Australia and NZ tour rumours going around Part 2 (No Bullshit)

Comments

• ozpjmanozpjman Posts: 870
    the rob thomas 8

airfare, accom, a couple metres from the man all night, cant complain :D

yes mp3 player that pappas ruined the headphones to :mad:

Thats an awesome package!

Did he play many Matchbox 20 songs?
    Stars walk the red carpet because they're famous - I walk the toilet paper because im the shit.
  • illegal pantsillegal pants Posts: 13,471
    adelaide airport. saturday 15th Feb 2003, 1:30pm

jeff gave this prick the entire band's qantas boarding passes and then he had em on ebay before u could say "ungrateful fucker" - tryin to sell em for $500.

you know the time :eek: :D

any1 buy em?

:mad:
    wah
    adelaide airport. saturday 15th Feb 2003, 1:30pm

jeff gave this prick the entire band's qantas boarding passes and then he had em on ebay before u could say "ungrateful fucker" - tryin to sell em for $500.

I remember that auction!

He started it at over $1,000 or something ridiculous, and once the auction ended, with obviously no bids, the price kept coming down.

Dont think he actually sold them
    Stars walk the red carpet because they're famous - I walk the toilet paper because im the shit.
  • TroubledSoulTroubledSoul Posts: 1,365
    any1 buy em?

:mad:

no. theyre probably sitting in his sock drawer or something now... bastard.
    Yeh I've seen Pearl Jam, too. But I can't remember the dates.
    ozpjman wrote:
    Thats an awesome package!

Did he play many Matchbox 20 songs?

aw never thought id see that here :o

3am and smooth (no, not the same without carlos :o)

heard bent, if you're gone, push, the difference and hang on his recent tour... ok i'll stop now b4 i get banned :D
    wah
    no. theyre probably sitting in his sock drawer or something now... bastard.

well why didnt u follow him home :eek: ;)
    wah
  • the rob thomas 8

airfare, accom, a couple metres from the man all night, cant complain :D

yes mp3 player that pappas ruined the headphones to :mad:

ahhh, i didnt know it was for that gig...thats even better!! good stuff.

I cant believe some people...i know that selling shit like that is inevitable...but damn, thats way too much and obviously just a money thing for that guy. glad he didnt get what he wanted...$1000, that just stupid
    he who forgets will be destined to remember
  • time for sleep peeps.
    have a great one. catch ya all tomorrow night :)
    night tig, have a great weekend :)

i thought it was 11:30, damn computer :eek: work soon :o
    wah
    Anyway friends, im calling it a night.

Thankyou for this chat tonight, its really hard to follow this thread at work with my desk out in the open.

Enjoy the rest of the eveing (whats left of it), and go easy on that banana cake, leave some for tomorrow hehe

Jim
  • thanks babe, you too :)

Keep On Rockin friends :)
    always :o

night jim, never knew that was ur name! :D:o
    wah
  • smunachensmunachen Posts: 19
    All my compatriots - here's a tip!

Move over here to the UK and you get to go to awesome shows - I got tickets to the Astoria Gig! I am so happy.

Seen Pearl Jam 3 times - twice at the ent cent in Perth, once at the Burswood Dome.

Had to sleep out for tickets each time. But nothign will compare to seeing them on April 20th!
    Perth 95, Perth 98, Perth 03, Astoria 06, Reading 06, Torino 06, Pistoia 06, Wembley 07

http://iminhiding.blogspot.com
    smunachen wrote:
    All my compatriots - here's a tip!

Move over here to the UK and you get to go to awesome shows - I got tickets to the Astoria Gig! I am so happy.

Seen Pearl Jam 3 times - twice at the ent cent in Perth, once at the Burswood Dome.

Had to sleep out for tickets each time. But nothign will compare to seeing them on April 20th!

fate can bite those who gloat
    fate can bite those who gloat

I'm not gloating mate - I've done the hard yards. I slept on the concrete 3 times to get Pearl Jam tickets in Australia and I'd do the same thing again!

I'm couldn't have imagined that I'd get the chance to see Pearl Jam in such a small venue. It is a dream come true.

For all the shit stuff the UK offers - London is definitely where it all happens. The world moves at a fast pace over here mate - and sometimes good things like this happen.

I hope that Pearl Jam come to Australia soon. That'll give me an excuse to go back home and see them play again in my home town. Maybe even see Mark Seymour get on stage with Ed again, either way i'm happy.
    Perth 95, Perth 98, Perth 03, Astoria 06, Reading 06, Torino 06, Pistoia 06, Wembley 07

smunachen wrote:
    I'm not gloating mate - I've done the hard yards. I slept on the concrete 3 times to get Pearl Jam tickets in Australia and I'd do the same thing again!

I'm couldn't have imagined that I'd get the chance to see Pearl Jam in such a small venue. It is a dream come true.

For all the shit stuff the UK offers - London is definitely where it all happens. The world moves at a fast pace over here mate - and sometimes good things like this happen.

I hope that Pearl Jam come to Australia soon. That'll give me an excuse to go back home and see them play again in my home town. Maybe even see Mark Seymour get on stage with Ed again, either way i'm happy.

i know itll be an awseome gig. i saw the foos here in a small venue and it went off. and they arent even my favourite band. can only imagine what pj will bring. a fair distance for 1 show though... from seattle to london for 1 show??. next week might shed some light on that...... hopefully.
    Yeah, i went to the Foos gig too.

Had to get a ticket form a tout for £60, seems a bargain now considering the prices PJ tix are going for on eBay.

I work right next door to the Astoria. My back door opens onto the Astoria's back door so it would have killed me not to get tickets. I would have had to watch all my fellow jammers waiting for doors to open and would have been killing myself with the thought of not getting in.

• jemmsjemms Posts: 664
    bump* for the aussies! my sister wants to know if i can purchase her a ticket to their gig under my name coz i am a registered 10C member? is there a limit to the number of tickets one 10C member can buy to a single show?
    OFFICIAL AUSTRALIAN TOUR MEMBER #77

Ten Club (289xxx)

http://www.myspace.com/k_r_y_s_t_i_e

www.rarerecords.com.au =)
  • threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392
    if pearl jam made a one off trip to australia to play the arena. and you couldnt get a ticket.. but casual fans calling for last kiss DID get a ticket... would u be pissed? yes. think about it.

Sure i'd be upset, but i wouldn't quit the 10C and cry about it 1000 times like a little baby.
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
  • jemms wrote:
    bump* for the aussies! my sister wants to know if i can purchase her a ticket to their gig under my name coz i am a registered 10C member? is there a limit to the number of tickets one 10C member can buy to a single show?

you can only get 2 tix for each show through 10c but u can buy more with the commoners:p
    Bitch Be Cool 8)
    BRISBANE 1998,2003,2006,2009!!!
    Christchurch 2009
    Oh I'm a lucky man to count those I love on two hands

come say hi on facebook http://www.facebook.com/sean.montgomery
  • SarahCanadaSarahCanada Posts: 196
    a fair distance for 1 show though... from seattle to london for 1 show??. next week might shed some light on that...... hopefully.

they are appearing on the Jools show that airs at the beginning of May. apparently taped about 1 week in advance. take a look around ;-)
    I went to the concert
    And I fought through the crowd
    Guess I got a little too excited
    When I thought you were around
  • those songs from the AOL sessions sound really good :D Hard to Imagine especially, man i love this song!
    +--+-Official Upcoming Australasian Tour: Member No.5-+--+
    ~~~~~http://www.myspace.com/breakerfallpj~~~~~

YieldInHiding: "RED DOT is an intermission...not "filler." I hate that word. Filler is what's in a Twinkie."
  • heyjoseheyjose Posts: 503
    ozpjman wrote:
    Couldnt agree more.

It reminds me of Melbourne Night 1, 2003. A whole bunch of us are waiting out the front of RLA for the lads, and "fans" start filtering out from backstage with signed posters etc.

One of the girls that came out with a signed poster hung around for a while and was a huuuge fan. She was saying that half of the "fans" backstage had no idea who the band was except for Eddie. It was only when they signed a poster for them they said "Oh you're in the band" or a dumb comment to that effect.

I guess thats what happens with ppl who win radio competitions and only know Alive, Daughter, Betterman and Last Kiss.

Disgraceful

Did you hang around to meet Ed after Sydney 1? That was the best, actually got to have a short conversation with him through the gate. My friend asked "Did you see us in the front row?" which I thought was hilarious. Ed was really cool about it though, and kinda went "Ohhh, yeah!".
    1995: Melbourne 1
    1998: Melbourne 1, 2, 3
    2003: Sydney 1, 2, 3, Melbourne 1, 2, 3
    2006: Sydney 1, 2, Melbourne 1, 2, 3, Sydney 3, Newcastle, Adelaide 1, 2, Perth
    2009: LA 1, 2, Melbourne, Sydney
    2014: Gold Coast, Melbourne, Sydney

• zenithzenith Posts: 3,191
    ok - it's been a while since i've looked in on this board - life, shit & now a pc that needs throwing out the window - even just now i'm alt-tabbing my way thru this thread...i swear if my mouse does this in the morning i am putting my foot thru the screen and be done with
    now i saw a little snip in the sydney papers about pearl jam doing some shows in australia towards the end of the year a month or so ago - and today i had rvm blasting in the car, which got me to thinking about dropping in here and seeing if those rumours had any truth to them - still none the wiser, but my hand is up and count me on your list.

I saw pj in - (i think it was) - canberra - so when would have that been - years ago i guess, no-one decent ever plays in canberra anymore unless its small gigs one of the clubs - i saw grinspoon their about 6 months ago and again at the enmore november-ish - but that was an all ages and i just cant put up with standing amongst a bunch of little girls who scream their undying love thruout the entire show and then complain that their hair got messy - no offense to any little girls here either ;)

so it'll be sydney for me, or maybe newcastle - most of my friends have gotten themselves all boring and domesticated these days, but i'm thinking i might take along my 9 year old, he'll be 10 by then - it'll be his first gig, and who better to break him in with...he's not actually an official member of the board - but we'll put his hand up too, yea...so thats two for us
    impatience is a gift ........
  • Hey Zenith. Great to have you back :)
    some advice...GE finance...;):) or whoever you want...get yourself a new pc :)

the article in the sydney herald just mentioned that PJ would be coming to OZ...but nothing to back it up...just another Rumour in the paper...but we all know they are on their way :)
  • Sloth2Sloth2 Posts: 277
    page 8 again

Clearly everyone is hungover 'cept for me ;)

(or you could all have lives.......) :D
    "I hope they feed you in jail" - Ed V to a stage intruder 18/02/2003 Melbourne.

High Above
    i'll break the law
    if it's illegal to be in love
    leave the hatred on the cross
  • Page 8!!

I admit though I'm never here on the weekends...

I'm more of a monday, tuesday, wednesday man.
    ...The Moon is Rollin' Round....
  • Sloth2Sloth2 Posts: 277
    Every Sunday morning, it is page 8 ;)

I am either up early cos of work, or awake cos i worked the night before

I'm always here on a sunday :(
    "I hope they feed you in jail" - Ed V to a stage intruder 18/02/2003 Melbourne.

High Above
    i'll break the law
    if it's illegal to be in love
    leave the hatred on the cross
  • holy cow where the fuck is everyone....were on page something or other....might be 6...damn and only 2 posts since i was here last night....:(
    so very sad...the thread gets so lonely

On a brighter note....the countdown has begun....shall we say 28 days for us :D:D:D

and OMG it has nearly been a year since Easy Street and Crapshoot!! wow, time has blown by!
  • holy cow where the fuck is everyone....were on page something or other....might be 6...damn and only 2 posts since i was here last night....:(
    so very sad...the thread gets so lonely

On a brighter note....the countdown has begun....shall we say 28 days for us :D:D:D

and OMG it has nearly been a year since Easy Street and Crapshoot!! wow, time has blown by!

Im here now :D

agreed though...very quiet for a sunday night!
    I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks. - Stoney G.

http://www.myspace.com/ozbeachbum

7/11/06 - Sydney 1
    18/11/06 - Sydney 3
    19/11/06 - Newcastle Baby!
This discussion has been closed.