Options

Sticky!!!!!!!!! Ninersfan Exposed! I Took A Video!!!!

Comments

• Options
    hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,930
    What I don't understand is, why were there 1000 posters each night for camden but only 466 for each night of MSG? They short printed the 2003 MSG as well and we all know that one still sells for big bucks. Whoever is in charge of the bands merch is partially to blame for last nights fiasco. If there were 1000 last night all of us in that ungodly herd of cattle would have gotten one probably.
  • Options
    yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514
    No fuckin way! Mic & patrick, take him out!
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    info@wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    stickfig13 wrote:
    The system is flawed!!!!!

Down with 10C again!!!!! BLAAAAHHHHHH!

Posters!!!!!

Shirts!!!!

Boots!!!!

Vedder's wine bottle!

AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I think you have enough posters anyway! ;)

You can NEVER have enough! ;)
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    stickfig13stickfig13 Posts: 1,532
    sgossard3 wrote:
    pretty sad that the "american way" condones this cut-throat, every man for himself attitude...

civility should come before legality

Reality

is my favorite "ITY" word
    Sacramento 10-30-00, Bridge School 10-20 and 10-21-01, Bridge School 10-25 and 10-26-01, Irvine 06-02-03, Irvine 06-03-03, San Diego 06-05-03, San Diego 07-07-06, Los Angeles 07-09-06, Santa Barbara 07-13-06, London UK 06-18-07, San Diego 10-9-09, San Diego 2013, LA 1 2013
  • Options
    FrankieJFrankieJ Posts: 602
    Where is this video??? I want to see it so bad...
    GO GIANTS
    GO DEVILS
    7/14/03-PNC NJ ~ 6/1/06-CAA1 NJ ~ 6/3/06-CAA2 NJ ~ 8/5/07-Lolla IL ~ 6/24/08-MSG1 ~ 6/25/08-MSG2 ~ 8/7/08-NJPAC (eV Solo)

"I'm feeling kinda righteous right now...with my Bad@$$-M0therf*ck!n'-Ukulele!"
    -eV 8/7
  • Options
    FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    I can't believe there are so many "so what if he is selling posters for 3 and 4 times their worth" and "who cares" responses..

Because this is something that effects everybody. Maybe not right now but when pearl jam is touring your neck of the woods and you get shut out of a poster that SHOULD have been more than enough to go around, you are gonna be one angry SOB.

Posters are not as great as we make them out to be but FUCK.. they are cool, specially when you just saw a really good show that means something to you (to be honest id be happy if they just started doing handbills for ever show) the point is.. someone is taking huge advantage of us. Not ten club, but US. Its silly. Its stuff like this that glorifies posters and makes it even more of a monopoly.

I say we hunt this guys down and get his shit revoked. Or at least make him realize that we are NOT enthused or entertained by this MASSIVE poster flip. Its one thing to sell one or two posters to fund going to more shows, but it seems like some have taken it up as a fucking career. Even though i dont think the ten club would be able to do anything other than make his ebay auctions stop? There is more than one way to skin a cat though so who knows, this may all be for nothing. Im sure if this guy wants to sell posters, he will sell posters.

Poor ten club.. finally got it worked out to where everybody has the chance at ONE poster... and somehow people still find a way to take advantage :(

At least this dude knows what he is up against this time.. Lets end this poster fiasco once and for all! Bringing it back to the good ol days when posters were just reminders of shows you went to! *Battle Cries*
  • Options
    stickfig13 wrote:
    Reality

is my favorite "ITY" word

Its only a reality to the lazy people who allow it to be ;)
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    Please it is a $25 concert poster not a Van Gogh. Although even a Van Gogh I can walk into a poster store and buy a print of Starry Night, but that doesn't take away from the legitimacy of the original work. Making more wont hurt anyone's legitimacy, it might cut down on the amount of messages posted about posters, which might cut down on the hype but that is about it. Plus concert posters are supposed to be advertisement (or at least the were orinally were).
    people in the art community would argue otherwise (not to sound elitist :p)

whats the first thing people think when they see the "mona lisa" in person?
    "its smaller than i thought..."

before they even appreciate the painting itself... and its because the world is so oversaturated with that image! the same would go for these posters to some extent (though obviously not to the same extreme)

the fact that you said "it is a $25 concert poster" is exactly what the artists are trying to stop... that $25 poster is a $300 poster right now on the market BECAUSE there are so few... and its bound to only grow

and if they are meant for advertisement then why arent they seen til immediately before the show? theyre more like mementos... and the artists want them to transcend the simple material theyre printed on

im just playing devils advocate... id obviously LOVE to have every poster i want at an affordable price
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    I can't believe there are so many "so what if he is selling posters for 3 and 4 times their worth" and "who cares" responses..

Because this is something that effects everybody. Maybe not right now but when pearl jam is touring your neck of the woods and you get shut out of a poster that SHOULD have been more than enough to go around, you are gonna be one angry SOB.

Posters are not as great as we make them out to be but FUCK.. they are cool, specially when you just saw a really good show that means something to you (to be honest id be happy if they just started doing handbills for ever show) the point is.. someone is taking huge advantage of us. Not ten club, but US. Its silly. Its stuff like this that glorifies posters and makes it even more of a monopoly.

I say we hunt this guys down and get his shit revoked. Or at least make him realize that we are NOT enthused or entertained by this MASSIVE poster flip. Its one thing to sell one or two posters to fund going to more shows, but it seems like some have taken it up as a fucking career. Even though i dont think the ten club would be able to do anything other than make his ebay auctions stop? There is more than one way to skin a cat though so who knows, this may all be for nothing. Im sure if this guy wants to sell posters, he will sell posters.

Poor ten club.. finally got it worked out to where everybody has the chance at ONE poster... and somehow people still find a way to take advantage :(

At least this dude knows what he is up against this time.. Lets end this poster fiasco once and for all! Bringing it back to the good ol days when posters were just reminders of shows you went to! *Battle Cries*

While we're at it can we tell Exxon and Shell to sell us gas cheap because gas "means" something to us?

Free Markets my friend....

If anything, Ebay has made posters more available at a lower price than they were Pre-EBAY
    Sacramento 10-30-00, Bridge School 10-20 and 10-21-01, Bridge School 10-25 and 10-26-01, Irvine 06-02-03, Irvine 06-03-03, San Diego 06-05-03, San Diego 07-07-06, Los Angeles 07-09-06, Santa Barbara 07-13-06, London UK 06-18-07, San Diego 10-9-09, San Diego 2013, LA 1 2013
  • Options
    If you really want a poster you can wait a year or so and get it from the 10C sale..so what people really are paying for on ebay is instant gratification in having the poster right away.

Someone hit the nail on the head.. "INSTANT GRATIFICATION"
    I'm just as guilty..
    I think I'm still paying off poster purchases from eBay on the AMEX card..
    Looks like I'll be sitting tight until the 10C sales..
  • Options
    fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • Options
    fanch75 wrote:

There is one thread that should die.. Along with the word "Jamily" :D
  • Options
    Kel VarnsenKel Varnsen Posts: 1,951
    sgossard3 wrote:
    people in the art community would argue otherwise (not to sound elitist :p)

whats the first thing people think when they see the "mona lisa" in person?
    "its smaller than i thought..."

before they even appreciate the painting itself... and its because the world is so oversaturated with that image! the same would go for these posters to some extent (though obviously not to the same extreme)

the fact that you said "it is a $25 concert poster" is exactly what the artists are trying to stop... that $25 poster is a $300 poster right now on the market BECAUSE there are so few... and its bound to only grow

and if they are meant for advertisement then why arent they seen til immediately before the show? theyre more like mementos... and the artists want them to transcend the simple material theyre printed on

im just playing devils advocate... id obviously LOVE to have every poster i want at an affordable price

So bascially if I get what you are saying is that the artists are happy that people like ninersfan are selling these posters online because the massive mark-up gives them credibility. Wouldn't knowning that 1000's of people have your poster on their wall also give them credibility?

Also to be fair I did say that concert posters started out as advertisments, not that they currently are. To me as far as art goes concert posters are sort of in the same realm as comic books.
  • Options
    fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734
    Jamily is the best word ever.

The only way Jamily could be any better is when combined with the word poster, hence "Jamily Posters."
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • Options
    stickfig13 wrote:
    While we're at it can we tell Exxon and Shell to sell us gas cheap because gas "means" something to us?

Free Markets my friend....

If anything, Ebay has made posters more available at a lower price than they were Pre-EBAY

So you think its totally fine for this guy to get 20 more posters than you , at a show that you perhaps enjoyed for the musical aspect simply because the reality of the world is that everyone gets screwed over, and its every man for himself?

Unlike Exxon and stuff that we will never have control over , this is something small enough, important enough to try to and change and you could actually make a difference if your tude wasn't so gung ho. Not trying to bust balls but i just hate this "yeah right, like we can change world" bullshit. People have the power if they gave themselves half a chance.
  • Options
    So you think its totally fine for this guy to get 20 more posters than you , at a show that you perhaps enjoyed for the musical aspect simply because the reality of the world is that everyone gets screwed over, and its every man for himself?

Unlike Exxon and stuff that we will never have control over , this is something small enough, important enough to try to and change and you could actually make a difference if your tude wasn't so gung ho. Not trying to bust balls but i just hate this "yeah right, like we can change world" bullshit. People have the power if they give themselves half a chance.

But if you want to change something why start small. I mean blaming this one guy when the whole system is messed up is like blaming the guy on the corner for selling crack for the whole world-wide drug problem. Or to extend the oil company example, it is like blaming the guy pumping your gas for the high price of oil.
  • Options
    bicyclejoebicyclejoe USA Posts: 1,199
    sgossard3 wrote:
    to just up the print run is harmful to the legitimacy of the ARTISTS and their ART... itd be great if everyone could get one of these as easily as stickers... but from the artists' POV i understand why they dont want to just make 1,000,000 per show... its the difference between commercial art (advertisement, packaging etc) which isnt taken seriously by the art community and ART rock posters

maybe a second variant run that could be distinguished from those sold at the show could be sold later in greater quantity... thats up to the artists though... theyd have to be able to handle the traffic... which we all know they cant :D

I wouldn't buy a Pearl Jam gig poster that's mass produced. Lame idea.
    My Pearl Jam Road: 10/22/90 Seattle | 12/22/90 Seattle, Moore Theater | 9/29/92 Seattle, Magnusson Park, Drop in the Park | 9/5/93 The Gorge, with Neil Young and Blind Melon | 7/20/06 Portland, Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall with Sleater-Kinney | 7/22/06 The Gorge, 10/21/06 Mountain View, Shoreline Ampitheatre, Bridge School Benefit | 9/21/09 Seattle | 9/22/09 Seattle | 9/26/09 Portland, OR | 7/14/2011 Eddie Vedder, Portland, OR | 11/29/13 Portland, OR
  • Options
    evenflowmanevenflowman Posts: 1,345
    So is there anyway i can see the tape is it on youtube. Yet
  • Options
    bicyclejoe wrote:
    I wouldn't buy a Pearl Jam gig poster that's mass produced. Lame idea.

I am curious what difference does it make if there is 100 or 5000? Do you just like having something because you know other people don't have it?
  • Options
    But if you want to change something why start small. I mean blaming this one guy when the whole system is messed up is like blaming the guy on the corner for selling crack for the whole world-wide drug problem. Or to extend the oil company example, it is like blaming the guy pumping your gas for the high price of oil.

Oh you are totally right..
    Why take down one problem if you cant take down them all *rolls eyes*
    That makes about as much sense as not wiping your ass because you are just gonna take a poop again :D

But thats one less guy doing crack and selling it to the neighbor hood kids! Don't guys ever watch cops?
  • Options
    So bascially if I get what you are saying is that the artists are happy that people like ninersfan are selling these posters online because the massive mark-up gives them credibility. Wouldn't knowning that 1000's of people have your poster on their wall also give them credibility?
    probably not happy that ninersfan is making that kindof money... because obviously they could be making that same amount if they sold extras themselves... but happy that there is such a demand for their work that people are willing to pay alot... artists have BIG egos

they probably enjoy these threads too just to see the emotional attachment people have developed for their work

its not the mindset of EVERY artist naturally... but i think because the Ames bros have a background in painting they probably have a greater appreciation for rarity... reproductions go back as far as durer and rubens but have ALWAYS been limited... its probably as much a matter of tradition as anything economical

and comic books have some great imagery just like Ames posters!

• Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,618
    I am annoyed that this guy is making such a killing off these because he was sleezy enough to use homeless people and scalpers as pawns. It seems extremely parasitic.
  • Options
    kingmattkingmatt Posts: 121
    lemme start by saying I don't personally care for the posters... and I wasn't impressed by the near-riot during the get-a-bracelet-so-you-can-get-a-bracelet chaos before MSG2. But what this guy is doing suuucks.

now if you really want to screw with ninersfan, why not start overbidding every auction of his on ebay? Create a junk account and bid every poster up to a million bucks. Or put in legitimate bids and then string him along and never pay. Make it beyond painful to sell on ebay and maybe he'll get the idea.
  • Options
    UmbertotambaUmbertotamba Posts: 1,382
    so when do we get to see the video????
    Springfield MA 94, Hartford CT 96
  • Options
    MayDay10 wrote:
    I am annoyed that this guy is making such a killing off these because he was sleezy enough to use homeless people and scalpers as pawns. It seems extremely parasitic.
    agreed... ive always had a problem with his "business"... but he reached a new low at the MSG shows... if only those homeless people new how much he stood to make off of those posters... they couldve held out for more $

what an ass... and that goes beyond the posters... its common courtesy for human life

• Options
    hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,930
    I don't know why I care but where is this freaking video?
  • Options
    bump for the video causing this uproar
  • Options

Unlike Exxon and stuff that we will never have control over , this is something small enough, important enough to try to and change and you could actually make a difference if your tude wasn't so gung ho. Not trying to bust balls but i just hate this "yeah right, like we can change world" bullshit. People have the power if they gave themselves half a chance.

To answer your first question....yes

To the comment....Good luck stopping the forces or free market capitalism
  • Options
    jbalicki10jbalicki10 Posts: 517
    stickfig13 wrote:

Hey, do what the chinese do... Copy it and bootleg it... That beats captialism and free markets... just sayin..
  • Options
    stickfig13 wrote:

someone had to overcome an even greater force to add the "free" in front of that "market capitalism"... but i guess the generations of yesteryear werent huge pussies like everyone is today

This discussion has been closed.