Australia and NZ tour rumours going around Part 2 (No Bullshit)

Comments

• GavrocksGavrocks Posts: 33
    Well, even though its almost midnight, its still 16 degrees, here, which i can live with. Whereas, you're probably more like7-8 degrees!
    Ten Club Member: 342***

10/11/06 - Brisbane, QLD, Australia
    14/6/08 - Manchester, TN, USA
    16/6/08 - Columbia, SC, USA
    20/11/09 - Melbourne, VIC, Australia

"Such a perfect Island, tucked away in the sea.
    The real land of the free, do you hear me?"
  • Oz JammerOz Jammer Posts: 9,858
    Fingal wrote:
    A few hundred - one of those warm up shows under a different name.... Didn't someone do a show a while ago saying the they were a Pearl jam tribute band - or is that just my imagination???

Silverchair did it in a little bar in Surrey Hills.
    They played under their original name 'Short Elvis'
  • FingalFingal Posts: 16
    Hey I saw the first ever Short Elvis show at newie high :) Someone did do a show under another name - will have to ask a friend at work tomorrow....
    Gavrocks wrote:
    Well, even though its almost midnight, its still 16 degrees, here, which i can live with. Whereas, you're probably more like7-8 degrees!

Yeah, i'm bloody freezing!!
    Me and my girlfriend are planning to fly up to Brissie for the (possible) 2nd Brisbane show cause she can't get time off work to go to Sydney with me.
    Brisbane's my 2nd fave place in Australia
    Fingal wrote:
    Hey I saw the first ever Short Elvis show at newie high :) Someone did do a show under another name - will have to ask a friend at work tomorrow....

Now there's a claim to fame!!
  • FingalFingal Posts: 16
    I've got a few claims to fame :) But the only one I care about is getting a certain band in Newcastle at the moment.....:0
  • InJuddsTreeInJuddsTree Posts: 377
    Guys - the Oz Tour Forum is in full swing! Head on over to http://lifewasted.17.forumer.com/viewforum.php?f=1 and register!

The actual Tour website is coming soon!
    Brisbane 8/2/03 -- Adelaide 16/2/03 -- Melbourne 18/2/03 -- Brisbane 10/11/06 -- Brisbane 11/11/06 -- Melbourne 13/11/06 -- Melbourne 14/11/06 -- Adelaide 21/11/06 -- Adelaide 22/11/06 -- Perth 25/11/06

lifewasted.net
    Oz Jammer wrote:
    Yeah, i'm bloody freezing!!
    Me and my girlfriend are planning to fly up to Brissie for the (possible) 2nd Brisbane show cause she can't get time off work to go to Sydney with me.
    Brisbane's my 2nd fave place in Australia
    Cool, well, right now, Newcastles my 2nd favourite place in Australia. (havent been to Perth yet, heard good things. Not keen on Melbourne though, sorry people i offend!)

Guys - the Oz Tour Forum is in full swing! Head on over to http://lifewasted.17.forumer.com/viewforum.php?f=1 and register!

The actual Tour website is coming soon!

Just joined :)
    Getting quiet on here.

PEARL JAM - NEWCASTLE 2006
  • yeah i think the 'life wasted' site is definatley the way to go at the moment.... i recon now we have an official aussie tour site the admin hear will be relieved!!!
    +--+-Official Upcoming Australasian Tour: Member No.5-+--+
    ~~~~~http://www.myspace.com/breakerfallpj~~~~~

YieldInHiding: "RED DOT is an intermission...not "filler." I hate that word. Filler is what's in a Twinkie."
    yeah, bedtime, i think.

Gavrocks wrote:
    yeah, bedtime, i think.

See ya mate!!
    Oz Jammer wrote:
    Thanks DonJon & Andre_W!!!
    The radio station is NEWFM
    http://www.newfm.com.au

Just go to 'contact us' and then a page will open up where you put down your details. Select 'management' as the destination and state the case :)

Just thought i'd put it up again
    Help me out guys!!
  • illegal pantsillegal pants Posts: 13,471
    pssssst happy birthday zig! have a great one :)

and bono too... maybe he'll wanna release dates for us huh lol
    wah
    pssssst happy birthday zig! have a great one :)

and bono too... maybe he'll wanna release dates for us huh lol

Happy Birthday Zig!!!
    Have you joined my campaign?
  • pearlygirlypearlygirly Posts: 48
    Just looking at the promo picture that is on the ticketek website. What the hell is Eddie wearing? He certainly doesn't look too impressed! hahaha I think its funny.
    I said YEH!
    Just looking at the promo picture that is on the ticketek website. What the hell is Eddie wearing? He certainly doesn't look too impressed! hahaha I think its funny.

Is Ed the new 'man in black'
    It's Ed doing a tribute to the late great Johnny Cash ;)
    Hey pearlygirly, have you joined my campaign, it's fully taken off!!
    I'm sorry ozjammer I haven't been paying attention. What campain is that?

I'll join it anyway!
    I said YEH!
    I'm sorry ozjammer I haven't been paying attention. What campain is that?

I'll join it anyway!

"BRING PJ TO NEWCASTLE CAMPAIGN"
    The radio station is NEWFM
    http://www.newfm.com.au

Just go to 'contact us' and then a page will open up where you put down your details. Select 'management' as the destination and state the case
    Done.

Fantastic cause. If its successful I'll be there for sure. Wasn't it a rumoured show anyway? It would be a lot closer and a better venue than the Superdome, not too impressed with that one, but I can't complain- at least they are coming; I saw them in Atlantic City last year- best gig ever mainly cause the venue was so small. If we could do it again so close to home that would be a dream come true. Wollongong would be a great venue- even closer to home for me!

Good luck with it oz jammer.

Night all- hopefully there will be a tenclub email in my inbox when I wake up in the morning :-)
    I said YEH!
    Done.

Fantastic cause. If its successful I'll be there for sure. Wasn't it a rumoured show anyway? It would be a lot closer and a better venue than the Superdome, not too impressed with that one, but I can't complain- at least they are coming; I saw them in Atlantic City last year- best gig ever mainly cause the venue was so small. If we could do it again so close to home that would be a dream come true. Wollongong would be a great venue- even closer to home for me!

Good luck with it oz jammer.

Night all- hopefully there will be a tenclub email in my inbox when I wake up in the morning :-)

Thank you!!
    Goodnight :)
  • StrandedStranded Posts: 183
    howzit folks? Just got online to find that the idea of giving perth dates has been scrapped. Anyone know what the fuck happened? Please someone tell me they are leaving the door open for more gigs around Oz.
    If I only knew now, what I new then.
    The Texas Leaguer smalltiming it.
    Stranded wrote:
    howzit folks? Just got online to find that the idea of giving perth dates has been scrapped. Anyone know what the fuck happened? Please someone tell me they are leaving the door open for more gigs around Oz.

Perth show will probably be announced on Thursday.
    Feel free to join in my campaign which can be found on the last page.
    Some international campaigning may pay off
    thanks chief/chiefess? Got my hackles up a bit there. It's difficult to curb the initial panic. I'll sign up for the petition no probs. Don't care if they play the bread section in Coles or Woollies, as long as they come.
    Stranded wrote:
    thanks chief/chiefess? Got my hackles up a bit there. It's difficult to curb the initial panic. I'll sign up for the petition no probs. Don't care if they play the bread section in Coles or Woollies, as long as they come.

Thanks mate!! :)
    If they come to Newcastle, feel free to live it up here in Newie!!
    I will mate. I was born in Hamilton anyway. Grew up in Sydney, but been stuck here for the last 5 years. Heading home in 7 weeks.......Bring it on. Just signed the petition.
    Stranded wrote:
    I will mate. I was born in Hamilton anyway. Grew up in Sydney, but been stuck here for the last 5 years. Heading home in 7 weeks.......Bring it on. Just signed the petition.

It's a small, small world :)
    indeed. Peace out
This discussion has been closed.