albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,960
    I took  the  garlic out. Put some peppers in. These poppies  were here  when i got the plot and come each year for a month. Ive never seen any like them. Massive and like paper  leaves.

brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Good looking stuff, Rob!

Seeds are starting to sprout. Counted 30 bean plants yesterday, 6 butternut squash, a yellow squash and a few corn. 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,883

It all looks great. The flowers look gorgeous.

• Options
    Thanks i just made peppermint tea . First time ever from my mint 
     It was so good. I will  be having  lots .
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    Thanks i just made peppermint tea . First time ever from my mint 
     It was so good. I will  be having  lots .
    That's good because mint likes to take over! 
  • Options
    Yes i had several varieties already there when i took over. A lemon balm.  Spearmint and i added peppermint . Its a lovely smell. I picked  sime thyme .parsley and sage. I love  the smell of herbs.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    edited June 2020
    I planted some more lemon balm this year and have some lavender hyssop I am trying. Apparently that is an anise flavor member of the mint family. 

I'll throw this out to my fellow growers. I had someone give me Bishop Weed/Ground Elder. Not thinking, I happily accepted the offer and planted what she passed on. I'm kind of wondering if it really is as evil as people say. Thinking I might need to pull it and toss it. Any gardener's advice on this one?  @rgambs
    Post edited by deadendp on
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Yeah, I can now identify Swiss chard and kale. Y’all probably know what the rest of this stuff is. 

Looks good right now to me. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,919
    Finally got the deck garden planted.

These giant snap dragons have turned into perennials.  This is their fourth year blooming.  If you look closely, you can see a bee butt in one of the flowers.

"What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    We cut the irises down to nothing last autumn.  They came back with a bang this spring.

The peonies and the rhododendron also were lovely this year.  Unfortunately, their blooms are already done.

Not a great picture, but our Pacific dogwood is currently blooming.

• Options
    Those colours are immense 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    Those colours are immense 
    That’s Mother Nature, not me lol
  • Options
    Yes i witness this wonder each visit to my garden and it is powerful
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Rhody blooms are gorgeous!  Walking through a rhododendron tunnel in the Appalachian mountains is a sacred experience any time of year, but when they are in bloom, it's simply exalting.

I just used my last quart of tomato sauce from last year.  I still have a gallon and half frozen in the deep freeze, and 1 quart chopped frozen pepper blend, so I've done well at using up the harvest but making it last.

This is the quiet before the storm gets rolling.  Spring planting is done, just a few more succession plantings to go.  Spinach went bunk this year so not much in the way of greens this year, and so did beets, so I will miss that early July treat.  
    Early July though is when the riot begins...black raspberries and blueberries will need an hour of picking every day, or 2.5 every other day.  Snap peas will be coming in daily.  Weeding will still need done weekly, and the grass will still need cut every weekend. Tomatoes will need pruning and training. As soon as the berries and peas fade out the beans will be coming on with the summer squash, and the early kohlrabi should be ready.  Onions will need topped over and loosened up.  Black and Blue Jam and jelly will occupy all my spare time and the Squeezo strainer will occupy a permanent spot in the kitchen until October.  Of course, things really get crazy in August and the weeds will win the battle out as I spend more time inside cooking and preserving the harvest than outside tending it.  
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    Inspiring as always.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,020
    I keep thinking I'm gonna see someones cannabis plants but I keep getting let down...
  • Options
    I keep thinking I'm gonna see someones cannabis plants but I keep getting let down...
    I may have shared this before. 

My dad used to grow it in the backyard. Tucked off to the side. About 500 feet or less from the expressway. Neighbors cows got out. (It happened occasionally.) He found that they decided to go herbal. Stoned cows tripping over each other through our back pasture. My dad, knowing they milked the cows, fessed up to the neighbors and warned them to avoid their milk for a bit. No one turned him in. 
  • Options
    You will. My brother lowkey grows. Its illegal here.  But i will find a pic of him and his 2 trees is all i can describe  them as. He had 9 ft tall plants that had like 11 0z in total. Mad. Just  grown outdoors in uk. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,020
    You will. My brother lowkey grows. Its illegal here.  But i will find a pic of him and his 2 trees is all i can describe  them as. He had 9 ft tall plants that had like 11 0z in total. Mad. Just  grown outdoors in uk. 
    I'd like to try it, though I don't smoke, just to say I did.
  • Options

brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options

Mystery perennial. 

It rained and cooled down. It's all because my daughter washed the cars. :lol:
  • Options
    @lastexitlondon Rob, your garden is looking delicious.

@deadendp beautiful views.  I looked up your mystery perennial.  It looks like it might be this:

We had a day of light rain yesterday.  I swear the plants and flowers grew overnight!

• Options
    @lastexitlondon Rob, your garden is looking delicious.

@deadendp beautiful views.  I looked up your mystery perennial.  It looks like it might be this:

We had a day of light rain yesterday.  I swear the plants and flowers grew overnight!

Thank you, 5E! Gorgeous views there yourself! 
  • Options

brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options

brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    edited June 2020
    First real things of the year.
    Some  kale. Lettuce and carrots  and some parsley. Oh and the greens
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Glorious!  My spinach, lettuce, and beets all failed this year so the sugar snap peas is all I'm getting right now, but damn it's good to be back in action.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    Oh and i forgot. The  purple sprouting broccoli is amazing. My favourite  so far
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    And it's Rosie with a carrot!  Does she walk down to the garden with you or do you carry her there and back?  Our daughter could bust out a few miles on foot at that age.