Options

Second chance at Wrigley Tix!

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,680
    edited March 2013
    rival. wrote:
    TRobinson wrote:
    Sadly this will increase the bitching on the forums as of 3/7...but hey good luck to all those going for it! will see you in Chicago!

i won lower bowl during the first lottery. do members who win this time around stand a chance of getting a better seat than me?

if so, that's fucked. :corn:
    Is it? How so? When you got your ticket, it was the worst seat in the house (so they say). I think it's only awesome that they managed to open up seats that were obstructed before. In any case, all of the tix previously sold for the lower bowl were better than the 200 level.

Anyway, I already have a lower bowl/field ticket from another member. But if I didn't, I'd be really happy right now to have another chance, even though the odds are apparently only 1 in 10.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    -Buru--Buru- Santa Barbara, CA Posts: 1,292
    Signed up. Maybe I will be within the lucky 10% this time. Odds do not look too good though, so I do appreciate the fact that the Ten Club told us there is a very small quantity of tickets.
    I am just a dreamer, but you are just a dream...
    If I knew where it was I would take you there.

• Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    rival. wrote:
    TRobinson wrote:
    Sadly this will increase the bitching on the forums as of 3/7...but hey good luck to all those going for it! will see you in Chicago!

i won lower bowl during the first lottery. do members who win this time around stand a chance of getting a better seat than me?

Is it? How so? When you got your ticket, it was the worst seat in the house. I think it's only awesome that they managed to open up seats that were obstructed before.

Anyway, I already have a lower bowl/field ticket from another member. But if I didn't, I'd be really happy right now to have another chance, even though the odds are apparently only 1 in 10.

i say it playfully. this is great news. more 10c members in, the better. this what everyone was asking for during the first lottery go around. based on what was sold during public sale and currently on stubhub, it seems the ones that won the lower bowl/field will be on the field. these seats that are just opening up in the lower bowl are just that.
  • Options
    sparky_frysparky_fry Posts: 760
    I'd guess these are the seats direcly behind the plate?

That section seems pretty empty in the pictures here due to the sound tent:

http://community.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=204302&hilit=cool+view
  • Options
    FlannelGalFlannelGal Minneapolis, MN Posts: 532
    Yipee! I need 4, but screw it, I'm gong to try and take my chances. It is easier to scrounge up 2 tickets than 4, anyways.

Good luck to all!
    07-09-95 Milwaukee, WI (Summerfest) - 10-08-00 Alpine Valley Music -06-16-03 St. Paul, MN - 09-03-11 Alpine Valley Music Theatre -09-04-11 Alpine Valley Music Theatre - 09-30-12 Missoula, MT - 07-19-13 Wrigley Field - 11-15-13 Dallas, TX - 10-3-14 St Louis, MO - 10-19-14 St Paul, MN
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    sparky_fry wrote:
    I'd guess these are the seats direcly behind the plate?

That section seems pretty empty in the pictures here due to the sound tent:

http://community.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=204302&hilit=cool+view
    Maybe, except that wouldn't make sense for 400 level, would it?? Maybe, but it seems unlikely. Really, once you're off the field, I'm not sure it makes a difference where you are as long as your view of the stage isn't obstructed. Wherever your seat is, you're a million miles away from the stage. I'm going to bring binoculars.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    JB128716JB128716 Posts: 2,064
    So what's everyone's priority 1? the higher priced ticket or the lower price ticket.

Let the Madness Begin!!!!
    92 - Orlando
    03 - Tampa
    08 - Tampa
    12 - DeLuna Fest, EV Orlando 1 & 2, EV Ft Lauderdale 1 & 2
    13 - Wrigley!!! ,Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford, OKC, Seattle
    14 - Leeds, Milton Keynes, St Louis
    16 - Ft Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Wrigley 1 & 2
  • Options
    WhyNotSwedenWhyNotSweden Sweden Posts: 4,272
    Is this the "I'm inside the building seats" that you gut a pain in the neck after the show?

These tickets are located in an area that originally had a blocked view of the stage due to the positioning of sound equipment. However the positioning of that equipment has recently changed opening these seats to have an unobstructed view of the stage.

Kudos to 10C to do this........
    -95, Stockholm (MirrorBall Tour)
    -00, Stockholm
    -07, Copenhagen
    -09, Berlin
    -10, Berlin
    -11, East Troy 1+2
    -12, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, EV London 2
    -13, London, Chicago
    -14, Amsterdam 1+2, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo
    -16, TOTD San Francisco 1+2
    -17, EV Amsterdam 2+3
    -18, Amsterdam 1+2, London 1+(2), Barcelona, London 2
    -19, EV Brussels

• Options
    rival. wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    rival. wrote:

Is it? How so? When you got your ticket, it was the worst seat in the house. I think it's only awesome that they managed to open up seats that were obstructed before.

i say it playfully. this is great news. more 10c members in, the better. this what everyone was asking for during the first lottery go around. based on what was sold during public sale and currently on stubhub, it seems the ones that won the lower bowl/field will be on the field. these seats that are just opening up in the lower bowl are just that.
    Correct me if I read it wrong, but I think the lower bowl tix sold in the first sale were 100 level at worst, and these new tix are 200 level.
    So they said that there are only enough tix being released to hook up 10% of all of those who didn't get tix in the first lottery... :think: Is there any math equation that can be done to figure out how many 10C tix there are with the info we have from both sales? Math geniuses, a hand please? :)
  • Options
    carly316carly316 WI Posts: 332
    JimmyV wrote:
    Nice! Good luck to all who are still searching.

• Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Is there any math equation that can be done to figure out how many 10C tix there are with the info we have from both sales?

no.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    coco buttercoco butter Posts: 1,438
    I hate the idea of getting tickets up in the rafters for this show. But I also hate the idea of spending $200 a ticket the day of the show for a lower seat.

Decisions, Decisions.

I'll take the chance.
    Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that.
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Is there any math equation that can be done to figure out how many 10C tix there are with the info we have from both sales?

no.
    Oh well.
  • Options
    RatsTJRatsRatsTJRats Boston Posts: 431
    If I were all you I would hold out on this "second chance". They will be announcing the 2nd Wrigley show anyday now....
    This could be the day
  • Options
    october22 wrote:
    aaaaaaaaaaawwwwww bring that shit in!!!!!

For some reason I heard Zack de la Rocha scream this in my head when I got the email. I have no idea why. All I know is that it was awesome.

:lol: That rocks!
  • Options
    coco buttercoco butter Posts: 1,438
    TRobinson wrote:
    If I were all you I would hold out on this "second chance". They will be announcing the 2nd Wrigley show anyday now....

Or the fan club only show at The Vic for those who missed both sets of tickets.
    Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,354
    this is so Great!! as it seems,they announce things,when they have something to announce.. ;) :thumbup:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    JimmyV wrote:
    smanchac1 wrote:
    Feel bad for anyone who already paid $500-600.

I don't.
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    this is so Great!! as it seems,they announce things,when they have something to announce.. ;) :thumbup:

yeah, and it's not even Tuesday! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

;)...actually, i was waiting something else to be announced today :mrgreen:
  • Options
    It would be heartbreaking to lose both times but I will take my chances. I'm just soooo grateful for the opportunity!

Classy move, 10C. Thank you! :!:

Now, cheers to the others who will be spending the next 4 days with high anxiety like me! :sick::D
  • Options
    GetRight13GetRight13 NY Posts: 586
    YESSSSSSSSSS!!! I hope I get some this time! :D
    2023 Austin 1 & 2
    Ottawa 09/03
    MSG 1 & 2
    2013 Brooklyn (10/18, 10/19) Philadelphia (10/21, 10/22)
    2012 Atlanta 09/22
    2009 Albany 06/08 (Eddie Solo)
    2008 Bonnaroo 6/14
    2006 Albany 05/12
    2005 Philadelphia 10/03
    2000 Saratoga Springs 08/27
  • Options
    oh.and good luck to all!!! :)
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,123
    Pretty sweet there is a 2nd chance.
    All the best for those that didn't score the first time around.
  • Options
    F5AgainstOneF5AgainstOne New Hampshire, USA Posts: 1,462
    Good Luck Everybody!
    EV Solo Boston 6/16/11
    East Troy 9/3/11
    East Troy 9/4/11
    Amsterdam 6/26/12
    Amsterdam 6/27/12
    Wrigley Field 7/19-20/13
    Worcester, MA 10/15/13
    Worcester, MA 10/16/13
    Hartford, CT 10/25/13
    Seattle, WA 12/06/13
    Denver, CO 10/22/14
    Fenway 2016 #1
    Fenway 2016 #2
    Fenway 2018 #1
    Fenway 2018 #2
  • Options
    I hate the idea of getting tickets up in the rafters for this show. But I also hate the idea of spending $200 a ticket the day of the show for a lower seat.

Decisions, Decisions.

I'll take the chance.
    Up high or down low... either way, the stage is really far away. Lower seats are great when you're there for a baseball game, but since the stage is at the very back of the field, I'm starting to realize that the difference is negligible once your seats are off the field.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    I'm starting to realize that the difference is negligible once your seats are off the field.

:fp: :fp: :fp: :lol:

if you are in the stands, bring binoculars.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    I'm starting to realize that the difference is negligible once your seats are off the field.

:fp: :fp: :fp: :lol:

if you are in the stands, bring binoculars.
    Definitely! Not sure why you are :fp: though.
  • Options
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

;)...actually, i was waiting something else to be announced today :mrgreen:

And what would that be????
    1995: San Francisco, San Diego
    2000: Phoenix
    2008: Camden 2
    2009: San Diego, Philly 1, Philly 2
    2010: MSG 1, MSG 2
    2011: Alpine 1, Alpine 2
    2012: Missoula
    2013: Wrigley, Phoenix, San Diego, LA1, LA2, Oakland
    2014: Denver
    2016: MSG1, MSG2, Fenway 1, Fenway 2
    2018: Fenway 1
  • Options
    PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,873
    TRobinson wrote:

i'm guessing you're kidding

but wrigleys neighbors are as bad as fenways... another show won't be approved