****european Touring Bus 2006**** Attendees Thread

Comments

• where ya'll at bumpers?? Dane?? hehe, it's back up where it belongs.... for a while at least...

Stian
  • ||Release_Me||||Release_Me|| Posts: 1,871
    Late evening bump from me! Let's keep this thread at the top!

Euro touring bus 2006...it's gonna rock!
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• I will be in London and Paris for a week in August/September with my mom. After that I have a week free to see Pearl Jam and sight see by myself. I am looking to hit the Madrid-Marseille-Paris shows (or at least two of them).

Will the bus be departing to the next city after the show (i.e. leave for Marseille the night after the Madrid show)? Will the bus be doing much sight-seeing? I wanna hang out with some fellow Jammers while in Europe and figure it would be especially helpful navigating around foreign countries also. However, I also don't want to cheat myself out of seeing the sights.

Thoughts?
  • MirellaMirella Posts: 242
    Alright, Jenn will join us from Madrid instead of Marseille :D Girl, that's SO cool! Pin, please update BUGS when u get home will ya ;)

Stian

yes, do so! :D
    And Stian, come and join Bugs too, please :).

groetjes,
    Mirella :)

p.s.: I think there'll be plenty of time for sight seeing since you'll be driving during the night when you're sleeping...

p.p.s.: for tickets, check out the Bugs ticketmarket!
    Bugs mailinglist site: http://www.igotbugs.net/wiki
  • burtschipsburtschips Posts: 734
    wash_ wrote:
    Eh?? What blog? Tell me more!!!

This blog

http://theetb2006.blogspot.com/

go, go, gooooo. maybe pin needs to send you invite when she gets back.
    Salut baloo
  • Mirella wrote:
    yes, do so! :D
    And Stian, come and join Bugs too, please :).

groetjes,

p.s.: I think there'll be plenty of time for sight seeing since you'll be driving during the night when you're sleeping...

p.p.s.: for tickets, check out the Bugs ticketmarket!

Hi Mirella!

I did sign up on BUGS, but didn't understand shit about editing the ETB thread :( hehe, I'm only human.... AND NORWEGIAN ;) SO, HOW U DOING?? Mudhoney in May, THAT was fun :D Take care my friend! We'll be seeing u in September!

Stian
  • I will be in London and Paris for a week in August/September with my mom. After that I have a week free to see Pearl Jam and sight see by myself. I am looking to hit the Madrid-Marseille-Paris shows (or at least two of them).

Will the bus be departing to the next city after the show (i.e. leave for Marseille the night after the Madrid show)? Will the bus be doing much sight-seeing? I wanna hang out with some fellow Jammers while in Europe and figure it would be especially helpful navigating around foreign countries also. However, I also don't want to cheat myself out of seeing the sights.

Thoughts?

Hey :)

You're right, the bus will depart after the gig. That's how the bus company want's to do it, and thats the way we want to do it too... But dude, u'll have "plenty" of sightseein time when u arrive at the next city... if ur up to it that is ;) gonna be some lOOOOOOOOOONg nights on board :D YEA!

but PLEASE pay us a visit if u c us will ya!!??? u r more than welcome! Don't think it'll be hard to spot us :D

stian
  • danedane Posts: 1,062
    where ya'll at bumpers?? Dane?? hehe, it's back up where it belongs.... for a while at least...

Stian

First of all BUMP!

Second - I'm still here. I've just started in a new job and this first week has been hectic. But not to worry. Sooner or later I'll get the hang of it and be home early to bump :)
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
    :-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-
    "This is not wine that I'm drinking tonight. This is Gatorade!" EV-Copenhagen 26-06-07
  • Hey :)

You're right, the bus will depart after the gig. That's how the bus company want's to do it, and thats the way we want to do it too... But dude, u'll have "plenty" of sightseein time when u arrive at the next city... if ur up to it that is ;) gonna be some lOOOOOOOOOONg nights on board :D YEA!

but PLEASE pay us a visit if u c us will ya!!??? u r more than welcome! Don't think it'll be hard to spot us :D

stian

Awesome. I will figure out what my schedule is the next couple weeks and let you know. Sounds like a hell of a time - Pearl Jam, drinking, and traveling. Damn this band....makes me never want to grow up.
  • The Madrid-Paris leg is going to be the BEST three show run of the WHOLE TOUR! (I will personally make sure of that.) Do it, you'll have so much fun! I'm heading to Europe (from Vancouver) for the sights along with the shows and I think this is the perfect way for me to do it because I'll have a busload of experts along with me! :D Definitely a once in a lifetime opportunity.

(Are you a Wild fan?)
  • MirellaMirella Posts: 242
    Hi Mirella!

I did sign up on BUGS, but didn't understand shit about editing the ETB thread :( hehe, I'm only human.... AND NORWEGIAN ;) SO, HOW U DOING?? Mudhoney in May, THAT was fun :D Take care my friend! We'll be seeing u in September!

Stian

Hi Stian,

I did not mean the site, Grethe does a good job maintaining it :). I was talking about the mailinglist, are you on it too?
    And see you in August (Dublin :))!

groetjes,

p.s.: you can add your name to the Dublin date page to practice: just hit edit, type, save.
    Bugs mailinglist site: http://www.igotbugs.net/wiki
    Hey guys, how can i post on the blog?
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• The Madrid-Paris leg is going to be the BEST three show run of the WHOLE TOUR! (I will personally make sure of that.) Do it, you'll have so much fun! I'm heading to Europe (from Vancouver) for the sights along with the shows and I think this is the perfect way for me to do it because I'll have a busload of experts along with me! :D Definitely a once in a lifetime opportunity.

(Are you a Wild fan?)

hey!

so, u still interested in traveling with us? please say yes :D

Stian
    Hey guys, how can i post on the blog?

PM to Pinon and she'll send you an invite. If she finds you worthy that is ;)

And bump btw.........
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
    "This is not wine that I'm drinking tonight. This is Gatorade!" EV-Copenhagen 26-06-07
  • hey!

so, u still interested in traveling with us? please say yes :D

Stian

Not a big Wild fan. I grew up in Iowa so I never really caught the hockey bug. I do appreciate the sport thought.

I should have my plans finalized in the next week and there is a very good possibility I will join you guys for a Madrid-Marseille-Paris leg. At the very worst I'm catching two shows at least. Can't wait!
    On page 2 again? Weird how that keeps happening..........
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
    bump. pg 2 again. gotta keep on pg 1 for p,p,p,p, Pin's return. Glory, glory, glory.

went to a show last night patti smith and antony and the johnstons were playing, interesting anyway, in a big tent. patti smith was good, she's pretty funny.
    Salut baloo
  • still workin on them 1 BILLION posts ;) Come on people, sign up for the ride of a life time :D plenty of room on the first part of the Euro tour...

Stian
    burtschips wrote:
    bump. pg 2 again. gotta keep on pg 1 for p,p,p,p, Pin's return. Glory, glory, glory.

went to a show last night patti smith and antony and the johnstons were playing, interesting anyway, in a big tent. patti smith was good, she's pretty funny.

What was Antony and the Johnsons like?? I've heard them a couple of times on the radio and seen them on Letterman. He (and/or she) writes some pretty good lyrics, but his/her voice takes some getting used to. Can't decide whether to hate or love them.......
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
  • **Reminder**

I need them pics guys! Not only for the Tour Book, but also so we can recognize u guys when we meet. Thanks to those who already sent one :)

Stian
  • BuruBuru Posts: 8,473
    **Reminder**

I need them pics guys! Not only for the Tour Book, but also so we can recognize u guys when we meet. Thanks to those who already sent one :)

Stian

so you got enough people in the end?
    Cool!! and congrats
    I'll look for the bus ;)
    y la banda de Guille... cuando toca?
  • Enough is realitve in this game ;) me and pin decided to buy every spare bed... hehe, Norwegians :D

I hope u dropp by when u c us!

Stian
    I'd still like to know how to add myself to the blog! Who do i need to PM for login details?

thanks!

Enough is realitve in this game ;) me and pin decided to buy every spare bed... hehe, Norwegians :D

I hope u dropp by when u c us!

Stian

I will drop by for sure
    you'll recognize me because of all the argentina stuff I'll be wearing or carrying :D (I'll be the tall brown-haired girl with white and light-blue stripes clothing and flag)
    haha

I still have not decided what I will do between Arnheim-Antwerp, probably just a regular train or something, which will be cheaper.
  • To ||Release_Me||: U need to PM pinon about the blog. She's on vacation at the moment, but should be back early this week I think. She'll send u an invite.

To Buru: Looking forward to meet you girl :D Shouldn't be to hard spotting u. Us neither! Please let me know if u don't get transportation or accomodation between Arnhem and Antwerp and if u r interested in joining the ETB! Be part of history ;)

Stian
  • I was thinking, we HAVE to have a guitar on board the ETB. What I was thinking was that if everyone interested "donated" like £10 each or something we could easily get a decent accoustic to bring along. Then at the end of the tour we could have a drawing and one lucky traveler would end up with the guitar, signed by everone that has taken part of the ETB. The leftover $$ would be used to have the guitar shipped to the person that "wins" the draw. Everyone involved would have the same opportuity, doesn't matter if ur on for the whole leg or just 1 show. Your name will only be nominated once!

Let me know what u think. I have a paypal account we could use, but we would have to rais about £250 or something to get a relatively good axe so I need to know if anyone would be interested.

Stian
  • JiGGyJiGGy Posts: 1
    Hey Guys:)
    Sorry but my English-vocabular is realy bad...!!
    i´d like to say some Words, that the Pearl Jam Gig in Berlin/Germany is coming soon and me and my freands to be as happy as a lark!!!!!!!!!!!
    Because its realy difficult to wright, what I will say, I hope I meet here some People to speak/wright in German...
    Otherwise I hope that the Band will be read this Thread and maybe they wrote back to me,because I dont know to do it myself...
    There are realy big Fans in Germany to await eagerly the Concert in Berlin!
    I´d like to say many words more (but my vocabular) :))
    With best Greetings from Germany, to all the Pearl Jam Fans around the World....
    We Love You all
    cu
    JiGGy
    To ||Release_Me||: U need to PM pinon about the blog. She's on vacation at the moment, but should be back early this week I think. She'll send u an invite.

To Buru: Looking forward to meet you girl :D Shouldn't be to hard spotting u. Us neither! Please let me know if u don't get transportation or accomodation between Arnhem and Antwerp and if u r interested in joining the ETB! Be part of history ;)

Stian

Ok, I'll let you know
    dane wrote:
    What was Antony and the Johnsons like?? I've heard them a couple of times on the radio and seen them on Letterman. He (and/or she) writes some pretty good lyrics, but his/her voice takes some getting used to. Can't decide whether to hate or love them.......

hmmm. they were good. I know what you mean about his voice, it is very unique but I'm won over. The band was a violinist a chellist an acoustic/ electric guitar a bass an acordian, drums and two amazing backing vocalists. All in all very good, worth seeing if you get a chance. It was in a tent which suited him as it was quite intimate, he could hear what the crowd was shouting etc. he is definitely a one off.

Stian, the guitar, i'll go with the flow but it's a good idea.
    Salut baloo
  • pinonpinon Posts: 427
    Uhaaa.....I´m so lost. Fill me in!!
    Are there new travellers or not ? Wash and Release Me....are you in or is that connected to the Lisbon mix-up ?
    And who wants blog-invites ?? ..hmm...don´t really think one needs invites though...it´s just to register....

whatever....if there´s anything I need to know, fill me in..please...
    Life is too serious to be taken seriously