May 30thMay 30th Posts: 1,658
    New Isbell 
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,678
    dankind said:

My favorite Floyd, but even this reissue feels distant to me.  It's doesn't compare with DSOTM or Meddle.
  • Options
    Man,  if you have 20 bucks burning a hole but don't own this Kevin Gray mastered version of Rumours, make haste.  It's a spectacular mastering of a spectacular record.  You'll hear things that you never knew existed even if you know these songs in and out.

• Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,847

• Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    mrussel1 said:
    Man,  if you have 20 bucks burning a hole but don't own this Kevin Gray mastered version of Rumours, make haste.  It's a spectacular mastering of a spectacular record.  You'll hear things that you never knew existed even if you know these songs in and out.

^^^ Facts!
  • Options

• Options

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    mrussel1 said:

I haven't heard this BUT the last 1 minute of Go Your Own Way is the best guitar solo ever recorded...

I do like a nice remix.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    nicely warped with time. Still sounds great. I remember my mom taking me to a record store with my cousin when I picked this up.
    Dear Mom. I salute YOU!!!
    She also dropped me off at CBGB to catch the hardcore matinee shows. Damn. I have the best mom.
    Just recently she was asking me about that horrible song I used to crank in my room. I saw your mommy, by suicidal tendencies. Holy flashbacks...
  • Options

• Options
    ^^^Up the Irons!!!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options

• Options
    anyone notice the hidden message in the blood...you have to use a little imagination, but I'm sure it's intentional.
  • Options
    Love this jacket and record 
  • Options
    if you listen to fools...THE MOB RULES!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Read somewhere tony iommi hacked his fingers off a bit in an accident. I think that adds to his unique almost awkward choppy guitar style. I dig it.
  • Options
    sorry. So damn good.
    Bud hooked me up with this. I've been hunting for a while. Completes all my sabbath that's worth listening to.
    Lp's got some mad depth...
    '
  • Options
    lanoisseforplanoisseforp Posts: 469
    This is one of the most unusual Prince albums because of the total sound change from his previous records. Prince was accused for leaving his black fans behind and he cleared it up during an MTV interview he wanted to be judged by the quality of his work rather than the color of his skin. The record is a master piece, with the artwork and labels and of course the music. It's hard to believe I bought this record 35 years ago and where did the time go?
    ikiT said:

• Options
    edited May 2020
    This some how became a double post... The contents of the post is just a above. 
    Post edited by lanoisseforp on
  • Options

I listened to both of these records last night and they sound really good and are my favorite Cult Records.

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,880

I listened to both of these records last night and they sound really good and are my favorite Cult Records.

sonic temple tour was a great show.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    the sonics on that Prince record are pretty expansive...lotta room in there.

the guitar sound and solo on the last song?  hell yeah.

Time? that stuff evaporates.
    Post edited by ikiT on
  • Options
    ikiT said:

Y'all watch the Purple Rain era show on YouTube?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,047
    dankind said:
    ikiT said:

I plan on watching later today!
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    dankind said:
    ikiT said:

Minor spoiler: JEROME!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:
    dankind said:
    ikiT said:

Minor spoiler: JEROME!
    I wish this was the infamous Sheila E. show.
  • Options
    Loujoe said:
    nicely warped with time. Still sounds great. I remember my mom taking me to a record store with my cousin when I picked this up.
    Dear Mom. I salute YOU!!!
    She also dropped me off at CBGB to catch the hardcore matinee shows. Damn. I have the best mom.
    Just recently she was asking me about that horrible song I used to crank in my room. I saw your mommy, by suicidal tendencies. Holy flashbacks...
    I remember a Back in Black cassette with my grandparents at Caldors.