Australia and NZ tour rumours going around Part 2 (No Bullshit)

Comments

• ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    exactly. from what ive heard we wont get 10c for added shows because ticketek announce and sell them immediately. i will get 10c for brisbane 1, melbourne 1 and adelaide 1, and then get ticketek tix for the added shows.

Question --

On Friday when the first shows are sold out (and we all have 10c tickets), do you have a special plan for finding out when the second show is on sale? EG You could sit on the phone for 30 mins to Ticketek and then get told they're still selling the first show -- then you ring back again in 30 mins and the second show is already sold out???

Do you know what I mean?
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    next Friday is going to be a write off work/study wise for us haha.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Nadine ZNadine Z Posts: 92
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Question --

On Friday when the first shows are sold out (and we all have 10c tickets), do you have a special plan for finding out when the second show is on sale? EG You could sit on the phone for 30 mins to Ticketek and then get told they're still selling the first show -- then you ring back again in 30 mins and the second show is already sold out???

Do you know what I mean?

dont we get an email from 10c announcing the extra shows? i remember getting emails about additional shows during the european and U.S. tours.
    Smitre wrote:
    Not sure I understand your question completely, but for 10c tickets the most important thing to get right is the billing address that matches up with the credit card. That way there are no errors when 10c processes the order. The mailing address does not really matter as much because you will be picking up the tickets at the venue on the day of the show. All you need is a picture ID that matches your name (name of 10c member that purchased the tickets, not the name of the credit card owner).

Billing address matches the credit card? As in the address where the credit card statement is sent should match the billing address? Because my billing address is a PO Box and the credit card address is our home address...OH FUCK!

I'm stressing a little about using my boyfriends credit card and my membership -- because when I bought membership once on his credit card his bank rang me to confirm that I had Leigh's permission to use it etc etc. I emailed 10c and they said it will be fine (as long as I pick up the tix) but still -- SCARY!!!!
  • GibGib Posts: 43
    i think mine's similar Gib!
    heyjose wrote:
    Mate I think we'll be ok. Mine is the same, it leaves off the state when you transact but shows it in my profile.
    Smitre wrote:
    Not sure I understand your question completely, but for 10c tickets the most important thing to get right is the billing address that matches up with the credit card. That way there are no errors when 10c processes the order. The mailing address does not really matter as much because you will be picking up the tickets at the venue on the day of the show. All you need is a picture ID that matches your name (name of 10c member that purchased the tickets, not the name of the credit card owner).
    Thanks guys for your help.

So should I change the billing addy to be in the same as ORDER as my postal addy cause I know it has worked in the past. I mean this in terms of, is having my suburb or state listed (when completing my transaction) more important?
  • PappasPappas Posts: 809
    Zoso wrote:
    I just thought maybe this thread's title should be changed...
    only ad admin can change it i cant

Even Flow Psycho Member #039

******Message Pit Australian Tour Members********
    rumour starter President & Member #1

www.myspace.com/pappas99
  • longroad1longroad1 Posts: 49
    Dont stress about your address, its fine.
    Nothing is being sent to you.
    Even if it was, Postcode is all that matters these days. Aus Post dont even look at the suburb name, everything goes by post code.
  • heyjoseheyjose Posts: 503
    Gib wrote:
    Thanks guys for your help.

So should I change the billing addy to be in the same as ORDER as my postal addy cause I know it has worked in the past. I mean this in terms of, is having my suburb or state listed (when completing my transaction) more important?

I just bought a sticker lol, just so i could test it out. i put in a custom addy for shipping and billing, the latter with my name as it is on my credit card (bradley instead of brad.. don't laugh).

in city i put : mulgrave, victoria

now it all reads as it should.
    1995: Melbourne 1
    1998: Melbourne 1, 2, 3
    2003: Sydney 1, 2, 3, Melbourne 1, 2, 3
    2006: Sydney 1, 2, Melbourne 1, 2, 3, Sydney 3, Newcastle, Adelaide 1, 2, Perth
    2009: LA 1, 2, Melbourne, Sydney
    2014: Gold Coast, Melbourne, Sydney

• GibGib Posts: 43
    longroad1 wrote:
    Dont stress about your address, its fine.
    Nothing is being sent to you.
    Even if it was, Postcode is all that matters these days. Aus Post dont even look at the suburb name, everything goes by post code.
    Thanks, good point and I'm guessing that's why my other stuff gets here.
    heyjose wrote:

Thanks Bradley ;) that's genius.
    heyjose wrote:
    I just bought a sticker lol, just so i could test it out. i put in a custom addy for shipping and billing, the latter with my name as it is on my credit card (bradley instead of brad.. don't laugh).

HA HA HA...that's weird....I just spoke to Leigh and said "I'm buying a sticker to test out buying something with your credit card and my membership name". Great minds think alike! :D
    hahaha Zig and Gib...

i think i'm going balder at a faster rate than previously with all this. i should've been in that ed sullivan theatre crowd.

• illegal pantsillegal pants Posts: 13,471
    good luck tomorrow morning aussies and nz'ers :D

happy weekend, happy mother's day (harry did you get anything) and...

2006 :D
    wah
  • ozpjmanozpjman Posts: 870
    You still here Jim?? You should have come to see me! When did you come in?

Yeah Tig still here, will be here until Sunday morning, stayin at the Q1 at Surfers.

If you aint far away ill be more than happy to meet up and say hi, definately.

PJ meet and greets have started early!!
    Stars walk the red carpet because they're famous - I walk the toilet paper because im the shit.
  • threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392
    well you can or stop worrying about weather the PJ tour is gonna be sponsered by Triple M or Triple J. it's being surported by MAX?

From the max email:
    "Pearl Jam are touring for MAX"

http://maxtv.com.au/Max/Article.aspx?ID=77

i like this comment:
    'Worldwide Suicide', definitely evokes the band's earth-quakingly good album Ten and could be the most enthusiastic rock effort since 'Do The Evolution' from the album No Code.

Maybe they are gonna record a Max Sessions?
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
    ozpjman wrote:
    Yeah Tig still here, will be here until Sunday morning, stayin at the Q1 at Surfers.

If you aint far away ill be more than happy to meet up and say hi, definately.

PJ meet and greets have started early!!

Q1 is nice hey, i stayed there a little while ago. damn that thing is high. and it's a short walk from the Hard Rock
  • swampyswampy Posts: 36
    Found these floor plans for other concerts in Perth at subi oval. I was wondering what the seating system might look like. Links below if any one wants to see em too

http://www.ticketmaster.com.au/images/venue_graphics/818/concert_neilDiamond.jpg

http://www.ticketmaster.com.au/images/venue_graphics/818/eagles.jpg
    lets pick up your will,.. it's grown fat and lazy.
    .: Save You :.

Whoa... that has just become more of a possibility.

But aren't these filmed in Sydney?

heyjose wrote:
    Whoa... that has just become more of a possibility.

But aren't these filmed in Sydney?

Yeah, but aren't PJ gonna be in sydney?
    Q1 is nice hey, i stayed there a little while ago. damn that thing is high. and it's a short walk from the Hard Rock

High is an understatement, but i found out why favours from family is not worth it.

Booked our holiday through my cousin, won't mention the agent they have "Lowest Airfares Guaranteed"

She promised me level 52, King Size bed, full surround sound home theatre system, full foxtel etc

We get there. Level 17, Double bed, limited foxtel.

Don't get me wrong, beautiful place, no regrets booking there, but I hate being promised what can't be delivered...

But i'd stay there again
    Stars walk the red carpet because they're famous - I walk the toilet paper because im the shit.
    well you can or stop worrying about weather the PJ tour is gonna be sponsered by Triple M or Triple J. it's being surported by MAX?

From the max email:
    "Pearl Jam are touring for MAX"

http://maxtv.com.au/Max/Article.aspx?ID=77

i like this comment:
    'Worldwide Suicide', definitely evokes the band's earth-quakingly good album Ten and could be the most enthusiastic rock effort since 'Do The Evolution' from the album No Code.

I suggested that yesterday sometime, that would be fantastic if they did a MAX Sessions, Benaroya but better, cos its in Australia
    Yeah, but aren't PJ gonna be in sydney?

i was just thinking about the melb --> adel gap.

• catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    the tour is being sponsored by triple m, max and channel [V].

and the reason for max involvement is because they're now a bunch of old farts. :D though it would be cool if they did one of those opera house basement acoustic thingys.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    ozpjman wrote:
    High is an understatement, but i found out why favours from family is not worth it.

Booked our holiday through my cousin, won't mention the agent they have "Lowest Airfares Guaranteed"

She promised me level 52, King Size bed, full surround sound home theatre system, full foxtel etc

We get there. Level 17, Double bed, limited foxtel.

Don't get me wrong, beautiful place, no regrets booking there, but I hate being promised what can't be delivered...

But i'd stay there again

Yeah we were on level 15, even that feels high, but then you go up on 77 and fuck it's freaky up there, and they haven't spared any expence on the rooms and stuff, nice furniture and appliances and stuff. and i thought that you could only stay as high as 44, i thought above that was all the residential, but i could be wrong. oh and my wife wanted me to buy her one, but i didn't have $1.2mil on me, or she wanted the penthouse for $10mil. she's kidding herself, she ain't worth spending that much on:D
    heyjose wrote:
    i was just thinking about the melb --> adel gap.

Well yeah they could do that, or the tour kicks of in sydney on the 7th, so if they do 3 shows there they have to be in brissie on the 10th, so they might do it before the tour on the 6th or something? but maybe not
    Tix go on sale 9am Sydney time -- there isn't daylight savings or anything like that at the moment is there? Is Brisbane/Townsville time the exact same time as Sydney time???
  • DonJonDonJon Posts: 5,089
    GDay all

Nah time is same.
    There's no stress for tickets tho is there. I thought that as long as we got them during the pre-sale then they were distributed according to 10c numbers???? Meaning that its not a race to purchase????

Or have I got this well f*cked up?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
    DonJon wrote:
    GDay all

Nah time is same.
    There's no stress for tickets tho is there. I thought that as long as we got them during the pre-sale then they were distributed according to 10c numbers???? Meaning that its not a race to purchase????

Or have I got this well f*cked up?

Well no, once you have tix it's done on member number, but also there is limited 10c tix to each show, so if heaps of people are buying for one show you may not get tix, but i don't think that'll happen.
    Cool. Sorry Zig's post got me worried.

Thanks for clearing that up
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    time for me to gloat.
    i found out today that my stuvac in november starts on the 6th. so that covers sydney and brisvegas at least.woohoo!!!!!!!
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    Thats great news - lucky you.
    I just found that my exams run from 1-12 November with concert on 7th.
    Im well chuffed!!
This discussion has been closed.