Australia and NZ tour rumours going around Part 2 (No Bullshit)

Comments

• GennibeanGennibean Posts: 75
    Oz Jammer wrote:
    Just to update you, my friend Mark and I just handed out petitions to JB HiFi, Mark Richards Surf, Muso's Corner and the local Austereo radio station in Newcastle.
    Mark Richards spoke to Eddie 3 weeks ago and Eddie's under the impression that Pearl Jam were scheduled for Newcastle!!!
    Apparently MR reckons that Eddie doesn't know where the guys are playing most of the time :)
    MR told me that he's leaning very hard on the tour manager and that a movement is starting here in Newcastle.
    Fingers crossed everyone!!
    Looks like Andre_W , my mate Mark and my hard work might just pay off!!

Excellent work my friend. Everyone at the Newcastle gig will I'm sure offer to shout you a drink if we are successful! :)
    ******* Official Upcoming Australasian Tour Member #74*******
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    no these are two different questions

someone asked wether we will be able to get ten club tickets to future shows

ten club said yes

injuddstree asked whether we will be able to reserve tickets for future shows

ten club said no

so i take that as we will not be able to reserve tickets to future shows now but we will be able to buy them when they are sold

oh and it looks like the tickets will be much more expensive than i had thought, $122.40

Ohhhh, so sorry. I'll go edit that post so everyone doesn't get into a hissy fit over it!
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • tommyphillipstommyphillips Posts: 709
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Ohhhh, so sorry. I'll go edit that post so everyone doesn't get into a hissy fit over it!

i hope your not implying im in a hissy fit i just thought i could clear it up
    10/11/06, 11/11/06, 13/11/06, 14/11/06, 16/11/06, 19/11/06, 21/11/06, 22/11/06.

+--+-Official Upcoming Australasian Tour: Member No. 35-+--+
  • InJuddsTreeInJuddsTree Posts: 377
    Oz Jammer wrote:
    Just to update you, my friend Mark and I just handed out petitions to JB HiFi, Mark Richards Surf, Muso's Corner and the local Austereo radio station in Newcastle.
    Mark Richards spoke to Eddie 3 weeks ago and Eddie's under the impression that Pearl Jam were scheduled for Newcastle!!!
    Apparently MR reckons that Eddie doesn't know where the guys are playing most of the time :)
    MR told me that he's leaning very hard on the tour manager and that a movement is starting here in Newcastle.
    Fingers crossed everyone!!
    Looks like Andre_W , my mate Mark and my hard work might just pay off!!

great work, but i dont see where theyre going to fit it on the tour.
    Brisbane 8/2/03 -- Adelaide 16/2/03 -- Melbourne 18/2/03 -- Brisbane 10/11/06 -- Brisbane 11/11/06 -- Melbourne 13/11/06 -- Melbourne 14/11/06 -- Adelaide 21/11/06 -- Adelaide 22/11/06 -- Perth 25/11/06

lifewasted.net
    i hope your not implying im in a hissy fit i just thought i could clear it up

Nooooo, not at all! Thank you very much for clearing it up....I just didn't want people do to what I just did "FUCK, NO 10 CLUB TIX FOR ADDITIONAL SHOWS!!!" So I edited it!

Hissy fit isn't even the right word I was looking for -- I should have said "stressed out" or something....
    Can anyone get into http://www.lifewasted.net? Is that even the right address???
  • heyjoseheyjose Posts: 503
    No way, tix $122.40??? WTF?!!

We can't reserve for added shows either? :(

This not helping the stress!
    1995: Melbourne 1
    1998: Melbourne 1, 2, 3
    2003: Sydney 1, 2, 3, Melbourne 1, 2, 3
    2006: Sydney 1, 2, Melbourne 1, 2, 3, Sydney 3, Newcastle, Adelaide 1, 2, Perth
    2009: LA 1, 2, Melbourne, Sydney
    2014: Gold Coast, Melbourne, Sydney

• Andre_WAndre_W Posts: 196
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Can anyone get into http://www.lifewasted.net? Is that even the right address???
    yes, no worries here
    "There is no society in human history that ever suffered because its people became too reasonable." - Sam Harris

My other home
    www.iseekgolf.com
    There are SEVERAL things that I have a problem with from preferredseating.com.au:

Their clause states that In ENTERTAINMENT CENTRES our tickets are generally located on the floor and/or in the first elevation. So you could get back of the floor, which sucks.

Front row isn't necessarily the best. Front row isnt the best? I'm sorry, but yes it is.

How does the Preferred Seating service differ from what I could get by going to a ticketing agency?
    Premium quality seating, as opposed to 'pot luck'

This is incorrect. Ticketek and Ticketmaster tickets are sold on the BEST AVAILABLE, not 'POT LUCK'. This is just a blatant lie.

When will my tickets arrive?
    Tickets will be mailed to you at least 2 weeks prior to the event

2 weeks before the event? That gives you very little time to arrange better seats if the ones you get are shit.

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY:

For large outdoor or high demand events, we sell tickets as Advance Access™, which allows customers to purchase before they are on sale to the general public - to ensure you don't miss out! We cannot however guarantee the quality of these seats within the selected seating category, as Advance Access™ events are usually high-demand or outdoor events and tickets are limited.

And for PJ tickets on this site it says: Seating is Advance Access therefore the exact location within the Reserve category cannot be guaranteed at this time.

I'm not trusting this site at all.

All info from:
    http://preferredseating.com.au/vip/public/faqs.html?
    Brisbane 8/2/03 -- Adelaide 16/2/03 -- Melbourne 18/2/03 -- Brisbane 10/11/06 -- Brisbane 11/11/06 -- Melbourne 13/11/06 -- Melbourne 14/11/06 -- Adelaide 21/11/06 -- Adelaide 22/11/06 -- Perth 25/11/06

lifewasted.net
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    I will be buying 10 club tickets tomorrow for Sydney and Melbourne - as many shows are available for each city.

Anyway, I will have a spare 10 club ticket available for the Melbourne show/s and wanted to sell it to another 10 clubber for face value.
    If you are interested drop me a pm.

My 10 club number is 188xxx so tickets should be fairly good.
  • bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,092
    I will be buying 10 club tickets tomorrow for Sydney and Melbourne - as many shows are available for each city.

Anyway, I will have a spare 10 club ticket available for the Melbourne show/s and wanted to sell it to another 10 clubber for face value.
    If you are interested drop me a pm.

My 10 club number is 188xxx so tickets should be fairly good.
    How good do you reckon your tickets will be? Did you go in 03? I'm 213XXX so I'm hoping they won't be too bad.
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    bazzer wrote:
    How good do you reckon your tickets will be? Did you go in 03? I'm 213XXX so I'm hoping they won't be too bad.

In '03 the ticketing distribution was different - but i got 4th row dead centre in sydney. 3 people between me and the stage - unbelievable! my friend was worried about dancing like an idiot cause "eddie could see me"!!!
  • bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,092
    In '03 the ticketing distribution was different - but i got 4th row dead centre in sydney. 3 people between me and the stage - unbelievable! my friend was worried about dancing like an idiot cause "eddie could see me"!!!
    Was it by blocks in 03? It'll also probably make a difference that you can go to more than one show I guess. Will push people back a bit. Hopefully not too much.
    bazzer wrote:
    Was it by blocks in 03? It'll also probably make a difference that you can go to more than one show I guess. Will push people back a bit. Hopefully not too much.

it was blocks in 03 but not this time. they assign u your exact seat before u get there, then they give u ure seats at the box office.

lifewasted.net
  • threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392
    how did the blocks thing work last time, i had front row in brissie and talking to the people next me they all joined round the same time as me so would have had a similar number? so just exactly how did the blocks work, if any one knows?
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
    in 2003, when they added shows in brisbane, sydney and melbourne (when they sold out), did they sell tickets for these added shows IMMEDIATELY, or did they make an announcement and wait a few days, then put them on sale?

lifewasted.net
    in 2003, when they added shows in brisbane, sydney and melbourne (when they sold out), did they sell tickets for these added shows IMMEDIATELY, or did they make an announcement and wait a few days, then put them on sale?

Hey Judd,

Good to see we can finally help you out with a question!

The 2nd shows in Sydney and Melbourne were sold on the same day as the first, announced in the afternoon maybe and then sold immediately.

The 3rd shows, at least in Sydney anyway, went on sale a few days later.

Brad

heyjose wrote:
    Hey Judd,

The 2nd shows in Sydney and Melbourne were sold on the same day as the first, announced in the afternoon maybe and then sold immediately.

Brad

yeah, the second show in brissie was announced at about 9.30 and went onsale at 10 i think, cause my mate got back from buying tix in town and by the time he got back to my joint i was asking him if he wanted tix to the 2nd night
    heyjose wrote:
    Hey Judd,

Brad

thanks man ;) looks like im taking friday off work

lifewasted.net
    yeah, the second show in brissie was announced at about 9.30 and went onsale at 10 i think, cause my mate got back from buying tix in town and by the time he got back to my joint i was asking him if he wanted tix to the 2nd night

cheers man ;) anyone else nervous as balls?

lifewasted.net
    thanks man ;) looks like im taking friday off work

so your plan, like mine, is to try our luck with ticketek? i guess if there's no extra 10c info by then, we have no choice.

heyjose wrote:
    so your plan, like mine, is to try our luck with ticketek? i guess if there's no extra 10c info by then, we have no choice.

exactly. from what ive heard we wont get 10c for added shows because ticketek announce and sell them immediately. i will get 10c for brisbane 1, melbourne 1 and adelaide 1, and then get ticketek tix for the added shows.

lifewasted.net
    cheers man ;) anyone else nervous as balls?

I'm not nervous about missing out on 10c tix just nervous about where they will be, but i gotta wait til nov to find out, so i guess i can't really let it bother me, but yeah i'll have to tell the wife to hang around the ticketek website on friday to get 2nd night tix, if we can't get them from 10c
  • GibGib Posts: 43
    I have a technical question that I'm posting here cause us Aussies are awake now, and I'm hoping I can get some help.

I'm just trying to make sure that I'm set up in the GOODS section ready to by tickets tomorrow. I have never purchased anything from pearljam.com's GOODS section (in fact I've never purchased anything online, full stop). I don't have a credit card, but I'm borrowing someone's to get tickets. So I'm trying to set up and alternative billing address, but in the process I've realised my postal address details are strange, when I try purchasing something, and it's the same on past mail from the 10 Club.

My postal addy is...

My name
    No. and Street name
    State, Postcode
    Country

But my billing addy is...

The name of the card holder
    No. and Street name
    Suburb, Postcode
    Country

BTW: In my profile it shows the full address with

My name
    No. and Street name
    Suburb
    State, Postcode
    Country

No. and Street name
    State
    Suburb, Postcode
    Country

When I filled in the form for the billing address, I put

City - Suburb
    State/Region (US/Canada) - Non-US or Non-Canada
    Other Region - State
    Postal Code - Postcode
    Country - Australia

Now I have been getting all fan club stuff in the post, so I'm guessing the postal addy is the better set-up. How is everyone else's details set-up? And what should I do to get it right?

Sorry if this makes no sense, and that it's so long, I just don't want any problems tomorrow... So can I please get some help? Thanks
    I Said... Nervous As Balls!!!!!

• Nadine ZNadine Z Posts: 92
    im nervous bout saturday morning. i hope tickets wont sell out immediately or the site doesnt respond for some reason, or i lose internet connection at home and have to run like mad looking for an internet cafe. yeah im nervous lol
  • illegal pantsillegal pants Posts: 13,471
    i said yeaaaaaaaaaah!

i think mine's similar Gib!
    wah
  • ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    I just thought maybe this thread's title should be changed...
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
    Gib wrote:
    I have a technical question that I'm posting here cause us Aussies are awake now, and I'm hoping I can get some help.

I'm just trying to make sure that I'm set up in the GOODS section ready to by tickets tomorrow. I have never purchared anything from pearljam.com's GOODS section (in fact I've never purchaced anything online, full stop). I don't have a credit card, but I'm borrowing someone's to get tickets. So I'm trying to set up and alternative billing address, but in the process I've realised my postal address detials are strange, when I try purchacing something, and it's the same on past mail from the 10 Club.

My postal addy is...

My name
    No. and Street name
    State, Postcode
    Country

No. and Street name
    Suburb, Postcode
    Country

My name
    No. and Street name
    Suburb
    State, Postcode
    Country

No. and Street name
    State
    Suburb, Postcode
    Country

City - Suburb
    Other Region - State
    Postal Code - Postcode
    Country - Australia

Now I have been getting all fan club stuff in the post, so I'm guessing the postal addy is the better set-up. How is everyone else's details set-up? And what should I do to get it right?

Sorry if this makes no sense, and that it's so long, I just don't want any problems tomorrow... So can I please get some help? Thanks

Mate I think we'll be ok. Mine is the same, it leaves off the state when you transact but shows it in my profile.

• SmitreSmitre Posts: 68
    Not sure I understand your question completely, but for 10c tickets the most important thing to get right is the billing address that matches up with the credit card. That way there are no errors when 10c processes the order. The mailing address does not really matter as much because you will be picking up the tickets at the venue on the day of the show. All you need is a picture ID that matches your name (name of 10c member that purchased the tickets, not the name of the credit card owner).

Gib wrote:

I'm just trying to make sure that I'm set up in the GOODS section ready to by tickets tomorrow. I have never purchared anything from pearljam.com's GOODS section (in fact I've never purchaced anything online, full stop). I don't have a credit card, but I'm borrowing someone's to get tickets. So I'm trying to set up and alternative billing address, but in the process I've realised my postal address detials are strange, when I try purchacing something, and it's the same on past mail from the 10 Club.

My postal addy is...

My name
    No. and Street name
    State, Postcode
    Country

No. and Street name
    Suburb, Postcode
    Country

My name
    No. and Street name
    Suburb
    State, Postcode
    Country

No. and Street name
    State
    Suburb, Postcode
    Country

City - Suburb
    Other Region - State
    Postal Code - Postcode
    Country - Australia

www.givelife.org [Red Cross Blood Donation]
    1-800-GiveLife 1-800-448-3543
This discussion has been closed.