Options

Second chance at Wrigley Tix!

Comments

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,355
    jason_94 wrote:
    btw,i found it cool they put for the draw only the ones was in the draw the first time ands miss out,cos they keep the limit lower .,if they open to everyone,alot more will jump in.and cool they let us know only 10% will score..
    its good to know what you dealing with and your chances are 1 to 10 to score tix

All good points that I completely agree with.

If I read the story right and interpreted it right, it sounds like they may have modified the height of the soundboard set up near 2nd base which could possible open up some seats behind home plate.

Whatever they did, I think it is really cool of them to make these modifications to open up more seats and then on top of that, secure the tickets for the fan club in the manner they did to this very unique and high demand show!

Great communication from 10C in that e-mail that was sent out!

Good luck to all who missed out the first time and have this second chance!

Even though there is still going to be more requests than there are tickets available, at least there are more and they told us about how much more.
    btw,if you think that there is a 10% of tix available to cover the ones missed out.that doesnt mean ALL missed out they gonna be in the second lottery..
    some fans find spares,some others bought from public sales,some from scalpers.some others they cancel the whole trip ..so,maybe the chances to score are very good..and not only 10%
    cos 10% is the number by counting ALL the ones didnt score,but some of them already get tix somehow or not intresting now..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,587
    Also some may nit do this lottery since seats likely aren't the greastest.
  • Options
    Also some may nit do this lottery since seats likely aren't the greastest.
    true..this too
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Completed my request while listening to Faithful.
    9.29.96, 8.28.98, 9.1.00, 7.5.03, 9.30.05, 6.1.06, 6.19.08, 6.20.08, 6.24.08, 10.27.09, 10.28.09, 10.30.09, 5.20.10, 9.3.11, 9.4.11, 9.2.12, 7.19.13...

2013- Brooklyn2, Philly1, Philly2, NOLA
  • Options
    JB128716JB128716 Posts: 2,064
    The odds become greater or lower than 10% once you consider you have to pick a section.

Let's say for argument sake there are 100 tickets total for both sections and 1000 people enter to win (10 percent will win).

500 people enter for the section A and 500 enter for the section B.

There are 80 tickets for section A to give away and 20 for section B.

So now one section has a better chance of winning than the other.

The trick here is to figure out what everyone else will do, and do the opposite. :).

That's also the trick in making money in the stock market (do the exact opposite of the masses).
    92 - Orlando
    03 - Tampa
    08 - Tampa
    12 - DeLuna Fest, EV Orlando 1 & 2, EV Ft Lauderdale 1 & 2
    13 - Wrigley!!! ,Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford, OKC, Seattle
    14 - Leeds, Milton Keynes, St Louis
    16 - Ft Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Wrigley 1 & 2
  • Options
    JB128716 wrote:
    The odds become greater or lower than 10% once you consider you have to pick a section.

Let's say for argument sake there are 100 tickets total for both sections and 1000 people enter to win (10 percent will win).

500 people enter for the section A and 500 enter for the section B.

There are 80 tickets for section A to give away and 20 for section B.

So now one section has a better chance of winning than the other.

The trick here is to figure out what everyone else will do, and do the opposite. :).

That's also the trick in making money in the stock market (do the exact opposite of the masses).
    dont forget at your exable,,the 1000 people was suppose to enter,the ones missed out,alot of them already score at public sale,found 10c spares,or went to scalpers,+ they dont like the option of where those tix-seats are..so,,will NOT enter the draw..
    for exable me,and i know aothers too,from the moment there is no Standing pit tix option at this second chance + i found lower bowl spare,ill not enter,same others too,they found tix already
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    I'll change my pic to one more like yours if that gets me a slightly more objective answer :D I´m still not sure about those seats though....

i'm guessing they are gonna be sharp angle seats at each end of the stadium. could be wrong. i have no real knowledge.

but it's a baseball stadium....every seat in the staidum is going to be a minimum of 250ft from the stage.

all that said, as long as you are not behind a pole, it really should be a tremendous show. chicago is a fun city to hang out in. if you were looking for a place to go for a vacation, you could do a lot worse. food, bars, clubs, muesums, shows, you name it...chicago has it.

Hot Dog stands that violate you to the ver core of your soul! :lol:
    9.29.96, 8.28.98, 9.1.00, 7.5.03, 9.30.05, 6.1.06, 6.19.08, 6.20.08, 6.24.08, 10.27.09, 10.28.09, 10.30.09, 5.20.10, 9.3.11, 9.4.11, 9.2.12, 7.19.13...

2013- Brooklyn2, Philly1, Philly2, NOLA
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,856
    Good luck to the 4 people who score tix!!!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,973
    btw,i found it cool they put for the draw only the ones was in the draw the first time ands miss out,cos they keep the limit lower .,if they open to everyone,alot more will jump in.and cool they let us know only 10% will score..
    its good to know what you dealing with and your chances are 1 to 10 to score tix

Yep, this is a good deal.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    KimmiebyromKimmiebyrom Posts: 1,832
    81 wrote:
    250 feet??? :shock: Well I guess it´s all about the music anyway. I hope they put up screens though.
    I put my name in, it´s a long shot anyway but I might regret it if I don't at least try :)

it's baseball stadium.

400 level from behind home plate for the sir paul show

http://www.sharedjourneyservices.com/wp ... r-paul.jpg

Thx for the pic. From what I can tell of the image, section 400 won't be all that bad. No I wont get to see sweat flying, but I'll be able to HEAR!! I'm stoked just to be able to attend! 2nd PJ show ever, 1st time Chicago.
    2003 Dallas
    2013 Wrigley
    2013 Dallas
    2013 Oklahoma City
    2013 Seattle

How I choose to feel is how I am.
    There's just one word I still believe...and it's LOVE.
    "Take care of one another..." -EV
  • Options
    JB128716JB128716 Posts: 2,064
    The way I look at this is:

1. Do the tix get me in? Yes
    2. Are the tix at face value and not 5x the price? Yes

I'm going for it.

Of course the drawing happens to be on my b-day so it will either be a great gift or.... Let's think positive here. :)
    92 - Orlando
    03 - Tampa
    08 - Tampa
    12 - DeLuna Fest, EV Orlando 1 & 2, EV Ft Lauderdale 1 & 2
    13 - Wrigley!!! ,Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford, OKC, Seattle
    14 - Leeds, Milton Keynes, St Louis
    16 - Ft Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Wrigley 1 & 2
  • Options
    FlannelGalFlannelGal Minneapolis, MN Posts: 532
    I need 4, but I'm still going to try. I figure it is much easier to try and get 2 tickets, than four together anyways. If I do happen to win the lottery and get 4 tickets sometime after that, I don't see that as a problem either. Maybe more friends will want to go, or I can give them to someone that wasn't as lucky.
    If I win and can't find 2 other tickets - well maybe my friends will have to draw straws or something.
    No matter what - I'll be there! :thumbup:
    07-09-95 Milwaukee, WI (Summerfest) - 10-08-00 Alpine Valley Music -06-16-03 St. Paul, MN - 09-03-11 Alpine Valley Music Theatre -09-04-11 Alpine Valley Music Theatre - 09-30-12 Missoula, MT - 07-19-13 Wrigley Field - 11-15-13 Dallas, TX - 10-3-14 St Louis, MO - 10-19-14 St Paul, MN
  • Options
    front spacerfront spacer Earth Posts: 3,246
    How about some second chance tickets for London, too!? Hopefully the side and rear stage sections open up! :D
    Indy - 08.17.98
    Indy - 08.18.00
    Indy - 06.22.03
    Indy - 05.07.10
    EV StL - 07.01.11
    Alpine Valley - 09.03.11, 09.04.11 (PJ20)
    ATL - 09.22.12 (Music Midtown Festival)
    EV Jax - 11.24.12
    Chicago - 07.19.13
    Pittsburgh - 10.11.13
    Moline - 10.17.14 (The No Code Show)
    Milwaukee - 10.20.14 (The Yield Show)
    FtL - 04.08.16
    Miami - 04.09.16
    Tampa - 04.11.16
    Lexington - 04.26.16
    Chicago - 08.20.16, 08.22.16
    Chicago - 08.18.18, 08.20.18
    Boston - 09.02.18, 09.04.18
  • Options
    RatsTJRatsRatsTJRats Boston Posts: 431
    10% of you are soon to become enemy #1 on these message boards...good luck!

You can join the rest of us "non-real" PJ fans that got tix.
    This could be the day
  • Options
    EraserheadEraserhead Stoke-on-Trent Posts: 2,859
    Oooh, tempted by this! If I won (and I have to state if...) I would def. trade my spare for the London show. To do this or not... :?
    Manchester 04.06.00, Leeds 25.08.06, Wembley 18.06.07, Dusseldorf 21.06.07, Shepherds Bush 11.08.09, Manchester 17.08.09, Adelaide 17.11.09, Melbourne 20.11.09, Sydney 22.11.09, Brisbane 25.11.09, MSG1 20.05.10, MSG2 21.05.10, Dublin 22.06.10, Belfast 23.06.10, London 25.06.10, Long Beach 06.07.11 (EV), Los Angeles 08.07.11 (EV), Toronto 11.09.11, Toronto 12.09.11, Ottawa 14.09.11, Hamilton 14.09.11, Manchester 20.06.12, Manchester 21.06.12, Amsterdam 26.06.2012, Amsterdam 27.06.2012, Berlin 04.07.12, Berlin 05.07.12, Stockholm 07.07.12, Oslo 09.07.12, Copenhagen 10.07.12, Manchester 28.07.12 (EV), Brooklyn 18.10.13, Brooklyn 19.10.13, Philly 21.10.13, Philly 22.10.13, San Diego 21.11.13, LA 23.11.13, LA 24.11.13, Oakland 26.11.13, Portland 29.11.13, Spokane 30.11.13, Calgary 02.12.13, Vancouver 04.12.13, Seattle 06.12.13, Trieste 22.06.14, Vienna 25.06.14, Berlin 26.06.14, Stockholm 28.06.14, Leeds 08.07.14, Philly 28.04.16, Philly 28.04.16, MSG1 01.05.16, MSG2 02.05.16
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,680
    I'm wondering if I should try for it even though I have a ticket secured with a ticket buddy, just in case the tix I might win end up being somehow better that what my ticket buddy gets assigned. Either way,all 4 tix would go to 10C members at face value ... would doing this make me a dickhead, or is this okay?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    edited March 2013
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    I'm wondering if I should try for it even though I have a ticket secured with a ticket buddy, just in case the tix I might win end up being somehow better that what my ticket buddy gets assigned. Either way,all 4 tix would go to 10C members at face value ... would doing this make me a dickhead, or is this okay?

wha?
  • Options
    peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    I'm wondering if I should try for it even though I have a ticket secured with a ticket buddy, just in case the tix I might win end up being somehow better that what my ticket buddy gets assigned. Either way, 2 tix out of 4 would go to other 10C members at face value ... would doing this make me a dickhead, or is this okay?

:think:

Doesn't sound so bad
  • Options
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

wha?
    If I won them, either my pair or my ticket buddy's pair could go to another 2 10C members at face; me and my buddy keep the best seats, and sell the remaining 2 for face ... so would me trying in this lottery just to give me and my buddy a greater selection of seats on the day of the show be lame of me, if what I'm trying to ask. I know I can do what I want, but I don't want to do anything that would irritate people (like people were when I threw back a bunch of tix in the public sale because the seats weren't good enough IMO).
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    dougfloyddougfloyd Fishers, IN Posts: 2,544
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

wha?
    If I won them, either my pair or my ticket buddy's pair could go to another 2 10C members at face; me and my buddy keep the best seats, and sell the remaining 2 for face ... so would me trying in this lottery just to give me and my buddy a greater selection of seats on the day of the show be lame of me, if what I'm trying to ask. I know I can do what I want, but I don't want to do anything that would irritate people (like people were when I threw back a bunch of tix in the public sale because the seats weren't good enough IMO).

Yes, please do enter and sell me the extra pair if you win :D

:lol: Seriously, just do whatever you want.
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
  • Options
    dougfloyd wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

wha?

Yes, please do enter and sell me the extra pair if you win :D

:lol: Seriously, just do whatever you want.
    :lol: I know it sounds dumb to ask, but I don't like being shredded on the boards. :oops:
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

wha?

i'm guessing his number is better than yours and the first set of seats are better than this go round.

unless you think he is going to bail....sit tight and let somebody without tix take them.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

wha?

i'm guessing his number is better than yours and the first set of seats are better than this go round.

unless you think he is going to bail....sit tight and let somebody without tix take them.
    No, he's not going to bail; he's reliable .... I just figured that the sight lines could be better or whatever. I've heard a lot of confusing stuff about seat assignments. But okay, I'll just forget about it.
  • Options
    october22october22 Posts: 2,533
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    No, he's not going to bail; he's reliable .... I just figured that the sight lines could be better or whatever. I've heard a lot of confusing stuff about seat assignments. But okay, I'll just forget about it.

No dude. I say go for it. You pay your membership for this opportunity. I am already going with GA tickets because my brother won but I'm still entering. My buddy didn't try the first time because he didn't think he could make it. Well, turns out now he can but since he's ineligible because he wasn't in the first round, I'm throwing my name in for him. The way I see it, we're all equal around here but if I could help my friend out who's also a 10C member, then why not? Hell, even if I win and for some reason he can't make it, I'll sell them for face on here. One member scoring is equal to any other scoring as far as I see it.

I say give yourself the option.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:

If you get them and end up selling for face to another 10C member go for it. No way makes you a dickhead, it makes you lucky :)
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    october22 wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

No dude. I say go for it. You pay your membership for this opportunity. I am already going with GA tickets because my brother won but I'm still entering. My buddy didn't try the first time because he didn't think he could make it. Well, turns out now he can but since he's ineligible because he wasn't in the first round, I'm throwing my name in for him. The way I see it, we're all equal around here but if I could help my friend out who's also a 10C member, then why not? Hell, even if I win and for some reason he can't make it, I'll sell them for face on here. One member scoring is equal to any other scoring as far as I see it.

I say give yourself the option.
    dude :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Oh, I know why I didn't get an email.

Interesting
    Why?

I wasn't entered in the first round... no big deal. I wasn't planning on entering this time anyway
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:

If you get them and end up selling for face to another 10C member go for it. No way makes you a dickhead, it makes you lucky :)
    30828606.jpg
  • Options
    bleobleo Posts: 15
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

30828606.jpg
    Hey I am totally doing that. I have two tickets in section 508, but if I can get better tickets through the fan club I'm going too. If that makes me dick still won't be the worst thing I've been called. shred away.
    B. Leo
  • Options
    bleo wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

30828606.jpg
    Hey I am totally doing that. I have two tickets in section 508, but if I can get better tickets through the fan club I'm going too. If that makes me dick still won't be the worst thing I've been called. shred away.
    You don't even have 10c tix - of course you're trying for it! I can't imagine anyone would begrudge you trying to get 10c tix when you're up in the 500s, and if they do they're jerks.
    I think I decided not to try for more after all... the term "sit tight" got to me in the end. I need to work on not being such a spaz. :lol: