Smashing Pumpkins!

1131415161719»

Comments

• DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Posts: 2,557

Still on a Pumpkins high 3 weeks after this show (I was about 10th in the GA line but chose to stand at the back up against the soundboard, lol), been listening to them almost exclusively for a few weeks now, lol.

Today I drifted onto Ogilala (to be followed by Cotillions, lol), and it struck me that (for me at least) this is the sound that’s sort of been missing from their recent releases. I mainly mean the acoustic guitars, non-synth keyboards and strings. There’s been a hint or two here and there but nothing of real substance.

That said I’m still really enjoying where the trip has led (War Dreams Of Itself is maybe my favourite hard song since Tarantula or United States) and look forward to hearing where it goes. Fan is just short for fanatic after all, lol.
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
  • We All BelieveWe All Believe Posts: 581
    edited August 22
    Today I drifted onto Ogilala (to be followed by Cotillions, lol), and it struck me that (for me at least) this is the sound that’s sort of been missing from their recent releases. I mainly mean the acoustic guitars, non-synth keyboards and strings. There’s been a hint or two here and there but nothing of real substance.

That said I’m still really enjoying where the trip has led (War Dreams Of Itself is maybe my favourite hard song since Tarantula or United States) and look forward to hearing where it goes. Fan is just short for fanatic after all, lol.
    @DarthMaeglin I love Ogilala. Archer is an all-time song for me, WPC/Pumpkins or otherwise. I gave Cotillions a few tries lol, can't stick the landing. I'm due to try again in a few months lol.
    Post edited by We All Believe on
    May your days be long, til kingdom come.

Join the fight to prevent suicide at www.afsp.org