Options

PEARL JAM ANNOUNCES FALL 2013 NORTH AMERICAN TOUR DATES

Comments

• Options
    rearviewschlemrearviewschlem Virginia Beach, VA Posts: 46
    online was a disaster as my captcha phrases were not accepted over and over again. Got a rep on the phone 21 mins after sale started and scored tix to the UVA and Baltimore shows. Can't wait.
  • Options
    AN126064AN126064 Earth Posts: 64
    Also picked up 2 slightly behind stage in Buffalo and a friend snagged 4 in Brooklyn on Friday. Feeling a little better now :)
    98 Camden, 98 E. Rutherford, 2000 Pittsburgh, 2000 Camden, 03 MSG, 03 Holmdel, 03 Camden, 05 Philly, 06 E. Rutherford, 06 Camden, 08 MSG2, 08 Camden, 09 Philly 1,2,3 (gave my ticket to 4 away for family obligation and kicking myself since), 10 Newark (my daughter's first show), 10 MSG1, 13 PIT, 13 BUF, 13 Barclays Center 1, 13 Philly 1, 13 Dallas, 15 NY Central Park (Global Citizen Fest, meh), 16 MSG 1 & 2, 16 Philly 2, 18 Amsterdam 1 (27 and counting!)
  • Options
    bonggoybonggoy Posts: 9
    There are still some Philly tickets ... lousy seats though ... upper deck, back of stage ...
  • Options
    hmoserhmoser Posts: 4
    finally!!! yay!!! Side view but I am hoping that will turn out well!
  • Options
    just got two for BK sat. still tickets. dont give up ppl.
    New Jersey - Jun 01, 2006
    Philly - Oct 28, 2009
    Philly - Oct 31, 2009
    New Jersey - May 18, 2010
    NYC - May 21, 2010
    Brooklyn - October 18, 2013
    Brooklyn - October 19, 2013
    Hartford - October 25, 2013
  • Options
    AN126064AN126064 Earth Posts: 64
    Keep trying folks I just got 2 100 level in Pittsburgh!!!
    98 Camden, 98 E. Rutherford, 2000 Pittsburgh, 2000 Camden, 03 MSG, 03 Holmdel, 03 Camden, 05 Philly, 06 E. Rutherford, 06 Camden, 08 MSG2, 08 Camden, 09 Philly 1,2,3 (gave my ticket to 4 away for family obligation and kicking myself since), 10 Newark (my daughter's first show), 10 MSG1, 13 PIT, 13 BUF, 13 Barclays Center 1, 13 Philly 1, 13 Dallas, 15 NY Central Park (Global Citizen Fest, meh), 16 MSG 1 & 2, 16 Philly 2, 18 Amsterdam 1 (27 and counting!)
  • Options
    jroyal12jroyal12 Posts: 5
    Two lower level tickets in OKC. Can't wait.
  • Options
    TbowTbow Posts: 57
    I am very disappointed was on at 9:40 hitting my refresh key over and over got through for the Brooklyn show. I hit the find tickets and it started searching for tickets at 10:00 and left it searching till 10:30 tried calling ticketmaster and they sold out for both Brooklyn shows.... I HATE TICKETMASTER!! now we will see them on stub hub for crazy prices. Sucks that some people just buy tickets to make cash... had to vent my frustration haha I feel very fortunate to be at the Worcester,MA show GA!! Rock On 8-)
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    online was a disaster as my captcha phrases were not accepted over and over again. Got a rep on the phone 21 mins after sale started and scored tix to the UVA and Baltimore shows. Can't wait.

I got Baltimore and a friend just text me and said she ordered UVA & got one for me! Wow! Hell of a turnaround from an hour and a half ago!
  • Options
    cp212298cp212298 Posts: 5
    I imagine that there are a lot of people that are pretty pissed off this morning after getting hosed on both the lottery as well as general sale tickets. Something has to change here.

I think there are a few factors at play that need to be rectified to ensure that fans who pay to be in the fan club get tickets.

1) Pearl jams refusal to pay fees to ticketmaster

2) the fact that every seat in the house is the same price

3) the fact that you can buy eight seats on ticketmaster

4) The fact that fan club membership now auto renews

I think the pj needs to get off their high horse about the ticketmaster fee things and package the fee directly into fan club tickets to pay ticketmaster. Assuming that there aren't enough fans in the fan club to fill an arena in every city (i could be wrong here in nyc, philly, seattle, for example) every single fan club member should be able to buy tickets complete with ticketmaster fee prior to a single ticket being sold by ticketmaster to the public. These tickets should be delivered the same way fan club tickets currently are to prevent middlemanning. As long as we all pony up the ticketmaster fee and pj pays it to ticketmaster the ticketmaster corp should have no problem with this arrangement. PJ should have the pull to do this as well.

Failing to do this means that facts two and three come into play. There is every incentive in the world for anyone, regardless of whether they like pj or not, to try to buy 8 tickets and flood ticketmaster when the tickets go on sale. Getting any number of tickets online is a gold mine for a non fans since they can get a 8 90 dollar tickets and turn around and sell them for a few hundred bucks each. Guess who's buying those tickets? Many of the same people in the fan club. Guess what? In addition to paying the ticketmaster fee we also get to pay someone who is doing nothing more than acting as a middle man. I don't think I need to explain to anyone that this is sub optimal and fcks fans.

Add to all of this the fact that fan club membership is auto-renewing now, the demand for the tickets in the lottery will be more and more forcing of fans to get raped the middlemen that get lucky and get tickets on ticketmaster.

Would love to get the community's thoughts here. Perhaps I am missing something but Pearl jam really should be doing something along these lines. Right now the cheapest tickets to my local show are going for $206 bucks. Really doesn't seem like someone in the fan club would be flipping their seats for double the price a few hours after they went on sale. Seems like some jerk that got lucky this morning and has no interest in the band.

:nono:
  • Options
    cp212298 wrote:
    I imagine that there are a lot of people that are pretty pissed off this morning after getting hosed on both the lottery as well as general sale tickets. Something has to change here.

I think there are a few factors at play that need to be rectified to ensure that fans who pay to be in the fan club get tickets.

I think the pj needs to get off their high horse about the ticketmaster fee things and package the fee directly into fan club tickets to pay ticketmaster. Assuming that there aren't enough fans in the fan club to fill an arena in every city (i could be wrong here in nyc, philly, seattle, for example) every single fan club member should be able to buy tickets complete with ticketmaster fee prior to a single ticket being sold by ticketmaster to the public. These tickets should be delivered the same way fan club tickets currently are to prevent middlemanning. As long as we all pony up the ticketmaster fee and pj pays it to ticketmaster the ticketmaster corp should have no problem with this arrangement. PJ should have the pull to do this as well.

Failing to do this means that facts two and three come into play. There is every incentive in the world for anyone, regardless of whether they like pj or not, to try to buy 8 tickets and flood ticketmaster when the tickets go on sale. Getting any number of tickets online is a gold mine for a non fans since they can get a 8 90 dollar tickets and turn around and sell them for a few hundred bucks each. Guess who's buying those tickets? Many of the same people in the fan club. Guess what? In addition to paying the ticketmaster fee we also get to pay someone who is doing nothing more than acting as a middle man. I don't think I need to explain to anyone that this is sub optimal and fcks fans.

Add to all of this the fact that fan club membership is auto-renewing now, the demand for the tickets in the lottery will be more and more forcing of fans to get raped the middlemen that get lucky and get tickets on ticketmaster.

Would love to get the community's thoughts here. Perhaps I am missing something but Pearl jam really should be doing something along these lines. Right now the cheapest tickets to my local show are going for $206 bucks. Really doesn't seem like someone in the fan club would be flipping their seats for double the price a few hours after they went on sale. Seems like some jerk that got lucky this morning and has no interest in the band.

I couldn't agree more. This morning TicketMaster debacle was a disgrace. I only wanted 2 seats and could never get anything online that wans't behind the stage. Never mind trying to get through on the phone unless i wanted to wait 30 mins. but of course Craigslist is now flooded with tickets and all these middle men have hundreds of seats now.

I've seen PJ enough over the last 20 years i guess to skip this tour. Just not giving in this manipulation when there is plenty of entertainment out there.
  • Options
    BeekerBeeker Posts: 17
    very stoked... i got la 1 ga and oakland res... looking to trade for la 2 ga and sd ga or res... cheers thanks
  • Options
    mm218961mm218961 Posts: 4
    i can,t buy for brooklyn...is starting?
  • Options
    AntigoneAntigone Posts: 34
    cp212298 wrote:

Packaging the fee directly into fan club tickets to pay TM. Are you kidding me?? :fp: Do you work for them or something? Lol. That's a horrible idea! Paying TM their ridiculous fees will not solve the "problem." :thumbdown: :thumbdown: If you think PJ not paying TM fees is the reason for difficulty in getting tix, read this: http://www.thefader.com/2013/03/06/fade ... e-tickets/
    "If you hate something, don't you do it, too."
  • Options
    Rise-AboveRise-Above Posts: 111
    Shut out of Seattle, my hometown show! Sooo sad. :? Anyone got an extra???
    If I knew where it was, I would take you there....there's much more than this.
    www.myspace.com/kryslowe
  • Options
    Mr StogeeMr Stogee Posts: 9
    Although I was able to get lucky enough to get fan club tix for LA night 2, I had way to many people that I enjoy bringing to various PJ shows. It was definitely way easier in the old days to do this when you had the opportunity to purchase a few club shows. I wanted to so if this ticketmaster surge wouldn't be as stressful as it usually is and that hasn't changed. I managed to snag 4 tickets to LA night 1 but that was crazy, way up top corner of the stage (good times). I also wanted to go to San Diego with a local friend there and that show sold out in a minute. At the same time, within 5 minutes there was tons of tickets on sale on Stub Hub while my browser was still waiting to get my LA tickets (which was still circling). How is that even possible that at least a 1000 tickets were already on sale there on Stub Hub? I feel bad for those of you who couldn't manage to grab some yourself and its crazy how hard this is getting.

Peace and Love
    Stogee
  • Options
    Keep trying for Seattle!! There are still random single tickets in 200 level behind stage that keep popping up! I'm looking for 2 which isn't looking good AT ALL. But I try for 1 ticket and options pop up every now and then. Even now.
  • Options
    cp212298cp212298 Posts: 5
    Antigone wrote:
    cp212298 wrote:

Packaging the fee directly into fan club tickets to pay TM. Are you kidding me?? :fp: Do you work for them or something? Lol. That's a horrible idea! Paying TM their ridiculous fees will not solve the "problem." :thumbdown: :thumbdown: If you think PJ not paying TM fees is the reason for difficulty in getting tix, read this: http://www.thefader.com/2013/03/06/fade ... e-tickets/

Totally with you on not wanting to pay Ticketmaster Antigone but the issue is that they must pay something to represent to sell tickets for these arenas and need that money back. Because of that fact fanclub members get shafted. I read the article you posted and couldn't agree more. In this case, however, there were no presales other than the fanclub. There was just a mad rush at a gold mine this morning on ticketmaster. The show I want to go to, Friday at Barclays, currently has over 2000 seats listed on Seatgeek. This doesn't include anything on Craiglist or private brokers but I would imagine that no less than 30% of the seats available for the show in the arena (not even backing out what the fan club seat allotment) are currently for resale in the secondary market yet many fan club members missed tickets both this morning as well as in the lottery. Ultimately myself, and the other fan club members who didn't get seats, are going to end up needing to buy some tickets from one of these parties which means I am paying the ticketmaster fee whether Pearl Jam likes it or not in addition to getting hit for a middleman fee which is a broken experience when people are paying 20/40 bucks a year to be in a fan club. Unless you get lucky you are paying ticketmaster no matter what. Might as well get the pain over upfront and not also get screwed by scalpers.
  • Options
    AC55389AC55389 Posts: 3
    i didnt win 10C tickets and also couldnt get tickets online this morning on ticketmaster.
    was trying for the seattle show. a few times a single nosebleed seat would pop up but just wasnt appealing to me especially for $86. GA floor tickets are priced at $1200 on stubhub no way I'm making some dirtbag rich and buying those. well have a nice tour pj see ya on youtube :(
    loudlove
  • Options
    thejmanthejman Posts: 12
    Scored a pair to LA n2 in arena riser 7... Don't know how, but it was about 10 minutes after they went on sale. There are still some pairs for both nights behind the stage. Gonna wait for another ticket drop though. Didn't even get a chance to go for SD ones as I spent all my time getting LA.

I HATE TICKETMASTER and all the scalpers who are in cahoots with them.
  • Options
    brio33800brio33800 Posts: 77
    Scalpers are mean fuckers!! Do you think they will add a second Seattle show?
  • Options
    charsamiacharsamia Posts: 1
    Does anyone know who will be opening for any of the shows? I have tickets to Phoenix!!!!
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,644
    Well this has been interesting reading. I am especially taken by the lack of patience while trying to buy TM tix, the willingness to give up too soon, and the lack of understanding when it comes to the concept of supply and demand. :corn:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    brio33800 wrote:
    Scalpers are mean fuckers!! Do you think they will add a second Seattle show?
    Yes. :)

I hope I'm right. :P Someone in the other thread said a TM agent kind of let it slip that there will be.... Hopefully that pans out. I guess a new lottery would start on Monday if true? Pleasepleaseplease! :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    thejman wrote:
    Scored a pair to LA n2 in arena riser 7... Don't know how, but it was about 10 minutes after they went on sale. There are still some pairs for both nights behind the stage. Gonna wait for another ticket drop though. Didn't even get a chance to go for SD ones as I spent all my time getting LA.

Yeah, I am absolutelyshocked that it's legal for TM to partner up with and even hold a subsidiary of secondary ticket brokerages. The government needs to fucking do something about that. It's absolutely criminal.
  • Options
    pearljamdude420pearljamdude420 Posts: 1,380
    thejman wrote:

those could be my tickets that got lost row 5? somehow it gave me sd instead still don't know how I had both in my cart but put the info for la first :fp:
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    thejman wrote:

Yeah, I am absolutelyshocked that it's legal for TM to partner up with and even hold a subsidiary of secondary ticket brokerages. The government needs to fucking do something about that. It's absolutely criminal.

saddledome holds 18k-19k is think in middle, so lets say 10 percent of those tickets about are on stubhub right now so 1/10 people don't want to go to show but scalp tickets, 1866 tickets already on stubhub for that show is heavy scalp, average right now is 1k ish
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    thejman wrote:

What crime did they commit?
  • Options
    Get_Right wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    thejman wrote:

What crime did they commit?
    why do they allow 1 account to use multi internet connections to get tickets? should only be allowed 1 connection per account it would cut down on scalping, the scalpers have 10 or 20 computers the big brokers or who knows how many, I only have 1 you cant compete with some fucker who has 10 or 20 connections going at one time
  • Options
    emeraldkityemeraldkity Posts: 370
    I admit the servers are gummy, but I tried about 20 min ago & there were still very good single seats for Seattle.
    I was going to buy it, but left it for anyone who was desperately still trying.
    Did you give up too soon?
    You must be the change you want to see in the world
    -Gandhi