Options

______ is on my turntable right now.

Comments

• Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,040
    mrussel1 said:

What an amazing sounding record. They knocked it out of the park with this one. 
    I agree.  Brian thinks the drums are too forward but I love that.  Makes it sound like it’s in your room.  This is now my fav Dexter record.
    One of the best sounding Tone Poets so far!
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155

• Options

• Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options

• Options

• Options
    edited June 2021
    PJ gets a shout out in the liner notes (along with AIC, Soundgarden). Fun fact: Gruntruck opened for PJ the night the video for Evenflow was shot.  This record should have been a huge hit.

Cool timepiece article here:

Post edited by 1ThoughtKnown on
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,794
    edited June 2021
    dankind said:

The best punk rock cowbell drilled into my teenage brain. I haven't heard them in long time but can't forget whatever that catchy number is that all the groovy cats listened to. Ahhhh heck. Is that the dayglo abortions?
  • Options
    Loujoe said:
    dankind said:

The best punk rock cowbell drilled into my teenage brain. I haven't heard them in long time but can't forget whatever that catchy number is that all the groovy cats listened to. Ahhhh heck. Is that the dayglo abortions?
    Nope. Butthole Surfers. But Dayglo is awesome… Especially Two Dogs F**king. 
  • Options
    CRAZY GOOD
  • Options
    ^^Had rage and toots in my hand, put them back and picked the unknown. 
    My ears are glad I did.
    Toots is great but have it already.

• Options

Art Blakey And The Jazz Messengers* ‎– The Witch Doctor

Label:
    Blue Note Records ‎– B0032875-01, Blue Note Records ‎– BST 84258, Blue Note ‎– ST-84258
    Series:
    Format:
    Vinyl, LP, Album, Reissue, Stereo, 180g, Gatefold 
    Released:
    Genre:
    Style:
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,632

Label:
    Blue Note Records ‎– B0032875-01, Blue Note Records ‎– BST 84258, Blue Note ‎– ST-84258
    Series:
    Format:
    Released:
    Genre:
    Style:
    Nice, new one!  How is it?  I'm not familiar with the record either.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Label:
    Series:
    Format:
    Released:
    Genre:
    Style:
    Great record. Matt Chamberlain is a fan of this one. KG did the best job he could with the source tape. Drums sound a little hot unfortunately, but I have enjoyed spinning that one myself. 
  • Options
    edited June 2021

Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,837
    dankind said:

I have the same turntable. It's currently on sabbatical though as I was having trouble with the cartridge or something, and sound was only coming from one channel. I thought it might be the old receiver I have, but when I swapped turntables it was fixed. I'll have to get it serviced at some point because it's such a great sounding turntable.
  • Options
    eddiec said:
    dankind said:

I have the same turntable. It's currently on sabbatical though as I was having trouble with the cartridge or something, and sound was only coming from one channel. I thought it might be the old receiver I have, but when I swapped turntables it was fixed. I'll have to get it serviced at some point because it's such a great sounding turntable.
    Did you try cleaning the contacts where your cartridge meets the tonearm with a pencil eraser? That does the trick sometimes. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,837
    dankind said:
    eddiec said:
    dankind said:

Did you try cleaning the contacts where your cartridge meets the tonearm with a pencil eraser? That does the trick sometimes. 
    I tried that and I thought it had done the trick, but it became a recurring problem. Mid-song one speaker would just go off, or have very little sound. The thing probably hasn't been serviced in 20 years.
  • Options
    eddiec said:
    dankind said:
    eddiec said:
    dankind said:

I tried that and I thought it had done the trick, but it became a recurring problem. Mid-song one speaker would just go off, or have very little sound. The thing probably hasn't been serviced in 20 years.
    Ah. Well, probably good for another 40 years after you have her serviced.  

Fantastic machines. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,798

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options

• Options
    mrussel1 said:

Label:
    Series:
    Format:
    Released:
    Genre:
    Style:
    Great record. Matt Chamberlain is a fan of this one. KG did the best job he could with the source tape. Drums sound a little hot unfortunately, but I have enjoyed spinning that one myself. 

Man, are the drums hot!!!!  That's my only complaint.  I've never heard this record before.  It's a great set, with great players!  Highly recommended!!!
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:

I’m waiting for the Gobots soundtrack 
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,632
    dankind said:

There's some criticism of this being noisy.  How is yours?

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:

There's some criticism of this being noisy.  How is yours?

Considering we were just blasting it for our suppertime music, it sounded great to all of us (except the boy, who wanted his daily dose of the Transformers soundtrack, so, of course, I played side 2 of Petty twice). :lol:
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,887

Young Billy Idol. 
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,887