Boston Marathon - explosion

Comments

• rearviewrossrearviewross Posts: 3,055
    back again..

btw,how fbi allow this to be out to public???

anyone can own a police scanner.
    isnt against the law?

Nope. Pretty ridiculous huh? Criminals are able to listen to the police communicate with each other while they look for them.
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.
  • back again..

btw,how fbi allow this to be out to public???

anyone can own a police scanner.
    isnt against the law?

depends on the state i think, but generally, not illegal to just listen...
    i dont think you are supposed to have them in your car if you are a civilian tho.
    its all just over the radiowaves
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• and the guy may be in CT now :shock:
    http://www.ct.gov/despp/cwp/view.asp?A=4226&Q=523138
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    and the guy may be in CT now :shock:
    http://www.ct.gov/despp/cwp/view.asp?A=4226&Q=523138

Or New York
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    Son of a bitch this is just one fucked up situation. Thinking of all of The Faithfull (well, everyone) in the northeast.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,548
    edited April 2013
    isnt against the law?

Nope. Pretty ridiculous huh? Criminals are able to listen to the police communicate with each other while they look for them.
    yeah..its crazy...i asked my sis,she is poicawoman,for be sure
    its against the law here,even to listen
    Post edited by dimitrispearljam on
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    The suspect has probably been awake for over 24 hours by now ...
    Last month, Spain's Interior Ministry said French and Spanish police arrested three suspected Islamic extremists in an operation in and around Paris. A statement said the suspected activists were of Chechen origin and believed to be linked to an alleged terror cell dismantled last August in southern Spain. The cell was suspected of planning attacks in Spain and elsewhere in Europe.

Two suspects, Elsy Issakov and Mourad Idrissov, were arrested in Paris and a third, Ali Dokaev, was detained in the town of Noyon, northeast of the French capital. The arrests took place Feb. 26.

http://news.yahoo.com/russias-caucasus-breeding-ground-terror-113721792.html

Sounds like a lovely area.
  • unsungunsung Posts: 9,487
    polaris_x wrote:
    no way this guy gets taken alive

That's what happens to patsies.
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,664
    unsung wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:

And you know they are "patsies" because....?
    edited April 2013
    need to ask,what "patsies" means?
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    has the trail gone cold or are people now listening to LE and not reporting what they hear, see or know?
    I remember this ... :shock:

The Beslan school hostage crisis (also referred to as the Beslan school siege or Beslan massacre) of early September 2004 lasted three days and involved the capture of over 1,100 people as hostages (including 777 children), ending with the death of over 380 people. The crisis began when a group of armed Islamic separatist militants, mostly Ingush and Chechen, occupied School Number One (SNO) in the town of Beslan, North Ossetia (an autonomous republic in the North Caucasus region of the Russian Federation) on 1 September 2004.

The terrorists were the Riyadus-Salikhin Battalion, sent by the Chechen separatist warlord Shamil Basayev, who demanded recognition of the independence of Chechnya at the UN and Russian withdrawal from Chechnya. On the third day of the standoff, Russian security forces entered the building with the use of tanks, incendiary rockets and other heavy weapons. At least 334 hostages were killed as a result of the crisis, including 186 children, with a significant number of people injured and reported missing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beslan_school_hostage_crisis
    polaris_x wrote:
    has the trail gone cold or are people now listening to LE and not reporting what they hear, see or know?
    I'm thinking the police went to another type of communication device. Or the trail went cold.
    unsung wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:

And you know they are "patsies" because....?

Because I think they had someone pulling their strings.
    This a real life version of The Running Man
  • rearviewrossrearviewross Posts: 3,055
    Jason P wrote:
    I remember this ... :shock:

The Beslan school hostage crisis (also referred to as the Beslan school siege or Beslan massacre) of early September 2004 lasted three days and involved the capture of over 1,100 people as hostages (including 777 children), ending with the death of over 380 people. The crisis began when a group of armed Islamic separatist militants, mostly Ingush and Chechen, occupied School Number One (SNO) in the town of Beslan, North Ossetia (an autonomous republic in the North Caucasus region of the Russian Federation) on 1 September 2004.

The terrorists were the Riyadus-Salikhin Battalion, sent by the Chechen separatist warlord Shamil Basayev, who demanded recognition of the independence of Chechnya at the UN and Russian withdrawal from Chechnya. On the third day of the standoff, Russian security forces entered the building with the use of tanks, incendiary rockets and other heavy weapons. At least 334 hostages were killed as a result of the crisis, including 186 children, with a significant number of people injured and reported missing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beslan_school_hostage_crisis

Somebody in Chechnya is gonna get fucked up for this. They'll trace it back to a group there.
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.
    Police are telling people to stay in their homes, bet they wish they could have their AR's ready with their standard capacity 30 rd magazines to defend themselves from this radical Muslim.

In any case I'm believing that he won't be captured alive.

well ... will need unsung to clarify ... patsies can mean a few things ... none of which is good ...

usually it just means a sucker ... someone you can take advantage of ... or it can mean the "fall guy" ... the person who is gonna shoulder the blame for something ... i am guessing unsung is using it in a way that refers to this guy as cowardly maybe ... not too sure ...
    unsung wrote:
    Police are telling people to stay in their homes, bet they wish they could have their AR's ready with their standard capacity 30 rd magazines to defend themselves from this radical Muslim.

In any case I'm believing that he won't be captured alive.

wow ... did you just go there? ... i wonder where these guys got all their weapons from? ... probably just bought it off the web or some gun show ...
    Somebody in Chechnya is gonna get fucked up for this. They'll trace it back to a group there.
    Chechnya rebals would consider themselves lucky if all they had to worry about is the US. The Russians don't fuck around and are not concerned whatsoever with a PR disaster when it means achieving their goals.
  • polaris_x wrote:

well ... will need unsung to clarify ... patsies can mean a few things ... none of which is good ...

usually it just means a sucker ... someone you can take advantage of ... or it can mean the "fall guy" ... the person who is gonna shoulder the blame for something ... i am guessing unsung is using it in a way that refers to this guy as cowardly maybe ... not too sure ...

No...

Based on Unsung's usual string of garbage... I'm pretty sure he means these guys are Obama's patsies and this is all part of a big government conspiracy to... do something?
    "My brain's a good brain!"
    Somebody in this country radicalized them.
    Jason P wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:
    I'm thinking the police went to another type of communication device. Or the trail went cold.

i've been following here ... http://www.thestar.com/news/world/2013/ ... large.html

basically a twitter feed

supposedly an update to the media by LE in 10 mins
    polaris_x wrote:

No...

Based on Unsung's usual string of garbage... I'm pretty sure he means these guys are Obama's patsies and this is all part of a big government conspiracy to... do something?

You sure are paranoid, I've already explained it. Try reading.
    Jason P wrote:
    Chechnya rebals would consider themselves lucky if all they had to worry about is the US. The Russians don't fuck around and are not concerned whatsoever with a PR disaster when it means achieving their goals.
    oh yeah...the Russians can bomb day and night the whole Chechnya and they dont give a shit what public or media or anyone will say or agree with
  • All transportation in Boston shut down...
    But Logan still has flights coming in and going out???
    :think:

polaris_x wrote:
    What does "LE" stand for?
    They just said that police are going door to door. Doing what exactly?
    Jason P wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:
    What does "LE" stand for?

Law Enforcement