Options

PEARL JAM ANNOUNCES FALL 2013 NORTH AMERICAN TOUR DATES

Comments

• Options
    rearviewrossrearviewross Posts: 3,055
    Apparently one show in Chicago covers 40 states for PJ. Pretty much what I expected.
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.
  • Options
    pn262980pn262980 Posts: 67
    edited July 2013
    Oh well, hopefully this means an Australian/New Zealand tour next year :?:

Has anyone noticed that the countdown clock has restarted? 2 days 23hrs. MMM radio say that they will be playing the new single Friday morning.
    Post edited by pn262980 on
  • Options
    FitPearlFitPearl Posts: 744
    nevmiles wrote:
    No Canadian shows east of Calgary? Not even Toronto? That's surprising and too bad.

Guess I'm missing this tour then! Boo-urns. I just can't drive all the way to Buffalo or Pittsburgh..... or take the extra time off required.

lets just hope four this second countdown... ;)
    "Pearl Jam are not just a band, they are a choice, and if you make that choice, you become one of the few lucky people on this planet to have your life enriched by the greatest gift that music ever gave" -- substitute

To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy

Pearl Jam is the Boxer. We're just happy to be the bag -- Aaron Cunningham,Fanviews '98
  • Options
    jmosherjmosher Posts: 34
    I just wanted to thank Pearl Jam for saving me over $150. My government mandated furlough starts this week and since Pearl Jam is no closer than 12 hours to SLC, I will have to pass. I was fortunate enough to see them in Missoula last Sept. so I feel okay about it. I hope others enjoy the show.

Jeremy
  • Options
    StoneyCreekerStoneyCreeker Stoney Creek, Ontario Posts: 89
    nevmiles wrote:
    No Canadian shows east of Calgary? Not even Toronto? That's surprising and too bad.

Guess I'm missing this tour then! Boo-urns. I just can't drive all the way to Buffalo or Pittsburgh..... or take the extra time off required.

Buffalo is only an extra hour or so drive from Toronto depending on the time of day and it is a SaturdaY night!
    2000 - 10/05 Toronto, ACC
    2006 - 05/10 Toronto, ACC
    2011 - 09/12 Toronto, ACC
    2013 - 07/16 London, Budweiser Gardens, 10/12 Buffalo, First Niagara Centre
    2015 - 09/15 Hamilton, Copps Coliseum 
    2016 - 05/08 Ottawa, Cdn Tire Centre, 05/10 Toronto, ACC

• Options
    mooseflynmooseflyn Posts: 4
    Has anyone gotten any details on how we can purchace/enter the drawing for 10 Club members? I have not gotten anything and can't find any information other than what is on the announcement that states that 10C tickets go on sale today. This is stressing me out, please help!
  • Options
    Has anyone gotten any details on how we can purchace/enter the drawing for 10 Club members? I have not gotten anything and can't find any information other than what is on the announcement that states that 10C tickets go on sale today. This is stressing me out, please help!
  • Options
    At least we don't have to worry about them dodging Phillips Arena in Atlanta for the far better Arena out of town Duluth.

Very impressed with some of the venue choices, which seem to follow along with the genius that was Grand Rapids, Columbia, and others. Too bad those two cities didn't get a repeat. Don't sleep on 3-sided arenas, or barns under 15k, like Duluth, GA actually. Magic happens there.
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,212
    Alright, time to start planning a trip. 8-)
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    mooseflyn wrote:

go into my account, ten club tickets, click on those you want to have name in lottery for and wait 'till 15th

• Options
    nevmilesnevmiles Ottawa, ON Posts: 1,363
    nevmiles wrote:

Buffalo is only an extra hour or so drive from Toronto depending on the time of day and it is a SaturdaY night!

Yeah . . . now you've got me thinking about it . . . . if I can find a hotel! Just looked for fun and many are already sold out on the 12th!!! Crazy.
    Barrie 08/22/98
    Montreal 10/04/00
    Toronto 10/05/00
    Toronto 06/28/03
    Kitchener 09/11/05
    Ottawa 09/16/05
    Toronto 08/21/09
    Toronto 09/11/11
    Ottawa 09/14/11
    Buffalo 10/12/13
    Ottawa 05/08/16
    Chicago 08/20/18
    Ottawa 09/03/22
    Nashville 09/16/22
  • Options
    oysterjaroysterjar NH Posts: 1,235
    pn262980 wrote:

Has anyone noticed that the countdown clock has restarted? 2 days 23hrs. MMM radio say that they will be playing the new single Friday morning.

THIS!!!!!!!! WHY and WHAT is this?!?! I can't handle another countdown!!¡! :shock:

Wind this thing up.

• Options
    SpokenSpoken Posts: 1,451
    What does this mean exactly?
    "- Names will be selected for each ticket type taking your priority into consideration. "
  • Options
    nevmiles wrote:
    nevmiles wrote:

Yeah . . . now you've got me thinking about it . . . . if I can find a hotel! Just looked for fun and many are already sold out on the 12th!!! Crazy.

If nothing in Buffalo, could always stay in Fort Erie or Niagara Falls .... just throwing out some options!

• Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,258
    I'm bringing the next niece in line-my twin's youngest daughter. I took her sister to the 2008 show.

I didn't think GA would work for us as I would worry a lot about her, and I would worry about the heat for me.

I'm very excited about the time of year, and that it's near Baltimore.

I'm so excited! :D
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,506
    Wonder who the openers will be.

And I say they add dates in MA, Oak and Seattle.

Maybe an Albany date also
  • Options
    BigGreen10BigGreen10 Posts: 24
    edited July 2013
    Honestly we suck as a crowd. Wish I could get Florida fans to be better but I dont think that's going to happen.

Road trip to visit some friends in some far off places awaits.

Can't Wait.
    Post edited by BigGreen10 on
    1996-10-07 Ft. Lauderdale FL
    1998-09-23 WPB FL
    2000-08-12 Tampa FL
    2003-04-13 Tampa FL
    2004-10-08 Kissimmee FL
    2006-06-23 Pittsburgh PA
    2008-06-14 Manchester TN, Bonnaroo
    2011-09-03/04 East Troy, WI
    2013-10-12 Buffalo, NY
    2013-10-15 Wooster, MA
  • Options
    AlfonzAlfonz Posts: 125
    Living in Austin, I feel a bit miffed that they'd come so close and play Dallas, but not also make it to the best music city in Texas. Considering some of the places they are playing ... it's not like Austin is "too small" for this tour. Many other cities didn't make the cut, but from a selfish perspective, I am naturally disappointed with no show where I live. At least Dallas is somewhat nearby, so happy enough they are least within reasonable driving distance.

The F1 Grand Prix weekend is in Austin over November 15-17. Maybe that had something to do with clashing with their schedule. But the way the dates have fallen, I wish that F1 had arranged something (last year there was a lot of music that was associated with the race festivities, I think Aerosmith/Cheap Trick were the big act). I have a forlorn hope PJ might still have something to do with the race (on the 14th/17th), but can't announce it just yet. They have a great venue at the track as well, though I don't know the logistics with using it for a concert on say the 17th after the race. Lots of people/trash/cars to deal with.
  • Options
    SpokenSpoken Posts: 1,451
    Hi-please help me understand this...
    In regards to tickets and GA etc?
    " - Names will be selected for each ticket type taking your priority into consideration. "
  • Options
    logan5ivelogan5ive Dallas, TX Posts: 469
    Wonder who the openers will be.

And I say they add dates in MA, Oak and Seattle.

Maybe an Albany date also

yes no yes

no
    1993 - Dallas ~~~ 1995 - Red Rocks I & II | Austin ~~~ 1998 - St Louis | Kansas City | Dallas | Raleigh | Atlanta | Birmingham | Greenville | Knoxville | Virginia Beach ~~~ 2000 - New Orleans | Memphis | Nashville | Noblesville | Cincinnati | Columbus | Houston I & II | Dallas | Las Vegas | LA | San Diego | San Bernardino | Sacramento | San Francisco ~~~ 2003 - OKC | San Antonio | Houston | Dallas | Little Rock | Camden I & II | MSG I & II ~~~ 2004 - Boston I & II | St Louis ~~~ 2005 - Gorge | Vancouver | Kitchener | London | Hamilton ~~~ 2006 - Las Vegas | Gorge I & II | Honolulu ~~~ 2008 - MSG I & II ~~~ 2009 - Seattle I & II | Vancouver | Portland | ACL | Philly I-IV ~~~ 2010 - Kansas City | St Louis ~~~ 2011 - PJ20 I & II ~~~ 2013 - Wrigley | Dallas | OKC ~~~ 2014 - ACL I | Tulsa | Moline | St Paul | Milwaukee | Denver ~~~ 2022 - OKC ~~~ 2023 - FW I & II | Austin I & II ~~~ 2024* - Seattle I & II | Wrigley I & II
    [82*]
  • Options
    Thank you!!!
    mooseflyn wrote:

go into my account, ten club tickets, click on those you want to have name in lottery for and wait 'till 15th
  • Options
    alskaraokealskaraoke Posts: 66
    General Admission vs Reserved

I spoke to tenclub tix about the drawing and they said is was all computer automated. I was concerned that if I choose both reserved and general admission that it would hurt my chances at GA if I was drawn out for reserve tix first. When speaking to them they made it sound like it was all drawn at the same time. I never fare well at these drawings anyways. Now it makes it become more of a strategy with first choice selection. Well its still a awesome job at making it an option this year. I may just go the safest route and get reserved. My number is low enough not to complain. The venue in Baltimore is so small every seat in the house will be great. 13-14 thousand small. Sorry to all the fans these two legs skipped. Fly in to Bmore and ride in with us! We cant wait.
  • Options
    cellens1cellens1 Posts: 1
    Does anyone know what the new countdown is for??

Thanks in advance!
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    alskaraoke wrote:

I spoke to tenclub tix about the drawing and they said is was all computer automated. I was concerned that if I choose both reserved and general admission that it would hurt my chances at GA if I was drawn out for reserve tix first. When speaking to them they made it sound like it was all drawn at the same time. I never fare well at these drawings anyways. Now it makes it become more of a strategy with first choice selection. Well its still a awesome job at making it an option this year. I may just go the safest route and get reserved. My number is low enough not to complain. The venue in Baltimore is so small every seat in the house will be great. 13-14 thousand small. Sorry to all the fans these two legs skipped. Fly in to Bmore and ride in with us! We cant wait.
    i think you understand the system right and will do the right choice..just saying/..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    cellens1 wrote:
    Does anyone know what the new countdown is for??

Thanks in advance!
    music!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    that countdown was a letdown.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    dande1135dande1135 Posts: 8
    Spoken wrote:
    Hi-please help me understand this...
    In regards to tickets and GA etc?
    " - Names will be selected for each ticket type taking your priority into consideration. "

It means that all "1st choice" for any given show will be given a ticket before any 2nd, 3rd, etc.

Eg. So if there are 300 Pit GA's for a given show, and 200 people select Pit GA as their first choice for that show, all 200 will get tickets. If 200 more people selected that show, Pit GA as their "2nd Choice" they have a 50/50 shot.
    3rd Choice and on get nothing.
  • Options
    SDNick484SDNick484 Posts: 20
    alskaraoke wrote:

I spoke to tenclub tix about the drawing and they said is was all computer automated. I was concerned that if I choose both reserved and general admission that it would hurt my chances at GA if I was drawn out for reserve tix first. When speaking to them they made it sound like it was all drawn at the same time...

Interesting, that would seem to defeat the purpose of prioritizing your choices. I'm not saying you're wrong, but that sounds a bit odd.

I would have expected the algorithm to be something along the lines of the following:
    For each city a pool is created out of all the members who chose that city. The pool is then categorized by 1st Choice, 2nd Choice, down to whatever the lowest choice is for that city. Within each category I would assume the members to be randomly ordered by the system. The system then runs through all the 1st choice people and gives them what they picked and if there's still seats available, it moves on to the next choice level, etc. Once all of a particular seat type (GA or Reserved) is filled up, the remaining folks who chose that are dropped and the system continues until the remaining seat type is filled.

Anyways, that's just how I'd expect it to run, but I very well could be wrong.
  • Options
    oysterjaroysterjar NH Posts: 1,235
    Anyone else thinking that their next album is titled "Countdown" instead of the supposed "Tides"?

Wind this thing up.

• Options
    arakias wrote:
    How does priority work for each tour leg? Does it apply both to cities with multiple shows and to the GA or reserved seating options?

It can't apply across cities can it?

From My Account > Ten Club Tickets > Tickets FAQ tab:
    Q: How does the show priority selection factor in to the drawing?

A: For each show we will randomly draw members who have made that show their #1 priority. If any tickets remain the system will randomly draw names of members who have chosen that show as their #2 priority, and so on until every ticket for a given show has been sold.

Now that talks about priority by show, but actually there are two seating options per show, so I'm still puzzling over the potential algorithm and my strategy for success ...
    Mansfield 7/3/2003 | Boston 5/24/2006 | Boston 5/17/2010 | Worcester 10/15-16/2013