Boston Marathon - explosion

Comments

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,417
    Godfather. wrote:
    JimmyV wrote:
    Part of me hopes he is taken alive, part of me hopes he is laying somewhere dead already.

I feel the same way,it would be good to find out who if anybody else is involved...but at the same time I just want it to be over.

Godfather.

no way he is taken alive. cowards never get taken alive.
  • rearviewrossrearviewross Posts: 3,055
    pjhawks wrote:
    Godfather. wrote:
    JimmyV wrote:
    Part of me hopes he is taken alive, part of me hopes he is laying somewhere dead already.

I feel the same way,it would be good to find out who if anybody else is involved...but at the same time I just want it to be over.

Godfather.

no way he is taken alive. cowards never get taken alive.

Probably not, but you never know. If he does kill himself he will try to take as many people with him as he can.
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.
  • stickfig13stickfig13 Posts: 1,532
    Anyone catch the aunt on CNN.

Chick is nuts
    Sacramento 10-30-00, Bridge School 10-20 and 10-21-01, Bridge School 10-25 and 10-26-01, Irvine 06-02-03, Irvine 06-03-03, San Diego 06-05-03, San Diego 07-07-06, Los Angeles 07-09-06, Santa Barbara 07-13-06, London UK 06-18-07, San Diego 10-9-09, San Diego 2013, LA 1 2013
    Jesus fucking christ, now the aunt is saying it is a setup.
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    The aunt thinks this is all staged.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    how is it that this 19 year old has eluded LE for soooo long!?
    polaris_x wrote:

My thoughts exactly. I would assume there are a couple different scenarios right now.

1. He killed himself somewhere and the cops are just being cautious searching homes
    2. He has help
    3. He managed to get out of the city
    Sacramento 10-30-00, Bridge School 10-20 and 10-21-01, Bridge School 10-25 and 10-26-01, Irvine 06-02-03, Irvine 06-03-03, San Diego 06-05-03, San Diego 07-07-06, Los Angeles 07-09-06, Santa Barbara 07-13-06, London UK 06-18-07, San Diego 10-9-09, San Diego 2013, LA 1 2013
    polaris_x wrote:

Because its all fake, right?
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    It is amazing that he drove through a police manned barricade and no one was able to track him down after that?
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,548
    stickfig13 wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:

My thoughts exactly. I would assume there are a couple different scenarios right now.

1. He killed himself somewhere and the cops are just being cautious searching homes
    2. He has help
    or is already in authorities hands,,,lets see..this need to end,and people of Boston feel safe and continue their lifes
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    polaris_x wrote:

Because its all fake, right?

what?
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,891
    it may be time to go back to "the young and the restless"....this endless speculation from the talking heads (some of whom are not all that smart) is accomplishing nothing...
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    polaris_x wrote:

He got away in the middle of the night in a huge city. He won't be able to stay hidden for long, but it's only been like 12 hours. All he had to do was slip into an empty building/house and hide. If the big police perimeters in Cambridge and Watertown are off one block, it could give him some time.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,891
    stickfig13 wrote:

Chick is nuts

you're nuts for watching CNN. is wolf running the show? :roll:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22

Saw this, and it kind of made sense.

Ben Smith ‏@BuzzFeedBen
    Remember, the Chechens are coming from a place where the government sets people up — Chechens, in particular — routinely.

That on top of the natural instinct to not believe that someone you love could do this, I don't blame her for not believing.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
    stickfig13 wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:

2. He has help
    or is already in authorities hands,,,lets see..this need to end,and people of Boston feel safe and continue their lifes

True, but for now they need to stay put so they can keep their lives. You do not want to come across this guy right now. He is likely still in the area holed up somewhere.
    I like how CNN comes back form commercial with this big graphic saying This is CNN Breaking News. Then it goes to Anderson Cooper talking about nothing new.
    imalive wrote:
    stickfig13 wrote:

Chick is nuts

you're nuts for watching CNN. is wolf running the show? :roll:

Just streaming it at work. It's better than Twitter at this point. Too many tweeters are behind the pace of info.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    I like how CNN comes back form commercial with this big graphic saying This is CNN Breaking News. Then it goes to Anderson Cooper talking about nothing new.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/breaki ... ne:default

Saw this, and it kind of made sense.

Ben Smith ‏@BuzzFeedBen
    Remember, the Chechens are coming from a place where the government sets people up — Chechens, in particular — routinely.

That on top of the natural instinct to not believe that someone you love could do this, I don't blame her for not believing.

she's also a lawyer ... from the article i read ... she just seems to want some evidence ... still tho - no one is going to respond to her too kindly i think ...
    Evidence? You mean like her nephew blown up in the street? Dead cops? Come on auntie!
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    unsung wrote:
    They just said that police are going door to door. Doing what exactly?

taking your guns of course. :roll:
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • evidence... like something from the police, not the news.
    lets see that full video of the suspect placing the bag that later explodes

guilty until proven innocent or innocent until proven guilty?

just sayin
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

i hope they get this piece of shit before night..people need to get peace in the area..
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    evidence... like something from the police, not the news.

just sayin

Regardless. They are most likely guilty of killing a security guard and shooting up a neighborhood last night. I would imagine the plot to "set them up" would involve the entire law enforcement community of the New England area....Not likely
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    The suspects' uncle is PISSED. Poor guy, poor family.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata

just sayin
    true,but if u are innocent you try to prove u arent guilty,and not hiding,especially if they kill your brother and the whole planet think you are a murderer

just sayin

I don't get this demand for immediate information. The FBI and police aren't just going to put their evidence out there just to satisfy the curiosity of the general public or tin foil hat wearers. They will release as much as they need to, in order to capture these guys.

Evidence is for trials, not for entertainment.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    ― Abraham Lincoln

just sayin

I don't get this demand for immediate information. The FBI and police aren't just going to put their evidence out there just to satisfy the curiosity of the general public or tin foil hat wearers. They will release as much as they need to, in order to capture these guys.

Evidence is for trials, not for entertainment.
    and sometimes they give false info to public for confuse the bad guys
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    and in other news:
    Blast in popular Baghdad coffee shop kills at least 27
    By Mohammed Tawfeeq and Greg Botelho, CNN
    updated 10:07 AM EDT, Fri April 19, 2013

Baghdad (CNN) -- A bomb exploded on Thursday night in a popular coffee shop in western Baghdad, killing at least 27 people and wounding 51 others, city police officials said.

The bomb was hidden in a plastic bag and then put in a cafe in the Iraqi capital's al-Amriya neighborhood, where it detonated around 10 p.m. (3 p.m. ET), according to police.

They estimated the device contained about two kilograms of highly explosive material.

The explosion ripped through the three-story building, which also includes an ice cream parlor on the first floor and medical offices on the second floor. The coffee shop was on the third floor.

Deadly wave of bombings across Iraq Most of those killed and hurt were young men, though four children were among the dead, police said.

Mostly Sunni Muslims live in the neighborhood, which is surrounded by walls except for one checkpoint staffed by Iraqi soldiers.

The violence follows a spate of attacks preceding the country's provincial elections, set for Saturday.

On Wednesday, three people died and 16 were wounded in four explosions in and around Baghdad, according to police.

There is concern that the security situation could affect the outcome of the vote, especially if Iraqis don't participate because of fears that polling stations may come under attack.

U.N. official Martin Kobler appealed Thursday for security forces to be on "heightened alert" so that citizens can vote "in a safe environment without fear of violence."

In the same statement, Kobler -- the special representative in Iraq for the U.N. secretary-general -- stressed that Iraqi leaders must "collectively endure a transparent and peaceful election, free of intimidation or political interference."

And he urged Iraqis to vote, casting it as their patriotic duty.

"I am calling on all women and men to cast their ballots for a better future for them and their children," Kobler said. "My appeal goes particularly to young Iraqis, because you are the future of this country."