redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    waiting for Deacon Blue(The shame!!!)

:eek: :eek: ... and you admit to that!!!! :eek:

I bet you had loads of fun anyway ;)
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    redrock wrote:
    now.. Edinburgh..... who lives there?

I'm well sorted for Edinburgh... in fact i've realised i dont know anyone in Glasgow, but know lots of folks, including relatives, in Edinburgh :confused:

which is kinda weird!

but chances are we'll be going to the SECC anyhoo :( :) I cant decide if thats a happy or sad smiley...
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    I'm well sorted for Edinburgh... in fact i've realised i dont know anyone in Glasgow, but know lots of folks, including relatives, in Edinburgh :confused:

So you're sorting the rest of us out in Edinburgh as well then..... :D
  • Options
    Ned: C'Mon, just a couple of beers at your bar

Waiter: But-a we-a no-a have-a bar - we-a restauranta

Ned: Please..... etc...

:D:D

similar to when me and my friend were in London in August and all the fucking wanky pubs shut at 10.30pm :eek: :eek: so we tried to get in a club/swish bar with 3 doormen

Me: go on mon let us in for drink

Gorilla in suit: only couples mate

Me: eh... *kisses pal on cheek* we are a couple big boy *winks at bouncer*

Gorilla: no chance mate

me: are you being homphobic noo... cos if you are I'll sue!

gorilla: *has a wee chuckle* right in ya get, no trouble or i'll be after you!

me: (in gayest ever voice) easy sailor.. i'm spoken for!!
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    Dunky... I would have LOVED to see that! :D:D:D
  • Options
    :D:D

similar to when me and my friend were in London in August and all the fucking wanky pubs shut at 10.30pm :eek: :eek: so we tried to get in a club/swish bar with 3 doormen

Me: go on mon let us in for drink

Gorilla in suit: only couples mate

Me: eh... *kisses pal on cheek* we are a couple big boy *winks at bouncer*

Gorilla: no chance mate

me: are you being homphobic noo... cos if you are I'll sue!

gorilla: *has a wee chuckle* right in ya get, no trouble or i'll be after you!

me: (in gayest ever voice) easy sailor.. i'm spoken for!!

Simply Wonderful!!!
  • Options
    but chances are we'll be going to the SECC anyhoo :( :) I cant decide if thats a happy or sad smiley...

Hmmm... I hate the SECC.. so lifeless. The only thing worse is the Armadillo. I know it's cliched, but my vote would be for the Barrowlands. It's the perfect size for a venue, and if you don't like crowds you can sit on a bar stool getting fu and you're still spitting distance from the band.

What's the carling academy like? You been?
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838

I think it's both :) getting to see the band in Scotland and :( for having to go to the SECC. I hate that place :o It's all in the name.

EDIT: would love it to be the Barrowlands. Guess King Tut's would be asking a bit much ;)
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    What's the carling academy like? You been?

Its very very good... i dont think its as good as Barrowlands but its WAY better than SECC... (wouldnt be too hard that though :( )

Its quite small though and I think PJ will be selling bigger venues... and SECC is the biggest isnt it?
  • Options

Its quite small though and I think PJ will be selling bigger venues... and SECC is the biggest isnt it?

Unless they did Hampden or Ibrox ... but that's probably too big
  • Options
    SECC is the biggest, but I don't think they played the biggest hall last time...

It would be nice to see a little bit of imagination... play Stirling Castle or something. You can't gaurantee the weather though... so you couldn't have the nice sunny weather that we got at all the outdoor concerts in the summer:

http://flickr.com/photos/furbyx4/247337466/in/set-72157594290777761/
  • Options
    Chime wrote:
    Guess King Tut's would be asking a bit much ;)

That would be an absolute dream..... Venues don't come much better... It would have to be scottish registered ten club members only ... and even then that might be over capacity....
  • Options
    That would be an absolute dream..... Venues don't come much better... It would have to be scottish registered ten club members only ... and even then that might be over capacity....

Damn :( My address is down south now.

*quickly contacts 10c to switch it to parent's address*

I love that place ... and there's always at least one member of the band in the bar when you arrive :D
  • Options
    Stirling Castle would be a great place to play, the mountains backdropping the stage :) I used to live just down the road from there.

I'm not sure though how many it holds, it can only be as big as the SECC I think.

Glasgow has Bellahouston Park as well which I believe is an outdoor venue smaller than the likes of Hampden and Ibrox.

The Barrowlands would be amazing but unlikely and the Academy has utterly dreadful sound. If you're not in the first five rows it just sounds like a horrible mess
    A democracy on paper, apparently well ordered, regularly subverted by irrational chaos.

Manchester - 4/6/2000
    London - 20/4/2006
    Dublin - 23/8/2006
    London - 18/6/2007
    New York City - 24/6/2008
    New York City - 25/6/2008 - we will be "what is up" New York
    Manchester - 18/8/2009
    Manchester - 20/6/2012
    Leeds - 6/7/2014
    London - 18/6/2018
  • Options
    Chime wrote:
    ... and there's always at least one member of the band in the bar when you arrive :D

I had a very bizarre night when Victoria Williams of Crazy Mary fame was asking me where she could find the hairy cows in Glasgow before her 8am flight to London the next day....

King tut's is great for either the obscure, those on their way up or the greats when no one cares about them any more...
  • Options
    You can all stay at my place as well... Mike's coming down to see how the view from the Burns Monument in Mauchline compares to that of Il Duomo in Milan.... I reckon on a clear day you could see dunk's house... well dumfries anyway.... hmm maybe just the A76.... yeah mike... through thar there traffic lights there is Dumfries...

Maybe they should stick to Glasgow....
    Ooohh can I book my room/bed/couch/floor now please?? :)

Hey ya doin anyway? Haven't seen your name around in a while!
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options

hee hee... like your coming :p:p
  • Options
    hee hee... like your coming :p:p
    Oh sorry, do I need a personal invite from YOU??? :o

:rolleyes:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    BuruBuru Posts: 8,473
    Looks like it might actually happen...

PJ in Scotland in 2007 (and other parts of europe)
    :)

so good for scots!
    :D
    y la banda de Guille... cuando toca?
  • Options
    Will you be coming over then Marina?
  • Options
    siochansiochan Posts: 304
    I have plans to immigrate for a wee bit across the atlantic and now with all the talk about europe i am seriously thinking i have to make sure i don't leave before the lads come play for us again................ how tragic would that be to miss them
    " You cannot throw a rope around the neck of an idea" .....Bobby Sands.
  • Options
    siochan wrote:
    I have plans to immigrate for a wee bit across the atlantic and now with all the talk about europe i am seriously thinking i have to make sure i don't leave before the lads come play for us again................ how tragic would that be to miss them

You as well?? What is this?? Byrnzie.. Wash..... :(
  • Options

Hi...

How's you?

I'm good.... living quietly.... the boards didn't have much to say so I've been keeping a low profile, but I caught the first week back at work disease and needed some procrastination...
  • Options
    stu geestu gee Posts: 1,174

Is this guy in the video a reliable source?
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
  • Options
    duggroduggro Posts: 1,343
    You can all stay at my place as well... Mike's coming down to see how the view from the Burns Monument in Mauchline compares to that of Il Duomo in Milan.... I reckon on a clear day you could see dunk's house... well dumfries anyway.... hmm maybe just the A76.... yeah mike... through thar there traffic lights there is Dumfries...

Maybe they should stick to Glasgow....
    m-line? my friends from there.

she says the beach gives you a rash:)
    Dublin Leeds Berlin Wembley
  • Options
    duggro wrote:
    m-line? my friends from there.

she says the beach gives you a rash:)

Mauchline doesn't have a beach... but I'm sure if it did it would give you a rash...

...it's a bit like the Carlsburg adverts....
  • Options
    Buru wrote:
    Looks like it might actually happen...

PJ in Scotland in 2007 (and other parts of europe)
    :)

so good for scots!
    :D

Has there actually been anything more concrete than pure speculation and reports on fan sites that they actually will be coming to Europe this year?

I would have thought their appearance at Pinkpop is reportedly now not going happen, then other Europe shows would be unlikely.

It's starting to feel a bit like mob mentality, everyone just going on about it until everyone believes it, whether it be true or not
    A democracy on paper, apparently well ordered, regularly subverted by irrational chaos.

Manchester - 4/6/2000
    London - 20/4/2006
    Dublin - 23/8/2006
    London - 18/6/2007
    Manchester - 18/8/2009
    Manchester - 20/6/2012
    Leeds - 6/7/2014
    London - 18/6/2018
  • Options
    It's starting to feel a bit like mob mentality, everyone just going on about it until everyone believes it, whether it be true or not

*strokes Jim's name from list of people allowed to cross the border*

I havent even read that many rumours... i've been saying " PJ come to Scotland" since the year 2000!! :(
  • Options
    *strokes Jim's name from list of people allowed to cross the border*

I havent even read that many rumours... i've been saying " PJ come to Scotland" since the year 2000!! :(

*Prepares for Braveheart style battle*

I would love to see PJ play in Scotland. My best friend lives in Glasgow and he's a huge PJ fan and we've never had the chance to go see them together as he didn;t manage to get Astoria or Dublin tickets so I really hope they do return.

......and Scottish crowds rock the most!:D

Manchester - 4/6/2000
    London - 20/4/2006
    Dublin - 23/8/2006
    London - 18/6/2007
    Manchester - 18/8/2009
    Manchester - 20/6/2012
    Leeds - 6/7/2014
    London - 18/6/2018