floor will be GA. They can cram a lot of people into that space.
  • Options
    GoatboyGoatboy Posts: 509
    I think they said 1/3 to 1/2 the floor will be GA. They can cram a lot of people into that space.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    ..Was about fuckin time... :mrgreen:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Given2FlyGiven2Fly Seattle Posts: 168
    Yeah, floor layout would be nice to know prior to putting in my choice. Ticketmaster has a page up for the show, but it doesn't have a seating chart selected for it.. *sigh*! Also Zod, if we're both GA can you get there like 48 hours early and hold some space for me.. THANKS BUDDY! :)
  • Options
    ZnqQ5.gif
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    pulling69pulling69 KIAD Posts: 982
    Zod wrote:

The 10C ticket info for the tour says the GA pit will be 1/3 to 1/2 off the floor depending on the venue.
    "Populated with every reject and cutthroat from Bombay to Calcutta. It's worse than Detroit."
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,606
    This is amazing news! Vancouver NEEDS a GA floor - otherwise, the crowds tend to have problems being fun. So I am STOKED about this!! Of course I chose Vancouver GA 1st, then reserved 2nd (and Spokane GA 3rd, reserved 4th)... If I end up with reserved, I will still do my best to find GA, and get my reserved to other 10C members. I think I might actually have a solid chance at GA this time, which is a nice change from the Wrigley situation. :)

(PS - wow. that was a lot of buildup just for a tour announcement.... and the start of a new countdown. LOL)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Zod wrote:

I hope everyone has that attitude, and I'm the only person who put GA as their 1st choice. :P
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    So this is what it feels like when 20 years of senority goes up in a puff of smoke.
    Boston (4/10/94), Hartford (10/2/96), Barre (8/22/98), Hartford (9/13/98), Mansfield (9/15/98 + 9/16/98), Mansfield (8/29/00 + 8/30/00), Mansfield (7/2/03 + 7/11/03), Boston (9/28/04), Hartford (5/13/06), Boston (5/24/06 + 5/25/06), Hartford (6/27/08), Mansfield (6/28/08 + 6/30/08), Philadelphia (10/31/09), Hartford (5/15/10), Worcester (10/15/13 + 10/16/13), Hartford (10/25/13), New York (5/1/16), Boston (8/5/16 + 8/7/16), Boston (9/2/18 + 9/4/18)
  • Options
    I think it sounds like people with bad 10C numbers will have a hard time getting on the floor:

" Names will be selected for each ticket type taking your priority into consideration. "

So I think this means if there is 1 set of GA tix left and they pull member # 333xxx and member number 233xxx the guy with #333xxx isn't getting GA.

right or wrong?

On second thought, I guess priority means the priority in which you selected your show preferences and not 10C number.
    Gorge
  • Options
    guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,396
    So this is what it feels like when 20 years of senority goes up in a puff of smoke.

Certainly some "elitests" will have a problem with this :shock:

Now more people will "earn" their right to be up close.

Me, as long as I am "in the building" I"ll be happy :mrgreen: .
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • Options
    NoloadNoload Monticello, Georgia Posts: 1,630
    Yep
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • Options
    Nop..if u chooce seated you will get your seats by seniority..they have the best seats in the house..
    only the house now,has differnt design...
    the living room of the new house is behind the childrens playgroom

who said the seats must be located in front of stage??

are we fools all those years as europeans that paid and keep memebership even when they dont tour every year at europe and seniority never matters cos we have only GA shows?

seniority still counts for the seated area..at GA shows,all the same..i think all understand that..

no need to mentiun is epic they have the entire GA for the fan club!!EPIC!!
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I think it sounds like people with bad 10C numbers will have a hard time getting on the floor:

" Names will be selected for each ticket type taking your priority into consideration. "

So I think this means if there is 1 set of GA tix left and they pull member # 333xxx and member number 233xxx the guy with #333xxx isn't getting GA.

right or wrong?

On second thought, I guess priority means the priority in which you selected your show preferences and not 10C number.
    Yeah, they mean the priority of your ticket selections. Seniority doesn't apply for GA, just reserved seat selection.... And I would like to say that that is fantastic, both for me personally, as someone with a really high number, as well as for the GA crowd... A GA crowd packed with ONLY middle aged+ people for an entire tour sounds like a very stupid thing, and if PJ fans who are complaining about this care about the band and logic at all, they'd realize that filling GA with only very old members would hurt the band as far as getting and keeping new fans goes.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    jonsey30jonsey30 Rochester Hills, MI Posts: 998
    I agree with PJ_Soul. Also, for us newer members, we don't have another twenty years to build up seniority. Our chances are dwindeling to see them up close, and I don't think it makes good sense to never allow new members to get into the front. Besides, seniority does count for the reserved section, which I would probably prefer most of the time. I just want GA at one of these upcoming shows to push my way to the front, but otherwise an assigned seat is much easier, and better view/less tall people in front of you.
    7/19/13 - Wrigley Field, Chicago, IL
    10/11/13 - Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/13 - Buffalo, NY
    10/16/2014 - Detroit, MI
    5/10/2016 - Toronto, ON
    3/24/2020 - Hamilton, ON
    9/7/2023 - Chicago, IL

• Options
    choopchoop Posts: 1,060
    this is going to be so great for the energy level of the shows. no more arms crossed during songs, no more mass exodus during even flow.

even if it's to your detriment seating wise, i don't see how you couldn't love this. time for some new blood up front, and the band will feed of it.
    "If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: The only proof he needed for the existence of God was music." KV Jr.
  • Options
    choop wrote:
    this is going to be so great for the energy level of the shows. no more arms crossed during songs, no more mass exodus during even flow.

even if it's to your detriment seating wise, i don't see how you couldn't love this. time for some new blood up front, and the band will feed of it.
    +1!
  • Options
    You can see with the changes over the years the band got frustrated with seniority. Once Seniority took over seat allocation most people with a decent fan club number (or even mediocre one) remember to renew every year. You had some people quit or forget, but an overwhelming percentage keeps renewing. This means that no one gains club seniority. Which means the same people got the best seats for over a decade with no end in sight. No matter how long subsequent members were in, they'd never get tickets that good.

That being said. The double lottery at each show is driving me nuts. I'd like to go to Seattle and Vancouver. From my experience Seattle is in more demand than Vancouver (even more so when they play both cities back to back, because the most in demand Vancouver shows I've been too is when Seattle wasn't part of the same leg). So if it were one lottery per show, I'd go Seattle #1, Vancouver #2 and let it go at that. Let the 10c sort of where I sit.

By having two lotteries it really makes it confusing. I think most people want to be in the pit. So to make sure I got Seattle, Id choose PIT #1, Reserver #2, Vancouver #3, Vancouver #4.

Probably still don't have the odds to get seattle, and by putting both seattle first, I'd more then likely lose any shot at having good Vancouver tickets.

I sort of wish they'd put each show up as one lottery and if they want random people up front, random draw people to be in the put (like they did for those 4 rows). It'd be much less confusing and stressful :)
  • Options
    choop wrote:

great to see some people really got whats going on here..way to go Sir!!
  • Options
    Zod wrote:
    You can see with the changes over the years the band got frustrated with seniority. Once Seniority took over seat allocation most people with a decent fan club number (or even mediocre one) remember to renew every year. You had some people quit or forget, but an overwhelming percentage keeps renewing. This means that no one gains club seniority. Which means the same people got the best seats for over a decade with no end in sight. No matter how long subsequent members were in, they'd never get tickets that good.

That being said. The double lottery at each show is driving me nuts. I'd like to go to Seattle and Vancouver. From my experience Seattle is in more demand than Vancouver (even more so when they play both cities back to back, because the most in demand Vancouver shows I've been too is when Seattle wasn't part of the same leg). So if it were one lottery per show, I'd go Seattle #1, Vancouver #2 and let it go at that. Let the 10c sort of where I sit.

By having two lotteries it really makes it confusing. I think most people want to be in the pit. So to make sure I got Seattle, Id choose PIT #1, Reserver #2, Vancouver #3, Vancouver #4.

Probably still don't have the odds to get seattle, and by putting both seattle first, I'd more then likely lose any shot at having good Vancouver tickets.

I sort of wish they'd put each show up as one lottery and if they want random people up front, random draw people to be in the put (like they did for those 4 rows). It'd be much less confusing and stressful :)
    I would agree with you, except that random drawing for GA wouldn't work, as many people can't or won't do GA. Not everyone is cut out to stand for 3 or 4 hours straight, or simply prefer to have a seat... But yeah, otherwise, I agree. I had to pick Vancouver GA #1, Vancouver reserved #2, and then Spokane GA #3, Spokane reserved #4.... and it definitely made me worry that I wouldn't score anything at all. But that being said, there is no reason that we can't just find a 10C ticket from another member after the fact - hopefully, at least.
    (I am so bummed I can't go to the Seattle show. I have to work that Friday, and there is no way I can take it off. :cry: Spokane is not my first choice for a weekend getaway! :lol: Oh well!
  • Options
    qcreteqcrete Posts: 133
    this is a big mistake by the band and ten club
    GA pits are DANGEROUS
    hopefully history doesn't repeat itself
    http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/112170 ... eath.jhtml
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    I love the idea of GA, but the idea of having floor seats behind GA may be a bad move.

Those who have been to many concerts know very well that these are usually the worse seats to be in. I think the TC may have dropped the ball on this one.
  • Options
    NormanNorman Posts: 109
    edited July 2013
    I've been a member for about 17 years and I think GA is a great idea. Hopefully this will bring some energy to the Key in Seattle
    Post edited by Norman on
  • Options
    jamburgerjamburger Posts: 1,775
    qcrete wrote:
    GA pits are DANGEROUS

How many people on the grounds at Roskilde vs. how many people on 1/2 to 1/3 of the floor of a U.S. arena?
  • Options
    qcrete wrote:
    GA pits are DANGEROUS
    :fp: :fp: :fp:
    That was in really bad taste.
  • Options
    You could do Calgary over Spokane.

The time you save driving south can be used to drive west :) Albeit the I90 is a much nicer highway than the #1.

Still trying to figure out to work the system the best...

If I want a shot at both shows in GA.. it'd probably be Seattle GA #1, Vancouver GA #2. Could blow up in my face, but I could get lucky on the Seattle, and then maybe demand would be low enough for Vancouver to go into 2nd choices? Just as likely I could lose the Seattle Draw, and Vancouver #1 choices would of used up all the Vancouver GA spots.

The play it safer method would be to go for Vancouver GA #1, Seattle Reserved #2. Less people at the Vancouver show, Higher chance of winning GA, and then be on the same playing field for reserved as all the people who lost out.

Is there a difference once you get past #1 preference? or do they put all the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, people in the same pool for the additional tickets? If that were the cast then I'd go Vancouver GA #1, Seattle GA #2, Seattle Reserved #2.

ahhh! :)
  • Options
    Red Lukin wrote:
    I love the idea of GA, but the idea of having floor seats behind GA may be a bad move.

Those who have been to many concerts know very well that these are usually the worse seats to be in. I think the TC may have dropped the ball on this one.
    They're really no different than being in the back half of a full GA floor, except you have a seat, so it's not that bad... However, it would have been very cool if they just had GA floor for every show. Oh well.