Best memory with fellow forum members

Comments

• PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    This is a tough one. One of the best times ever was the October 3, 2005 Philly show. Several board members (labmonke and purple rhino; and PJammin’) from California flew out for this show and we had so much fun. Although my best PJ buddy, idratherbe, did not make it from Seattle for this show, we did talk to her on the phone from the parking lot, so she was there in spirit. It was a just a great show, and it was also the show that Ed signed my Who bandana (thanks to another fabulous PJ buddy, Aunt Cheryl), so it was definitely a special evening.

Most of these people don’t post here anymore, but they remain loyal PJ fans and some of the best people I have EVER met. My love to all of them.
  • Opening our home to four pit members for a concert and mini vacation for our guests. Paddling to the island with a nice pit member who hooked us up with a dragon boat. The fondu and dinner and well let's just say we had a ton of fun.

Cleveland 05??? Meeting and partying with a bunch of the board yahoos.

Meeting my first board member on a whim while she was on business in our city. We partied like it was 1999 and danced and drank and then had to pass out at her hotel because a nice snow storm came to visit that night.

There are others but those three stand out a tad more then the rest.

LOVE YOU ALL! and, MISS YOU!

The poison from the poison stream caught up to you ELEVEN years ago and you floated out of here. Sept. 14, 08

• morellomorello Posts: 6,212
    edited June 2013
    My 1st meeting fellow forum members experience would be a great night spent at doompony's place in Wellington with her & ziggy watching 4 hours of PJ vids & other PJ goodies!! Then my 1st PJ related tour was EV 's solo tour in Oz in March '11 so I had my 1st experience of hanging around outside the venue all day with fellow 10c'ers( :wave: hi drummachine89) + at the pub before & after gigs & my 1st wishlist pre-party in Newcastle. Thennnnn the PJ20 tour & wow, what can I say about that? BL's amazing condensed turbo tour of Chicago's hotspots(Mollies cupcakes, Wrigley, deep dish pizza, view from the ladies' loo at the top of the John Hancock Centre....)! I missed Speedy 's goddam tailgate which he owes me for forever but otherwise AMAZING weekend with my bestest PJ buddy ketray2142 & thennnnnnn Euro 2012! Weeheeeeee!

If I think about it & have to pick a #1 memory with fellow forum members though? Probably all the looks of "OMFG they're playing this next?" with people front, 2nd & 3rd row, including my buddy Paula, Stone side, at Amsterdam2 last year!! :D8-)

.... & onto whatever will be next. :-D
    Post edited by morello on
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    PJ20 - in the parking lot, pouring rain. Then the next day in the parking lot. and also Philly last year, no burgers, but there was bourbon
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,407
    Everything about PJ20
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    mfc2006 wrote:
    Everything about PJ20

Even the muddy shoes? :D
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,889
    I was so deliriously sick (and at times drunk and on double doses of meds) when I met everyone in MT.... I loved meeting the people that I did, and do have some really funny memories (and if I never said it before 81, thank you - I wasn't myself; I hope I at least showed some appreciation for you and your efforts, even if I was basically out of my mind and just doing my best not to pass out), but I'm going to just wait until Chicago and have a do-over!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    PJ20 - in the parking lot, pouring rain. Then the next day in the parking lot. and also Philly last year, no burgers, but there was bourbon

;)
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    I need to keep up the tradition of drinking all of Mamasan's beer when she's not around.
    May be a bit tricky this time around... :think:
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    mca47 wrote:
    I need to keep up the tradition of drinking all of Mamasan's beer when she's not around.
    :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

I have sad feelings when I think of the beer I lost on that fateful day in September at Alpine Valley!!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    maybe the best memories have not been made yet
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    mca47 wrote:

I heard about that.

Well played
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    (and if I never said it before 81, thank you - I wasn't myself; I hope I at least showed some appreciation for you and your efforts, even if I was basically out of my mind and just doing my best not to pass out)

Sounds kind of dirty, actually.
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    (and if I never said it before 81, thank you - I wasn't myself; I hope I at least showed some appreciation for you and your efforts, even if I was basically out of my mind and just doing my best not to pass out)

It seems to be a theme for me today.... According to you. :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

It seems to be a theme for me today.... According to you. :lol:

Sucks for you :lol:
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,407
    mca47 wrote:
    mfc2006 wrote:
    Everything about PJ20

Even the muddy shoes? :D

Yup :D
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    mca47 wrote:
    :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

I have sad feelings when I think of the beer I lost on that fateful day in September at Alpine Valley!!

Blame 81! He gave me the green light. Had he said "no, that's my pal Mamasan's" instead of "whatever man, I don't care, it's not mine" you would have had your beer. :lol::lol:

By the way....it really hit the spot after that show! :D
  • afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    Unlost & I meeting up with RKCNDY in the lobby of our hotel in MT for a 3-way hug :D
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • morellomorello Posts: 6,212
    Oh & ketray2142 & I looking at each other when Release started at PJ20 with a look of yay, we made it & yay, here we go! :-D
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    mca47 wrote:
    Blame 81! He gave me the green light. Had he said "no, that's my pal Mamasan's" instead of "whatever man, I don't care, it's not mine" you would have had your beer. :lol::lol:

By the way....it really hit the spot after that show! :D

way to throw me under the bus. :fp:

isn't there some tailgate rule of a beer left behind is a beer forfeighted?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    mamasan yelling at me in a four loko fueled rage :lol:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    I was so deliriously sick (and at times drunk and on double doses of meds) when I met everyone in MT.... I loved meeting the people that I did, and do have some really funny memories (and if I never said it before 81, thank you - I wasn't myself; I hope I at least showed some appreciation for you and your efforts, even if I was basically out of my mind and just doing my best not to pass out), but I'm going to just wait until Chicago and have a do-over!

wait...what...

all i did was drive you to steak night....pretty sure you said thanks...i dunno...
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    81 wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

wait...what...

all i did was drive you to steak night....pretty sure you said thanks...i dunno...

and since we had just met her, how would we have known if she was sick :lol::lol:
    norm wrote:
    81 wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

wait...what...

and since we had just met her, how would we have known if she was sick :lol::lol:

she seemed pretty normal when i picked her up....but when we saw at the koa after dinner....that's anouther story. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

wait...what...

Nooo, you invited me back to the KOA, gave me booze, introduced me to people - it was nice of you, because I was alone and sick and knew no one (so was basically like a sad lost puppy, lol), so I appreciated it, even if you didn't think it was a big deal. ;)
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    yeah, i never made it to koa...not sure if that's a good thing or bad thing :lol::lol:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Nooo, you invited me back to the KOA, gave me booze, introduced me to people - it was nice of you, because I was alone and sick and knew no one (so was basically like a sad lost puppy, lol), so I appreciated it, even if you didn't think it was a big deal. ;)

i'm just a bringer of people together kind of person.....

or not.....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    norm wrote:
    81 wrote:

wait...what...

she seemed pretty normal when i picked her up....but when we saw at the koa after dinner....that's anouther story. :lol:
    :fp: I was so drunk and high! Snake Duck smoked me up in his truck on the way there. :lol: And I sounded like Phyllis Diller. :oops:
    norm wrote:
    yeah, i never made it to koa...not sure if that's a good thing or bad thing :lol::lol:

i'm going with good thing. :lol: we would have been kicked out for sure. :fp:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    I sounded like Phyllis Diller. :oops:
    i missed that part :lol::lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg