PJ - come to Scotland in 2007!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    Buru wrote:
    you're Karim right?

Excuse my confused person
    :D

Yes, yes I am :D
    Pearl Jam - London Astoria 20/4/06....One hell of a night :)

Reading 2006 - WOOOOW!!!!!

Paris 2006 - Fucking amazing

Wembley 2007 :D
  • Options
    BuruBuru Posts: 8,473
    Yes, yes I am :D

Ok good.
    Have to get people and usernames right :p

Have fun in Paris!!
    y la banda de Guille... cuando toca?
  • Options
    Buru wrote:
    Ok good.
    Have to get people and usernames right :p

Have fun in Paris!!

ha yep

I intend to have a lot of fun in Paris :D

• Options
    evoevo Airdrie, Scotland Posts: 185
    you can add my name to the list.

SCOTLAND 2007. c'mon make it happen.
    Hail Hail
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    evo wrote:
    you can add my name to the list.

SCOTLAND 2007. c'mon make it happen.

no list buddy... just a thread more enormous than a giants jock strap :)

this thread will strike fear into the hearts of the bands management via the medium of reading..... come tae fuckin Scotland ya fannies!!!!
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    andychandych Posts: 130
    thankfully this guy doesnt live here anymore.... he's decided the land of cuckoo clocks and toblerone to be more fascinating... ahhh well at least you can smoke yourself to death over there matey :)

and what exactly do you have against tobrelones?,,you prefer deep fried mars bars?..
    and if the total tobacco ban in scotland is simply a health issue then lets close down all the fast food joints while we are at it.
    ahem.
    dead head

Bern 13/9/06
  • Options
    andych wrote:
    and what exactly do you have against tobrelones?,,you prefer deep fried mars bars?..
    and if the total tobacco ban in scotland is simply a health issue then lets close down all the fast food joints while we are at it.
    ahem.

nobody has caught cancer breathing in the fumes of someone elses burger though.... its upto the fat fucker if he wants to eat himself to death... if i sit in a bar/restaurant and 40 people are smoking in that room then they are harming my health..... if they want to sit in their own homes and make their lungs look like aborted jellyfish foetus then thats up to you/them.... but fucking leave me out of it :)

supposed to be a fun thread this one :(

deep fried toblerone.... now thats an idea :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    evoevo Airdrie, Scotland Posts: 185

this thread will strike fear into the hearts of the bands management via the medium of reading..... come tae fuckin Scotland ya fannies!!!!

Hail Hail
  • Options

I forgot what this thread is about. I thought this was the Mike McCready isnt Scottish, but infact Irish Thread, and if that was the name of the thread, I would have said to you that I already knew that, ya plonker:P

Anyway, im off to bed soon, got a train to catch early in the Morning for Paris..2 days to go :) Peeeeaaaacce!!

• Options
    duggroduggro Posts: 1,343
    wooo scotland yeah! woo!

yeah. woo!

hoo!

i like the speed at which this thread has grown:)

p.s. smoking ban is a good thing swiss boy;)
    Dublin Leeds Berlin Wembley
  • Options
    didnt know there were so many closet conservatives on this thread.
    dead head

Bern 13/9/06
  • Options
    andych wrote:

nope just people who wanna choose how to kill themselves instead of being killed by greedy smokers.

got to back scots visit by the band ...... they can do it after 2 week residency in Newcastle !
  • Options
    duggroduggro Posts: 1,343
    attics26 wrote:
    nope just people who wanna choose how to kill themselves instead of being killed by greedy smokers.

got to back scots visit by the band ...... they can do it after 2 week residency in Newcastle !
    hmmm i could live with that. you're almost in Scotland:)
    Dublin Leeds Berlin Wembley
  • Options
    Fuck the '07 Euro tour, they should just do a tour of Scotland, ala Canada 2005 :D
    REMEMBER KIDS....

The Bible is full of lies - Stone is the leader of us all!
  • Options
    eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    righty right. :D just to keep Dunky happy I too am going to reply to this thread and state that I'd love it if Pearl Jam would go to Scotland to do a show or five hundred. :D

yup guys, go do that. then do the same in England (yes Dunk, England too, we know many nice people from there!) and Ireland. oh and Wales too.

and then take your gear and fly over to Scandinavia! :D:D :p;)
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Options
    andych wrote:

the act was brought in by the Labour government... not the Conservatives... you've been away too long... not long enough mind

since the act has come in it has been a total success... smokers are embracing it as something they should be doing... pubs actually smell like pubs should... i.e. of beer, not of smoke!!!

now either keep the thread on track of the topic or go to the Moving Train and argue the benefits/pitfalls of the smoking ban... i'll see you in there... :)
  • Options
    attics26 wrote:

Newcastle is just over 100 miles from here.... i'm up for that as well ;):)

They have to do a UK tour proper dont they? surely to god 2 festival visits isnt enough..... not with the reception they got at Reading/Leeds!!!
  • Options
    V VV V Posts: 5,191
    I've never been to Scotland :o

but for Pearl Jam and Mr & Mrs Dunk !! :D

I would love too :D
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • Options
    V VV V Posts: 5,191
    They have to do a UK tour proper dont they? surely to god 2 festival visits isnt enough..... not with the reception they got at Reading/Leeds!!!

surely Ed's not gonna forget the tears he spilt !
    and if they need reminding there's plenty of footage !
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • Options
    :(

2 festival shows is NOT enough! after all these years!

we gotta keep this thread going. i just want PJ to play anywhere in the UK, obviously i would loooooove 5 nights in manchester, but by 2007 i should be driving, so i could come up to scotland no worries :D

get yer asses back here pearl jam dammit!!
    2006 - Astoria, Dublin, Leeds
    2007 - London
    2009 - London, Manchester, London
    2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London
    2011 - Alpine Valley x2
    2012 - Isle of Wight, Manchester x2
  • Options
    the act was brought in by the Labour government... not the Conservatives... you've been away too long... not long enough mind

if you want to debate this issue this with then lets move it to another thread.
    petty sarcasm doesnt win you arguments.
    dead head

Bern 13/9/06
  • Options
    Pledging my support to the thread. Scotland would be class + easiest place for me to travel over too from Belfast!
    "I'll ride the wave where it takes me"

"I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine"

"Makes much more sense, to live in the present tense"

23/8/2006: Dublin. Words fail me.
    18/6/2007: London. Words fail me twice. Even better than Dublin. Roll on next time.....
  • Options
    Yeah, get to Scotland, ASAP, Pearl Jam!

It's coming up on 7 years since you last played here. Two album tours we've been completely ignored on. We deserve better than that and I'm sure the band agrees with this.
  • Options
    I second that EMotion...................
    Scotland England any where in Europe would please me.Only not there on eurotour now as we are expecting no 2 ickle sproglet this month.
    Anyone else out there a wee bit concerned about a few messages badmouthing fans getting a bit shall we say rowdy down at the front. I will stand up and happily admit I got a bit pissed at Leeds along with a good crowd of PJ fans we met and then proceeded to go a wee bit mental when the best goddam kick ass rock band in the world came on.
    It seems sometimes on this board you have to take a clipboard and take notes at a concert to be considered a real fan.
    C'mon lets party a little guys.

Manchester 00
    Leeds Fest 06
  • Options
    Yer i agree aswell it would be one hell of a party.up there went to t up there a few years back one of my first festivell and it was fucking A.
    Where all the good fools come

*Proud to be part of the Astorain crew*

#Lisbonnight#

@Wemberly07@

@MEN ARENA09@
  • Options
    andych wrote:
    if you want to debate this issue this with then lets move it to another thread.
    petty sarcasm doesnt win you arguments.

you move it to another thread then... if you search Moving Train you'll see i have started a thread (ages ago actually) praising the smoking ban... take it there

and petty sarcasm does win arguments, so there!!!!! :)

VV - you've never been to Scotland :eek: get yer arse up here hen ;)
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    I've never been to scotland either.... we'll all end up at your place!!
  • Options
    Oof, you want a hand here dunky?

Mike is clearly of Scots origin, after all we are the master inventors of such "conventional" things such as the TV, Telephone, Pneumatic tyre etc... and Mike has invented his own style of sexy guitar playing!

They should come to Scotland because the Glasgow leg of the 2000 tour was the best and we went more mental than anyone else.....Mike and Jeff told us in Barcelona ;-)
  • Options
    nice one! i'll support this cause too. been to Scotland twice before... so if Pearl Jam were there... WOW!
    die on a hilltop.. eyeing the crows,
    waiting for your lids to close..
    but you want to watch as they peck your flesh..
    Ironic that they go for the eyes first
  • Options
    I Scot ID wrote:
    Oof, you want a hand here dunky?

Mike is clearly of Scots origin, after all we are the master inventors of such "conventional" things such as the TV, Telephone, Pneumatic tyre etc... and Mike has invented his own style of sexy guitar playing!

They should come to Scotland because the Glasgow leg of the 2000 tour was the best and we went more mental than anyone else.....Mike and Jeff told us in Barcelona ;-)

Hi matey :)

elaborate on the Barcelona story man!!!!! :)

yes we invented all of the above things.... including McCready's guitar virtuositinous :confused:

I got the Glasgow boot the other night... Ed has to stop on Given To Fly doesnt he? just to ask if "everyone is up" ... crowd sound frickin mental... Damn you wedding and honeymoon :mad: