Options

______ is on my turntable right now.

Comments

• Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,495
    dankind said:
    cutz said:
    Loujoe said:
    this is hitting the tt now. Thanks for reminding me. Will bust out traffic.if I stay awake long enough!
    I dig this Album too.

I saw Clapton & Windwood and they played 2 or 3  songs from this Album. (along with some Traffic songs)

I WISH I could listen to Albums but for some reason when I play a record ONLY sound comes out of 1 speaker. Speakers (5) all work when I play a CD and watch TV.
    Check your cartridge contacts with the tonearm. Might just be a failed connection there.
    Thanks. I'll have to look up how to do that. 
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    cutz said:
    dankind said:
    cutz said:
    Loujoe said:
    this is hitting the tt now. Thanks for reminding me. Will bust out traffic.if I stay awake long enough!
    I dig this Album too.

I saw Clapton & Windwood and they played 2 or 3  songs from this Album. (along with some Traffic songs)

I WISH I could listen to Albums but for some reason when I play a record ONLY sound comes out of 1 speaker. Speakers (5) all work when I play a CD and watch TV.
    Check your cartridge contacts with the tonearm. Might just be a failed connection there.

Those colored wires can come loose or get separated by dust/gunk from their contact points. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,718
    cutz said:
    dankind said:
    cutz said:
    Loujoe said:
    I dig this Album too.

Reverse your cables too. See if the sound flips channels.  Could be a bad cable. 
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209

• Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,961
    ^^^wow. Good morning!!!!
    I went for a mellow approach to today.
    Maybe end with some metallica!
  • Options
    Loujoe said:
    ^^^wow. Good morning!!!!
    I went for a mellow approach to today.
    Maybe end with some metallica!
    Ha, yea for some reason, I wanted this album yesterday, and never got to it...so I started the day with a bang..lol
  • Options

• Options
    MedozK said:

Memories.... the last good Metallica record....
  • Options

• Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007

Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    ikiT said:

Nice!, I am more of a CD guy for classical, cause the vinyl must be VERY quiet. But if you can find nice pressings..it can sound amazing.
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    HVK is the man.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    dankind said:
    cutz said:
    dankind said:
    cutz said:
    Loujoe said:
    I dig this Album too.

Those colored wires can come loose or get separated by dust/gunk from their contact points. 
    I'll have to check that out.

Whats the best way to clean that?  

Thanks.
    Post edited by cutz on
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    cutz said:
    dankind said:
    cutz said:
    Loujoe said:
    I dig this Album too.

Reverse your cables too. See if the sound flips channels.  Could be a bad cable. 
    I'll have to try that when I'm really up to it. I have so many wires back there that its a pain in the ass and its hard to see. 

Any idea what it could be if I do that and it's still only plays from that one speaker?

Thanks for the info.
  • Options
    cutz said:
    mrussel1 said:
    cutz said:
    dankind said:
    cutz said:
    Loujoe said:
    I dig this Album too.

I'll have to try that when I'm really up to it. I have so many wires back there that its a pain in the ass and its hard to see. 

Any idea what it could be if I do that and it's still only plays from that one speaker?

Thanks for the info.
    If you reverse and the same speaker is out, then it's in your phono preamp stage.  I think you said your other components work fine.  If it switches,  then I would replace the cable and also check the wires in the head shell like Dankind was saying.  It's all process of elimination.
  • Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155

• Options

Not familiar with that one!  Is it official and is it 45 rpm?
  • Options
    My inner beatnik...

• Options
    edited April 2020
    mrussel1 said:

Not familiar with that one!  Is it official and is it 45 rpm?
    Official and a great pressing. 2009 RTI pressing (33RPM), cut by BG from analogue tape.

Post edited by MedozK on
  • Options
    ^^Interesting.  Not a cheap copy at this point, even the black.  I have the 2013 Abby Road DMM mastered one.  It sounds really good, but maybe a bit bright.  
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,014
    edited April 2020
    define cheap....
    Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    ^^Interesting.  Not a cheap copy at this point, even the black.  I have the 2013 Abby Road DMM mastered one.  It sounds really good, but maybe a bit bright.  
    It is a great copy, sounds fantastic. 
    There is a Pallas Pressing which is apparently a more neon yellow. I believe there were only a thousand copies of that one. 

• Options
    Attaway77Attaway77 Posts: 2,897
    Slipknot - Iowa
    1998 Dallas (7/5) 2006 San Fran (7/15,7/16) 2009 San Fran (8/28) 2010 Bristow (5/13) NY (5/21) 2011 Alpine Valley (9/3,9/4)
    2012 Missoula (9/30) 2013 Chicago (7/19) Pittsburgh (10/11) Buffalo (10/12) Baltimore (10/27) Dallas (11/15)
    2014 Austin (10/12) Memphis (10/14) St. Paul (10/19) Milwaukee (10/20) Denver (10/22)
    2016 Ft. Lauderdale (4/8) Miami (4/9) Hampton (4/18) Philly (4/28,4/29) NY (5/1,5/2) 2018 Seattle (8/10) Missoula (8/13) 2022 Nashville (9/16)

E.V. - 2008 Berkeley (4/8) 2012 Austin (11/9,11/12)
    Temple of the Dog - 2016 Upper Darby

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    It is a great copy, sounds fantastic. 
    There is a Pallas Pressing which is apparently a more neon yellow. I believe there were only a thousand copies of that one. 

There was a black vinyl version also pressed at Pallas. You just have to make sure you find the ones plated at RTI. The 2009s are excellent pressings of In Utero.
  • Options
    Edved82Edved82 Ireland Posts: 1,257
    Laughing Stock by the band Talk Talk. Beautiful album.
    "...though my problems are meaningless....that don't make them go away...."
  • Options

• Options

• Options

Is that the Marantz TT you have there?  If so, how do you like it?  It's very attractive, but I have not read much on its fidelity.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Is that the Marantz TT you have there?  If so, how do you like it?  It's very attractive, but I have not read much on its fidelity.  
    It is the Marantz TT. 
    I love it.... I used an old Akai from ‘81 my mother bought new (still have it) and thought it was time for an upgrade. Bought this one that was returned (so got a decent deal) to the store. 

I found this review and with a little more research began looking for one. Have a read if you want. 
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,961
    Classy 'Jamaican vocal harmony trio'"found cigarettes in my ashtray and I don't smoke...that means someone else is putting milk in my coffee...pack your things and go...you came to wreck my lonely lonely lonely life"
    Was an easy snag on past rsd. Only like 500 made I think. I dig when I thought there was no chance of getting something, and there it was waiting for me.
    I'm missing that thrill. Low on the list of bad things that can happen to me now, but still stinks. Enjoyed getting up before the sun was up and waiting alone at my local record joint, other like minded music freaks slowly joining me, crazy talk for a few hours, the anticipation, doors open and finding a few gems to add to my collection. Maybe not what I was looking for, but maybe I got what I wanted even before the doors opened...
    Take care my fellow record freaks