dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,632
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Was always curious about this one.  Plus it's hard to get MOV in the States sometimes.  How is it?  Do you think it's analog?
    I like this pressing. If I had to guess it’s not analogue, but your question prompted me to write them and ask what the source is. When they reply I’ll get back to you. From the MoV website:

Which masters do you use? 

We use the best audio available to cut our records. We receive and use different kinds of masters: analogue tapes, original metal parts, lacquers cut from analogue tapes and high res digital files 192/96khz/24 bit. Music On Vinyl does not use CD's as masters.

No surprise.  Their quality is too good to be CD masters, yet they seem to have things that are not known to have analog masters.  But it's cool that they replied to you.  Always a sign of a good company. 
    As far as I know MOV does not cut with an all analog chain.
    MoV isn’t AAA for sure. But I’ve had such positive listening experiences with all the rock REs I’ve bought from them, figured I’d go for a jazz record and see. Can’t complain for the price. 
    I agree.  The AICs are great,  Into the Wild,  etc. It's a good label.  It's not at the level of AP, MOFI, and the Tone Poet, but also not priced like those. 
    It’s funny you say they are hard to find in the US. I can’t go to a record store here without seeing MoV releases. 
    I see MOVs on occasion, but not the ones I want.  I think the only one I have bought from a store is Nefertiti from Miles Davis. 
  • Options

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,889

• Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    Loujoe said:
    My my my. Speechless
    That label is priceless. Lol
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,794
    Yes. They made thr cover to look like 'blue note' too. Great notes on the back. Pretty creative idea. Hooked me!
  • Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Was always curious about this one.  Plus it's hard to get MOV in the States sometimes.  How is it?  Do you think it's analog?
    I like this pressing. If I had to guess it’s not analogue, but your question prompted me to write them and ask what the source is. When they reply I’ll get back to you. From the MoV website:

We use the best audio available to cut our records. We receive and use different kinds of masters: analogue tapes, original metal parts, lacquers cut from analogue tapes and high res digital files 192/96khz/24 bit. Music On Vinyl does not use CD's as masters.

No surprise.  Their quality is too good to be CD masters, yet they seem to have things that are not known to have analog masters.  But it's cool that they replied to you.  Always a sign of a good company. 
    MoV isn’t AAA for sure. But I’ve had such positive listening experiences with all the rock REs I’ve bought from them, figured I’d go for a jazz record and see. Can’t complain for the price. 
    I agree.  The AICs are great,  Into the Wild,  etc. It's a good label.  It's not at the level of AP, MOFI, and the Tone Poet, but also not priced like those. 
    It’s funny you say they are hard to find in the US. I can’t go to a record store here without seeing MoV releases. 
    I see MOVs on occasion, but not the ones I want.  I think the only one I have bought from a store is Nefertiti from Miles Davis. 
    Well MoV got back to me. As you said, signs of a good company. That Brubeck Jazz Goes to College pressing is cut from 96khz/24 bit digital files of the original masters. It doesn’t have that analogue warmth which is so great on jazz wax, but like I said it’s a very enjoyable copy. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Well MoV got back to me. As you said, signs of a good company. That Brubeck Jazz Goes to College pressing is cut from 96khz/24 bit digital files of the original masters. It doesn’t have that analogue warmth which is so great on jazz wax, but like I said it’s a very enjoyable copy. 
    Thanks for the update. 

• Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    OG non digital.

Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    ikiT said:
    OG non digital.

That was pressed from a TDK tape
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    TDK-D90
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,800
    edited June 2021
    ikiT said:
    OG non digital.

mine is a 54....
    Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    ikiT said:
    TDK-D90
    Precisely.
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    Phenomenal, finally got some time to spin this one.

• Options

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,040
    MedozK said:

Agreed.  I played this five times in the last week. Great music!
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    MedozK said:

Is this a new release? Details please?
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katanga!
    https://store.bluenote.com/products/curtis-amy-and-dupree-bolton-katanga-lp-blue-note-tone-poet-series

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:

https://store.bluenote.com/products/curtis-amy-and-dupree-bolton-katanga-lp-blue-note-tone-poet-series

Ordered!  Thanks! 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:

Ordered!  Thanks! 
    I'm surprised you didn't already have this.
  • Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,040
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:

Ordered!  Thanks! 

No shit!
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:

Ordered!  Thanks! 

No shit!
    I missed this drop.  Been slacking.  Although I don't know this record so I'm looking forward to it.  

Also ordered the Genius+Soul AP and The Blues and the Abstract Truth (Oliver Nelson) which comes out next week.  It's also part of the Verve Acoustic Sounds series. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:

Ordered!  Thanks! 

No shit!
    I missed this drop.  Been slacking.  Although I don't know this record so I'm looking forward to it.  

Also ordered the Genius+Soul AP and The Blues and the Abstract Truth (Oliver Nelson) which comes out next week.  It's also part of the Verve Acoustic Sounds series. 

listened last night on apple music.

elements reminded me of miles. think you'll enjoy.

• Options
    edited June 2021

Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Attaway77Attaway77 Posts: 2,888

1998 Dallas (7/5) 2006 San Fran (7/15,7/16) 2009 San Fran (8/28) 2010 Bristow (5/13) NY (5/21) 2011 Alpine Valley (9/3,9/4)
    2012 Missoula (9/30) 2013 Chicago (7/19) Pittsburgh (10/11) Buffalo (10/12) Baltimore (10/27) Dallas (11/15)
    2014 Austin (10/12) Memphis (10/14) St. Paul (10/19) Milwaukee (10/20) Denver (10/22)
    2016 Ft. Lauderdale (4/8) Miami (4/9) Hampton (4/18) Philly (4/28,4/29) NY (5/1,5/2) 2018 Seattle (8/10) Missoula (8/13) 2022 Nashville (9/16)

E.V. - 2008 Berkeley (4/8) 2012 Austin (11/9,11/12)
    Temple of the Dog - 2016 Upper Darby

• Options

1998 Dallas (7/5) 2006 San Fran (7/15,7/16) 2009 San Fran (8/28) 2010 Bristow (5/13) NY (5/21) 2011 Alpine Valley (9/3,9/4)
    2012 Missoula (9/30) 2013 Chicago (7/19) Pittsburgh (10/11) Buffalo (10/12) Baltimore (10/27) Dallas (11/15)
    2014 Austin (10/12) Memphis (10/14) St. Paul (10/19) Milwaukee (10/20) Denver (10/22)
    2016 Ft. Lauderdale (4/8) Miami (4/9) Hampton (4/18) Philly (4/28,4/29) NY (5/1,5/2) 2018 Seattle (8/10) Missoula (8/13) 2022 Nashville (9/16)

• Options

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    ikiT said:
    OG non digital.

mine is a 54....
    Anyone have the AAA Analog Spark pressing of this? Thinking of picking it up.
  • Options
    MedozK said:
    mickeyrat said:
    ikiT said:
    OG non digital.

mine is a 54....
    Anyone have the AAA Analog Spark pressing of this? Thinking of picking it up.
    Link? I'd be down for a AAA for sure.  I'd love an original but it's so old you don't know what you're getting.