Options

Signs of my advanced age:

Comments

• Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    norm wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    when you try to read the teeny tiny print on a bottle of nail polish (or anything else that uses tiny print) and you keep holding the item closer and closer to your face, and it just gets blurrier and blurrier, so you have to hold it farther away to try and make out the words.

(actually that only happens when I am wearing my contacts or glasses, un-aided, I can read tiny print just fine, but then that's the only thing I can see... :? )

this

and when you do look at it farther away, you still can't read it because the print is too small...i'm about 2 years away from bi-focals :(
    Im 2 years in... Good times.

and apparently posting the same thing twice in the same thread

:lol::lol:
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    norm wrote:

and apparently posting the same thing twice in the same thread

:lol::lol:

that's not new...BD's done that before... :lol:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    I miss my 8-track player. :(

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    Aaaaaagh!!! How I know I'm getting older, hangovers started getting longer!! It took two days to recover from 3 beers. And my boyfriends keep getting younger ;.)
    I don't need drugs to make my life tragic~E.V.
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    my hands look old, they look like my Mothers hands I remember, skin thin wrinkled and so very soft
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    mikalina wrote:
    I get a bit cranky if I don't take a nap.... :P

^^^^^^that right there and I also become very quiet, non talking. People know to leave me alone.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    STAYSEASTAYSEA Posts: 3,814
    I have three pairs of glasses in different prescriptions, and the eye doctor says I'm too young for bi-focals.

Is It a rite of passage? How old do I have to be?
  • Options
    covered in blisscovered in bliss chi-caw-go Posts: 1,329
    STAYSEA wrote:
    I have three pairs of glasses in different prescriptions, and the eye doctor says I'm too young for bi-focals.

Is It a rite of passage? How old do I have to be?

Do you want bifocals? I went to get glasses a few weeks ago and was prescribed progressive lenses. They told me to give them at least 2 weeks to get used to them but I couldn't make it that long. They made me reaaaalllly sick.

and a sign of my age: I have to take a daily vitamin D supplement. Along with my fish oil.
  • Options
    I know what HASH is .... but i am still confused about a HASHTAG
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,300
    No more pissing standing up allways go for the toilet seat ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    Hair is moving from where it should be, to where it shouldn't be. And turning color.
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,647
    Hair is moving from where it should be, to where it shouldn't be. And turning color.

I don't know what you're problem is, but that's been going on over here for about 10 years, and I'm only turning 29.
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,647

:lol:

+1
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    shep wrote:

+1

That is the winner. Knife hits!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    I am trying to pull numbers off a report that someone put into a .pdf file and I literally cannot read it, font is way too small.

who the hell pdf's data anyway?
  • Options
    slept in to 6:30 am this morning
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    I am trying to pull numbers off a report that someone put into a .pdf file and I literally cannot read it, font is way too small.

the worst
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    I can't understand why my kids think their iPod is useless when they are out of WiFi range.
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    I can't understand why my kids think their iPod is useless when they are out of WiFi range.
  • Options
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

You can't enlarge the font at all? No zoom option?
  • Options
    I listen to NPR

I also listen to NPR

:fp:
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

the worst

right, how can you pivot that?
  • Options
    whats a hipster?
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I found another grey hair
    down there.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    donnaruhldonnaruhl Posts: 2,157
    My daughter used to pluck my grey hair,thank god she stopped. I'd be bald in front. :lol:
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    donnaruhl wrote:
    My daughter used to pluck my grey hair,thank god she stopped. I'd be bald in front. :lol:

that's true... you damage the hair follicle :)

no grey hair for me yet, maybe it's because i'm a redhead

i recently started wearing readers. they're cute, but hard to get used to
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    donnaruhldonnaruhl Posts: 2,157
    shortstack wrote:
    donnaruhl wrote:

that's true... you damage the hair follicle :)

no grey hair for me yet, maybe it's because i'm a redhead

i recently started wearing readers. they're cute, but hard to get used to
    Redheads go white.
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    dankind wrote:
    I found another grey hair
    down there.

:shock: :shock: :shock:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    oatmeal
  • Options
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    oatmeal

I would say that this is a sign only if you can't eat anything else cause your teeth fell out...

Have your teeth fallen out?