Australia and NZ tour rumours going around Part 2 (No Bullshit)

Comments

• Oz JammerOz Jammer Posts: 9,858
    How is everyone?
    So Pearl Jam are playing a warm up show in London.
    Wish it could've been somewhere over here.
    Oh well, guess i'll have to wait till November/December
  • jemmsjemms Posts: 664
    oh yeah they're coming they wouldnt by-pass us! too much <3 over here hahaha...plus thats just it.."warming up" haha
    OFFICIAL AUSTRALIAN TOUR MEMBER #77

Ten Club (289xxx)

http://www.myspace.com/k_r_y_s_t_i_e

www.rarerecords.com.au =)
  • GennibeanGennibean Posts: 75
    Yeah, a secret show or something like that would be great. Also, from what I've noticed, I think Australia might be one of the countries they are most popular and successful in, considering our small population.

BTW, can I ask fellow Aussie 10c members a question? I joined up on Monday, and received an email with my number and that it will be processed soon. Do they send another email to say your membership has been processed?
    ******* Official Upcoming Australasian Tour Member #74*******
  • PappasPappas Posts: 809
    Oz Jammer wrote:
    How is everyone?
    So Pearl Jam are playing a warm up show in London.
    Wish it could've been somewhere over here.
    Oh well, guess i'll have to wait till November/December
    yep, an my mate from london long time PJ fan won tickets how awesome is that

Gennibean wrote:
    BTW, can I ask fellow Aussie 10c members a question? I joined up on Monday, and received an email with my number and that it will be processed soon. Do they send another email to say your membership has been processed?
    yeah you should get another email sometime soon

awesoem news about evenflow coming to do another gig, cant wait. has a date been set yet?

Even Flow Psycho Member #039

******Message Pit Australian Tour Members********
    rumour starter President & Member #1

www.myspace.com/pappas99
  • Pappas wrote:

awesoem news about evenflow coming to do another gig, cant wait. has a date been set yet?

yeah see http://www.venuetix.com.au and its on there, cant remember the exact date of the top of my head but they are not for a while.
    +--+-Official Upcoming Australasian Tour: Member No.5-+--+
    ~~~~~http://www.myspace.com/breakerfallpj~~~~~

YieldInHiding: "RED DOT is an intermission...not "filler." I hate that word. Filler is what's in a Twinkie."
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    So Stella, how's it hanging???? LOL :D:D:D ....

.... or should I say "they"????
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • Nadine ZNadine Z Posts: 92
    Hi!
    Does anyone know if there is a Pearl Jam cover band here in Melbourne?
  • Sloth2Sloth2 Posts: 277
    yeah Its called Even Flow

The band whats heading to Adelaide.

They're alright. THeyll do you for a fix if ya want one. I'd personally rather chuck on a boot LOUD and have a joint on my porch.

But they're not too bad
    "I hope they feed you in jail" - Ed V to a stage intruder 18/02/2003 Melbourne.

High Above
    i'll break the law
    if it's illegal to be in love
    leave the hatred on the cross
  • illegal pantsillegal pants Posts: 13,471
    Pappas wrote:
    yep, an my mate from london long time PJ fan won tickets how awesome is that

aw nice! anthony? how lucky is it that he's there right now

zig, feelin strangely good today :D
    wah

zig, feelin strangely good today :D

I bet you are!!!!
  • InJuddsTreeInJuddsTree Posts: 377
    excellent, Evenflow are back. we'll have the new album by then, so a night of PJ covers in june will tide me over until the tour.
    Brisbane 8/2/03 -- Adelaide 16/2/03 -- Melbourne 18/2/03 -- Brisbane 10/11/06 -- Brisbane 11/11/06 -- Melbourne 13/11/06 -- Melbourne 14/11/06 -- Adelaide 21/11/06 -- Adelaide 22/11/06 -- Perth 25/11/06

lifewasted.net
  • heyjoseheyjose Posts: 503
    la la la la la

removed this so as not to offend :)

better to be safe than sorry
    1995: Melbourne 1
    1998: Melbourne 1, 2, 3
    2003: Sydney 1, 2, 3, Melbourne 1, 2, 3
    2006: Sydney 1, 2, Melbourne 1, 2, 3, Sydney 3, Newcastle, Adelaide 1, 2, Perth
    2009: LA 1, 2, Melbourne, Sydney
    2014: Gold Coast, Melbourne, Sydney

• DonJonDonJon Posts: 5,089
    People talking over the top of it??
    Thanks for the review mate and hope you had a great time.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
    yeah i think there were a couple of big fans there, but the others, well, you get that.

heyjose wrote:
    7. Unemployable

I really had to go to the bathroom, but like WWS, good to hear it from the disc and amped.

lol :eek:

thanks muchly for the review :) sparked my interest sooooo much more now :D

others reactions? or too busy with free booze :D

reaaally cant wait for its release :)
    wah
    hard to tell other's reactions.. especially when you didn't actually speak to anyone! everyone seemed like they knew people there. i was a lonesome loser but i did it for the forum. lol.

• DonJonDonJon Posts: 5,089
    Looking forawrd to Marker in the Sand now! Good stuff.

Any initial feedback from the non-Pearl Jam fans?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
    hehe, aw we're thankful :) not long til its release now :eek:
    wah
    hey heyjose, cheers man! great review.

a few questions:

- how much is 'gone' changed? you said the chorus is more poppy than the versions we have - is it faster/slower/edgier/louder? how different?

- can you compare 'marker in the sand' to any of their other songs?

- what has the best chance of being the second single?
    Brisbane 8/2/03 -- Adelaide 16/2/03 -- Melbourne 18/2/03 -- Brisbane 10/11/06 -- Brisbane 11/11/06 -- Melbourne 13/11/06 -- Melbourne 14/11/06 -- Adelaide 21/11/06 -- Adelaide 22/11/06 -- Perth 25/11/06

lifewasted.net
  • hey jose..

thanks alot for that... i didnt think i could have been looking forward to this album more than i already was... but, well, your making me...

wherabouts was it... any other cities having a listening party...?

do you think it will sit comfortably next to the rest of their catalogue ?

when i first read thetracklist i though marker sounded like it would be good... ive heard people say its got a real "Yield" fell about it?
  • GennibeanGennibean Posts: 75
    Thanks for the info on the new stuff 'heyjose'. I know what you mean when you said some people there weren't really fans or whatever. Damn industry gigs.

Anyway, seems like a different direction somewhat for the band. Getting very excited now!
    ******* Official Upcoming Australasian Tour Member #74*******
    hey guys, check this out -

http://forum.bigdayout.com/viewtopic.php?t=23738

PEARL JAM
    ‘Pearl Jam’ (J Records) May 1st
    ****1/2

PEARL JAM frontman Eddie Vedder once penned the line 'It's evolution, baby'. More than eight years have passed since the creation of that now-famous rocker, and on their new self-titled album we see finally see Ed and his men evolve into undeniable rock masters of their generation. While never seeming complacent or arrogant, Pearl Jam have historically succeeded at giving music lovers the best live show they will ever see, while at the same time giving their devoted fans studio albums that were nothing to write home about.

Of course, much respect must be given to a band that, at the height of their powers in 1995, recoils in self-preservation to write the underrated, undeniable gem that was ‘No Code’ (1996). Since then, as quoted by bassist Jeff Ament in 2001, Pearl Jam made a habit of holding back some of its best songs in an attempt to ‘sabotage their own fame’, and follow-ups ‘Yield’ (1998), ‘Binaural’ (2000) and the confusing ‘Riot Act’ (2002) were ‘good-without-being-great’ releases.

But ‘Pearl Jam’ sees the band come full circle. ‘Life Wasted’ and ‘Comatose’ are as raw as anything on ‘Vitalogy’ (1994), while the funk of ‘Ten’ (1991) can be heard on stand-out track ‘Severed Hand’. Vedder pens poems of love and loss on ‘Parachutes’ and ‘Come Back’, while guitar genius Mike McCready shares stories from his past on the album-closer ‘Inside Job’. But it is the anthemic ‘Gone’ and the rocking ‘Marker In The Sand’ that make these ears dance.

While some will say it is wrong to compare ‘Pearl Jam’ to past classics, it is too obvious – and too good – to deny. Why shy away from comparisons to some of the best albums of our time? On this album, a sound is captured that literally needs to be heard to be believed. Pearl Jam has delivered once again. Too bad it took them a decade…

Highlights: MARKER IN THE SAND; SEVERED HAND; GONE; PARACHUTES

lifewasted.net
  • hey thanks for the feedback, im stoked to hear that you enjoyed most of the songs, and more so for the ones you say you didnt enjoy, your descriptions definately got me excited (especially big wave, i heard someone else compare it to soundgarden's 'kickstand' which is one of my fav songs) cant wait! only 4 more weeks to go!!!

YieldInHiding: "RED DOT is an intermission...not "filler." I hate that word. Filler is what's in a Twinkie."
  • hey guys, check this out -

PEARL JAM
    ****1/2

PEARL JAM frontman Eddie Vedder once penned the line 'It's evolution, baby'. More than eight years have passed since the creation of that now-famous rocker, and on their new self-titled album we see finally see Ed and his men evolve into undeniable rock masters of their generation. While never seeming complacent or arrogant, Pearl Jam have historically succeeded at giving music lovers the best live show they will ever see, while at the same time giving their devoted fans studio albums that were nothing to write home about.

Of course, much respect must be given to a band that, at the height of their powers in 1995, recoils in self-preservation to write the underrated, undeniable gem that was ‘No Code’ (1996). Since then, as quoted by bassist Jeff Ament in 2001, Pearl Jam made a habit of holding back some of its best songs in an attempt to ‘sabotage their own fame’, and follow-ups ‘Yield’ (1998), ‘Binaural’ (2000) and the confusing ‘Riot Act’ (2002) were ‘good-without-being-great’ releases.

But ‘Pearl Jam’ sees the band come full circle. ‘Life Wasted’ and ‘Comatose’ are as raw as anything on ‘Vitalogy’ (1994), while the funk of ‘Ten’ (1991) can be heard on stand-out track ‘Severed Hand’. Vedder pens poems of love and loss on ‘Parachutes’ and ‘Come Back’, while guitar genius Mike McCready shares stories from his past on the album-closer ‘Inside Job’. But it is the anthemic ‘Gone’ and the rocking ‘Marker In The Sand’ that make these ears dance.

While some will say it is wrong to compare ‘Pearl Jam’ to past classics, it is too obvious – and too good – to deny. Why shy away from comparisons to some of the best albums of our time? On this album, a sound is captured that literally needs to be heard to be believed. Pearl Jam has delivered once again. Too bad it took them a decade…

Highlights: MARKER IN THE SAND; SEVERED HAND; GONE; PARACHUTES

thats awesome! good to see some the reviews starting! hopefully we will get some more news hitting the papers in the coming weeks....

great review, ty admin :D

very nice, i got the album, the hoodie, and the warm up gig to look forward to :D
    wah
    hey guys, check this out -

PEARL JAM
    ****1/2

Four and a half stars????? Fuck yeah!

I know I'm going to sound like the blackboard on Mr Squiggle but I want the next four weeks to **HUUUURRRY UUUUUUUP**

Tempted to listen to some of the other leaked songs -- so so tempted!!! :o :eek:
    Illegal, have you been to the shops yet???!?!?!?!?
    ten characters

• PappasPappas Posts: 809
    heyjose wrote:
    It's all pretty much a blur, but I can tell you this album sounds nothing like its predecessors. It was hard to hear over people talking over it, but the band are messing with traditional song formulas a lot. Ed screams... a lot. There are some Mike solos, but think the style he goes nuts with on Habit. There isn't a heavy emphasis on keys, but more could reveal itself. It is really aggressive in parts, lots of power chords! The sound is better than Riot Act as far as I could tell, the band playing tighter, the songs being tighter as well. But I think I'd like to hear Ed a bit better in the mix. Standout at the moment : Marker in the Sand.

1. Life Wasted

Straight up, hard edged rocker with Ed screaming throughout (couldn't make out a word, except for "life wasted"!). It's similiar in feel to WWS but more aggressive. Bridge slows it down and is awesome, then it's back to 3 chords and Mike going beserk which continues as song fades. No real hook as far as I could tell but could be a grower.

2. WWS

So much better when you hear it straight from the cd and amped. The catchiness of it really comes through. I'm now more of a fan.

3. Comatose

Studio version of what was formerly Crapshoot is great. Sound is awesome. It's easier to hear Ed at the start. Bridge is brief and didn't really go anywhere, but Mike then solos. Ed is again screaming/straining. A quick, punked-up thrill.

4. Severed Hand

Change of pace for some of it. There's a fade in and then the sound of backwards guitars. Matt comes in with lots of tom work and it sounds like there's a synth. Did Matt co-write this? There's a machine-gun guitar riff. Bridge slows it down and it sounds like Insignificance with more of a pop feel. Lots of Mike solo work, ala Habit. I think this might be a grower.

5. Marker in the Sand

Favourite, hands down. Matt kicks in with a cool fill and there's interesting riffage going on. A different guitar sound. A beautiful, beautiful chorus that slows the song down. More Ed straining his voice! But it'll give you chills. And then suddenly, the tempo changes out of nowhere. The outro is played over chorus chords. Winner.

6. Parachutes

Don't worry, this is a great song. Folky but upbeat with acoustic guitar, lots of time changes, and a good, classic pop feel. Nice.

7. Unemployable

I really had to go to the bathroom, but like WWS, good to hear it from the disc and amped.

8. Big Wave

Didn't really like this one so much, but we'll see. It's back to the aggressive punk with Ed screaming all over the place and Mike soloing. Like Get Right on speed. Maybe.

9. Gone

Prepare to be really pleased with how this has come to life. Ed starts off with acoustic guitar. Great vox. The other guitars fade in. Matt has added a little bit of a tom-based fill to the "oh the lights of the city" bit. Builds up nicely to the chorus, which is more poppy here. The emotion is strong in this track and delivered well.

10. Wasted Reprise

Not as experimental as you might think. Just Ed and organ and piano maybe. "I'm never going back again..."

11. Army Reprise

Might be a grower, but if there's a hook it didn't jump out at me. This sounds reverb-heavy and call me crazy, but made me think of earlier (MUCH earlier) Pearl Jam due to the sound.

12. Come Back

Pretty song based around 2-3 chords, I'm guessing there's a D and a G but who knows, it's all a blur. A slow dancing ballad with 50's style, and a simple Mike solo. Can't go wrong with this one.

13. Inside Job

Fade in again. Instantly reminds me of Gone. Downbeat with acoustic guitar, a feedback drenched guitar, piano. Instrumental lasts for ages. Picks up later into the song, and ends with a flurry of cool effects.

They didn't leave it on long enough for the secret track.
    awesome, thanks for the review

Even Flow Psycho Member #039

******Message Pit Australian Tour Members********
    rumour starter President & Member #1

www.myspace.com/pappas99
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Illegal, have you been to the shops yet???!?!?!?!?

uh huh uh huh

had an incident reaching down for something on a lower shelf

report will be in tomorrow

:eek:
    wah
This discussion has been closed.