Options

______ is on my turntable right now.

Comments

• Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    It is like I’ve never heard this record before. What a difference, this is the copy. I’ve got a MoV copy on the shelf to show visitors the difference between AAA and digital direct from the masters. 

• Options

• Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    It is like I’ve never heard this record before. What a difference, this is the copy. I’ve got a MoV copy on the shelf to show visitors the difference between AAA and digital direct from the masters. 

Awesome! Glad I decided to pick it up.
  • Options
    Concur with everyone else. A must own. Just fantastic
  • Options

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,678

Excellent news.  Thanks for the update!
  • Options
    MedozK said:
    MedozK said:
    MedozK said:

Have you heard if anyone has confirmed if the EU version is the same or if they were pressed at different plants?
    Haven’t heard anything. 
    Mine came today with a big as dent / tear in the cover. I emailed shipping, but I expect the same ole "we have no replacements, but you can send it back for a refund" shit.

Yikes….. that is beyond disappointing. Was the cardboard it was shipped in damaged? 
    Yea, apparently dropped on something.  I know that it is not 10C's fault that shipping fucked it up, but damn have good enough customer service to take care of things like this. If they were the regular oversized pizza box style, it would have been fine.
    That really blows.  That's why I like the AP boxes,  where you have the significant overhang.  
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,893
    MedozK said:
    MedozK said:
    MedozK said:

Have you heard if anyone has confirmed if the EU version is the same or if they were pressed at different plants?
    Haven’t heard anything. 
    Mine came today with a big as dent / tear in the cover. I emailed shipping, but I expect the same ole "we have no replacements, but you can send it back for a refund" shit.

Yikes….. that is beyond disappointing. Was the cardboard it was shipped in damaged? 
    Yea, apparently dropped on something.  I know that it is not 10C's fault that shipping fucked it up, but damn have good enough customer service to take care of things like this. If they were the regular oversized pizza box style, it would have been fine.
    If they didn’t order any spares for potential returns I would have to consider that short-sighted at best. 

ummmmm this is 10C we are talking about here..... its SOP.....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    MedozK said:
    MedozK said:
    MedozK said:

Haven’t heard anything. 

If they didn’t order any spares for potential returns I would have to consider that short-sighted at best. 

ummmmm this is 10C we are talking about here..... its SOP.....
    I’m not going to join in piling on the 10c folks. If you don’t like the service they provide, don’t buy anything. 
  • Options
    edited June 2021

Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options

• Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,047

...another must own, in my opinion.  It's too bad the Clifford Brown wasn't around longer. 
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    edited June 2021

...another must own, in my opinion.  It's too bad the Clifford Brown wasn't around longer. 
    I bought that on a whim… was not familiar with it. Amazing record and pressing. Loved it. I’m a Max Roach fan so it was an easy decision. 
  • Options

• Options

• Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,952

I like this band. I don’t have any of their stuff on vinyl. I had a roommate years ago who was a huge fan. I should add them to my list. 
  • Options
    GlowGirl said:

I like this band. I don’t have any of their stuff on vinyl. I had a roommate years ago who was a huge fan. I should add them to my list. 

Your roommate had great Taste! Seminal band. 

Big influence on REM, particularly their first album Crazy Rhythms. I’m almost sure Thurston Moore was influenced vocally by this band. I’ve been looking for their stuff for a while and found this flawless copy yesterday at an antique store for $20. Couldn’t be happier.  

For kicks, listen to the High Road off The Good Earth (their best album imo).  John Popper couldn’t have been more obvious in absolute thievery of a riff and melody. You start singing Runaround in your head because it’s so obvious. 
  • Options

• Options
    edited June 2021

Post edited by 1ThoughtKnown on
  • Options
    Realized I had that catalogued incorrectly in Discogs. I don’t have the blood red wax. 
  • Options

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options

Disappointing audio quality on this one. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

It’s pretty good considering the source in my opinion. Some people seem to get a lot of distortion, but I hear none of that. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

It’s pretty good considering the source in my opinion. Some people seem to get a lot of distortion, but I hear none of that. 
    My comparison is the rest of Neil's catalog that has been released in the last decade.  Compared to all of those, I think this is the weakest of the bunch.  You can tell it's digital. 
  • Options

• Options