****european Touring Bus 2006**** Attendees Thread

Comments

• EnehEneh Posts: 145
    *bump* and out the door again...
    *bump* and drop dead - lol
  • Jaymac wrote:
    Arrive for like 12pm.. That way you get to hang out on the bus for a while before queuing, and you'll get to know everyone :)

thanks a lot jaymac!

that is exactly the answer i was looking for i'm sitting in a berlin hostel common room and paid for internet only because i hoped to find out something so thank you thank you thank you

it's like eight or something hours till i will expierence my first pj gig so wecould have a BIG BUMP on that
    just wanted to dance to bad music
    drive bad cars
    watch bad t.v.
  • PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    WOW!!
    Picture of the ETB in the official ones for Torino!!
    http://www.pearljam.com/i/tourphotos/20060919/1.jpg

Way to go Kerenza!! thanks!
    The Bus looks Great! Huge from the outside, quite intimate on the inside. It was fun meeting you! Although I probably cant remember half of the names. lol.

and a hello to dane! Dont know if you actually realised its me next to Pin. lol.
  • danedane Posts: 1,062
    Eneh wrote:
    The Bus looks Great! Huge from the outside, quite intimate on the inside. It was fun meeting you! Although I probably cant remember half of the names. lol.

and a hello to dane! Dont know if you actually realised its me next to Pin. lol.

What!!?? That was you?? I was introduced to so many people that night, that the only ones I can remember are Carlos and Pin. Well, I'm so sorry about that. Hope you can forgive me......
    Anyways, that was one helluva show! Can't say that I have alot to compare with, but it seems that most people thought it was one of the better. (though the italians might dislike Eddie's remark somewhat;))
    And all at the sudden it's over and I'm back home eating dinner at my parents house. Man, talk about a change of enviroment!! All that remains are the memories of a great show, where Baba O'Riley and Black stands out.
    I'll be seeing you all next year in Copenhagen and the next few days in the Berlin fanviews thread.
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
    :-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-
    "This is not wine that I'm drinking tonight. This is Gatorade!" EV-Copenhagen 26-06-07
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Pegasus wrote:
    WOW!!
    Picture of the ETB in the official ones for Torino!!
    http://www.pearljam.com/i/tourphotos/20060919/1.jpg

Way to go Kerenza!! thanks!

How cool is that!!!!
  • JaymacJaymac Posts: 513
    redrock wrote:
    How cool is that!!!!

That's just FUCKING AWESOME!!!
    23/08/2006 - Dublin; 29/08/2006 - Arnhem; 30/08/2006 - Antwerp; 18/06/2007 - London; 18/08/2009 - London<br>

Proud member of the European Touring Bus 2006!
    Jaymac wrote:
    That's just FUCKING AWESOME!!!

I agree. Seeing that bus on a boulevard in front of Wuhlheide, Berlin was so cool! They travel with style!
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
    "This is not wine that I'm drinking tonight. This is Gatorade!" EV-Copenhagen 26-06-07
    Yeah, when I finally found them! lol. As of course I looked for the bus in the parking area. Of course me stupid no-drivers-licence didnt realise that the parking area is for cars and not for buses. lol. so i had to ask around and imagine doing that in that huge area of the FEZ. and in the end they send me out on the street from where I arrived. lol.

@ dane. lol. dont worry. I could have "introduced" myself a little bit more openly. But then sooooo many faces, soooooo many names, and I am good with words when typing them, its a bit more difficult when meeting people for the first time for real. isnt it.
    and *bump*
  • Hey guys. Im on the bus. Its AMAZING!! Hi from Sid and Barbara (the seeker74). were all having a blast. We gotta hurry up to the venue. hehe. talk to you later, lots of impressions. SO GREAT!!!
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
    ETB'ers... If you read this... try to get Skinny Dude's uke to Ed!!!!!

Stian, Gitta and Pin.. how are you holding up after such a long time on the bus?????
  • PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    redrock wrote:
    ETB'ers... If you read this... try to get Skinny Dude's uke to Ed!!!!!

Stian, Gitta and Pin.. how are you holding up after such a long time on the bus?????
    he needs to ask Jake. That's what the portuguese did with theirs...and it certainly got to Ed!
    Eneh wrote:
    @ dane. lol. dont worry. I could have "introduced" myself a little bit more openly. But then sooooo many faces, soooooo many names, and I am good with words when typing them, its a bit more difficult when meeting people for the first time for real. isnt it.

OK. Thanks. Was starting to feel a bit like a dick. Was Stian sitting amongst you, when I met you? Didn't see him anywhere. But most of the ETB'ers were looking a bit worn out (sorry ;)), so I might not have been able to recognize him.
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
    no - we first met next to the bus i think? I dont remember that one. And then when Pin and me walked back to the 10C line and you sat there with your friend. Just a short hello really.

Stian then was still on the bus, I think. I just saw him there. Before the concert and then after the concert when they left. Which was really hard. Them driving of and me staying behind. Damn. lol.
  • bump
    O gifted men, vainglorious for first place,
    how short a time the laurel crown stays green

A breath of wind is all there is to fame
    here upon earth: it blows this way and that,
    and when it changes quarter it changes name.
    -Dante
    Dublin 23/08/2006
    Leeds 25/08/2006
  • So the ETB will soon be going to their last show. I wonder if they are pleased it's nearly over especially those who have been on it since the start?
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
    So the ETB will soon be going to their last show. I wonder if they are pleased it's nearly over especially those who have been on it since the start?

Hmm. I was wondering the same thing. Even though it sounds impossible, I think that deep down, they're pleased. When I met them, they all looked very tired and partied out. No offense. I would look like hell after day 4! :D
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
    Hm, but can you imagine going home and being back in everyday life after 5 weeks? lol
  • Eneh wrote:
    Hm, but can you imagine going home and being back in everyday life after 5 weeks? lol

I think after 5 weeks of being on the bus I'd actually be glad to be back home :) Would be cool to just chill out and do things when you want to as opposed to having to because everyone is together.
    Then again I'm someone who likes their own space a lot.
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
    Eneh wrote:

Guess it would be like coming home from the Roskilde festival, except 5 times worse. Most be an awefull sight!!!!
    And all of the sudden you have to maintain a minimum of personal hygein, behave sorta wellmannered, not drink 4 beers before noon and not shout obscenitees. Not an easy job!
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
    And on top probably "smile" a lot when asked where you´ve been, why you did it and so on and so on and so on.
    dane wrote:
    And all of the sudden you have to maintain a minimum of personal hygein, behave sorta wellmannered, not drink 4 beers before noon and not shout obscenitees. Not an easy job!

Damn social behaviour! ! :D:D:D
  • dane wrote:
    Guess it would be like coming home from the Roskilde festival, except 5 times worse. Most be an awefull sight!!!!
    Shite :eek: well I guess I HAVEN'T settled back to normality then :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    This bus looks familiar....picture courtesy of Kerensa on 10club.....

http://www.tenclub.net/i/tourphotos/20060919/1.jpg

Edit: I've just noticed that I'm a few days late with the pic. Whoops! :o
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    I thought that some of the band would have walked out to the bus at some point to meet with the travelers. It would be a shame if they were planning to vist the bus in Greece.
    (Sorry, this may be sounding a tad negative).
  • parel jamparel jam Posts: 7,223
    Byrnzie wrote:
    It would be a shame if they were planning to vist the bus in Greece.
    (Sorry, this may be sounding a tad negative).

What I've understood when talking to Stian on the bus is that Zagreb, Croatia was the last stop. The bus is going back to London again...
    ♪♫♪♫♫

http://youtube.com/watch?v=U_-WGNRyRzU

♪♫♪♫♫
  • OMG, i miss the bus already and PJ too.
    Gitta is sitting next to me cause she got stuck in Zagreb for the day. shes taking the midnight train to ATHENS (me=jealous) :D

Anyways, too many things to say right now, still needto sleep couple more nights, but I had a BLAST. Id do it again in a heart beat, even the whole tour like Stian, Pin and Gitta :)

So overwhelmed right now since, well, uhm, Verona,. but last nite...OMG!!!
    That was MY flag on the stage! Nuff said how I feel.
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • dane wrote:
    Hmm. I was wondering the same thing. Even though it sounds impossible, I think that deep down, they're pleased. When I met them, they all looked very tired and partied out. No offense. I would look like hell after day 4! :D

Probably not speaking for Stian or Pin but I could definitely go on doing this for another 5 weeks or so. Just checked my bank account......Great news....I actually still have money in the bank.....sitting here in an internetcafe with cropdustresss in Zagreb.I am pretty certain now that I go down to australia.First thing I do when I get home is to buy myself a plane ticket.Fingers crossed.

CARLOS IS MY MAN
    2006 :
    ASTORIA & COMPLETE EURO LEG & COMPLETE AUSSIE LEG

2008 :
    VANCOUVER 1&2; MSG 1&2; HARTFORD; MANSFIELD 1&2

2009:
    SEATTLE 1&2; VANCOUVER