Options

______ is on my turntable right now.

Comments

• Options
    Attaway77Attaway77 Posts: 2,886

1998 Dallas (7/5) 2006 San Fran (7/15,7/16) 2009 San Fran (8/28) 2010 Bristow (5/13) NY (5/21) 2011 Alpine Valley (9/3,9/4)
    2012 Missoula (9/30) 2013 Chicago (7/19) Pittsburgh (10/11) Buffalo (10/12) Baltimore (10/27) Dallas (11/15)
    2014 Austin (10/12) Memphis (10/14) St. Paul (10/19) Milwaukee (10/20) Denver (10/22)
    2016 Ft. Lauderdale (4/8) Miami (4/9) Hampton (4/18) Philly (4/28,4/29) NY (5/1,5/2) 2018 Seattle (8/10) Missoula (8/13) 2022 Nashville (9/16)

E.V. - 2008 Berkeley (4/8) 2012 Austin (11/9,11/12)
    Temple of the Dog - 2016 Upper Darby

• Options

• Options
    Attaway77Attaway77 Posts: 2,886

1998 Dallas (7/5) 2006 San Fran (7/15,7/16) 2009 San Fran (8/28) 2010 Bristow (5/13) NY (5/21) 2011 Alpine Valley (9/3,9/4)
    2012 Missoula (9/30) 2013 Chicago (7/19) Pittsburgh (10/11) Buffalo (10/12) Baltimore (10/27) Dallas (11/15)
    2014 Austin (10/12) Memphis (10/14) St. Paul (10/19) Milwaukee (10/20) Denver (10/22)
    2016 Ft. Lauderdale (4/8) Miami (4/9) Hampton (4/18) Philly (4/28,4/29) NY (5/1,5/2) 2018 Seattle (8/10) Missoula (8/13) 2022 Nashville (9/16)

E.V. - 2008 Berkeley (4/8) 2012 Austin (11/9,11/12)
    Temple of the Dog - 2016 Upper Darby

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,788

what does you slipmat say?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,791
    edited January 2021
    Tragically Hip !!! (I don't know that band yet) so much music so little time.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,631
    I was ten when this hit MTV and I couldn't take my eyes off the videos.  I remember my brother in law, who was 15 years older than me, saying how impressed he was that ZZTop reinvented themselves.  I had no idea what he was talking about since I thought they were the coolest cats in the world.  But after I got a bit older I realized what an amazing feat that a band that was the antithesis of 80s MTV (Old, bluesy, bearded,  ugly) got so huge.  While polished and so different than a Hombres or Deguello, there's no arguing it kicked ass.

• Options
    May 30thMay 30th Posts: 1,655

• Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    Great AAA KG Cut from VMP

• Options
    Nice,  that's on my list too
  • Options
    Another KG AAA Cut for VMP

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Make sure to give them a bath. STATIC galore with these, various pops on side 1 at first. Cleaned up and practically dead quite now. Was VERY disappointed at first. Sound is very nice.
  • Options
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Make sure to give them a bath. STATIC galore with these, various pops on side 1 at first. Cleaned up and practically dead quite now. Was VERY disappointed at first. Sound is very nice.
    Yeah I usually don't on new records so good advice.  Coincidentally my Okki Nokki stopped working yesterday.  I was very concerned until a realized it was just a fuse 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Yeah I usually don't on new records so good advice.  Coincidentally my Okki Nokki stopped working yesterday.  I was very concerned until a realized it was just a fuse 
    Well that is good, that would be an expensive replacement. I don't use my Okki Nokki probably as much as I should. I usually only use it for bin finds that are pretty dirty. For a quick bath, like the VMP pressings needed, I use my spin clean. Really not trying to "Clean" as much as get rid of pressing residue or static.
  • Options

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:

what does you slipmat say?
    Lou was right.  But here is a pic of it without a disc. It came with the Hip’s vinyl box set.  The Hip are like hockey in Canada, not everyone loves it, but everyone is very aware of the existence 👍
  • Options

Was tired last night and couldn’t finish it. Listening to the Frog Brigade’s cover of Jack Iron’s version of Shine on You Crazy Diamond and then their cover of Animals front to back. 
    The people that were there must have stood there with their jaws dropped. This is a great pressing as well. If you can get this... don’t hesitate. 
  • Options

• Options

Was tired last night and couldn’t finish it. Listening to the Frog Brigade’s cover of Jack Iron’s version of Shine on You Crazy Diamond and then their cover of Animals front to back. 
    The people that were there must have stood there with their jaws dropped. This is a great pressing as well. If you can get this... don’t hesitate. 
    I probably told you this but I'll tell it again. 
    Irving Plaza  nyc. This tour. End of first set les announces before break..."I hope you guys like pink floyd"

Comes out pigmasked and starts into Animals. Yes I was floored!!! The people I was with had no idea what they experienced and still don't. I was telling everyone about it for about a week until I realized no one cared....until now!!!!!!
    Thank you thank you thank youuuu...
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:

I dig that record. I think my pressing is white.  Which one is that?
  • Options

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:

TMR Vault
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:

TMR Vault
    Damn, this reminds me.  I have to decide whether to sign up for the vault tonight.  I've been out for two years now.  The new one looks pretty good.
  • Options
    I didn’t cancel, but I might try to trade mine for the old Margo Price vault.

I’m sure some folks feel like they got “stuck” with that one.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:

I pulled the trigger.  The set looks great and hopefully their hype is real.  Set looks similar to Bonnaroo.  Hopefully a tad less talking about Johnny Depp and such.  Margo - That's the vault when I exited, coincidentally.  If you have trouble finding a trade partner, I know someone that definitely feels stuck with it.  I don't think he unloaded.  I can connect you if you don't find anyone.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:

I pulled the trigger.  The set looks great and hopefully their hype is real.  Set looks similar to Bonnaroo.  Hopefully a tad less talking about Johnny Depp and such.  Margo - That's the vault when I exited, coincidentally.  If you have trouble finding a trade partner, I know someone that definitely feels stuck with it.  I don't think he unloaded.  I can connect you if you don't find anyone.

I have one too.....

• Options
    Loujoe said:

I probably told you this but I'll tell it again. 
    Irving Plaza  nyc. This tour. End of first set les announces before break..."I hope you guys like pink floyd"

Comes out pigmasked and starts into Animals. Yes I was floored!!! The people I was with had no idea what they experienced and still don't. I was telling everyone about it for about a week until I realized no one cared....until now!!!!!!
    Thank you thank you thank youuuu...
    I should have known you were there.  😎
    As brilliant as it sounds on my turntable, iIm not sure what exponent I would have to use to imagine experiencing it in person. It’s my favourite live album right now ....probably until I spin Vault 10.  That’s a jaw-dropping show I was lucky enough to attend. 
  • Options
    ^^^Great you were there. Will be the first time I heard that show when I get the vault. 
    You need to have a special 'misunderstanding' of music to enjoy Les. Some people understandably don't get it. It took me a while for it to click with me. A lot of the music I enjoy hits people the wrong way.
  • Options
    Loujoe said:
    ^^^Great you were there. Will be the first time I heard that show when I get the vault. 
    You need to have a special 'misunderstanding' of music to enjoy Les. Some people understandably don't get it. It took me a while for it to click with me. A lot of the music I enjoy hits people the wrong way.
    Les is his own genre. 
  • Options

I SAW PEARL JAM