Boston Marathon - explosion

Comments

• rearviewrossrearviewross Posts: 3,055
    This is the shit that pisses me off. An Arkansas state rep made this comment on Twitter. What a damn disgrace to true civil servants.

@ NateBell4AR : I wonder how many Boston liberals spent the night cowering in their homes wishing they had an AR-15 with a hi-capacity magazine? #2A

Idiot. Wish I could say I am surprised.
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.
    Apparently the father is a piece of shit too. Threatens US that All hell will break loose if his son is killed. Claims it is an inside job and his sons are being scapegoated. All from the comfort of his home in Russia. He wants his son to come home to Russia and live out the rest of his life there.

http://gma.yahoo.com/bomb-suspects-dad- ... ories.html
  • The older one was said to have been training to box for the US in the Olympics and eventually becoming a citizen. There is a photo essay about him: http://johanneshirn.photoshelter.com/gallery/Will-Box-For-Passport/G0000VQW7v6xWA7o/ The captions are quite interesting.

I'm trying to stay away from the news. There is too much stuff that somehow doesn't add up and is confusing. I feel bad and sad for everyone affected :(

saw the pics on this link when you posted it... just went back to share it w/ someone... now it errors :?
    Error

Sorry, we encountered an error:

We couldn't find the requested information in our system. Please contact us if you need assistance.

Hm. It showed him at the box training, with his training partners and his girlfriend and the captions said that he is a religious muslim who is not smoking or drinking. He doesn't want to fight with a naked upper body not to give any females any ideas ... Stuff like that. He thought by boxing for the US in the Olympics he could become a US citizen. It is just all weird. I don't know. He had a mercedes, a phone, a girlfriend and wanted to become a citizen. Why would he then do what he is suspected to have done?

yah, i saw it... and was going to share...
    news saying he had no friends.
    dude had a girlfriend in some of those pics... and she wasn't too shabby lookin either
    right now, this whole thing is a headscratcher
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Apparently the father is a piece of shit too. Threatens US that All hell will break loose if his son is killed. Claims it is an inside job and his sons are being scapegoated. All from the comfort of his home in Russia. He wants his son to come home to Russia and live out the rest of his life there.

http://gma.yahoo.com/bomb-suspects-dad- ... ories.html
    So he has 2 sisters living in NY huh.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    This is the shit that pisses me off. An Arkansas state rep made this comment on Twitter. What a damn disgrace to true civil servants.

@ NateBell4AR : I wonder how many Boston liberals spent the night cowering in their homes wishing they had an AR-15 with a hi-capacity magazine? #2A

Pretty fucking idiotic post, by him, and it's seems everyone is letting him know it
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,548

Idiot. Wish I could say I am surprised.
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    The older one was said to have been training to box for the US in the Olympics and eventually becoming a citizen. There is a photo essay about him: http://johanneshirn.photoshelter.com/gallery/Will-Box-For-Passport/G0000VQW7v6xWA7o/ The captions are quite interesting.

I'm trying to stay away from the news. There is too much stuff that somehow doesn't add up and is confusing. I feel bad and sad for everyone affected :(

saw the pics on this link when you posted it... just went back to share it w/ someone... now it errors :?
    Error

We couldn't find the requested information in our system. Please contact us if you need assistance.

Hm. It showed him at the box training, with his training partners and his girlfriend and the captions said that he is a religious muslim who is not smoking or drinking. He doesn't want to fight with a naked upper body not to give any females any ideas ... Stuff like that. He thought by boxing for the US in the Olympics he could become a US citizen. It is just all weird. I don't know. He had a mercedes, a phone, a girlfriend and wanted to become a citizen. Why would he then do what he is suspected to have done?
    why is the perfect thing to ask ourselves ... question ... not just blindly believe.
    The sign of good reasoning and drawing our own conclusions after we gather all the info we can.
    Sometimes all we are left with is our gut.
    Here come the conspiracy theories. Everybody says he was a great guy. Nobody can believe it. Just wait, if they haven't started already.
    U Mass Dartmouth campus being evacuated. Was student there.
  • U Mass Dartmouth campus being evacuated. Was student there.

he was a student there.
    apparently was seen on campus tuesday & wednesday

***as reported***
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• How did they shoot his brother and then allow number 2 to escape? Not enough enforcement on the job? Amazing how that happened.

The poison from the poison stream caught up to you ELEVEN years ago and you floated out of here. Sept. 14, 08

• blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    The older brother has a youtube account with some heavy, angry pro Islam stuff on it.

It's starting to feel like the big brother was the ringleader, and recently changed this seemingly normal kid.

Just find this guy...
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
    The older brother has a youtube account with some heavy, angry pro Islam stuff on it.

It's starting to feel like the big brother was the ringleader, and recently changed this seemingly normal kid.

Just find this guy...

Is there a link to it or was it shut down?
    U Mass Dartmouth campus being evacuated. Was student there.

he was a student there.
    apparently was seen on campus tuesday & wednesday

***as reported***

May have left a bomb there. Looks like they are about to blow up another bomb that they left behind.
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559

someone on this forum went there as well ...
  • blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889

Just find this guy...

Is there a link to it or was it shut down?

http://www.youtube.com/user/muazseyfullah

If you are on twitter, check out @SlavaMalamud 's timeline. He's a good Russian hockey writer, and has been a good follow today with a little different perspective on this.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • This is the shit that pisses me off. An Arkansas state rep made this comment on Twitter. What a damn disgrace to true civil servants.

With tongue in cheek. The picture from the news today showed one of the MIT cops with a gun drawn, shooting with the real cops. So to stoop to this guys level.......What was the MIT cops problem who had a gun with him. Oh that is right when two people are armed one is always going to win. Whatever!

The poison from the poison stream caught up to you ELEVEN years ago and you floated out of here. Sept. 14, 08

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888

With tongue in cheek. The picture from the news today showed one of the MIT cops with a gun drawn, shooting with the real cops. So to stoop to this guys level.......What was the MIT cops problem who had a gun with him. Oh that is right when two people are armed one is always going to win. Whatever!
    Looks like @NateBell4AR has protected his account or something. You can't view any of his tweets anymore. What an asshole.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Here come the conspiracy theories. Everybody says he was a great guy. Nobody can believe it. Just wait, if they haven't started already.
    There will always be conspiracy theories, I welcome them ...
    and a grain of truth often found. I like creativity and entertainment as well.
    And I do not doubt he was a great guy to some.

I laugh at those who blindly believe in power though. Why on this good Earth
    would anyone ever do that? Oh yeah cause they have their best interests at heart :lol:
    funny stuff.... and would never lie out of an agenda.
    pandora wrote:
    and a grain of truth often found.

I have spent a lot of time looking into many of the conspiracy theories out there. Sandy Hook, Aurora etc. I have yet to find anything that made me believe any of it.
  • CServantCServant Posts: 1,182
    pandora wrote:
    and a grain of truth often found.

I have spent a lot of time looking into many of the conspiracy theories out there. Sandy Hook, Aurora etc. I have yet to find anything that made me believe any of it.

Some of them are creative though.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    I've been following a update blog on CNN, shed's some light on how #2 got away:

[Updated 1:17 p.m. ET] Here's the latest chronology that CNN has on Thursday night's shooting and subsequent manhunt:

The violence began late Thursday with the robbery of a convenience store, according to Timothy Alben, superintendent of the Massachusetts state police. Soon after, in Cambridge, across the Charles River from Boston, Massachusetts Institute of Technology police officer Sean Collier was fatally shot while he sat in his car, the Suffolk County District Attorney's Office said in a statement.

Police believe the Boston Marathon bombing suspects were responsible for the shooting.

The two suspects, according to authorities, then hijacked a vehicle at gunpoint in Cambridge, telling the driver that they are the marathon bombers, a law enforcement source told CNN's Joe Johns. At some point, apparently at a gas station, the source said, the driver escaped.

Police, who were tracking the vehicle using its built-in GPS system, picked up the chase in Watertown. The pursuit went into a residential neighborhood, with the suspects throwing explosives at the police. A firefight erupted and ultimately one suspect – later identified as Tamerlan Tsarnaev – got out of the car. Police shot him, and his brother ran over him as he drove away, according to the source.

A source briefed on the investigation said Tamerlan Tsarnaev was wearing explosives and an explosive trigger. He died later at Beth Israel Hospital.

Richard H. Donohue Jr., 33, a three-year veteran of the transit system police force, was shot and wounded in the incident and taken to a hospital, a transit police spokesman said Friday. The officer's condition was not immediately known.

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2013/04/19/li ... ?hpt=hp_t1
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    :shock: :corn: :shock: :corn:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    edited April 2013
    The older one was said to have been training to box for the US in the Olympics and eventually becoming a citizen. There is a photo essay about him: http://johanneshirn.photoshelter.com/gallery/Will-Box-For-Passport/G0000VQW7v6xWA7o/ The captions are quite interesting.

Error

A lot of things really don't make sense. Chechens? Whilst they have a beef with Russia, it has been kept 'local'. Family settled in the US over 10 years ago, older brother in his teens, younger one a child. It seems the youngest one was very 'americanised' and, whilst the older one seemed to have had more difficulties settling in (normal when you're a teen), he did (contrary to these 'flash' reports/opinions coming out right now. They both had ambition too. Up to now, no reports of them having been 'training' abroad.

And what's this for terrorists? Hanging around at the scene? Robbing a convenience store and carjacking, leading to what we have been seeing on our TVs in these past hours?? Any 'proper'/organised cell would have their guys disappear in no time.

This is just so, so odd. Cannot even begin to think what the motive could be.
    Post edited by redrock on
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    Part of me hopes he is taken alive, part of me hopes he is laying somewhere dead already.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    A little humor for an effed up day ... :)

CNN Releases Photos Of 3 Obese Mexican Women Suspected In Boston Bombing

BOSTON—In the midst of a widespread manhunt that has put the city of Boston on lockdown, CNN released a series of photographs today depicting the three obese Mexican women it claims are the chief suspects in the Boston Marathon attack. “My top-level sources have confirmed that the individuals depicted in these photos planned, coordinated, and put into effect this week’s deadly bombing,” said CNN reporter John King, speaking of the trio of overweight hispanic women, two of whom reportedly died in the late 1990s and one of whom has never actually visited the United States. “If you come across the suspects, please be careful. My sources tell me these women are armed and highly dangerous.” At press time, everyone at CNN was congratulating one another on the good job they’ve been doing.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/cnn-releases-photos-of-3-obese-mexican-women-suspe,32112/
  • the one that died had a daughter??

according to an aunt on the news right now (CBS Boston)

• Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    JimmyV wrote:
    Part of me hopes he is taken alive, part of me hopes he is laying somewhere dead already.

I feel the same way,it would be good to find out who if anybody else is involved...but at the same time I just want it to be over.

Godfather.
    The Aunt- "What shit is that"?
    the one that died had a daughter??

according to an aunt on the news right now (CBS Boston)

The aunt is hilarious. "What shit is this, what shit is that." She yells at the stupid reporters. :lol: