****european Touring Bus 2006**** Attendees Thread

Comments

• Morning bump :)
    O gifted men, vainglorious for first place,
    how short a time the laurel crown stays green

A breath of wind is all there is to fame
    here upon earth: it blows this way and that,
    and when it changes quarter it changes name.
    -Dante
    Dublin 23/08/2006
    Leeds 25/08/2006
  • EnehEneh Posts: 145
    and a Friday afternoon *bump*
  • i haven't bumped this for LOOONG time so here you go a saturday morning and a 7 days till i get on the bus bump from me
    just wanted to dance to bad music
    drive bad cars
    watch bad t.v.
  • Hey - this is a message for cropdustress, I've been trying to get in contact for a while now about the Zagrb 10c ticket your purchasing off me. I just want confirmation you definately still want it and would like to sort out some arrangements for meeting up on the day - see your instant messages or your email. I see you are trying to get on the bus - that would make it easy!! I think u might be lucky, last I checked there was a few spaces for Prague to Zagreb leg - my fingers are crossed for you, sounds like the rest of them are having a ball!! Message or email me asap, just to stop me fretting!!
    *bump*
    uh - lots of booze. lol.

thanks. but I want even more pics. lol.

and *bump*
    *bump*
  • Hey - this is a message for cropdustress, I've been trying to get in contact for a while now about the Zagrb 10c ticket your purchasing off me. I just want confirmation you definately still want it and would like to sort out some arrangements for meeting up on the day - see your instant messages or your email. I see you are trying to get on the bus - that would make it easy!! I think u might be lucky, last I checked there was a few spaces for Prague to Zagreb leg - my fingers are crossed for you, sounds like the rest of them are having a ball!! Message or email me asap, just to stop me fretting!!

Hey, I got your email. I AM on the bus! YAY! I mean, I WILL be there, so we can take care of all this then ;)

And I sent you and sms or two, hope you got them. :) THANKS!
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • ZimzuMZimzuM Posts: 209
    is there a page with photos from the whole tour ?
    2/3/98 Melbourne, 18/2/03 Melbourne, 19/2/03 Melbourne, 20/2/03 Melbourne, 4/9/06 Lisbon, 5/9/06 Lisbon, 7/9/06 Madrid, 9/9/06 Marsielle, 11/9/06 Paris, 7/11/06 Sydney, 8/11/06 Sydney, 10/11/06 Brisbane, 11/11/06 Brisbane, 13/11/06 Melbourne, 14/11/06 Melbourne, 16/11/06 Melbourne, 20/11/00 Melbourne
    *bump*
  • JaymacJaymac Posts: 513
    Bottom of the page bump!
    23/08/2006 - Dublin; 29/08/2006 - Arnhem; 30/08/2006 - Antwerp; 18/06/2007 - London; 18/08/2009 - London<br>

Proud member of the European Touring Bus 2006!
  • hey all
    I left the bus last saturday... I had the time of my life there, I never met so many great people in my whole life, living with PJ ffans 24 hours/day what a dream! Thanks to all those great persons! especially Stian, Pin, Gitta, Carlos, Pablo, Paul the driver etc... it's really hard to get back to reality :-(
  • danedane Posts: 1,062
    Whoa. Finaly back from vacation. Couldn't wait to get back to the board.
    And mrs. Bump, once again you have proven that you deserve the title. You've been real busy!!
    It's so cool to read the posts from the ETB'ers as they get back. Sounds like the coolest thing ever!Keep posting.

BTW In just 96 hours me and the boys will be rockin' out at Wuhlheide, Berlin.
    I so excited I'm shaking!!
    YYYYYEEEEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
    :-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-
    "This is not wine that I'm drinking tonight. This is Gatorade!" EV-Copenhagen 26-06-07
    welcome back dane. good to have you here, as PopKomm is starting now, so I will be less in computer reach.
    and *bump*
    and repeating myself *bump*
  • I needed a few days to recover from an amazing weekend. So now I'm ready to write my story.
    Me and my causin Erik left Holland last saturday early in the morning. After travelin by train, bus, plane, bus, train and another bus we arrived at the Arena in Verona at 7.15 h. It was raining and raining so hard that we were already soking wet before the show started.
    On a terras near the Arena a girl with long blond hair was walking towards us with that cool ETB-tshirt on and she reconized my ETB-tshirt. Pinon welcomed us with three kisses (wow, what a welcome) and took us to the whole group on the terras. After a few beers it was time to search for our seats in the Arena. We were standing up the stairs left on Mike’s side and had a great view. It’s such a legendary place for a concert!
    The show was wet but great. Starting with Release, the same as in Arnhem, my favourite opener. Other highlights Love Boat Captain, Gone, Inside Job, Come Back (for Joey Ramone’s dying day) and My Sharona (singing My Verona).
    Afther the show we met each other on the same terras. Sitting there with about 30 people celebrating the after-party. Amazing to speak with people from the big PJ-family coming from Seattle, Vancouver, N-Ireland, Scotland, Norway (of course), Austria, Germany and Mexico.
    Everybody was drinking big beers and eating pizzas and hamburgers.
    Nobody cared about the money. I mean, they put everything on one big bill and everybody trusted each other about throwing money on the table when someone leaves. That gives me such a great feeling!
    After a lot of beers we took a taxi to the other side of Verona were the Magic Bus was parked. There we met our busdriver Paul. So great to step in that bus after so many months of waiting and looking to the foto’s on the internet. The rest arrived quit soon, so the bus went off for Milan with 14 people on board, drinking beers and talking about the great show we saw last night.
    After a good sleep I woke up and went down to see where we were. I looked out the window and saw the Datch Forum in Milan. That was so cool to see the place to be for the next show. The rest of the group was still asleep so I started reading in the tourbook were everybody wrote his story and said thanks. I wrote my own story, giving a big, big thanks to Pinon, Gitta and Stian.
    When everybody was out of bed we went together for a breakfast in a restaurant in the Datch Forum.
    In the afternoon we left the bus with pain in our hearts to go to our hotel in Milan (next day we must leave for the flight back home).
    That night we saw such an amazing show of Pearl Jam. Every day, until now, I can’t think of anything else. That Italien audience was so great, it was really an electric show!! It surprised me that, during the show, nobody was leaving for getting drinks or visiting the toilet. From the first until the last song everybody was standing, singing en dancing. The roof went of the place!!!
    Again, a fantastic setlist, with my favorites Faithfull, Black, Crazy Mary and Leash. They only played 9 times the same song in both shows where we got totaly 48 songs. After the band had finished Black, the audience was singing and singing and the whole band was just looking and listening (and Eddie crying) to that amazing crowd.
    Again, I want to thank everybody on the bus for this great trip. We met such wonderfull people that it felt one big family. I will never, ever forget it!!

André
    André, thanks so much for your report. Very vivid.

Now I can hardly wait for their arrivel in Berlin!
  • You gotta "Bump", think about what you're tryin' ta bump with mee yeaaahhh, BUMP! Let your mind go an' let your bump be freeeeeeeeeeee!

-Dante
    Dublin 23/08/2006
    Leeds 25/08/2006
  • great story andre!

i hope mine will be as good as yours

and better :D
    drive bad cars
    watch bad t.v.
  • 29/05/00 -Wembley
    20/04/06 - The Astoria alley crew + got to shake Ed's hand
    25/04/06 -Jools Show + got Mike's autograph
    27/08/06- 07/09/06- 09/09/06-13/09/06-17/09/06-13/06/07-18/06/07
    ...Three crooked hearts and swirls all around...
  • danedane Posts: 1,062
    Thanks for the story Andre. Hope they do as good a show in Berlin on saturday. What am I talking about? Ofcourse they will! It'll be a legendary show that people will talk about for years to come!
    This might be my last post before I'm off. Have a ton of things to do before my flight tomorrow. So this is me signing off and hope to see you in Berlin.

Bump your mind and the rest will follow. (sorry)
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
    :-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-
    "This is not wine that I'm drinking tonight. This is Gatorade!" EV-Copenhagen 26-06-07
    have a save trip dane. I´ll be at the Sallys party tomorrow night in the Columbia Halle. Don´t know how early on I should be at the Wuhlheide on Saturday. Anybody on the bus checking this or speaking to anybody on the bus til Saturday: please tell Pin, she should give me a ring after passing Dresden, then I´ll probably arrive at the venue in time to greet them. lol.
  • Eneh wrote:
    have a save trip dane. I´ll be at the Sallys party tomorrow night in the Columbia Halle. Don´t know how early on I should be at the Wuhlheide on Saturday. Anybody on the bus checking this or speaking to anybody on the bus til Saturday: please tell Pin, she should give me a ring after passing Dresden, then I´ll probably arrive at the venue in time to greet them. lol.

I'll try keep bumping while ur away :)

-Dante
    Dublin 23/08/2006
    Leeds 25/08/2006
    thanks!
  • Eneh wrote:

i sms-ed with pin tonight asking when aproximately will they arrive at berlin and the venue she told me that early in the morning in the day of gig. that confused me a bit and now i don't really understand - shoul i really be at the venue arleady in a early morning if the gig is starting only in evening? what she told me is that i have to be at the venue early enough so i could put my luggage on the bus but so that she wouldn't lose her good place at the first rows. but doors open only at 5pm so would 3pm be too late for arriving at the venue? this is complicated. but my plane to berlin heads off after 8 hours :)
    drive bad cars
    watch bad t.v.
    Thanks so much. Well, Pin and me are friends, so I want to meet her as early as possible. Doesnt mean that people who are already in Berlin have to be there "that" early as well. Does that explanation help?

Now, I am a bit terrified on how early that will be. lol. I am getting old, lol, I want some sleep too. lol.
  • ZimzuMZimzuM Posts: 209
    People start lining up way before 3
    2/3/98 Melbourne, 18/2/03 Melbourne, 19/2/03 Melbourne, 20/2/03 Melbourne, 4/9/06 Lisbon, 5/9/06 Lisbon, 7/9/06 Madrid, 9/9/06 Marsielle, 11/9/06 Paris, 7/11/06 Sydney, 8/11/06 Sydney, 10/11/06 Brisbane, 11/11/06 Brisbane, 13/11/06 Melbourne, 14/11/06 Melbourne, 16/11/06 Melbourne, 20/11/00 Melbourne
  • JaymacJaymac Posts: 513
    untitled wrote:
    i sms-ed with pin tonight asking when aproximately will they arrive at berlin and the venue she told me that early in the morning in the day of gig. that confused me a bit and now i don't really understand - shoul i really be at the venue arleady in a early morning if the gig is starting only in evening? what she told me is that i have to be at the venue early enough so i could put my luggage on the bus but so that she wouldn't lose her good place at the first rows. but doors open only at 5pm so would 3pm be too late for arriving at the venue? this is complicated. but my plane to berlin heads off after 8 hours :)

Arrive for like 12pm.. That way you get to hang out on the bus for a while before queuing, and you'll get to know everyone :)
    23/08/2006 - Dublin; 29/08/2006 - Arnhem; 30/08/2006 - Antwerp; 18/06/2007 - London; 18/08/2009 - London<br>

Proud member of the European Touring Bus 2006!