Options

PJ - come to Scotland in 2007!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Fact: Scotland was the first country to host a concert!!!

In 907AD at a trading post just outside of Auchendinny, a local shepherd was eating the leg of a cooked wolf and the sinewy tendon bit made a twanging noise as he ripped it from his mouth...

he then used this tendon bit in a musical way by hitting his 47 piece drum kit with it... the result was that 14 drunk people trying to find their way back to their croft stopped and watched.... and they all clapped after each song to keep warm but this is how applause was invented!!! and hence the concert was born...

all the drunk villagers were cheering and stuff when McBonham played his final song "McYellow McLedbetter".... then they all mccried and left to batter their wives... :( ... and some mars bars :)

true story
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    V VV V Posts: 5,191
    ^^ very very funny

Dunk are you saying its Mrs. Dunk's fault u didnt go in 2000 ???
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • Options
    V V wrote:
    ^^ very very funny

Dunk are you saying its Mrs. Dunk's fault u didnt go in 2000 ???

no.. it was my fault as well... i didnt get married under duress :D

nah, bad timing was all it was :(
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    Yes i have also heard of the aforementioned "first concert" story!

Barcelona (briefly):

Neil and I walked backstage in Barcelona with the kilts on, grungified of course and with the Scotland flag. Jeff and Mike were playing table tennis with a couple of the tech guys. I told them its been 10 years since ive played but i'd still kick their arses. Mike recognised Neil's tartan trilby hat which we threw on stage in Antwerp and managed to get back after the gig.

"how the fuck did you get that back" haha.

Oh and Jeff asked me if it was true, "Do you wear anything underneath?"

Being an efficient Scot, i gave him a visual answer haha!

They now recognise us at the gigs and in Barcelona we were toying with Mike throughout the concert, it was funny as hell.
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    You just WALKED backstage?

BTW - have you now abandonned your beloved Scotland for Amsterdam?
  • Options
    I Scot ID wrote:
    I told them its been 10 years since ive played but i'd still kick their arses.
    To which they replied 'well it's ten years since we played Scotland... doesn't mean we're gonna do it again' :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    To which they replied 'well it's ten years since we played Scotland... doesn't mean we're gonna do it again' :D

Hahahahahaha...yeah but im sure i would have.

Yep, we literally walked past all the security and everything. I guess they just thought we were meant to be there because we looked like a cross between mother love bone and the bay city rollers haha.
  • Options
    I Scot ID wrote:
    I guess they just thought we were meant to be there because we looked like a cross between mother love bone and the bay city rollers haha.

:D:D:D
  • Options
    Yeah im in Amsterdam now. I have to do my bit and spread the word about the promised land haha!
  • Options
    The promised land... :rolleyes: See you're still 'enjoying' yourself at the gigs! Sorry I missed you guys in Antwerp (though I did see you on Neil's (?) shoulders!). Next time you'll be bumping into Ed backstage!!
  • Options
    Damn i didnt realise you were at the Antwerp concert! I few people came up to me and said:

"i recognise you from the internet"

Hahaha. Yeah we're making as many of the gigs as we can, weekend ones with good links from Amsterdam. I was on Neils shoulders when one of the bootleg photos was taken...i think they photoshop'd me out or made sure i wasnt in it lol.

Verona, Milan, Prague and Berlin to go. I can't wait for Prague, i used to live there but we're only going overnight.
  • Options
    Yeah.. was at Antwerp. Did a 'family' visit in Brussels for the week and took a night off! That's one thing that I miss about living in Brussels, it's being 'central'. I'm done now with the gigs, only because my daughter is back at school and I can't really leave her high and dry! If I was still in Brussels, I could have done Paris with no problems (as you say.. overnight or even the same night!). But once you start to involve flights... it's just too much!

Gotta wait until they come back to England (& Scotland, Wales, Ireland...) and then have a blast!
  • Options
    that first concert anyone remember the loos thats the only thing not to have improved in thousands of years - sanitation and rock n roll just dont go together.
  • Options
    V VV V Posts: 5,191
    I Scot ID wrote:
    Yes i have also heard of the aforementioned "first concert" story!

Barcelona (briefly):

Neil and I walked backstage in Barcelona with the kilts on, grungified of course and with the Scotland flag. Jeff and Mike were playing table tennis with a couple of the tech guys. I told them its been 10 years since ive played but i'd still kick their arses. Mike recognised Neil's tartan trilby hat which we threw on stage in Antwerp and managed to get back after the gig.

"how the fuck did you get that back" haha.

Oh and Jeff asked me if it was true, "Do you wear anything underneath?"

Being an efficient Scot, i gave him a visual answer haha!

They now recognise us at the gigs and in Barcelona we were toying with Mike throughout the concert, it was funny as hell.

ace !! so now the whole band recognise you by the family jewells !!!! LOL
    love the ""cross between mother love bone and the bay city rollers"" hahaha too funny :p

enjoy the rest of your shows and bring us mORE gossip ;)
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • Options
    I Scot ID wrote:
    Hahahahahaha...yeah but im sure i would have.

Yep, we literally walked past all the security and everything. I guess they just thought we were meant to be there because we looked like a cross between mother love bone and the bay city rollers haha.
    That's cool! Congrats - I love hearing stuff like that.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    Hi matey :)

elaborate on the Barcelona story man!!!!! :)

yes we invented all of the above things.... including McCready's guitar virtuositinous :confused:

I got the Glasgow boot the other night... Ed has to stop on Given To Fly doesnt he? just to ask if "everyone is up" ... crowd sound frickin mental... Damn you wedding and honeymoon :mad:

nah i thought he forgot the lyrics!i was there and havent listened to the boot for a wee while though!My first gig ever, oh and best!

so come back to scotland pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssssssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee x
  • Options
    cclayes wrote:
    nah i thought he forgot the lyrics!i was there and havent listened to the boot for a wee while though!

i relistened to it again last night.... he does indeed stop halfway through the song as there are people on the ground... he doesnt sing again until they are all up... :)

he's a good lad really isnt he? :D

whoever started this thread deserves a medal...or a cornetto..... its Fucking AWESOME \m/ ... mon the Scots ;)
  • Options
    JaymacJaymac Posts: 513
    /me adds 1 vote for a show at the Nerve Centre in Derry ;)

Oh, and bonnie Scooootland is not cool enough to boast the ancestral roots of a certain Michael McCready. :p
    23/08/2006 - Dublin; 29/08/2006 - Arnhem; 30/08/2006 - Antwerp; 18/06/2007 - London; 18/08/2009 - London<br>

Proud member of the European Touring Bus 2006!
  • Options
    mon the Scots ;)

I'll drink to that
  • Options
    Jaymac wrote:
    /me adds 1 vote for a show at the Nerve Centre in Derry ;)

Oh, and bonnie Scooootland is not cool enough to boast the ancestral roots of a certain Michael McCready. :p

If Scotland isnt cool enough then where is??? Scotland is the coolest place in the universe. Ireland i'm sure is a close second...but not too close.
  • Options
    JaymacJaymac Posts: 513
    I Scot ID wrote:
    If Scotland isnt cool enough then where is??? Scotland is the coolest place in the universe. Ireland i'm sure is a close second...but not too close.

We invented Guinness, and we know how to spell "whiskey" which is unrefutable proof that we're cooler :D:D:D
    23/08/2006 - Dublin; 29/08/2006 - Arnhem; 30/08/2006 - Antwerp; 18/06/2007 - London; 18/08/2009 - London<br>

Proud member of the European Touring Bus 2006!
  • Options
    Jaymac wrote:
    We invented Guinness, and we know how to spell "whiskey" which is unrefutable proof that we're cooler :D:D:D

you can't grow fucking potatoes... there are tribes in outer patagonia who have no hands that can grow potatoes in concrete... its the easiest thing to grow since mould :)

plus Ireland is so cool that everyone fuckin emigrates to find a 'better life'.....:confused:...... or potatoes!!!!! which grow in abundance elsewhere, especially on patios in Argentina!

;):)
  • Options
    duggroduggro Posts: 1,343
    you can't grow fucking potatoes... there are tribes in outer patagonia who have no hands that can grow potatoes in concrete... its the easiest thing to grow since mould :)

plus Ireland is so cool that everyone fuckin emigrates to find a 'better life'.....:confused:...... or potatoes!!!!! which grow in abundance elsewhere, especially on patios in Argentina!

funniest post in a long while

its not often i laugh out loud on here, but you sir, have made it happen:)
    Dublin Leeds Berlin Wembley
  • Options

Aww dunk, if Ireland's so 'uncool', how come your first thread about Scotland has suddenly turned into one about Ireland? :p
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    Aww dunk, if Ireland's so 'uncool', how come your first thread about Scotland has suddenly turned into one about Ireland? :p

cos stupid fuckers like you are posting shit about Ireland in it... :confused::D

When PJ announce they are playing here next year you'll all be jumping over and visiting here for the shows... so shut up ;)

and its not my first Scotland thread big gob... :)
  • Options
    cos stupid fuckers like you are posting shit about Ireland in it... :confused::D

When PJ announce they are playing here next year you'll all be jumping over and visiting here for the shows... so shut up ;)

and its not my first Scotland thread big gob... :)
    Oh? :confused: the rest must have been so interesting that I just... missed them!!!??? :p

And yes, I will be jumping over to visit :) . Will Mrs. Dunk mind having me sleep on the couch? :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    Oh? :confused: the rest must have been so interesting that I just... missed them!!!??? :p

And yes, I will be jumping over to visit :) . Will Mrs. Dunk mind having me sleep on the couch? :o

course she'll mind.... Al has already booked it and she'll not want any mess on her suite :D
  • Options
    course she'll mind.... Al has already booked it and she'll not want any mess on her suite :D

:D:D:D I don't think Al would mind sharing ;)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    :D:D:D I don't think Al would mind sharing ;)

Mrs Al would.... plus i dont think my couch would take the strain ;):D

also you cant stay here as we have plain wallpaper.... you'd be fucking lost !!! :)
  • Options
    Mrs Al would.... plus i dont think my couch would take the strain ;):D

also you cant stay here as we have plain wallpaper.... you'd be fucking lost !!! :)
    :rolleyes: True! So your walls are as plain as Scotland then?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life