Options

Signs of my advanced age:

Comments

• Options

:lol:
    I made it 28 seconds before leaving; longer than I thought I would.
    (This is another sign of my advanced age!)
    5 glorious minutes of several different prancercizes
  • Options
    rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    ....taking my glasses off to read.... :x :wtf:
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    rollings wrote:

have to put glasses on to read really fine print when holding it three feet away still won't do it.
  • Options
    SnakeduckSnakeduck Posts: 1,056
    Suddenly find myself in the market for a rocking chair and shotgun...
  • Options
    DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    Snakeduck wrote:

Holy fuck.

How the hell are ya?
  • Options
    Snakeduck wrote:

Holy fuck.

How the hell are ya?

Livin' the dream... you know. What's all this jazz you are up to? I'm still packing up the Tundra for a trip out east... any day now.
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    Snakeduck wrote:

too bad you weren't at breakfast with us at Cracker Barrel...we were sitting in rocking chairs rocking out waiting for norm...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:
    Snakeduck wrote:

too bad you weren't at breakfast with us at Cracker Barrel...we were sitting in rocking chairs rocking out waiting for norm...

See, where I am from, there are nothing but white people, so any time I pass a Cracker Barrel, I just start laughing. Y'all would have asked me to leave at some point...
  • Options
    Snakeduck wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    Snakeduck wrote:

See, where I am from, there are nothing but white people, so any time I pass a Cracker Barrel, I just start laughing. Y'all would have asked me to leave at some point...

sounds painful :?
  • Options
    LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Hahahahahababhahahahhahahahahahnanananabhan
  • Options
    Snakeduck wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    Snakeduck wrote:

I did make quite a scene in that one...people couldn't stop staring. ;)
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    rollings wrote:
    sounds painful :?

Yeah, but I laugh at pain so all is good...
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:
    I did make quite a scene in that one...people couldn't stop staring. ;)

I understand. Montana is a lot like Idaho... whole lotta white folk.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    RKCNDY wrote:
    Snakeduck wrote:

what'd you score on the triangle game?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    RKCNDY wrote:
    Snakeduck wrote:

sorry...the master bates was clear on the other side of town :|
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    Snakeduck wrote:

what'd you score on the triangle game?

did we play the triangle game? :? i can't remember...I do remember everybody being excited over the warm mini syrup bottles.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    Mrs. Brady is now the hottest one on the Brady Bunch and I feel like a creep checking out Marsha and Jan
  • Options
    donnaruhldonnaruhl Posts: 2,157
    rollings wrote:

How about switching both pair of glasses to see,to read.to see,to read. :geek: :ugeek: :?
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,732
    Look at the bright side of advanced aging (not that I would know- I'm not there yet):

You can hide your own Easter Eggs.
    You can watch then same great movies and read the same great books over and over and never get tired of them.
    It takes less to get you toasted (take that any way you want).
    You have more staying power in the sack (ditto the above).

I'm sure there' more but I've forgotten them at the moment.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    brianlux wrote:
    Look at the bright side of advanced aging (not that I would know- I'm not there yet):

You can hide your own Easter Eggs.
    You can watch then same great movies and read the same great books over and over and never get tired of them.
    It takes less to get you toasted (take that any way you want).
    You have more staying power in the sack (ditto the above).

I'm sure there' more but I've forgotten them at the moment.

the underlined part
  • Options
    Well, I went to the eye doctor on Monday...and when she asked "have you noticed any changes?" I said, "yes, I can't really see teeny tiny print with my glasses or contacts on..." and then I started laughing because I started to remember this thread...ear hairs, bifocals, etc.

Anywho...I was told I need reading glasses. image1.00 strength. I think I will still put them off since I really only need to see when the lighting is bad. image

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157

I eat supper (yeah i call it supper now) at 4:45 and put on a pot of coffee at 5 - then sit in the window and watch the neighbors get home from work til the news comes on.

:))
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    donnaruhl said:

Black Diamond" said:
    Your wife needs to cut your ear hairs because your eye sight has gotten so bad you can't see clear in mirror
    Try putting mascara on without your glasses :lol:

that's funny stuff

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

Louis CK said this in a show I saw recently about aging. He said you get to a point in life where you can be sitting on the couch and you have to get up to wipe your ass for some reason.

:))

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options

have to pee super bad but it still takes 20 seconds to get started. :(

damn it

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    RKCNDY said:

Well, I went to the eye doctor on Monday...and when she asked "have you noticed any changes?" I said, "yes, I can't really see teeny tiny print with my glasses or contacts on..." and then I started laughing because I started to remember this thread...ear hairs, bifocals, etc.

Anywho...I was told I need reading glasses. image1.00 strength. I think I will still put them off since I really only need to see when the lighting is bad. image

Oh the days of 20/20 vision! Actually, when I was in my twenties I had 20/15 vision which was great! (explained here: http://www.eyecaretyler.com/2020.htm )

Now I have an astigmatism and need reading glasses and distant glasses (i.e. bifocals only with two separate pairs of glasses). My optometrist did say, however, that I have no signs of glaucoma and asked if I smoked pot. I actually changed optometrists after that because the way he asked it was kind of creepy.

Love those old smileys, RKCNDY! image

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    brianlux said:

RKCNDY said:

Oh the days of 20/20 vision! Actually, when I was in my twenties I had 20/15 vision which was great! (explained here: http://www.eyecaretyler.com/2020.htm )

Now I have an astigmatism and need reading glasses and distant glasses (i.e. bifocals only with two separate pairs of glasses). My optometrist did say, however, that I have no signs of glaucoma and asked if I smoked pot. I actually changed optometrists after that because the way he asked it was kind of creepy.

Ha! Ahhhh Brian, I was so happy when she told me my vision was in the 20/25 to 20/30 range. I was never told my vision for the last 15 years! Figured I was around 20/40-which is the minimum for driving, any worse than that and you are considered legally blind for driving.
    My astigmatism is so horrible, I have to get special order contacts.

(I love the old smileys and try to use them as much as possible!)

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY said:

brianlux said:

RKCNDY said:

Ha! Ahhhh Brian, I was so happy when she told me my vision was in the 20/25 to 20/30 range. I was never told my vision for the last 15 years! Figured I was around 20/40-which is the minimum for driving, any worse than that and you are considered legally blind for driving.
    My astigmatism is so horrible, I have to get special order contacts.

(I love the old smileys and try to use them as much as possible!)
    15 years- you held out a long time! Glad to hear your vision is better than you had expected!

• Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,478
    brianlux said:

My optometrist did say, however, that I have no signs of glaucoma and asked if I smoked pot. I actually changed optometrists after that because the way he asked it was kind of creepy

I premeditated for glaucoma, back in the day.

a sign of my advanced age?.....if I smoke weed these days, I get stoned out of my mind.....today's pot bears little resemblance to the dirt weed I was weaned on.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16